Page 54 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2986

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Just finished ep 14. Love the short fight between OYK n MNC. I can't detect slow-mo there (perhaps there was, but very little). And i love MNC's fuschia sabre scabbard.

Does MNC use a sabre or a sword? I like it that she uses a sabre here, seems tougher than if she's using a sword, despite it having a pink hilt and scabbard.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/Z67kUfP.jpg')

HR does seem to be heavily reliant on stuntman body double for almost all the gravity defying scenes , I can spot her "face" suddenly morph into a brown mannequin-like figure with a wig.

Finished ep 15-16. Warming up to MCF despite her heavy make up for a blind woman living in the wild.

I love Michael's HYS so far, but the scenes are so few to make a thorough judgement. I'm disappointed that he had no action scenes at all... what a waste of the first scene without the HYS actions. Still sorely disappointed at Michael being dubbed... but i love the short father-daughter moments with HR.

I still prefer HR running away from the island (jumping into the lake like in the novel, perhaps?), refusing to go with Daddy to Peach Blossom Island, but I'll live with her flying (palm/face) away with Daddy Heretic for now.

Oh, and totally love the short scene of OYK in ep 15! I know he's supposed to be despicable, and his actions by nature is immoral, but this OYK is very interesting that I actually like his appearances.

I question

click to show/hide spoilers
    the unexpected appearance of HYS in rescuing MCF from Seven Freaks, to me it reduces the effect of his arrival in front of everyone.

Too much nei-gong show for HYS. Michael can do kungfu, somersault etc, so i was expecting more when he examined whether Lu Guanying had the Taohua kungfu or not.

Having said that, I'm actually waiting for the Taohua Island episode, for it will bring me HYS, OYK, and also the Old Imp Zhou Botong that I have been anticipating... plus, I like the rivalry between GJ and OYK, so i think it will be an interesting chapter...

Unless they go with the vibration effects again for HYS's neigong...

Quote Originally Posted by Quietchaos View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that they missed cast the main lead in this version. The main character suppose to be some one who grew up in a harsh mongol nomad life or similar harsh environment. He should be a solid strong well built character, but they chose a skinny soft actor that looks like he'd grown up as a prince in a royal palace instead?. When are they gonna learn to make thing right and do justice to this beautiful timeless novel?. Looks like we can expect to see another version in a few years after this one. This novel had been remake to death and they still can't get it right, go figure.
    The main thing for Guo Jing is slow-witted and strict, but everything else he is very good in, very good person, honest, and have a lot of justice and morals.

The main thing for Huang Rong is beautiful, lovely/adorable, talented, very intelligent, good mostly but jealous and little cunning (even in a bad way)

So I am fine with the leads in this, as they can show these personalities/characteristics to me so I don't need anything else to be exact.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-24-17 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/Z67kUfP.jpg')
    LOL so CUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    For anyone still needing. I'm here for you.

EP 09
    EP 10
    EP 11
    EP 12
    EP 13
    EP 14

(For those behind)

EP 01
    EP 02
    EP 03
    EP 04
    EP 05
    EP 06
    EP 07
    EP 08

Sending out invitations for sub tonight.
    Many, many thanks Wuxiarocks! You rock! (pun intended LOL)

Finished 16. SO GOOD!!! William Yang played Guo Jing very well.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-24-17 at 12:48 PM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Just watched ep16. Michael's HYS really emphasises the dangerousness of the character. You really feel he could turn violent at any moment.

Some good chemistry between Michael and the actress playing HR, they know exactly how to push each other's buttons just like real father and daughter.
    Last edited by Mandred Skavenslayer; 01-24-17 at 04:30 PM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Finished ep 15-16. Warming up to MCF despite her heavy make up for a blind woman living in the wild.

I love Michael's HYS so far, but the scenes are so few to make a thorough judgement. I'm disappointed that he had no action scenes at all... what a waste of the first scene without the HYS actions. Still sorely disappointed at Michael being dubbed... but i love the short father-daughter moments with HR.

I still prefer HR running away from the island (jumping into the lake like in the novel, perhaps?), refusing to go with Daddy to Peach Blossom Island, but I'll live with her flying (palm/face) away with Daddy Heretic for now.

Oh, and totally love the short scene of OYK in ep 15! I know he's supposed to be despicable, and his actions by nature is immoral, but this OYK is very interesting that I actually like his appearances.

I question

click to show/hide spoilers
    the unexpected appearance of HYS in rescuing MCF from Seven Freaks, to me it reduces the effect of his arrival in front of everyone.

Too much nei-gong show for HYS. Michael can do kungfu, somersault etc, so i was expecting more when he examined whether Lu Guanying had the Taohua kungfu or not.

Having said that, I'm actually waiting for the Taohua Island episode, for it will bring me HYS, OYK, and also the Old Imp Zhou Botong that I have been anticipating... plus, I like the rivalry between GJ and OYK, so i think it will be an interesting chapter...

Unless they go with the vibration effects again for HYS's neigong...
    I know what you mean, but Michael is pushing 60 so I'll give him a pass. Besides I really enjoyed the introduction of HYS when he out charmed OYK at snake charming. Talk about 'Preaching to Confucius".

EP 15
    EP 16

And that'll be for the week.

Thanks a lot, Wuxiarocks! Will download asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    I know what you mean, but Michael is pushing 60 so I'll give him a pass. Besides I really enjoyed the introduction of HYS when he out charmed OYK at snake charming. Talk about 'Preaching to Confucius".
    I guess you're right. I miss watching him doing wuxia series, hence i forgot his age. But he also did some self defence and attacking moves in Line Walker, hence I was hoping he'd do more kungfu here. Perhaps when HYS vs Quanzhen scene comes, I'll get what i am waiting for.

And yes, the flute battle between HYS and OYK was cool. I like it that OYK kidnapped MNC; now we'll see YK finds MNC in a coffin like in the novel, I suppose.

I also like it that HYS threw a piece of paper towards Master Lu and the paper didn't flutter due to his neigong. And when HYS attempted to strike GJ, and also when HYS threw away Lu Guanying with his neigong, Michael had a good stance, hence I expect his fight scene with Quanzhen to be good, particularly now that I've seen how Ma Yu, Wang Chuyi and Qiu Chuji fought to defend YTX and BXR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Just watched ep16. Michael's HYS really emphasises the dangerousness of the character. You really feel he could turn violent at any moment.

Some good chemistry between Michael and the actress playing HR, they know exactly how to push each other's buttons just like real father and daughter.
    I laughed when HR broke some roof tiles to counteract HYS's pebble action when he was assisting MCF attacking GJ. That was hilarious actually.

Series now #2 ranking, but General and I is still #1

thank you, Don Yu! Screen cap please? What weibo address should I visit to monitor it?

I'm happy with rank #2... it's only week 3, and it's rank 2. That's very good for me.

Finished Ep 9 and 10. Long way to go.

Anyone can help to answer this question. Maybe I miss this part, ie, after escaping from Prince Wan's mansion - why did HR and GJ split up?

Don Yu, thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Finished Ep 9 and 10. Long way to go.

Anyone can help to answer this question. Maybe I miss this part, ie, after escaping from Prince Wan's mansion - why did HR and GJ split up?
    I think (cos I don't speak Mandarin), HR gave GJ and 7 Freaks time to flee OYK et al. Then GJ was dragged back by his teachers cos Qiu Chuji made a promise to betroth GJ with MNC after YTX-BXR passed away.

That reminds me something. I like the 1983 ver that it included Barbara Yung's Wong Yung in the scene where YTX-BXR died. I understand that in the novel (CMIIW) HR was not in the scene when YTX-BXR died, but somehow i wanted HR to witness the sad scene...

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:05 AM.