Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2592

Thread: Huang Xiao Ming

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    Yeah probably.
    Thanks. because I asked this question at ROCH thread and nobody answered me directly.

I finally have finished watching Shen Diao this Monday and these are some of my thoughts about this series.

First of all, Jiao Zhu. I have to admit that he did overacted quite a bit in here in the first half. I was quite uneasy with the way Jiao Zhu act in quite a few scenes and felt that some scenes should have been more fit for comedy series like Tang Buo Hu for example. The scenes that I couldn't bear to watch the most were: 1. Yang Guo was running back and forth screaming like crazy after Xiao Long Nu wanted to kill him and he was running away from Gu Mu. 2. When Yang Guo was running and sceaming like crazy again after just fallen down into the secret chamber underneath the stone coffin and discovered the human stone statues. 3. When Yang Guo suddenly hugging, screaming, and begging Yeh Lu Qi's father (I forgot his name) to let him and Lu Wu Shuang stay with them. 4. When Yang Guo suddenly cringe his face and sticking his tounge out like he never ever drink alcohol before and couldn't stand the taste of the hard liquor at the Hero Meeting Banquet right before Huang Rong transfer the chief position to Lu You Jiao ( I thought it was completely out of place). 5. When Yang Guo was eating the sticky rice dumplings Cheng Ying gave him like a retarded kid (those scenes when Jiao Zhu suddenly acted like a retarded person out of no where should have been perfect if they were the part where Yang Guo pretended to be a retarded to trick Lu Wu Shuang. I have to admit though that Jiao Zhu looked amazingly talented acting retarded, much more convincing than Andy Lau, and that was a new discovery for me. Unfortunately, this version cut out all the parts where Yang Guo was tricking Lu Wu Shuang where Jiao Zhu had put that skill to good use). 6. When Yang Guo was spitting out the Love Flower pedals when they turned bitter (there was nothing wrong for Yang Guo to spit them out, but it was the way Jiao Zhu over did it that created the trouble). Of course, there were other overacting scenes as well but they were not as troublesome as those mentioned above. As of his laughing, I know many people were complaining about his laughings (including Cacophony ). I too think that his laughings sounded unatural and were just in one tone. I think it might be due to his inexperience in dubbing because I noticed that the way he laugh were much more natural from what I was hearing.

Aside from those, Jiao Zhu was great when he was subdued and was even greater in the later half. His very last overacting scene was when he talking to Gong Sun Lu Er and was charming her. Everything was good after that. There were also quite a number of scenes where I think Jiao Zhu did great and like a lot. For example: 1. When Yang Guo cried his heart out when he was afraid Xiao Long Nu was going to die after got wounded by the interuption of Yu Nu Xin Jing's practice. 2. Yang Guo's sunshine happiness expression while playing the swing with Xiao Long Nu. 3. When Yang Guo was completely surprised and confused when Xiao Long Nu hugged him and got into his lap after the Zheng Zhi Bing's incidence. 4. Yang Guo's relationship with the black horse. 5. His pride infront of the Wu brothers and Guo Fu when they challenged him to a horse race. 6. The fights with Gong Sun Zi using Yu Nu Jian Fa with Xiao Long Nu. 7. The evilness and ill intent shown on Yang Guo's face when intended to kill Guo Jing in the bedroom and at the Mongolian's army tents. 8. The shifting from anger to sadness and finally cried in despair after Xiao Long Nu was fataly poisoned by the poisonous needles thrown by Guo Fu. 9. Yang Guo's looking for Xiao Long Nu in desperation and his anger at Huang Rong when he found out her disappearance at Loveless Valley. 10. The sadness expression on Yang Guo's face when he was talking about Xiao Long Nu to Guo Xiang during their first time encounter. 11. When Yang Guo was finally able to find Xiao Long Nu again at the bottom of Duan Chang Ya.

To be continue...
    Last edited by chaule; 03-30-06 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....I look forward to more of your comments..in particular, do you like this series overall? I definitely think HXM's dubbing could have caused some of the irrritating portions of his performance but I still look forward to watching this series. I hope I don't feel upset with his performance though. btw, do you gals know how the china audience took to his YG? also, were a lot of his scenes with Lu Wu Shuang cut?
    Last edited by strawberry; 03-30-06 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaule
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.bookbank.cn/20060323huangxiaoming/08.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.bookbank.cn/20060323huangxiaoming/10.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.bookbank.cn/20060323huangxiaoming/12.jpg')
    These pics looked so COOL! They look quite Westerned-style in fact and makes me think of those pics celebs usually took in New York in those classy magazines. The photography style is great.

Default Check this out.

Shoes designed by Jiao Zhu....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Moderns/Modern-DesignedShoes01.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Moderns/Modern-DesignedShoes02.jpg')

Do they look cute or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    These pics looked so COOL! They look quite Westerned-style in fact and makes me think of those pics celebs usually took in New York in those classy magazines. The photography style is great.
    Yes, in deed. This photographer has a great taste. He said he suddenly noticed they look like "Perhaps Love" style after done editing them. Jiao Zhu looked Super Cool and Super Handsome.

I think Jiao Zhu looked especially like Julian Cheung in Remembrance in this pic.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.bookbank.cn/20060323huangxiaoming/06.jpg')

Anyone else think so?
    Last edited by chaule; 04-04-06 at 02:24 PM.

Shoes designed by Jiao Zhu....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Moderns/Modern-DesignedShoes01.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Moderns/Modern-DesignedShoes02.jpg')

Do they look cute or what?
    Umm well they're cute but they're museum material. I don't think I'd be caught dead wearing something with a TAIL on it.

And by the way, why do you call him Jiao Zhu?

I beleive someone told me that in his fan base, they just give him the name Jiao Zhu, ( like leader)

my, HXM looks really nice, clean and crisp in those suits. I can't wait to see him in SHanghai Bund. I wonder who plays CHing CHing... and who plays Ding Lik.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I am just wonderining if there was a theme when he designed those shoes? why a tail?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am just wonderining if there was a theme when he designed those shoes? why a tail?
    what a quirky looking shoe! yeah, why a tail?
    hope HXM only designed it for fun, 'cause it fits for the next halloween party.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.bookbank.cn/20060323huangxiaoming/12.jpg')
    i like this one. he looks good!

wow.. those shoes look naughty some how.. hehehe
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    And by the way, why do you call him Jiao Zhu?
    I refer to HXM as Jiao Zhu because his fan club is called "Ming Jiao" which was first created in 2001/02. Ming is his name as you already know. His Taiwan fans got inspired by the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre's Ming Jiao when the show was showing in TW. They thought that since his name is Ming, so they call the fan club "Ming Jiao" and everyone who likes him as "Jiao Zhung/Jiao Tu", and he was given the tittle as "Jiao Zhu". So he is Ming Jiao Jiao Zhu.

Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    i like this one. he looks good!
    Yes, he sure does look good in that picture. Out of those 12 photos I like that one and the one where he looked like Julian Cheung the most.

Default My thoughts on Shen Diao (cont.)

There are scenes that I think weren't Jiao Zhu's fault. For example, I think it was too exagerated when Yang Guo met Xiao Long Nu again at Loveless Valley but she refused to acknowledge him, he spitted blood and fell down and refused to go as people were pulling him away. But that wasn't because Jiao Zhu was overacting or anything but it was because of the exagerated script and the director's way of filming it. Some people were complaing about Jiao Zhu's perfromance during the reunion with Xiao Long Nu at the bottom of Duan Chang Ya, I personally think he did great. I think the reason people could not get the sad touchy feeling and cry like the old version was basically because it was filmed in the romancing style and thus it delivered a whole different kind of feeling. I think people might have been biased against Jiao Zhu because of the first part of the series and thus have problem whenever he smile or laugh regardless of circumstances.

Secondly, Liu Yi Fei. Like everyone else, I also think Liu Yi Fei did great, no mistake nor fault (but I really don't like her dubbed voice, always have heavy breathing sound at the end of each sentence. Sounded like she has just ran a mile and ran out of breath, or has been seriously ill and almost die). But there were also a few exagerated scenes because of the script and the director's filming style. They tried too much to display Xiao Long Nu's beauty that made it became too unreal and it just didn't make any sense. For example: 1.The scene when Xiao Long Nu returned to the tree where Zheng Zhi Bing took advantage of her, somehow she just decided to lie straight down there. I mean, what the heck, and what does that suppose to mean? Was she trying to recall the experience and wishing it to happen again? Rediculous, what was the director thinking? 2. The scene where Xiao Long Nu was unconcious and lying straight with arms spreading out on the water's surface and float into Loveless Valley because she just tried to suicide. And then, she was lying with the same position, with her arms, her hair and her gown all spread out on the ground when Gong Sun Zhi saved her. 3.Another scene I think didn't make any sense was when Xiao Long Nu discovered what Zheng Zhi Bing did to her, she spitted blood, fell down on the floor and lying disabled there. Looking at her like that, I thought "Rediculous, it was a huge shock for her but not to that level. And why didn't Zhao Zhi Jing try to kill her? It was the perfect oportunity to do that. Zheng Zhi Bing will never think anything like that, but a person like Zhao Zhi Jing? He sure should have."

To be continue...
    Last edited by chaule; 04-05-06 at 01:09 PM.

omg. it's been a while i didn't stop by this thread and look how much it grew.
    your review for new ROCH is great, chaule. I enjoy reading your shrewd view on things. i haven't seen the series yet. i don't think it's out on dvds yet, is it? where did you watch it from?

Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    your review for new ROCH is great, chaule. I enjoy reading your shrewd view on things. i haven't seen the series yet. i don't think it's out on dvds yet, is it? where did you watch it from?
    It IS out on DVD isn't it? Some people have already recieved theirs in the mail. I've been downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I don't know much details about this one. All I know is that there was a celebration of some sort of a company and they invited many celebrities. They asked everyone attended to design shoes (for fun I guess) and that was what Jiao Zhu came up with. What do you think it looked like? I'm not sure whether it was a tiger or a cat. My guess is that it might have been a cat because his fans somtimes would call him Jia Fei Mao (Garfield). They even sent him a lot of stuffed Garfield.

Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    Yes, the DVD version is released in the US but only the TaiSeng version is available. My video rental store already has it, maybe you should go check out your video store. I watch it by downloading though because I was too impatient to wait. It has always been already rented out when ever I ask. Oh well, now, I don't need it anymore.

I don't know much details about this one. All I know is that there was a celebration of some sort of a company and they invited many celebrities. They asked everyone attended to design shoes (for fun I guess) and that was what Jiao Zhu came up with. What do you think it looked like? I'm not sure whether it was a tiger or a cat. My guess is that it might have been a cat because his fans somtimes would call him Jia Fei Mao (Garfield). They even sent him a lot of stuffed Garfield.
    it looks like a leopard to me. by the way, Chaule, will you be buying this series eventually?