Thread: Should there be a thread that collects info relating to well-read authors?

Post Should there be a thread that collects info relating to well-read authors?

Does anyone think that there should be a thread that collects (links for translations, summaries, review, etc.) for well-read authors like jin yong and gu long? I know that I personally have had trouble finding certain translations and summaries. There are 'Completed Translations' and 'In-Progress Translations' compilations that have sections for the two authors above but I don't know how accurate or up-to-date they are. Also, there aren't any summaries or synopses or intros for them. I am more picky than most about these things but I dislike having to read halfway through a series only to find out I don't like it. Is there anyone else who feels this way?

The threads you are talking about ARE the threads you pretty much want. It's just that you would have to find someone willing to do all the work. All that information exists in some thread or another like in the original thread years ago when the novels were first translated, so you could give it a try and start the ball rolling if you want.

And honestly googling the novel name in english or chinese looking for english sites will give you more than enough information for you to decide whether you want to read it. Nobody can guarantee you like a book.
    Last edited by tape; 10-21-15 at 12:47 AM.

Something OT: Actually it will be nice if you can have some real experts to answer questions on this forum. e.g. at one time, Dr Han Solo was nice to answer medical queries from many of us. It will be great if there is a thread like:
    1. Medical queries (with a link to) Ask Han Solo
    2. HSDS ask who-and-who
    3. LOCH ask who-and-who