Page 85 of 285 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 5691

Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan (高圆圆)

Quote Originally Posted by prettyangel
    what i learned about him was that we was a very bad emperor or sumthing from my parents but didn't he have a brother that also was emperor
    Who are you referring to as "bad Emperor"? Li Shimin was perhaps one of China's greatest emperor.

He was kind and intelligent, although he had his faults.

Whatever his detriments are, he was far superior to most other rulers of China.

A lot of customs and mores were developed during his reign. It's during this time that China flourished.

this web site will give you all the history on him. http://www.travelchinaguide.com/intr...or_taizong.htm

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    LOL...No matter how you say it, you are talking about another subject that has nothing to do with GYY. Are you talking about her serie? Are you giving your opinion about GYY and in that serie? No, you not even talking about that serie, you are forming another subject that is related to chinese history. Therefore, sorry to say it is a spam.
    I find you incredulous! You spam with pictures, yet, you poke the eyes out of her?

Anyway, it's not spam or digression. It is related material.

You have to remember the serial is based on real history. Therefore, background (historical) discussion is necessary to get a better perspective on the serial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Bear
    I find you incredulous! You spam with pictures, yet, you poke the eyes out of her?

Anyway, it's not spam or digression. It is related material.

You have to remember the serial is based on real history. Therefore, background (historical) discussion is necessary to get a better perspective on the serial.
    And I find you exasperating!

Yes, i do post GYY's pic and so, after all it is GYY's fourm; all these pictures are related to GYY or GYY. So it is not a spam. And which eye did i pork out?? (come on define your figure of speech little more clearly.)

The other posts with Suger is just like how you and Crazylife123 were posting. It's more like a debate thing, subject of spam does not really matter.
    Last edited by chuy605; 12-20-05 at 04:40 PM.

Lady Zhuge: QH going on hunger strike seems pretty rebellious! I agree that her father's guarded behaviour exaggerates things, but to me, there's an irreconcilable philosophical difference between him and his daughter. QH likes to follow the paths that seem natural to her – there are so many shots of her walking down inclines. Her father is, metaphorically, obsessed with 'climbing back up' to Shanghai.

And you're right about the heels. Whatever colour they are, they just don't fit anything or anyone. I think pink = Xiao Zhen. She's always wearing pink, and QH is always wearing red. But when XZ comes back to visit QH, the colours are reversed. Wang Xiao Shuai is up to something...

Hmmm. GYY doesn't seem to develop romantic chemistry with her male co-leads, but she can do tension. I'm actually worried that us TV fans will 'lose' her to films, because she is sort of 'too good'; her measured approach doesn't sit well alongside the cartoonish buffoonery of her TV co-leads. (I won't mention names. Oh, alright then: "Alyssa Chia".)

Talking of buffoonery, I'm not sure what to make of the Jackie Chan rumours. If there's one thing more terrifying than a 'Qing Hong 2', it's got to be a 'Rush Hour 4', with GYY doing her own death-defying yet slapstick stunts.

Have anyone seen this serie before?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/chuy605/whatthe.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    Lady Zhuge: QH going on hunger strike seems pretty rebellious! I agree that her father's guarded behaviour exaggerates things, but to me, there's an irreconcilable philosophical difference between him and his daughter. QH likes to follow the paths that seem natural to her – there are so many shots of her walking down inclines. Her father is, metaphorically, obsessed with 'climbing back up' to Shanghai.
    To me, Qing Hong's hunger strike was more in retaliation for her father stepping out of bounds and embarrassing her. It wasn't like she was using the strike to defy her father in order to convince him to let her continue seeing Xiao Gen or as a means to force her father to let her stay in the country or to follow her own dreams. Even had the horrific life-altering event not happened, Qing Hong had still met with Xiao Gen that night just to let him know that a romance between them would be impossible because her family was returning to Shanghai. Unlike her best friend Xiao Zhen, she had no apparent intent to elope or go against her father's wishes despite the fact that they were probably not the same as her own.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    And you're right about the heels. Whatever colour they are, they just don't fit anything or anyone. I think pink = Xiao Zhen. She's always wearing pink, and QH is always wearing red. But when XZ comes back to visit QH, the colours are reversed. Wang Xiao Shuai is up to something...
    I want to watch this film again sometime since I seem to have missed many of the details the first time around. The heels and their color definitely symbolize something, but I'm not sure what. I vividly remember a close-up of the heels, one in each of Qing Hong's hands, pointed straight ahead as Xiao Gen forced Qing Hong close to him and she was about to be...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This site have a small summary of the movie.
    http://www.cinemas-online.co.uk/film...rn=&sitecode=0

Happy Holiday to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

00 went to HK and start her new movie filming yesterday,according what she said in gao00.com's chatroom at X'mas Eve.But She did't tell us the detail of her new move,including the name,director or any other things,she said these info was still in secret.Although she didn't admit the movie is Jackie Chan's new productions,she also refuse to comment this,didn't like before when some news said she accept any new production,she would said it was fake as soon as possible

oh great, so she has started working on something finally! but i've got a feeling she'll be concentrating more on movies now instead of series. But i still hope she'll be offered good serial roles as well, esp in wuxia or other ancient ones.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i wonder why is GYY's movie so secretive, at lest tell us the theme of the movie. It's just so weird.

Oh that gets me so interested in what movie it is gonna be.
    Most Favorite TVB Actress:

Tavia Yeung Yi
    &
    Minh Tuyet Fan Forever!

Cool

can someone tell me what is witten in the artical?? i am seeing all boxes and no words
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

Ah, so GYY has indeed started filming again!

The article is abt GYY filming a new Jackie Chan series called "BB Plan" in which she is female lead. The show stars other big names besides Jackie, such as Louis Koo, Xu An An and Charlene Choi. It talks about 3 criminals kidnapping a baby for ransom and is the typical Kung Fu comedy.

Jackie first met GYY at this year's Cannes Festival. He was actually very impressed with QingHong and invited the entire crew to his "The Legend" banquet and it was then he met GYY in person. He says GYY is a very unique actress, and has a fresh and pure style which HK actresses do not have.

GYY might be even more well-known, especially in HK after this show because Jackie Chan's shows are always grossly promoted since he can afford it. But i doubt the quality of the show since his shows are somewhat sterotyped and i dont exactly fancy shows of his, be it the plot or acting. But well, i sure hope GYY isnt in there just for eye candy, which is typical of female characters in Jackie Chan or other big shot movies, like Charlie Yeung in New Police Story or Huang ShengYi who appeared for less thn 5mins in Kung Fu Hustle.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/x/2005-12-29/b31bbdd6de0256e2c33033248ce38243.jpg')
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 12-29-05 at 02:23 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Wow. thanks for the news Sunnysnow, can wait until this film comes out.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Ah, so GYY has indeed started filming again!

The article is abt GYY filming a new Jackie Chan series called "BB Plan" in which she is female lead. The show stars other big names besides Jackie, such as Louis Koo, Xu An An and Charlene Choi. It talks about 3 criminals kidnapping a baby for ransom and is the typical Kung Fu comedy.

Jackie first met GYY at this year's Cannes Festival. He was actually very impressed with QingHong and invited the entire crew to his "The Legend" banquet and it was then he met GYY in person. He says GYY is a very unique actress, and has a fresh and pure style which HK actresses do not have.

GYY might be even more well-known, especially in HK after this show because Jackie Chan's shows are always grossly promoted since he can afford it. But i doubt the quality of the show since his shows are somewhat sterotyped and i dont exactly fancy shows of his, be it the plot or acting. But well, i sure hope GYY isnt in there just for eye candy, which is typical of female characters in Jackie Chan or other big shot movies, like Charlie Yeung in New Police Story or Huang ShengYi who appeared for less thn 5mins in Kung Fu Hustle.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/x/2005-12-29/b31bbdd6de0256e2c33033248ce38243.jpg')

thanks for the information..haha...from your comments does that mean that you are not going to watch it when it is release? and I totally agree with you on ShengYi who appeared less than 5mins in KungFu Hustle...she dont even need to say a word for that role...i sure hope GYY wont have to end up like that in jackie's movie...
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

Well, the female lead in "The Myth" had a somewhat prominant role >_>;

Default Qing Hong 2: The Revenge of Qing

So, the rumours are true: GYY is the new "Chan Girl". I would like to say that I can't wait, but then I would be lying. From 'Qing Hong' to this, eh?

The Sina article mentions that the genesis of 'BB Project' was the success of 'New Police Story' on the Mainland. I guess they now want to use GYY to help advertise the new film over there. (And also act in it for a few minutes, of course). The good thing is that she'll now get some international mainstream exposure, although hopefully not the sort of exposure I hear went on in Chan's last film.

I predict that the only interesting thing about 'BB Project' will be GYY. I also predict that I'll watch it and be entertained.

Anyway: it's great news to hear that GYY is back in action. Even if it's the cliched, poor-excuse-for-a-few-outrageous-stunts sort of action.