Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Paladin 5 《云之凡》 - Zheng Yuan Chang, Elvis Han, Guli Nazha

I did a 'quick watch' out of curiousity and it didnt look bad (should rewatch, though..and with eng subs ). Anyway, is Elvis's character related to the previous CP's male leads? Just sayin..because his character seems to be similar with Hu Ge's characters : loud, naughty, bright . Or perhaps that's the standard character of CP's male lead, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I did a 'quick watch' out of curiousity and it didnt look bad (should rewatch, though..and with eng subs ). Anyway, is Elvis's character related to the previous CP's male leads? Just sayin..because his character seems to be similar with Hu Ge's characters : loud, naughty, bright . Or perhaps that's the standard character of CP's male lead, hehehe
    I don't think their characters are related, but they do share that happy and carefree personality. I think it's a common trait for main characters in these ancient series in general. Maybe because it's more relatable. But honestly I'm liking Elvis character more here, since he come off as less rude. Hu Ge's characters were a bit too silly and over the top. :P

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    I don't think their characters are related, but they do share that happy and carefree personality. I think it's a common trait for main characters in these ancient series in general. Maybe because it's more relatable. But honestly I'm liking Elvis character more here, since he come off as less rude. Hu Ge's characters were a bit too silly and over the top. :P
    I think so too, hehehe. And I also feel like Elvis's character is more subtle than Hu Ge's, plus I like Gulli Nazha more here. Then again, it's still the first 2 episodes so we shall see). But I miss Wallace Huo's character who could make me laugh without changing his facial expressions

Anyway, one thing that I hate about watching a wuxia/xanxia is waiting for the hero to begin his adventures . I'm glad that the background story/prologue was not that long.

UPDATE:

Even better now, they have officially put up the Uncut version of the episodes.

EP 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcautcexs70

EP 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jdylbUNQ8

The rest of the episodes will be in the channel as it comes in.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 05-24-16 at 06:00 AM.

The guy who plays Elvis' dad looks really familiar but I can't remember where I have seen him before but I know I had watched him recently. But the story is pretty fast-paced.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    The guy who plays Elvis' dad looks really familiar but I can't remember where I have seen him before but I know I had watched him recently. But the story is pretty fast-paced.
    Anyway, can I ask if it is acceptable in the orthodox clans for seven dudes to gang up on one? Because often you hear in ancient series that it is unheroic to win a fight by numbers.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Anyway, can I ask if it is acceptable in the orthodox clans for seven dudes to gang up on one? Because often you hear in ancient series that it is unheroic to win a fight by numbers.
    I dont understand what they were saying because there were no eng subs, but isnt it okay for good heroes to gang up on big bad mighty evil dude? I saw things like that in other series. In XAJH (the original one), 4 martial art experts (including LHC) ganged up on DFBB, because he was too powerful. In ROCH, YG and his young friends ganged up on LMC. Perhaps it's okay if the difference of skill is high and the enemy is considered as a very evil one(??). Elvis's dad seemed to be very strong

UPDATE:

Even better now, they have officially put up the Uncut version of the episodes.

EP 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcautcexs70

EP 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jdylbUNQ8

The rest of the episodes will be in the channel as it comes in.
    Thx for the links!

In ancient series almost everything they say they go against. lol It's hypocritical. That's why the song XAJH was written, to mock those unrealistic principles. But as luna_lucid said, if it's to take down a powerful big bad, it's anything goes.

I really hope Joe Cheng likes Gina's character more... I am not satisfy with the casts... That other girl looks too childish and seem to fit minor roles like Yang Mi's little beast with her all the time and for example, in the Journey of Flower, Little Bone's (Hua Qian Gu) caterpillar... lol is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    I really hope Joe Cheng likes Gina's character more... I am not satisfy with the casts... That other girl looks too childish and seem to fit minor roles like Yang Mi's little beast with her all the time and for example, in the Journey of Flower, Little Bone's (Hua Qian Gu) caterpillar... lol is it just me?
    lol Yes the other girl come off as a kid, because she looks very young. But so far I think her character is not bad. Beside, Gina will be playing two different character and she gets two guys, one of them is Joe, so it's fine.

Also, Joe's character is interesting so far. After seeing ep 3 and 4, I'm liking the direction of the series. They're taking their time with the pacing, and despite it oddly having very little action, I'm enjoying it. Elvis is hilarious! This has got to be his funniest role so far. The bulldog chase scene is fun. The CGI bulldog is cute too. Elvis trying to fit into a dog hole was so ridiculous.

What I'm surprise by even more is unlike previous Chinese Paladin, this one feels more grounded, and more like classic Wuxia than Xianxia. Sure there's magic here and there, but the plot feels so Wuxia.

Oh, and that evil snake girl is awesome! I hope this get sub, so everyone can watch it.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 05-24-16 at 08:28 PM.

lol Yes the other girl come off as a kid, because she looks very young. But so far I think her character is not bad. Beside, Gina will be playing two different character and she gets two guys, one of them is Joe, so it's fine.

Also, Joe's character is interesting so far. After seeing ep 3 and 4, I'm liking the direction of the series. They're taking their time with the pacing, and despite it oddly having very little action, I'm enjoying it. Elvis is hilarious! This has got to be his funniest role so far. The bulldog chase scene is fun. The CGI bulldog is cute too. Elvis trying to fit into a dog hole was so ridiculous.

What I'm surprise by even more is unlike previous Chinese Paladin, this one feels more grounded, and more like classic Wuxia than Xianxia. Sure there's magic here and there, but the plot feels so Wuxia.

Oh, and that evil snake girl is awesome! I hope this get sub, so everyone can watch it.
    The other girl does look like a kid. Plus, she's wearing shorter skirt, so she looked like a school girl. I still like her though, since her character seemed to be more mature than her looks. So far, all of the main leads are still likeable to me. Even Gulli Nazha, whom I dont like in other series. Perhaps her character here is better and more suitable to her. And, Elvis's dad looked cool and..well..looked like a bad guy . I wonder what will happen if he escapes.

I also like the plot so far, from guessing . I sometimes dont like some jokes in xianxia and the CGI monsters, but perhaps it's because the acting of the actors were not over the top, so they felt better.

Yeah, I hope it gets eng subs soon

Yeah, I hope it gets eng subs soon
    I just had confirmation that it will begin. Will keep you posted.

I just had confirmation that it will begin. Will keep you posted.
    Wiw, that was quick
    Thanks for the good news

Hey, someone told me that the young girl in the short skirt might be a descendent of Li Xiao Yao and Zhao Linger since she had a snake's tail in the trailer. Is this true? Are CP1 and CP5 related?

I think when she's fighting the woman in the forest with the snake, she said her grandmother fought some monster and then the evil woman said, "ah you're Zhao Ling Er's granddaughter".

So yea, she's Nu'wa's descendent too and CP1's li xiao yao and zhao linger's granddaughter

Hey, someone told me that the young girl in the short skirt might be a descendent of Li Xiao Yao and Zhao Linger since she had a snake's tail in the trailer. Is this true? Are CP1 and CP5 related?
    They're all connected. As I recall CP3 was a prequel to CP1. Tang Yan and Wallace characters had a baby, who was the ancestor to Linger in CP1. At the end of CP1, Linger and Xiao Yao had a baby as well, who is the ancestor to this new snake girl. They're all Nu Wa's bloodline. In that, all the CP share the same universe. Xiao Yao did magically travel back in time to help Jingtian in CP3, who was probably his ancestor. Both played by Hu Ge of course.

Also update,

Here's a playlist for the uncut episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iOdhmo6v8zHl1b
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 05-26-16 at 09:40 PM.

Is Long You and Long Kui related then?
    Cyril Connolly

How about the clan/temple that attacked Elvis's Dad? (The one with students riding swords). Is that the same clan with wallace huo's char in CP 3?

Thx

Here's a nice characters chart showing the connection.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjfV2YuUUAAvKAT.jpg')

How about the clan/temple that attacked Elvis's Dad? (The one with students riding swords). Is that the same clan with wallace huo's char in CP 3?

Thx
    I believe so.

Is Long You and Long Kui related then?
    Sorry, you're gonna have to refresh my memories. If you're referring to Long You the blue hair (CP5), and Long Kui (CP3) I don't think they're related. Seeing that Long Kui whole family basically perish during the warring era. At least that's what I remember anyway.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 05-27-16 at 05:01 PM.