Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    secondly, the one who went inside hole/dungeon to check were Wuji and ZM , not ZZR
    Thanks for correcting my mistake, a_t.

I wonder how this part will be covered on the "clothing".
    However, the real reason was Xiaozhao pining for Zhang Wuji, and wanted to get in touch with him. She sent the Holy Flame Tablets along with the clothings she made for him as a gesture of her affection. These clothings were made while she was staying in an inn when Zhang Wuji rescued the people trapped in the pagoda.

Is XZ going to carry zwj's clothing along everytime? Or she sent someone back to mainland to retrieve her belongings?

in wuxia, especially drama, there is a strange behavior, people in jianghu , dont bring many items for their journey, but when needed, suddenly the item just show up from nowhere.
    feel right Doraemon anime in japan.

XZ should be carry the unfinished clothes all along

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    XZ should be carry the unfinished clothes all along
    haha. Let's see if this happened for this series.
    Also, let's see how Yin-er go back to mainland. (The logical reason is another ZM's ship came along looking for the first ship since the latter did not go back to the original port)

Speaking of XZ, I think I would like her the best of the four ladies if Jin Yong made her martial art skills very good. Because she's really smart, a fast learner and has great memory. Her character would be more interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Speaking of XZ, I think I would like her the best of the four ladies if Jin Yong made her martial art skills very good. Because she's really smart, a fast learner and has great memory. Her character would be more interesting too.
    ....But that basically describes ZM. Why would Jin Yong have 2 exactly same character as a love interest?

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour View Post
    ....But that basically describes ZM. Why would Jin Yong have 2 exactly same character as a love interest?
    OT: Love-wise, I think XZ and ZM are about the same as
    XZ noted that she has no wish to be Persian leader whatever, she just wished to remain besides zwj.
    ZM noted that she is willing to follow zwj wherever he goes.

Such support is what a indecisive person like zwj requires in life.

Anyone know this? We all know that ZM cannot cook, how's about XZ, ZZR and Yin-er?

Compared to HR (who can cook) and RYY (who can play musical instruments), what talents do these four ladies in HSDS have?
    ZM?
    XZ? can sew
    ZZR?
    Yin-er?

ZM? she is the most literature , at green liu villa, wuji saw her painting or calligraphy on the wall
    ZZR ... most understanding of buddishm, lolz
    Yin Li.... because she learnt a poison martial art, so maybe she understood poison knowledge the most among 4

Good talents, a_t.
    I think with the exception of ZM, the others should be able to cook a bit. XZ is a servant/maid; ZZR is a Emei disciple (need to take turns to cook) and Yin-er (cook for GHPP).

I'd divide the talents into the classic qin, qi, shu, hua (zither, chess, literature, painting) and then I'd add martial arts, IQ and EQ. I'll leave technical ones like medical skills, poison, cooking etc. out for now since they're specialty skills.

ZM, qin (she plays at Liu) and Shu (calligraphy and literature at least), martial arts better than decent, but IQ and EQ are her strengths (strategic thinking, understanding why WJ acts the way he does and is self-aware of what she wants.) As a princess I imagine she also had basics of qi and hua, but not proven. If being glib/articulate was a skill I'd say ZM has it- she has great comeback lines to WJ and others!

ZZR, not sure what Ermei would teach on qin, qi, shu or hua but she's not shown to quote any literature in my memory. However she's reasonably high on IQ and of course the best at Martial arts (9-yin). Although EQ-wise somewhat challenged (her shifu drives her semi-crazed)

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    I'd divide the talents into the classic qin, qi, shu, hua (zither, chess, literature, painting) and then I'd add martial arts, IQ and EQ. I'll leave technical ones like medical skills, poison, cooking etc. out for now since they're specialty skills.

ZM, qin (she plays at Liu) and Shu (calligraphy and literature at least), martial arts better than decent, but IQ and EQ are her strengths (strategic thinking, understanding why WJ acts the way he does and is self-aware of what she wants.) As a princess I imagine she also had basics of qi and hua, but not proven. If being glib/articulate was a skill I'd say ZM has it- she has great comeback lines to WJ and others!

ZZR, not sure what Ermei would teach on qin, qi, shu or hua but she's not shown to quote any literature in my memory. However she's reasonably high on IQ and of course the best at Martial arts (9-yin). Although EQ-wise somewhat challenged (her shifu drives her semi-crazed)
    You left out XZ. She showed great scholarly/tactical skill when she commanded the five flag troops. She discovered and memorised 乾坤大挪移 along with ZWJ. She displayed an ability to think quickly on her feet and best of all she can cook.

Hmm, Manfred, is there any can proof which show that xz can cook?

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hmm, Manfred, is there any can proof which show that xz can cook?
    Can't think of any examples off the top of my head. However, XZ was quite accomplished in other domestic skills so it is likely she could cook. Also JY said she was his favourite female character and as a man I know that the best way too our hearts is through our stomachs.

Just listened to the 1994 song. The tempo is quite nice. Also, you can see Kathy Chow as ZZR.

Among all the characters, possibly the one with the biggest change in character is zzr. What account for this? Her promise to her teacher, the jealousy of ZM ...? Does the death of her father play a part? Hatred towards Mongolians? Or it is in her nature?

The 1994 HSDS has a part which possibly shows that ZM and ZZR hated each other to the core. ZM slapped ZZR and in turn ZZR spit at her.

Reading more as Kathy Chow as ZZR. Interestingly, their Chinese surnames are the same. It is noted that she performed so well that she got a gift from Jin Yong after the soap opera had broadcast: the novel of 「The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 」 with Jin Yong’s autograph. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Chow. Also, she is an ethnic Manchu.

Interestingly, the coming ZZR Zhu Xudan was born in Heilongjiang. Could her ancestors be Manchus too?

dont know much about chinese history, but in the deer and the cauldron novel, in Heilongjiang region, there was one mount called The Mount of The Deer (yes, also the place where the treasure was buried) , that region was controlled by russian (or luocha tribe, i dont know why manchu /qing called russian, "Luocha"). this was also the place where wxb met sophia for the first time.
    does that mean half-north heilongjiang was under russian, and another half was under qing?

It is noted in Wikipedia that
    "At the beginning of communist rule, Heilongjiang included only the western portion of the present-day province, and had its capital at Qiqihar. The remaining area was the province of Songjiang; its capital was Harbin. In 1954, these two provinces were merged into present-day Heilongjiang. During the Cultural Revolution, Heilongjiang was also expanded to include Hulunbuir League and some other areas previously in Inner Mongolia; this has since mostly been reversed."