Thread: How the Yellow Dress Maiden Yang suddenly came to the rescue in HSDS

Default How the Yellow Dress Maiden Yang suddenly came to the rescue in HSDS

You know who is the Yellow Dress Maiden Yang who suddenly came to Shaolin, and solving the Zhou ZiRou problem for Zhang Wuji.

If we talk from the perspective of a writer, this Yellow Dress Maiden is basically the ultimate Deus Ex Machina moment created by Jin Yong to rescue the situation. You can see it, an unknown character who previously no where to find suddenly come to the scene to rescue the situation. So whatever you think about it, you can't deny that it is basically a blatant deus ex machina moment that should be avoided by any writer nowadays in modern time.

Because if she's really that busy body, why she never came to rescue the situation before the last moment in the novel? You can see it. There are a lot of dangerous situation in the story. From the death of Zhang Wuji's parents, the invasion of Ming peak, the kidnapping of China's martial artists, etc. that the event actually has more weight than the fight for Xie Sun in Shaolin Temple. But she never appeared.

So why she suddenly came to Shaolin and beat Zhou ZiRou when the situation become ugly for Zhang Wuji side?

Let us take aside the real world situation of Deus Ex Machina moment. I think She became aware of Zhou Zirou when Zhou came to Peach Blossom Isle, after she got the map from both sword and saber. So, I don't know about her motive, but I think she has the responsibility for the books that Zhou were taken. Because those books were mean to the leader to beat Mongolian invaders. So when she saw that Zhou ZiRou when astray in Shaolin, she didn't has any reason to not intervene. As it is the Peach Blossom Island responsibility for giving Zhou the books.

What do you think about that?

If I'm right about it, then Peach Blossom island still exist in Heaven Sword & Dragon Saber series. I don't know who live on it, but Guo Jing and Huang Rong legacy still not dead even after the end of the trilogy. They just hiding, because something that we don't know.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

[/QUOTE]Because if she's really that busy body, why she never came to rescue the situation before the last moment in the novel? You can see it. There are a lot of dangerous situation in the story. From the death of Zhang Wuji's parents, the invasion of Ming peak, the kidnapping of China's martial artists, etc. that the event actually has more weight than the fight for Xie Sun in Shaolin Temple. But she never appeared.[/QUOTE]

As she was about the same age as ZWJ, she would have been a child herself when his parents died.
    She had no connection to the Ming Cult or the 6 Big Schools, nor did she have any interest in politics so she had no need to get involved. In fact she only got involved when Shi Huolong cashed in an ancestral chip in sending his wife and daughter to her.

[/QUOTE]So why she suddenly came to Shaolin and beat Zhou ZiRou when the situation become ugly for Zhang Wuji side?

Let us take aside the real world situation of Deus Ex Machina moment. I think She became aware of Zhou Zirou when Zhou came to Peach Blossom Isle, after she got the map from both sword and saber. So, I don't know about her motive, but I think she has the responsibility for the books that Zhou were taken. Because those books were mean to the leader to beat Mongolian invaders. So when she saw that Zhou ZiRou when astray in Shaolin, she didn't has any reason to not intervene. As it is the Peach Blossom Island responsibility for giving Zhou the books.

What do you think about that?[/QUOTE]

There is no evidence to suggest YDM was ever in Peach Blossom Island. In fact she stated she came from the Ancient Tomb which was nowhere near Peach Blossom Island. It was only when ZZR stunned the martial arts world by using 9 yin claw did YDM become aware that ZZR had discovered Gou Jing's legacy and intervened to make sure ZZR did not bring shame to the great man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post

There is no evidence to suggest YDM was ever in Peach Blossom Island. In fact she stated she came from the Ancient Tomb which was nowhere near Peach Blossom Island. It was only when ZZR stunned the martial arts world by using 9 yin claw did YDM become aware that ZZR had discovered Gou Jing's legacy and intervened to make sure ZZR did not bring shame to the great man.
    But how can she know, when Zhou ZiRou only show her Jiu Yin Shengong in Shaolin. Unless she know that ZZR has already found the books in Peach Blossom Isle, she wouldn't know about ZZR possession of 9 Yin Manuals and another Guo Jing's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    But how can she know, when Zhou ZiRou only show her Jiu Yin Shengong in Shaolin. Unless she know that ZZR has already found the books in Peach Blossom Isle, she wouldn't know about ZZR possession of 9 Yin Manuals and another Guo Jing's legacy.
    Because there was no other way for ZZR to have learnt 9 Yin Claw, unless she had discovered GJ's legacy. But that does not mean YDM had to at Beach Blossom Island.

Forgive me, but I have to explain better about this. How can YDM knows that ZZR has learnt 9 Yin Claw, when ZZR actually only show it in the Xie Sun meeting?

Well, ok. Maybe YDM is a busy body who love to intervene many things. But if she really that kind of Busy Body, why She, or maybe her seniors didn't even care with big matter in the martial world previously? There is no trace of her or another Yang Guo's descendant prior the Shaolin event.

So, there is only one explanation about that. YDM know that ZZR possessed 9 Yin Claw prior the event, so she came to Shaolin.

I doubt that she interested with Xie Sun event, just because we can't even see any trace of the Ancient Tomb people in the previous Xie Sun's event.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    Forgive me, but I have to explain better about this. How can YDM knows that ZZR has learnt 9 Yin Claw, when ZZR actually only show it in the Xie Sun meeting?

Well, ok. Maybe YDM is a busy body who love to intervene many things. But if she really that kind of Busy Body, why She, or maybe her seniors didn't even care with big matter in the martial world previously? There is no trace of her or another Yang Guo's descendant prior the Shaolin event.

So, there is only one explanation about that. YDM know that ZZR possessed 9 Yin Claw prior the event, so she came to Shaolin.

I doubt that she interested with Xie Sun event, just because we can't even see any trace of the Ancient Tomb people in the previous Xie Sun's event.
    Why do you think she was a busy body at all? The two times she directly intervened in matters was to expose the fake Shi Huolong and at the Lion Slaying Meeting. Both times be can seen as her fulfilling her filial duties towards the Beggar's Guild. As she had a vested interest in keeping Shi Huolong's family alive she would have been keeping tabs of events at the Lion Meeting and knew about ZZR's discovery when she displayed 9 Yin Claw.

The Ancient Tomb Sect laid low after the conclusion of ROCH. Lady Yeung resurfaced only because the Beggar's Union was in dire peril and the daughter of the late Union Chief Shih For Lung appealed to her for help. My guess is that due to the closeness between Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor, the Beggar's Union and Ancient Tomb Sect had a longstanding deal to provide mutual support in times of emergency.