Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 盘龙 - Coiling Dragon Spoiler Discussion Thread

Book 13 Chapter 6 really throw a curveball to my understanding of the sovereigns:

"The earth-style only had seven of them! Only when one of them fell would another Highgod be able to obtain a Sovereign spark and take on the position of Sovereign. But how could someone as powerful as a Sovereign die easily? What’s more, the Necropolis of the Gods was nothing more than a game for Sovereigns."

So it appear that an elemental style has more than one sovereigns.
    I didn't think much about this before but recall that:

click to show/hide spoilers

In the arc where Linley killed off the wind sovereign, there was a head-honcho wind sovereign who filed a complaint with the 4 lead sovereigns. [Interesting arc where the 3 amigos -Linley/Beirut/Blue Fire planned the 'murder' just so that Linley can acquire the wind-sovereign spark!]

Also, when Linley took over the role of the wind sovereign he killed, Linley was not the head-honcho
    There were other (bigger) planes offered to Linley by the wind-leader-sovereign, but Linley rejected the offer.

WHAT'S ABOUT DESRI?

Quote Originally Posted by casgoldsmith View Post
    WHAT'S ABOUT DESRI?
    Am sure you know NOT to use cap when posting...it's like shouting/demanding a response...

Anyway not sure what you mean - most likely your query arise due to the recent chapter from REN

Desri got depressed and returned to his village later.
    Miller came to see Linley and reported Desri's mental condition. Linley visited him, pitied him and gave him Beaumont's divine sparks (IIRC). Desri was excited again. And promptly faded from the novel...D:

thanks

................ Poor desri T_T

Can someone tell me who Tarosse is? I surprisingly forgot his character....

Quote Originally Posted by matricha View Post
    Can someone tell me who Tarosse is? I surprisingly forgot his character....
    The snake in the early levels of the necropolis. The manager.

Ba Serpent? İ suspected him but forgot the name..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris White View Post
    just feel like answering some of these for the lawls

1. Yes, he was simply too lazy to pass on any techniques since he is a hermit and spends all his time learning thus anyone who follows the path of destruction has to learn it on their own. We meet all the "sovereigns" they are just regular people like Linley who have god sparks afterall... nothing special about them
    2. no
    3. He visits Hell, Underworld, Light realm and Wind realm, he also creates his own earth/water realm
    4. not really, Terosse or whatever his translated name is gets in a few fights but they are only glossed over and none are in real time/linley's perspective, otherwise the rest don't fight at all and the high priest simply disappears since linley never goes to the realm of life.
    5. there aren't any, big spoiler here, artifacts are made by gods holding on to the item over millions of years, so an upper tier artifact is made when an upper god uses a weapon over a million years, there really isnt anything greater than adamantine and there is only a few materials mentioned that are it's equal. Linley's adamantine sword only turns into a lower tier artifact and never gets better than that in the series since he doesn't live long enough to make it go any higher before the series ends.
    6. none, he mixes earth and water first and even uses them but by the time he mixes wind it is a mix with both earth and water already so there is no such mix of earth and wind in the series.
    Just wanted to know.
    What Level is Linley when he meet's his after in hell, and how strong are his father/the dragonbloods.
    What chapter does he meet his mother cause i remeber that the holy church turned her into an angel so how who was the leader of the holy church
    Also when does linly meet his teacher the king blue fire

Quote Originally Posted by bob-man156 View Post
    Also when does linly meet his teacher the king blue fire

After Ojwin is killed, and Linley realised he needed to travel a bit to better his skills (rather than training in the special room only)...

He and Bebe went to a mountain to train for a few years, then visited a small town (his hometown?). He heard about a person who has the ability to help people breakthrough - Blue Fire. Linley didn't know its "Blue Fire" - he is easy going and a rather nice guy.

Note: there are a few arcs before Linley meets Blue Fire (Adkins, a new character from hell who wants to kill Linley, etc). I hate the arc involving Ojwin - I was like - "kill him off already!"

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post

After Ojwin is killed, and Linley realised he needed to travel a bit to better his skills (rather than training in the special room only)...

He and Bebe went to a mountain to train for a few years, then visited a small town (his hometown?). He heard about a person who has the ability to help people breakthrough - Blue Fire. Linley didn't know its "Blue Fire" - he is easy going and a rather nice guy.

Note: there are a few arcs before Linley meets Blue Fire (Adkins, a new character from hell who wants to kill Linley, etc). I hate the arc involving Ojwin - I was like - "kill him off already!"
    Is this Adkins is the same as the one who are currently in the O'Brien Empire, the High God?

Quote Originally Posted by perspherspley View Post
    Is this Adkins is the same as the one who are currently in the O'Brien Empire, the High God?
    Yup.

Arc on Adkins
    He was involved a bit with Ojwin. But because of Blue Fire, Adkins forbid Ojwin to touch Linley (Ojwin used Adkins guys to harass Linley's gang) . He even helped Linley by killing off one powerful assassin.

In the end Adkins approached Beirut directly for access to Necropolis. They fought. Adkins was shocked when he hit Beirut's head but Beirut simply shrugged it off - obviously Beirut is more than highgod... Beirut killed him easily

Due to Ren's site problem, here is a paraphrase of Book 13, chap 11
    [to the best of my understand from GT - caveat: I don't read Chinese, but I can grasp better due to my understanding of one of the dialect].

Linley understands that power is everything, and one’s control and influence is determined by his power.
    The various empires are overrun by 2 mid-level gods (“full god”) and one highgod (Adkins). Even Ojwin has 2 divine clones and can fight Tarosse to a draw. They cannot afford antagonise the other mid-level god who overruns the High Priest empire.
    Tarosse advises Catherine (High Priest) to refine the mid-level divine spark. He also advises Dylin to quickly comprehend the application of laws, to increase attacking power.
    Both of them nodded.
    Tarosse commented that, since Beirut had just opened the Necropolis, it will be sometime before the next opening, and these wandering gods will likely be staying in Yulan continent for a while waiting for the next opening. They will not attack these gods but if these gods attack them, then the group will retaliate

Linley was worried. As Ojwin had attacked them, what’s stopping Adkins from doing the same.
    He was assured by Dylin that due to highgods’ pride (being of higher level, and a normal convention amongst the gods), as long as they do not provoke the highgods, the team will not be attacked.
    Linley was relieved.
    Dylin advised Tarosse to be careful in dealing with Ojwin but Tarosse laughed it off since Tarosse had been a mid-level god for so long, he will not be easily defeated. Tarosse went off to Baruch empire to check it out.
    Bebe arrived. He wanted Linley to go live with him at Beirut’s place, together with Taylor, as no one would dare to mess around with Beirut. Bebe was really worried about Ojwin
    Linley assured Bebe that the problem is settled as they have Tarosse and Dylin, mid-level gods, on their side. And there was no need to worry about Adkins who will not stoop down to deal with them entry-level gods.
    Bebe agrees. And told Linley that Beirut was ready to assist during the fight earlier. He also said in anger that if Beirut did not help at the crucial hour, Bebe will not acknowledge Beirut. Linley was surprised at this and tried to calm Bebe down and speak up a bit for Beirut, knowing that even if Bebe loves Beirut but he loves Linley more. After all, Beirut would not care about Desri or Olivier’s death. Beirut cares a bit about Linley simply due to Bebe.
    In the Forest of Darkness…
    Beirut is upset because two of his children who had been practicing for millions of years, have yet to breakthrough to the next level. They seem to have troubles practicing multiple laws.
    However Beirut resigned to this “failure” since they had done their best. Their progress had been really slow. Finally one of the children says that they are really tired, preferring to practice only one element of law (wind), which he feels is really comfortable.
    Beirut paused to think about Bebe – he knows Bebe loves both him and Linley. And despite what Bebe believes about Beirut’s power, there is only so much he can do. So there was a probability that he could not save Linley earlier due to speed.
    Beirut, with a sigh, then gave his two children permission to do what they want in their training. Their choice of practice, so long as they do not regret in future.
    After all his children are not geniuses.

Dragon castle…
    Miller (from Desri’s village) came to meet up with Linley. In the previous battle, Desri (his body) had fled to his village. Olivier is staying in the castle since he knows Ojwin wants to kill him and there are powerful friends in the castle who can protect him.
    Miller requests Linley to visit Desri because Desri is in a bad mental, emotional condition. He has locked himself away and not even coming out to talk to his wife. Miller and the elders of the village don’t know why Desri seems to be angry and has even raised his voice with his wife.
    Linley went with Miller. He knew about Desri’s loss, and kept this to himself. For Linley, even if he was to lose his wind avatar, life was more important – he thinks he can always pick up the other element of laws.
    Reynold (level 9 saint now) meets and greets Linley. Mrs Desri quickly ask Linley to meet up with Desri as he will not take any advice from anyone.

Linley realises that Desri has not told his loved ones about his loss. Linley walks into Desri’s room and see REN WX sitting cross-legged, wondering what the #%&^! is wrong with the web site.
    [kidding – hope the site goes up soon. Miss full colored paramount version of the story, instead of watching bootlegged cam version via GT )

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Due to Ren's site problem, here is a paraphrase of Book 13, chap 11
    [to the best of my understand from GT - caveat: I don't read Chinese, but I can grasp better due to my understanding of one of the dialect].

Linley understands that power is everything, and one’s control and influence is determined by his power.
    The various empires are overrun by 2 mid-level gods (“full god”) and one highgod (Adkins). Even Ojwin has 2 divine clones and can fight Tarosse to a draw. They cannot afford antagonise the other mid-level god who overruns the High Priest empire.
    Tarosse advises Catherine (High Priest) to refine the mid-level divine spark. He also advises Dylin to quickly comprehend the application of laws, to increase attacking power.
    Both of them nodded.
    Tarosse commented that, since Beirut had just opened the Necropolis, it will be sometime before the next opening, and these wandering gods will likely be staying in Yulan continent for a while waiting for the next opening. They will not attack these gods but if these gods attack them, then the group will retaliate

Linley was worried. As Ojwin had attacked them, what’s stopping Adkins from doing the same.
    He was assured by Dylin that due to highgods’ pride (being of higher level, and a normal convention amongst the gods), as long as they do not provoke the highgods, the team will not be attacked.
    Linley was relieved.
    Dylin advised Tarosse to be careful in dealing with Ojwin but Tarosse laughed it off since Tarosse had been a mid-level god for so long, he will not be easily defeated. Tarosse went off to Baruch empire to check it out.
    Bebe arrived. He wanted Linley to go live with him at Beirut’s place, together with Taylor, as no one would dare to mess around with Beirut. Bebe was really worried about Ojwin
    Linley assured Bebe that the problem is settled as they have Tarosse and Dylin, mid-level gods, on their side. And there was no need to worry about Adkins who will not stoop down to deal with them entry-level gods.
    Bebe agrees. And told Linley that Beirut was ready to assist during the fight earlier. He also said in anger that if Beirut did not help at the crucial hour, Bebe will not acknowledge Beirut. Linley was surprised at this and tried to calm Bebe down and speak up a bit for Beirut, knowing that even if Bebe loves Beirut but he loves Linley more. After all, Beirut would not care about Desri or Olivier’s death. Beirut cares a bit about Linley simply due to Bebe.
    In the Forest of Darkness…
    Beirut is upset because two of his children who had been practicing for millions of years, have yet to breakthrough to the next level. They seem to have troubles practicing multiple laws.
    However Beirut resigned to this “failure” since they had done their best. Their progress had been really slow. Finally one of the children says that they are really tired, preferring to practice only one element of law (wind), which he feels is really comfortable.
    Beirut paused to think about Bebe – he knows Bebe loves both him and Linley. And despite what Bebe believes about Beirut’s power, there is only so much he can do. So there was a probability that he could not save Linley earlier due to speed.
    Beirut, with a sigh, then gave his two children permission to do what they want in their training. Their choice of practice, so long as they do not regret in future.
    After all his children are not geniuses.

Dragon castle…
    Miller (from Desri’s village) came to meet up with Linley. In the previous battle, Desri (his body) had fled to his village. Olivier is staying in the castle since he knows Ojwin wants to kill him and there are powerful friends in the castle who can protect him.
    Miller requests Linley to visit Desri because Desri is in a bad mental, emotional condition. He has locked himself away and not even coming out to talk to his wife. Miller and the elders of the village don’t know why Desri seems to be angry and has even raised his voice with his wife.
    Linley went with Miller. He knew about Desri’s loss, and kept this to himself. For Linley, even if he was to lose his wind avatar, life was more important – he thinks he can always pick up the other element of laws.
    Reynold (level 9 saint now) meets and greets Linley. Mrs Desri quickly ask Linley to meet up with Desri as he will not take any advice from anyone.

Linley realises that Desri has not told his loved ones about his loss. Linley walks into Desri’s room and see REN WX sitting cross-legged, wondering what the #%&^! is wrong with the web site.
    [kidding – hope the site goes up soon. Miss full colored paramount version of the story, instead of watching bootlegged cam version via GT )

So the reason why the three Violet-Gold Rat King is still at the level of Peak Saints is mainly because their Father, Beirut wants them to train in all Laws of Elemental?
    Is Beirut perhaps an Asian that he wants his sons to be better in all elemental laws?

I get direct to wordpress asking me to create the Web page

When I try to go on wuxiaworld

Ren, what is happening with your varnish cache of your website wuxiaworld!
    sometime is 503 backend error, or cloudfare is on offline version

the recent one, wordpress been reset to zero post! blank website!

Quote Originally Posted by perspherspley View Post
    So the reason why the three Violet-Gold Rat King is still at the level of Peak Saints is mainly because their Father, Beirut wants them to train in all Laws of Elemental?
    Is Beirut perhaps an Asian that he wants his sons to be better in all elemental laws?
    A few laws were mentioned but not all laws.
    Recall when Linley wanted to pass Wharton a wind (IIRC) divine spark from Necropolic. Wharton rejected it as he preferred Fire law...

And I agree with you. Beirut's real name is Bei Ee Rue

While waiting, let me point you to an amusing post in Bad Translation. this is not about translation and this is not a translation. It's about an untranslated web novel titled 修真者在异世 (Tu Chân Giả Dị Thế) by 禹枫 (Vũ Phong) which the post suggests this novel is heavily influenced by BTTH and CD. Check their post titled The Ultimate Rip-off. This post contains spoiler.

My hat off to Ren and other translators - don't know how they do it but I can't even get 1/4 of chapter 12 done!

Well, here is 1/4th of the chapter, as I need to get on with life

This part deals with Desri only...its a mix of translation and synopsis. Mostly translation based on the figment of my imagination of what GT is trying to say

To Linley, Desri always has a smile on his face.
    But this time Desri hair is dishevelled, and his aura seems oppressive to Linley
    "You’ve come." Desi says indifferently.
    Linley was shocked. The loss of his clone has affected Desri in a huge way.
    "Desri, there is no point in sulking over the loss of the clone. Now is a good time to retreat and think about the way forward for yourself. You didn’t even tell your friends and relatives about your loss but kept everything to yourself – they will feel anxious.” Linley persuades.
    Desri was silent for a moment.
    Desri made some excuse about why they are not discussing about his loss which Linley acknowledges quietly. Linley realises that he and Desri are different. Desri had worked hard for five thousand years to become a deity only to lose it so soon – how can one accept such fate?
    Linley asks Desri whether he has decided what to do, whether he wants to practice other elements of law or to find a demigod spark for refining. Desri simply laughs – how much time does he have to start anew practicing other law. Already his practice of the law of light has taken him so long.
    Linley remains silent. He knows that one can only practices what one is good at. If someone forces Linley to practice another element of law that he knows nothing about, he will need 10~100 more time for practice to reach some achievement. Unlike his mastery of the wind law.
    Linley tries to comfort Desri and that he knows Desri is best at light law. He promises Desri that he will track down the follower of Ojwin who took his divine spark to get it back. Since Desri is refining his own divine spark, the period will be shorter. Meanwhile Linley is clear that it will be difficult to track that follower down. So Linley added that if he can find that fellow, he will find ways to help with the process of turning Desri into a demigod.
    "There is no need." Desi says as a matter-of-factly, both stunning and confusing Linley.
    "I do not want to practice the law of the light." Desri sighs.
    Desri has wised up after the last few battles – he realises that his light law has disadvantages. Better to pick up laws that cater towards melee and close combat. His attacks against Beaumont and Ojwin’s follower were ineffective.
    This took Linley by surprised as this is a drastic change in practice direction.
    “Really?” and with that Linley brings out a dark divine spark with a turn of his hand. Death divine spark.
    Desri knows that the divine spark relates to death rule. Linley confirms it and told him that it belongs to Beaumont, and is better for melee combat.
    Desri hesitates for a moment. As much as Desri desires this divine spark, this belongs to Linley and it is simply too precious. But Linley simply tells him to take the spark, and throws it to Desri who reaches out to grab it with disbelieving eyes. Turning into a demigod is just around the corner now!
    "Thank you." Desri just say these words.
    Linley simply smiles and advise Desri to practice in the dragon castle as with Tarosse and Dylin presence, there is safety since some strong gods may come to snatch this divine spark away.
    Desi agrees.

now wuxia world is wants me to download some kind of software. does any one know if this will be fixed or do i just have to download it?