Page 283 of 285 FirstFirst ... 183233273274275276277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 5691

Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan (高圆圆)

i sooooo want to watch this. i love romantic comedies...and this one stars gyy and louis (my big crush from college...him and julian cheung)...i don't care much for daniel wu. keeping fingers cross for a louis and gyy happy ending.

edit: i found the synopsis for this movie. sounds like daniel may be the guy gyy is destined for,..their story seems more touching.
    http://aznr.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40095
    Last edited by patricia n; 03-04-11 at 01:37 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

GYY attended the recent HK Film Festival with the cast of "Don't go breaking my heart" (which received a positive response after it's screening):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-03-21/U2190P28T3D3258671F346DT20110321003749.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gb.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2011/03/21/75/195730267206089859.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-03-21/U2190P28T3D3258668F346DT20110321003734.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.dsqq.cn/upfile/Image/201103/21/1300675910517.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-03-21/U2190P28T3D3258663F346DT20110321003706.jpg')

More pics: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2011-03-20/22483258621.shtml

Really don't like the way GYY is styled for the event - ghastly make-up and granny clothes (even though it has a revealing back).
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I like the revealing back shot.

I think it was a nice pose.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Really don't like the way GYY is styled for the event - ghastly make-up and granny clothes (even though it has a revealing back).
    agreed. it doesn't flatter her at all

i dislike the style as well, but at least she can pull it off. looks like the designer wanted that dress to be sexy (considering how much legs are exposed underneath that lacy bottom)....but it doesn't do gyy justice. she can and has looked better than this.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Wrong shade of red lipstick. Since the make-up artist decided to play up her fair skin, he/she should have used a warm shade of red rather than a cool tone. I think they were trying to go for the classic fair skin and red lips pin-up look, which GYY would have rocked, had they chosen a better lip color and a different dress.

Just watched "Don't go breaking my heart" and I quite like it, more so than several of the other modern movies GYY has done. In a nutshell, it's a typical love story which girls usually fantasize about (2 perfect men falling for and wooing GYY's character) but despite it's cliched plot and events, I really like the lead characters, especially the 2 male leads.

I already knew which guy she was going to end up with and was pretty much rooting for that guy from the start of the movie but actually switched my support to the other guy towards the end of the film due to the unexpected change in his character. Plus, I felt that GYY's character actually loved him more. Anyhow, it's pretty refreshing to see GYY in a light-hearted, comedic role for a change and I thought she did a rather decent job even though serious and tragic roles are more her forte.

Wise Fool

I just watched "Don't go breaking my heart" 單身男女 a few minutes ago. I agree; it's quite a nice movie. Maybe I haven't watched HK romantic comedies for a while now, but it wasn't as cliched and cheesy as I expected. At least it wasn't one of those movies I could guess the ending from the beginning. I haven't read the synopsis before watching it, so I was kept guessing until the very end which guy she'd pick.

It's quite nice to see her feminine, soft side again. She looked so vulnerable and such a damsel-in-distress with the long hair in the beginning. GYY really excels in that. And yeah, she's really appealing in her energetic and cute character. Is that her real voice, by the way? It's quite soft and naturally cute (not the high-pitched cutesy cute type).

On a side note, this movie showcased Louis Koo, the Yang Guo from the first ROCH I watched in its entirety (I saw Andy Lau beforehand but I was too young to understand everything). And GYY whom I adore and kinda wanted to act as Xiao Long Nu. And Daniel Wu whom I have a pretty good impression of, and now that my mind turned to the Jin Yong direction, am starting to evaluate for the Yang Guo role. Just for fun guys, what do you think? GYY as XLN, Daniel Wu as Yang Guo?

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl View Post
    GYY as XLN, Daniel Wu as Yang Guo?
    dont think daniel wu is attractive, much less attractive enough to play YG lol. but hey, to each his/her own i guess.

i'd like to know which guy gyy picks....please.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i'd like to know which guy gyy picks....please.
    She picks the guy who is not your favourite actor

I've always pictured GYY as the perfect XLN. She's got the class, grace and looks gorgeous in period costume. Plus, she does cold and aloof very well. Of course she's too matured for the role now but about 5 years back when ZJZ was doing ROCH, I was rooting for her to be cast as XLN right till the end (to no avail of course).

I've always like Louis Koo's portrayal of YG (a million times better and more natural than HXM's fake and exaggerated one). I cannot picture Daniel Wu as YG though- he's too modern and western-looking imo and would probably experience difficulty portraying YG's cheekiness and clever wit naturally I guess.

Wise Fool

I've always pictured GYY as the perfect XLN. She's got the class, grace and looks gorgeous in period costume. Plus, she does cold and aloof very well. Of course she's too matured for the role now but about 5 years back when ZJZ was doing ROCH, I was rooting for her to be cast as XLN right till the end (to no avail of course).
    You should be glad that she didn't get cast. Otherwise you might actually have to pay attention to HXM as YG x_x.

I actually think Daniel Wu looks pretty decent in ancient wear (but he does look better in modern--but then again, he just looks good period), but I do agree he doesn't have the cheeky/naughty atmosphere about him.

She picks the guy who is not your favourite actor
    i figured; nevertheless, i actually don't mind so much because the guy she chooses seems like the right choice for her based on the synopsis. their storyline seems sweeter though a bit cliche (which is fine with me). thanks for helping again sunnysnow. i wish gyy was a star during tvb's peak. she would have made an awesome wuxia heroine if given the proper drama, script, and directing.

Just watched "Don't go breaking my heart" and I quite like it, more so than several of the other modern movies GYY has done. In a nutshell, it's a typical love story which girls usually fantasize about (2 perfect men falling for and wooing GYY's character) but despite it's cliched plot and events, I really like the lead characters, especially the 2 male leads.
    I also found the movie very enjoyable and a lot better than any romantic comedy I've seen in recent memory. The non-verbal flirting techniques employed by the 3 leads were very entertaining and sweet to watch. I especially enjoyed watching Louis and Daniel, both of whom I actually felt out-shined GYY, although I can't think of another actress better suited for her role.

Definitely a must-see for those who are fans of the genre or any of the particular actors.

I already knew which guy she was going to end up with and was pretty much rooting for that guy from the start of the movie but actually switched my support to the other guy towards the end of the film due to the unexpected change in his character. Plus, I felt that GYY's character actually loved him more. Anyhow, it's pretty refreshing to see GYY in a light-hearted, comedic role for a change and I thought she did a rather decent job even though serious and tragic roles are more her forte.
    [CONTAINS SPOILERS] (the spoiler tags don't work for me for some reason)
    I, too, rooted for Daniel in the beginning, but Louis played his character so well that regardless of his devilish ways, I often found my sympathy swaying towards him, especially in the very end. Like you, I also think GYY loved him more, perhaps because I saw more chemistry between the two (this is their second collaboration?). Daniel seemed a bit like a rebound to me, but from a rational standpoint, I can understand why she chose him. I did think the ending was rather anti-climatic, though. Louis' reaction was too good-natured for a man who'd just witnessed the love of his life accept another man's proposal! On that note, I actually thought Louis' method of proposal had much more sentimental value (if less flashy), because that was the exact method he'd employed when he'd first started courting her.

i figured; nevertheless, i actually don't mind so much because the guy she chooses seems like the right choice for her based on the synopsis. their storyline seems sweeter though a bit cliche (which is fine with me). thanks for helping again sunnysnow. i wish gyy was a star during tvb's peak. she would have made an awesome wuxia heroine if given the proper drama, script, and directing.
    As another Louis fan, I'd highly recommend that you see it. I think Louis is at his best in these types of roles.
    Last edited by skylee; 06-07-11 at 09:26 PM.

I finally saw the movie. Gyy really was meant to be with Daniel wu's character. And I felt so bad for dw when he landed on his frog, utter devastation. In the end, I would have felt sorry for any guy gyy did not pick. Lol at louis's final line that he was going to return to earth. No wonder lk will be doing another movie with guy. She owes it to him. Anyhow, I much prefer the way lk looked during his against the blade of honor days versus his over tanned self these days.

And gyy was an absolute delight for me to watch on screen. I so loved her look in the beginning of the series when her hair was long.

It's been ages since there's been any decent news of GYY (the last being a new movie she was working on with Louis Koo) so it's great to hear that she's cast as lead in a new mainland movie by Chen Kai Ge. She co-stars Taiwanese actor Mark Chao in this modern-day film which will begin filming in Oct. Chen has also yet to announce the names of the other important cast members.

GYY being snapped chatting happily with Chen Kai Ge & Mark Chao in Beijing recently (her hair's grown longer again & i'm loving it 'cause she looks so sweet & pretty!):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-08-22/U2190P28T3D3393008F346DT20110822092948.JPG')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-08-22/U2190P28T3D3393011F346DT20110822092958.JPG')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-08-22/U2190P28T3D3393012F346DT20110822093002.JPG')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2011-08-22/U2190P28T3D3393013F346DT20110822093011.JPG')

Credits: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2011-08-21/23453392771.shtml

Wise Fool

The guy is hot! Even though i hace no idea what he looks like with sunglasses off, i think gyy and he look great together. Gyy is so sweet looking and beautiful. Sigh. I wish she had starred in good costume series back in the days intead of crappy ones. At least i have her movies to enjoy now.

I miss GYY with long hair! Actually the only thing I've seen her in was the 2003 version of HSDS with Alec Su, and she looked so lovely...she looks cute in modern styling but beautiful in costume dramas so I also wish she did more good ancient dramas. XD

The guy is hot! Even though i hace no idea what he looks like with sunglasses off, i think gyy and he look great together. Gyy is so sweet looking and beautiful. Sigh. I wish she had starred in good costume series back in the days intead of crappy ones. At least i have her movies to enjoy now.
    Yeah I think Mark Chao will look good together with GYY too! Mainly because I think he looks manly & matured enough for her...I think GYY looks best with with such types of guys (someone who is able to match her height, class and grace) e.g. Yan Kuan, Daniel Wu, Liu Ye & most of all, her true love, Yu Xiaowei.

Wise Fool

thats the guy who was in black and white with vic chou right? zhou you ting? he looks good in sunglasses! lol