Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Chusen 《诛仙青云志》 - Li Yi Feng, Zhao Li Ying, Yang Zi

EDITED: This song really stood out to me in episode 14, and describes their feelings for each other (more for BY) as their relationship becomes more than acquaintances

Enjoy!

Last edited by moon-dust; 08-21-16 at 05:31 PM.

When I first saw Tina Tang in Female Prime Minister I didn't like the role that she played as. To my surprise though she was much more likeable in Legend of Chusen. I think Ling'er's feelings for XF is similar to real life where a girl thinks a guy is likeable but doesn't have a love thing for the dude. And thus the term "I like you but only as a friend" came to be lol.

And I really like XF's character in here but I don't think I'd actually date a guy like XF in real life. I don't really like a guy who's quiet because then I have to do all the talking. With that being said I'm looking forward to how romantic XF is going to get when he's always so passive around people.

BTW does anyone know what the meaning of the song is from moon-dust's shared video. I want to know the lyrics and feel the emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    Hey Luna_lucid! Oh it's great to know that the real storyline actually moves faster! I'm glad about your understanding bc we all have very different tastes. For pitiful Chinese-illiterate like me, I never get the pleasure to know about original things although I do want to read. I always hear that every series never follow the original thing, but those changes are more interesting to people like me. When somebody tells me that the story was supposed to be this or that way, it made me wonder, hey...how would it really be like if the story was really that way? How did things turned out the exact opposite on that side? Pretty much like how every time there are series remakes like Condor Heroes, it's quite fun and interesting to go look for what changes. For this case I guess it disappointed many readers for dragging things then.
    I dont mind changes if it can make a story better. For example, one of the changes that I like was when they changed Chen Jia Luo in Book and Sword 2003 (CMIIW regarding the year's number), because based on what people said, his character was pretty boring in the series and the love story was 'meh'. I also didn't mind the changes in the ending of Ode to Gallantry, because, man .. the book ending was annoying. I also like the changes in old Jin Yong serials, because they added interactions between the characters and made them more alive and interesting, but at the same time, they maintained to be on the right track and didn't stray too much from the main story.

Regarding Chusen, FYI, I'm Chinese illiterate *lol*. I've only read the English translation on the internet until half of the book, then got information everywhere about the last half. That's why I knew much about the real story now, because it was still on the part that I've read. And I knew that other book fans were annoyed too, because we should have reached that exciting part in episode 12. Yes, that part was full of adventures and a life-death situation between our main leads, while the love triangle was blooming . Just want to write more here (don't read it because you'll know what happen around epi 16-20, IF it was adapted to screen. Dunno whether the series will follow this, though) :

click to show/hide spoilers

You could imagine our XF was bloody and battered because the villains were aiming at him in the dark, because they knew that he was the weakest in the group. Then again, he still fought hard impressively and didn't look disappointing at all. If the villain in the series were introduced one by one, the book showed that all appearing suddenly here at once with each unique skills. Then he and XQ were separated from their friends, also fighting mystical creaturers and beasts, both being badly injured, and while they were struggling in the dark, Biyao came with his men and surrounded them. Another adventure waited for them after that, and I think that those events were intense and exciting and cool at the same time.

What I really need was just...I just need to see a bit more conflicts and arguments from important characters, got enough from the shifus though, not asking from them anymore, sadly they didn't even develop despite having many conflicts...or if they can actually make me like them I wouldn't mind continuing watching them but they haven't really proved themselves to be enjoyable to me. It's important that characters have conflicts and arguments so we see their true selves, how they handle unexpected things, what they realize about themselves, how conflicts challenge their feelings, and how they will change and what they will learn. Everybody makes mistakes and I don't expect all the characters to be so error-free in their life, that's where boringness kicks in. It's just those small things...but most characters now are still strangers, I see a bit of each person's style but not in depth to the point of liking or being comfortable with them yet.
    That is what happen in the book. I dunno whether you've been following this thread before this or not, but we've discussed that the author's writing style wasn't actually the best. Some characters were under-developed, and there were many loose strings. That is why we need the series's writer to make necessary changes, in order to show everything smoothly in a drama format, instead of making unnecessary conflicts. I think the first 10 episodes have made quite a good adaptation in term of characters' development, so I really hope that it should continue.

I actually love watching actress Tina Tang way much more than ZLY, and she does get good amount of screen time but I wasn't even too convinced that LYF looks like he's in love with her, also her fast relationship with the other guy, it feels that she's just doing what the storyline says and I feel bad to be criticizing them harshly, but a few things rushed while a few things dragged. Could be that the sudden changes of the storyline needed more time to think about first.
    Tina Tang's character in the book was not that childish and ignorant. She was quite strong despite being spoilt, the number 2 strongest and most talented girl in Qing Yun after XQ. She was also really close with XF and had helped him since they were kids, very pretty and shining, and those were the quality that made XF was in love with her. Her relationship with that guy was fast too in the book, but XF didn't accept their relationship as quickly as the drama version. Actually, it wasn't clear on how his feelings was changed, so I understand if the drama changed that. Then again, I wish to see that he still has those love toward Ling er after this, because it's gonna be too easy if the feeling was gone just like that.

Yes, I also felt that Tina was only following the storyline. Too bad that she was made into childish, though

Thanks for all the explanation luna_lucid, and I do like spoilers! I didn't know there are english translations, mind telling me the link? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by moon-dust View Post
    EDITED: This song really stood out to me in episode 14, and describes their feelings for each other (more for BY) as their relationship becomes more than acquaintances

Enjoy!

I just LOVE this song!

@suetkei $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja &uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjA3cv8iNTOAhWIOiYKHY9SBvwQjRwIB w&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fsearch%2Fhandsome-squidward&psig=AFQjCNEwCN5rUD0mdBoPCAvZk4EJ5hCERg& ust=1471922474903922')

I can see some resemblance LOL. Oh my goodness!!!!Ling er Character has that Lingshan from XAJH feel, ahhhh. BY is like Zhao Min feel , and XQ has that Zhou ZhiRou feel. ANd so far I feel XF has that Zu mouantain Shek San (ekin cheng version) feel. (the best part of the series was when he became the blood demon). So I kind like all these feelings lol. I can't wait to see XF change!! WOOoooooT

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    is your page in Tumbir? I saw it. It's cool . Too bad, I don't have a Tumbir .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega Foxツ View Post
    I didn't know you have a page. I'm totally noob around here. Link please
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Tumblr

FB/Twitter if you want to say hi. Tumblr if you want pretty pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by moon-dust View Post
    This was one of my fav track from the OST. Happy when I heard it in ep 14. Hope it plays more.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I can see some resemblance LOL. Oh my goodness!!!!Ling er Character has that Lingshan from XAJH feel, ahhhh. BY is like Zhao Min feel , and XQ has that Zhou ZhiRou feel. ANd so far I feel XF has that Zu mouantain Shek San (ekin cheng version) feel. (the best part of the series was when he became the blood demon). So I kind like all these feelings lol. I can't wait to see XF change!! WOOoooooT
    Agree. These comparison are pretty spot on!
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 08-21-16 at 11:59 PM.

Is the album on Spotify?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Is the album on Spotify?
    Don't know. But here's a playlist for most of the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FPiZsU63crXoE6

Extra track:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY50NT8nhHc

Thanks for all the explanation luna_lucid, and I do like spoilers! I didn't know there are english translations, mind telling me the link? Thanks!
    I'm not sure that the drama follows the book, since based on the clips of upcoming episodes, things seemed to be different. But there's still a possibility.

Anyway, if you could read vietnamese, there's a complete translation on the internet. The english translation was not the best and it's still on going , but this is the most complete version existed . They were actually posted several pages back . BUT, fyi, the first translation was only until around chapter 70/80 and uses the name from the game (Xiao Fan = Shaw Danon, Xue Qi = Anan, Biyao = Bilu, Qing Yun=Jadeon, etc), then changed the names in the middle. The 2nd one was decent, but it was started from around chapter 80/90 . I read it long before Chusen was aired, so I wasnt bothered by that. Others may find it confusing, though, especially after watching the series using the chinese names

http://forum.arcgames.com/jadedynast...4/zhu-xian-eng

http://xiakeluojiao.blogspot.co.id/?m=1
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 08-22-16 at 02:15 AM.

Sadly I 'm a little disappointed by the show.

ZLY I've watched before and she can be very expressive, but her role here is so light-weight (irrelevant to plot and lacking in emotional resonance) that she's not very interesting. I've seen the actress of Xue Qi as well and I've found her rather lacking in emotive range ("cold" would be an expression, she's comes across to me as mostly "blank"), so I'm also not very vested in her character either. LYF and the other guys do a little better (I like the actor and character Shushu).

I'm hoping once the love lines get going it'll improve... we'll see!

Thanks for all the excitement-generation in any case.

PS I tried Old Nine Gates on a recommendation here, since a kick-*** ZLY sounds good... but even there I find her character superfluous and a little too silly for my taste. I think Nirvana in Fire has spoiled me for heavy-weight, kick-*** characters that act logically and whose actions drive the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    PS I tried Old Nine Gates on a recommendation here, since a kick-*** ZLY sounds good... but even there I find her character superfluous and a little too silly for my taste. I think Nirvana in Fire has spoiled me for heavy-weight, kick-*** characters that act logically and whose actions drive the plot.
    HAHA! Well, if you're gonna do that, most shows and characters will suck for you, friend. lol

Surely there are still many of us that watch stuff to be lightly entertained. Chusen fits the requirement for me. I don't have to think too hard to understand, plus it's not so simple (actors, characters, plot) that I feel insulted.

I hope this week's episodes move things along quickly. Now that "Chang Ge Xing" is done, I might have less tolerance overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nega Foxツ View Post
    Hey! A fellow Viet fan yep, that and some other blogs. You probably know too if you've followed ZX and the cast around )
    That ZX page is not fair. All admins are ZLY's anti, most of member too. However the news of that page is quite interesting and sufficient. I don't want to see anyone curse my beloved BY to die soon, so I'm just following BY's page

It's not her real voice. Most of her drama use another voice, except Boss and Me, Get Going.

FYI, her role in The Mystic Nine (new name of Old Nine Gates) is just cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    HAHA! Well, if you're gonna do that, most shows and characters will suck for you, friend. lol

Surely there are still many of us that watch stuff to be lightly entertained. Chusen fits the requirement for me. I don't have to think too hard to understand, plus it's not so simple (actors, characters, plot) that I feel insulted.

I hope this week's episodes move things along quickly. Now that "Chang Ge Xing" is done, I might have less tolerance overall.
    I'm accused of being spoilt by NIF?!

Guilty as charged!

I think Biyao has potential (I've always been a Zhaomin-archetype fan- i.e., intense, with a touch of wicked) and I think ZLY quite beautiful, but the writers are going to have to give her something real to do, and more feelings to express than her current two or three tone repertoire.

Guilty as charged!

I think Biyao has potential (I've always been a Zhaomin-archetype fan- i.e., intense, with a touch of wicked) and I think ZLY quite beautiful, but the writers are going to have to give her something real to do, and more feelings to express than her current two or three tone repertoire.
    Perhaps it's because writer had to come up with additional stories and changed some parts, while there wasnt that much source material. In the novel, I remember that she once appeared in a 'grand' way, with an aura just like Zhao Min when she appeared as the 'evil' Mongolian Princess in front of ZWJ / the heroes. But, I didn't (haven't ?) seen it in the drama, coz the drama showed her almost always helping XF. She had more evil 'aura' in the novel, and that made her chemistry with XF just like ZM-ZWJ.
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 08-22-16 at 04:15 PM. Reason: grammar and typos as usual

Guilty as charged!

LOl it's hard to compared with NIF, I hope the sequal is going to be as good! As for now you probably have to drop your standard a little hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Perhaps it's because writer had to come up with additional stories and changed some parts, while there wasnt that much source material. In the novel, I remember that she once appeared in a 'grand' way, with an aura just like Zhao Min when she appeared as the 'evil' Mongolian Princess in front of ZWJ / the heroes. But, I didn't (haven't ?) seen it in the drama, coz the drama showed her almost always helping XF. She had more evil 'aura' in the novel, and that made her chemistry with XF just like ZM-ZWJ.
    I always felt that Zhao Min and Huang Rong have similar traits and feel and a merg of BY is in there, where as ZhiRou and Xaio Long Nu have a similar feel with XQ.

I haven't seen BY convey any of the hyper intelligence of Huang Rong or Zhao Min though, so I guess people are calling attention to her grey area affiliation and temperament, when compared to the black and white Zhu Xian people.

The only people who really stand out intelligence wise are Shu Shu and his dad (morally too).

On another note, I dislike XQ's accusations towards BY (ep 15)...but BY herself is frustrating to talk to lol. Can't win with these too. If I had it my way, I'd ship Shu Shu and XF.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 08-22-16 at 10:26 PM.
    I like me.