Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Benny Chan II

Originally posted by rachellam
    i think the reason why people are so annoyed with charmaine is because besides being overpromoted, she plays different roles the same way....like in angels of mission, she's supposed 2 be this headstrong stubborn girl but she comes across as a headstrong and childish person....all her roles have that kinda childishness in it....but personally i think her best show wuz country spirit...it rocked!hahaha.....
    I agree, I think that's the problem with Charmaine. She portrays all her characters the same way and then the way she acts is just annoying. Always the same expressions, trying to act cute and pitiful. Her portrayal just comes out all wrong, too whiny. I don't think she is capable of pulling off those headstrong type characters, she's better off with those soft-spoken type like in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain.

Anyways off topic . Back to Benny.

Originally posted by botan
    I agree, I think that's the problem with Charmaine. She portrays all her characters the same way and then the way she acts is just annoying. Always the same expressions, trying to act cute and pitiful. Her portrayal just comes out all wrong, too whiny. I don't think she is capable of pulling off those headstrong type characters, she's better off with those soft-spoken type like in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain.

Anyways off topic . Back to Benny.
    her cute and pitiful expressions and acting gets on my damn nerves.. i honestly think she needs to stop acting for a whil and re think those roles she played and maybe in the future she can look back and be like i was so stupid. all her characters personalities are all the same.. i think.. she doesnt try to be the character she makes the character become her.. am i making any sense?

Yeah, I understand what you are saying you_suck and totally agree. I don't think Charmaine really understands what acting truly is. You are supposed to be the character not the character be you. I think she should take a break and get some formal acting lessons. All the characters she has played are supposed to be likeable but instead she portrays them to be annoying.

Hey there you guys!!!! So many many replies, hehe!!!

Lol same here botan. I was quite excited as well to see his name listed in a serie!!! Its been so long sicne I've seen him, I wouldn't care for whatever the serie is now. Just wnt to see him!!!

Diffinately agree with you guys. I really don't like how she protrays her roles. espically those that make her get sympathy and pity from the viewers, she just makes me more annoyed. I do think that she should take a break from acting and try to improve!! Even though she's been in so many series she doesn't protray them all very well. She needs to come to an understanding that its not he quanity of the series you do, but the quality you put into the serie by acting out your character to the max!!!

Lol you guys!!! Benny is mine!!! But I'll be nice and share him
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying you_suck and totally agree. I don't think Charmaine really understands what acting truly is. You are supposed to be the character not the character be you. I think she should take a break and get some formal acting lessons. All the characters she has played are supposed to be likeable but instead she portrays them to be annoying.
    and her characters are supposed to be the person that saves everyone... and thats the character that everone likes, you know

Yup, she's suppose to be the heroine but I end up disliking her instead. Gosh, seems like she ruins every series she stars in. Best to avoid all her series, it will save me the torture. Totally agree with you goddess, it's not about the quantity but the quality.

Wow. We're off topic. Anyway, back to Benny. Anyone have real-sized prints of his 1996 CD album pictures? I don't have the actual CD so I'm looking for prints that will come out about the same. If anyone could help, thanks!
    And about Qian Long, would you know when it'll be showing in the US? and whether or not it'll be a voice-over in Cantonese?

Originally posted by jen89ob
    Wow. We're off topic. Anyway, back to Benny. Anyone have real-sized prints of his 1996 CD album pictures? I don't have the actual CD so I'm looking for prints that will come out about the same. If anyone could help, thanks!
    And about Qian Long, would you know when it'll be showing in the US? and whether or not it'll be a voice-over in Cantonese?
    voice overs are annoying.. lmao whats it about?

Hi you_suck you can find a bit of a summary from this review http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=86

I personally disagree with the reviewer about the series. It wasn't really that great. Benny hardly had any screentime. The story focused too much on the supporting cast. And the whole series was pretty draggy and pointless.

Hey jen89ob, I have no idea when the series will be aired in the US or if there will be voiceovers in Cantonese. I heard that when they aired it in Malaysia they had voice overs in Cantonese so I guess it might be the same for the US then.
    Last edited by botan; 08-10-04 at 12:30 AM.

oh well thanks anyway. i just found out that Benny was only the young version of the emperor. that's not fun.

You mean this series is the only series with a story about the young Emperor Qian Long? Didn't Louis star as Emperor Qian Long in the series called War and Remembrance?

Hey there all

Hmmm....Benny is the younger version? Does that mean the main focus is on the young Qian Long or is there another guy playing the older version?

I'm not sure about Louis and War of Remembrance, but I think he did. Not a bad serie either ^_^

So little about Benny to talk about. At least anything new.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi you_suck you can find a bit of a summary from this review http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=86

I personally disagree with the reviewer about the series. It wasn't really that great. Benny hardly had any screentime. The story focused too much on the supporting cast. And the whole series was pretty draggy and pointless.

Hey jen89ob, I have no idea when the series will be aired in the US or if there will be voiceovers in Cantonese. I heard that when they aired it in Malaysia they had voice overs in Cantonese so I guess it might be the same for the US then.
    thanks, i'll go check it out later..

Originally posted by you_suck
    thanks, i'll go check it out later..
    wow.. that was a long review

Yeah, you're right you_suck, it is a very long long review, especially the summary part. It's not really a summary then.

Nope, War and Remembrance was okay but just way too serious at times. I didn't quite like the leading actress though, wished they had casted someone else.

Yes, I agree so little news about Benny these days.

you think the the reason why there's very little news cuz he's still in taiwan for another series or something liek theat?

I think your probably referring to Yvonne Yung. I thought she did okay, she did fit with Louis nicely though. At least I thought so. Yeah, it was a bit serious at times, but its supposed to be somewhat of a historic serie so needed the more serious tone.

Your probably right you_suck. He's still in Taiwan, but filming what now? I am still wondering about that pilot serie with Jiang Zu Ping!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

who is yvonne yung?anyway,is benny still with tvb?cause there really is few news bout him lately
    When you're afraid to look ahead or behind,look beside you... i'll be there.............forever.........juz call my name.......n i'll be there

the series is about the toung qian long........benny wuz ultra hot and ectremely cute in that....hahaha.....the parts with benny were all interesting but the supporting casts were dead boring...they all look like they were amaeturs!!but benny..........^sigh^

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    I think your probably referring to Yvonne Yung. I thought she did okay, she did fit with Louis nicely though. At least I thought so. Yeah, it was a bit serious at times, but its supposed to be somewhat of a historic serie so needed the more serious tone.
    I guess so, I don't know the actress name. It was something Yung Hung, so I guess Yvonne is her English name. I watched the series a long time aga and at that time I didn't think she fit the character, a bit too old and didn't really look compatible with Louis.

Sagiescorp, Benny still has a contract with TVB, I think. He's just currently filming in Taiwan and he said he will return to HK next year.

rachellam, about Voyage of Emperor Qian Long, I agree about the supporting cast. All the parts, which was most of the parts, with them were so boring and annoying. They should just made the story about them instead of the Emperor since he hardly had screen time anyways.