Page 72 of 130 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2592

Thread: Huang Xiao Ming

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Li Nhi,

I was under the impression that you had seen ROCH06 already or was I mistaken?

why do you say you have to? I watch whatever is good and interests me.
    Yea, you're right. I did watch it only because everybody's comments made me so anxious. lol.

I say I have to because ....well, it's a loong story. But to keep an open mind on some particular series, I watch them, compare and/or criticize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    Yea, you're right. I did watch it only because everybody's comments made me so anxious. lol.

I say I have to because ....well, it's a loong story. But to keep an open mind on some particular series, I watch them, compare and/or criticize them.
    But you did not understand the dialogue one bit right?

its ok, you don't have to elaborate if its too long a story

I am not much of an internet shopper and I just wonder how safe it would be to buy from tigercool...
    Oh, that's why you avoid it. well, I have a friend who's a huge fan of tigercool. they have a station in California and they get tons of shipments from Mainland and so U.S. orders will be shipped out from Cali, I think. They've been pretty professional thus far. They're pretty quick with the deliveries and they always send out an e-mail before they ship something out to you. Sometimes I wonder why I bother dragging series back from Hong Kong.

But you did not understand the dialogue one bit right?

its ok, you don't have to elaborate if its too long a story
    Nope. Not one bit, lol. But I know ROCH pretty well. So I didn't care.

Nope. Not one bit, lol. But I know ROCH pretty well. So I didn't care.
    holy Li Nhi, you are an incredible fan. Bow to you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    holy Li Nhi, you are an incredible fan. Bow to you!!!
    hehe. ROCH is my favorite JY story. HXM & LYF look great together in there. It's pretty easy to follow Mainland's. I just feel bad for those who has never watched it before and have to skip out on so many important noteworthy scenes that were deleted/edited.

Just found a Vietnamese website on Jiao Zhu. Yay.

http://www.blackbamboo.5gigs.com/

hehe. ROCH is my favorite JY story. HXM & LYF look great together in there. It's pretty easy to follow Mainland's. I just feel bad for those who has never watched it before and have to skip out on so many important noteworthy scenes that were deleted/edited.
    That would be me.I can't remenber how much of Andy Lau's ROCH I actually watch but Idy Chan as Xiao Long Nu did not attract me then...ROCH06 was either too fast for certain parts or too long for other scenes so the story don't seemed to continue properly, more like putting disjointed scenes togther and dragging for certain scenes.

Just found a Vietnamese website on Jiao Zhu. Yay.

http://www.blackbamboo.5gigs.com/
    that's good news for you but now i don't understand a word..ha ha...

that's good news for you but now i don't understand a word..ha ha...
    awww...lol, that's ok, strawberry. We will always have spcnet.

You know what? I feel that Mainland does everything great except the music. I'm still not too fond of any of the songs. Maybe they should think about hiring Hong Kong or Taiwan or Japanese composers 'cause the songs they write ain't too comfortable to the ears.

HXM has a beautiful voice, but with a flat song, it doesn't do him any good. I think mainland composer is too into the opera stuff, that's why they have a tendency to stick in so much high pitches and things of that nature. holy cow, the noise is so high they can break a glass. I'm sorry but I find no rapture or any sense of attraction to their songs.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 05-09-06 at 10:21 PM.

You know what? I feel that Mainland does everything great except the music. I'm still not too fond of any of the songs. Maybe they should think about hiring Hong Kong or Taiwan or Japanese composers 'cause the songs they write ain't too comfortable to the ears.

HXM has a beautiful voice, but with a flat song, it doesn't do him any good. I think mainland composer is too into the opera stuff, that's why they have a tendency to stick in so much high pitches and things of that nature. holy cow, they noise is so high they can break a glass. I'm sorry but I find no rapture or any sense of attraction to their songs.
    Right, I know where you're coming from. Hmm...have you ever tried listening to other Mainland songs besides wuxia? Symphony of Rain and Story of Noble Family's OST are pretty soothing to the ears. Of course, everyone has different tastes. I'm in love with TVB's Golden 80's songs, but cannot deny the fact that their latter series' songs are....too modern for my taste. I actually enjoy the high pitches and majority of ZJZ's adaptation's songs including LOCH & TLBB. XAJH was, eh. As long as they're not like cat meowing (sorry if I offended anyone) Peking Opera, I'm a happy gal.

Right, I know where you're coming from. Hmm...have you ever tried listening to other Mainland songs besides wuxia? Symphony of Rain and Story of Noble Family's OST are pretty soothing to the ears. Of course, everyone has different tastes. I'm in love with TVB's Golden 80's songs, but cannot deny the fact that their latter series' songs are....too modern for my taste. I actually enjoy the high pitches and majority of ZJZ's adaptation's songs including LOCH & TLBB. XAJH was, eh. As long as they're not like cat meowing (sorry if I offended anyone) Peking Opera, I'm a happy gal.
    Unfortunately the ones I've come across thus far, I haven't been impressed to the point I want to run out and get the soundtrack, not that it's available.

But, holy I totally agree. I LOVE the 80's TVBs productions. They put so much heart into it. All the music, title and subs were beautifully composed. Then the 90's started to go downhill, and forget about the 21st century series music, holy cow, rock and roll for ancient series really got to me!!! and using a ton of actor/singers, and not like they can sing either!

but hey, there's this one love theme music in ROCH06 they play repeatedly that I still can't pinpoint which American movie soundtrack ZJZ extracted from. could you help? It's a piano/harp/violin piece. I thought it was from the Pearl Harbor soundtrack, so I bought it, listened to it but wasn't there, but at least I ended up enjoying the music to Pearl Harbor.

Unfortunately the ones I've come across thus far, I haven't been impressed to the point I want to run out and get the soundtrack, not that it's available.

But, holy I totally agree. I LOVE the 80's TVBs productions. They put so much heart into it. All the music, title and subs were beautifully composed. Then the 90's started to go downhill, and forget about the 21st century series music, holy cow, rock and roll for ancient series really got to me!!! and using a ton of actor/singers, and not like they can sing either!

but hey, there's this one love theme music in ROCH06 they play repeatedly that I still can't pinpoint which American movie soundtrack ZJZ extracted from. could you help? It's a piano/harp/violin piece. I thought it was from the Pearl Harbor soundtrack, so I bought it, listened to it but wasn't there, but at least I ended up enjoying the music to Pearl Harbor.
    Yes. I absolutely love the 80's. Not just the wuxia ones. Soldier of Fortune is my favorite! You're right, they put so much meaning into it back then. OMG, now? Have you ever watched Twin of Brothers and Lofty whatever verdant whatever? Wow. That's all I've got to say.

I vaguely remember Pearl Harbor since I only watched it once as a requirement for my h.s. American History course. Sorry, I don't have much information. How's the melody? You're talking about the romantic/lovey dovey/carries a positive feeling kinda melody? i.e. the part where YG told his gugu for the very first time that he'll make her his wife?

Yes. I absolutely love the 80's. Not just the wuxia ones. Soldier of Fortune is my favorite! You're right, they put so much meaning into it back then. OMG, now? Have you ever watched Twin of Brothers and Lofty whatever verdant whatever? Wow. That's all I've got to say.

I vaguely remember Pearl Harbor since I only watched it once as a requirement for my h.s. American History course. Sorry, I don't have much information. How's the melody? You're talking about the romantic/lovey dovey/carries a positive feeling kinda melody? i.e. the part where YG told his gugu for the very first time that he'll make her his wife?
    I think that's it. It's basically the only nice piece of music in the show that's nice to listen to. It also played at the part where after practicing, XLN walked away wanting to have some peace and quiet and then you see her laying on her rope and then she was disturbed by YG's surrogate father.

That tune's been in my head for so long and it's eating me away that I can't figure out which soundtrack it's from.

Once, there was this background music I totally loved from TVB's 1996 remake of Smiling Proud Wanderer, it literally took me 10 years to find out where it's from, and sure enough I found it in Heaven and Earth soundtrack!!!

HA HA HA, you are so funny, you only watched that movie for history class? I sure hope the movie was accurate enough to help you through.

Hey, since we're talking about Pearl Harbor, could you explain to me how the heck it's possible for Kate to say to Ben something like "I'll love you for the rest of my life, but I gave my heart to Danny." How the heck is that even remotely possible? I'm glad she ended up with Ben though. actually I didn't watch the whole movie, just spots here and there.

I think that's it. It's basically the only nice piece of music in the show that's nice to listen to. It also played at the part where after practicing, XLN walked away wanting to have some peace and quiet and then you see her laying on her rope and then she was disturbed by YG's surrogate father.

That tune's been in my head for so long and it's eating me away that I can't figure out which soundtrack it's from.

Once, there was this background music I totally loved from TVB's 1996 remake of Smiling Proud Wanderer, it literally took me 10 years to find out where it's from, and sure enough I found it in Heaven and Earth soundtrack!!!

HA HA HA, you are so funny, you only watched that movie for history class? I sure hope the movie was accurate enough to help you through.

Hey, since we're talking about Pearl Harbor, could you explain to me how the heck it's possible for Kate to say to Ben something like "I'll love you for the rest of my life, but I gave my heart to Danny." How the heck is that even remotely possible? I'm glad she ended up with Ben though. actually I didn't watch the whole movie, just spots here and there.
    I listened to State of Divinity is viet version and they recycled the music/bgm from various sources including Damien Lau's Dik Ching (an ATV production), Braveheart, and I heard...some taiwanese series. So I couldn't tell. I'm in love with the melody that Jacky & Fiona played (qin + flute).

As for Kate, it's possible since she's never really faithful to begin with. I mean, I was pretty mad at her too. Never liked that movie, lol. Josh is so hot, though.

I listened to State of Divinity is viet version and they recycled the music/bgm from various sources including Damien Lau's Dik Ching (an ATV production), Braveheart, and I heard...some taiwanese series. So I couldn't tell. I'm in love with the melody that Jacky & Fiona played (qin + flute).

As for Kate, it's possible since she's never really faithful to begin with. I mean, I was pretty mad at her too. Never liked that movie, lol. Josh is so hot, though.
    oh yuck, I don't like it when they recycle music. I mean, what the heck?

in that State of Divinity, I felt Fiona was the best Yum Ying Ying selected to play the role. All the other actresses were a joke! Chow Yun Fat's version had the best Little Si Mui played by Jamie Chek.

I hope HXM stay away from remakes after the Bund.

oh yuck, I don't like it when they recycle music. I mean, what the heck?

in that State of Divinity, I felt Fiona was the best Yum Ying Ying selected to play the role. All the other actresses were a joke! Chow Yun Fat's version had the best Little Si Mui played by Jamie Chek.

I hope HXM stay away from remakes after the Bund.
    Hi gals,

I heard from Chaule in one of the recent posts that he could be doing Chu Liu Xiang after the bund. In fact, both of us feel that he seems to be doing several remakes, with ROCH, the bund and Chu Liu Xiang, that's aa total of 3 in recent times.

btw, there's a part at the later episodes of Tang Bo Hu where Bo Hu tells Qiu Xiang this saying ' zhi zi zhi shou, yu zi xie lao' that though the world is getting more cold-hearted now, he still believes that loving someone means you should grow old with her. I thought that was very sweet and because he had such a difficult time wooing her, he told her too that hopefully they don't start holding hands only when they are both too old to do so. I think that's when she was first touched by his love because he sort of got injured by her.

btw, Pearl harbour did not have a really good storyline but like ROCH06, its promo clips were fantastic (the music in the promo clips was not all found in the soundtrack) and Josh Harnett was very good-looking and sweet.
    Last edited by strawberry; 05-11-06 at 07:16 AM.

I want to watch Ye Yan soon but the movie is only slotted for release in Sep. I read though that the movie rights have been snapped up by many international companies and they are hoping to enter this movie for next year's Oscar for best foreign language film.

really??? jiao zhu will be the next chu liuxiang?
    it'd be GREAT

I hope LYF will appear in this series too, as one of CLX's girls