Thread: Can anybody in wulin become immune to Au Yeung Fung's most potent poisons?

Default Can anybody in wulin become immune to Au Yeung Fung's most potent poisons?

West Poison Au Yeung Fung's poisons were probably the most toxic in all of wuxia fiction. The most dramatic demonstration of his poisons' potency was Yeung Hong's death. Yeung Hong literally disintegrated from the inside out (and even the crows that fed on his remains died) within minutes after striking Wong Yung's soft body armor, which was still tainted after being stricken on that same spot by Gong Nam Freak # 4 Nam Hei Yan (who had previously been exposed to the poison). Even a Great such as North Beggar Hung 7 Gung was completely unable to access his inner power after exposure to the poison, a condition that lasted for two years and would have been permanent had Hung 7 Gung not gained access to the 9 Yum Jen Ging from Gwok Jing and Wong Yung. In DOMD, the potent acid that Wai Siu Bo used to dissolve the flesh and bone of corpses was also purportedly derived from Au Yeung Fung's poisons. This was clearly potent, potent stuff.

So that being said, is there anybody in Jin Yong's wulin who could have had complete immunity to all of Au Yeung Fung's poisons? How about Deun Yu with those poison-absorbing creatures that he swallowed (which protected him against pretty much all poisons he ran into in DGSD)? How about the Janitor Monk and Hui Juk, with their massive reserves of inner power far surpassing even that of a CONDOR HERO TRILOGY Great's? How about Au Yeung Fung himself? Or was Au Yeung Fung's poison so potent that nobody, not even Au Yeung Fung himself, would have been capable of immunizing himself against all of it?

I would say XZ and DY likely. Sweeper also. Everyone else would depend on plot needs.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I don't think anyone would be entirely immune to the poison, because the strength of the poison seemed to vary by the exigencies of the plot. It would affect XZ and DY a lot less, but none of their feats suggest they would be entirely immune to toxins.

I think there are two issues here: (1) encounter the poison unexpectedly (e.g. H7G) and (2) encounter the poison expectedly. For the former, I doubt anyone can be immune to OYF's poison (as illustrated by H7G). For the latter, one has more time to re-act. And hence may not be poisoned by OYF's poison. Possibly people like DY and Shi Potian who already have some "poison" in their bodies will be safe, though I am not sure the severity of OYF's poison versus theirs.

wow... interesting

Would be interesting if Cheng Lingshu's master (the Medicine King) got his hands on some of the toxins and had time to analyse them, but even he, I believe, would have died a horrible death if he came into contact with the toxins unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    So that being said, is there anybody in Jin Yong's wulin who could have had complete immunity to all of Au Yeung Fung's poisons? How about Deun Yu with those poison-absorbing creatures that he swallowed (which protected him against pretty much all poisons he ran into in DGSD)? How about the Janitor Monk and Hui Juk, with their massive reserves of inner power far surpassing even that of a CONDOR HERO TRILOGY Great's? How about Au Yeung Fung himself? Or was Au Yeung Fung's poison so potent that nobody, not even Au Yeung Fung himself, would have been capable of immunizing himself against all of it?
    I think it would depend on the mechanism of the poison. WXB's version seemed to behave more like a strong acid/alkali that dissolves flesh - I rather doubt that anyone could develop an immunity to being liquified...

i think even Duan Yu is not totally immune to poison, wasnt he also got poisoned when stung by a poison bee and passed out?