Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Haha, of course someone's gonna make the kiss come true. That clip is genius.

98% of the comments on Facebook fanpage for this trailer is, "WTF just kiss already!" The other 1% is, "Why don't you use yitian sword? Much faster". Another 1% is "come come let us help with the shipping".

They said this scene is kinda like a metaphor. That ZM is the only one in the two who is pushing the ZWJ-ZM ship.
    Hahaha... I'm with the 98% of the FB fans. (Is that the Kaypang/Indonesian site or a Viet site?) The c-fans are mostly up in arms about whether or not ZM is OOC, and yes totally also agreed that at this point ZM is way more into ZWJ than the other way around, but that that is entirely in line with Jinyong's original work. Tons of comparison going on between the various versions of the drama and the original work- a lot of really loyal JY book fans exist as well!

But I definitely like my ZWJ in love and my ZM strong

(And both cute! Hahaha on the Bat King and ZD's predicament if ZM ever got in charge of them! )

It's a good news that this version has revived the die-hard loyal JY fan community.

I rmb JY said somewhere in an interview that HSDS is a marriage of LOCH and ROCH. LOCH focuses on love for the country and martial moral values, and the love story is pretty simple & straightforward (just minor misunderstandings and quarrels, mostly). ROCH is totally a love story that rises above societal restrictions, both the main characters dont really care that much about what's happening with Mongol-Han conflicts. HSDS has elements of bove - the love story is set in the context of dynasty change and racial conflicts, so main character has to walk that balance btw family/country and personal love.

I guess the earlier works set the foundation for JY to write more nuanced conflicts into HSDS. That's why it is set so far apart from the other 2 in timeline, right to the end of the Yuan dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hahaha... I'm with the 98% of the FB fans. (Is that the Kaypang/Indonesian site or a Viet site?) At this point ZM is way more into ZWJ than the other way around, but that that is entirely in line with Jinyong's original work.
    Long ago I couldnt really understand why ZM fell so hard for ZWJ. Compared to her father and brother, ZWJ is just so... ordinary. Not as ambitious, not as charismatic, not as decisive.

Now, being a little older, I have my judgment. But thought I'd throw out the question for discussion first (will contribute my opinions later when I have time). Does ZWJ have any qualities that set him apart from others?

Long ago I couldnt really understand why ZM fell so hard for ZWJ. Compared to her father and brother, ZWJ is just so... ordinary. Not as ambitious, not as charismatic, not as decisive.

Now, being a little older, I have my judgment. But thought I'd throw out the question for discussion first (will contribute my opinions later when I have time). Does ZWJ have any qualities that set him apart from others?
    Hahhaa.. maybe in the book it's hard to understand (agreed!) but in the drama, when you have Tony Leung or Joseph acting as ZWJ for me the answer is obvious- soooo sweet, soooo cute, soooo cool, soooo vulnerable-but-amazing! What's not to love?!

[Sorry, yes, cough... not that I'm obsessed with HSDS or anything like that... oh no... I'm NOT in denial! 12-steps HSDS Anonymous? Is that really a thing??! And... is it still 30 hours 25 minutes and 12 seconds away??]

https://youtu.be/Ht3os97QYvU

Was this versions as epic as 2000 versions when they thought 9 yin vs 9 yang?
    Last edited by Mido-Ban; 03-26-19 at 12:37 AM.

Hi, everyone. I've opened the community contributions for subbing on youtube. Feel free to help out. It's really easy since youtube has already done the timing. All you have to do is translate. It's a good way to pass the time while you wait for the next episodes. I'm looking at you, yanfeng

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PFbLXr0mTBazWy

Quote Originally Posted by vicious219 View Post
    Hi, everyone. I've opened the community contributions for subbing on youtube. Feel free to help out. It's really easy since youtube has already done the timing. All you have to do is translate. It's a good way to pass the time while you wait for the next episodes. I'm looking at you, yanfeng

Oh, how do we help vicious? I don't really read Chinese, but I have the Vietnamese sub with me and I do understand a little of spoken Chinese for verification. Just that not sure how fast can I be 😅

HAahha.. great idea.
    Hey vicious219, how do we sub, I just tried to click on theblank spots but it just highlights it without allowing me to type. Sorry slow technology adopter here!

Any thought about Joseph Zeng? I always thought he's quite convincing, given how "boring" ZWJ character is written. Heard that he really put a lot of effort into studying the material and somehow impressed the director into casting him for the role.
    I'm loving Joseph! I never watched his previous works, and when the news about his casting came out I was indifferent, thinking that this will be another idol adaptation. He wasn't that impressive at his starting scene and too boyish-pretty for my taste. I still think he's a bit too modern faced, BUT! His acting definitely gains my respect. He has expressive eyes, and despite his modern look he got his mannerism right for a wuxia period drama.

BTW, HSDS is close to 3 billion views, if you add up the numbers for each week https://cdramabase.com/category/online-ratings/

I'm quite optimistic now that it will round up to 5 billions at the end of its run. Douban score constantly increases too. I wish it will eventually reach 7, but I will be grateful if it at least passes 6 (yea, no thanks to those dang slo-mos. Nowadays people just throw Douban scores just based on the first episode!).

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    I'm loving Joseph! I never watched his previous works, and when the news about his casting came out I was indifferent, thinking that this will be another idol adaptation. He wasn't that impressive at his starting scene and too boyish-pretty for my taste. I still think he's a bit too modern faced, BUT! His acting definitely gains my respect. He has expressive eyes, and despite his modern look he got his mannerism right for a wuxia period drama.

BTW, HSDS is close to 3 billion views, if you add up the numbers for each week https://cdramabase.com/category/online-ratings/

I'm quite optimistic now that it will round up to 5 billions at the end of its run. Douban score constantly increases too. I wish it will eventually reach 7, but I will be grateful if it at least passes 6 (yea, no thanks to those dang slo-mos. Nowadays people just throw Douban scores just based on the first episode!).
    The world only have 7+bil people. wow, 3 billion?

Checked the link. It is 0.8 billion. Very impressive too.

After all the fun with ZD, YX, WYX, FY, Xuanming Elders, DMJ, it is going to be depressing, more depressing and most depressing soon. Time to bid farewell to the prettiest MJ and loyal XZ.

Thanks for this open recruitment.

Oh, how do we help vicious? I don't really read Chinese, but I have the Vietnamese sub with me and I do understand a little of spoken Chinese for verification. Just that not sure how fast can I be 😅
    HAahha.. great idea.
    Hey vicious219, how do we sub, I just tried to click on theblank spots but it just highlights it without allowing me to type. Sorry slow technology adopter here!
    I had a proposal similar to this back when LOCH 17 came out. Wrote a guide.

https://wuxiarocks.wordpress.com/201...loch-2017-sub/

I'm not sure if YT subbing still work this way, if vicious219 can assist or verify the means that'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Checked the link. It is 0.8 billion. Very impressive too.
    0.8 billion is only on Week 12. Scroll down and add up the numbers on Week 9 to 12, and you'll get a total of around 2.8 billions.

The viewership number is typical for Chinese dramas (an episode gets numerous clicks when people rewatch over and over again, whether entirely or if only for certain scenes). 5 billions is very decent, but not a standout. Last year, Story of Yanxi Palace got 18 billions views and 2018 wasn't the best year for Chinese dramas. Think Princess Agents which got almost 50 billion and 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms which got 40s billions.

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    0.8 billion is only on Week 12. Scroll down and add up the numbers on Week 9 to 12, and you'll get a total of around 2.8 billions.

The viewership number is typical for Chinese dramas (an episode gets numerous clicks when people rewatch over and over again, whether entirely or if only for certain scenes). 5 billions is very decent, but not a standout. Last year, Story of Yanxi Palace got 18 billions views and 2018 wasn't the best year for Chinese dramas. Think Princess Agents which got almost 50 billion and 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms which got 40s billions.
    Understood. It is the number of views, not the number of people. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Thanks for this open recruitment.

I had a proposal similar to this back when LOCH 17 came out. Wrote a guide.

https://wuxiarocks.wordpress.com/201...loch-2017-sub/

I'm not sure if YT subbing still work this way, if vicious219 can assist or verify the means that'll be great.
    That's exactly how you sub on YT! Thanks for the guide, wuxiarocks. I'd like to add an additional step for people who are completely new to subbing on YT if you don't mind.

Click the Settings button on the video player then go to Subtitles>Add subtitles.

Strong, handsome, and an opposing rival power of her age that challenge her constantly. It became a flirt underground and she kind thirst for the thrill for more. However, the more she learns about him and her background, there's some pity and relatability. In this version she kind of want to be a free independent loner as well. If zwj is just a regular guy, then I think it'll be different. It's the timing and first impression. I've see examples in life that people date people out of their league under different circumstance aside from gold digging. There's also bullies that are friendly to you, but are jerks to others. It's like ming cult and zwj. Everything you watch when you grow older, you start to interpret it differently. The obvious Is kids tend to be the typical shonen powerful protagonist with a lot of power over others without thinking of the responsibility and repercussions. It's kind of the same for old adaptions emphasis on martial arts with dramatic music, but now 19hsds we can feel the Mongol and good/bad wulin internal conflicts more with the blood and corpses lying around.

I'm conflicted about this series pros and cons. The acting and dubbing is decent even though they're portrayal and interpretation is different. Also, slowmo can be annoying with the awkward angle and transition along with some important scene and dialogues getting dropped. The martial art flashbacks and 5th hero death scene. Literally, no one tries to stop his slow slicing his own throat. The real scenery mixed with cg and more natural color is better than other adaptions that emphasis on video game fightings both in past and recent fantasy years. They also made bambi's zzr more of a victim and why zwj had a crush on her instead of making him falling for Zhu9zhen. It's weird that they change that aspect, but retain the lines where he yelled at her like he loved her and felt betrayed. It happened in another scene i forgot about. YangBufai stands out more in looks and screen time than XiaoZhao. His dad is good at melo dramatic scenes at being depress actor, but very scheming. The bat king is a joke at fighting when he glide like a flying squirrel above ground.

That's exactly how you sub on YT! Thanks for the guide, wuxiarocks. I'd like to add an additional step for people who are completely new to subbing on YT if you don't mind.

Click the Settings button on the video player then go to Subtitles>Add subtitles.
    Thanks, I am the rookie that needs this, but I went to settings and the choices were Account, Notifications, Playback and Performance, Privacy etc., but no Subtitles! Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, I am the rookie that needs this, but I went to settings and the choices were Account, Notifications, Playback and Performance, Privacy etc., but no Subtitles! Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong?
    No problem.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/ZofRhxk.png')

Click on the gear icon on the video player.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/hw1ZSyK.png')

Click subtitles/cc.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/Nvtl7Y3.png')

Click add subtitles/cc.

Then follow wuxiarocks' guide.