Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9yin vs 6meridian swords

Default 9yin vs 6meridian swords

Hey i had another question iwas hoping sum 1 here could answer
    if wong seung existed in the time after dgsd and he created 9 yin to counter all kung fu of every sect and school does that mean 9 yin can defeat even duan yus's 6 meridain swords? i remember reading in this forum that the 6 meridian swords and the tcbt(tendon changing bone tampering) skills are the two strongest skills is dgsd. So theoretically if wong seung who mastered 9 yin fought a duan yu who masters the 6 meridian swords (although he never will since 1deng had to pretty much gave up his love life 2 master 1 yang finger couldnt picture duan yu doin that could u?)
    and both were at the same level of skill and inner power would wong seung win due 2 a better technique?

AFAIK, 9 yin contained techniques to defeat all the opponents of wong Seung (HS). Unless a member of Dali royal family fought against HS, then it is very very possible that 9 yin will not contain techniques against 1 yang finger of 6msj (assuming that there's anyone after DY who mastered the skill). We knows that 9 yin is not invincible.

Yeah, WS only created the techniques to defeat his enemies and their allies, probably not Dali.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

what if it was to fight against the heavy iron sword techniques?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

How can you compare 9 Yin to it since Heavy Sword cannot be judged alone. Because you also need to judge the type of internal cultivation that the person with the Heavy Sword learned and how the guy use it plus some other things since it is not a comprehensive art. Heavy Sword really only have it's theory, not techniques.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

6 Mak Divine Swords and 9 Yum Jen Ging are two entirely different creatures. 6 Mak Divine Swords was basically a weapon. It was used to kill and maim, and that was basically it (there was a healing application too, but this was not its primary function). Mastering 6 Mak Divine Swords did not make one better at or more capable of learning other martial arts, nor did it build inner power. To use 6 Mak Divine Swords, one had to import great inner power from another source.

9 Yum Jen Ging was a complete system that not only had the offense/defense features of combat, but healing, inner power building, hing gung, acupoint sealing/releasing, even hypnotism. Mastering the 9 Yum Jen Ging made it easier to advance in other kinds of martial arts (i.e. Gwok Jing's Hong Lung 18 Palms became much more powerful and versatile after he had 9 Yum Jen Ging as its power base).

Now what that means in actual combat is anybody's guess. For all its versatility and holistic utility, 9 Yum Jen Ging just might not help much at all if an opponent blasts at its user with 6 Mak Divine Swords. In fact, I'm guessing that would probably be the case: 6 Mak Divine Swords was the wuxia equivalent of a ray gun...it's hard to fight against that no matter what kind of martial arts a fighter has.

As a martial arts system, however, 9 Yum Jen Ging definitely has much more to offer than 6 Mak Divine Swords.

yea, as stated above, 6 mai shen jian and 9 yin cannot be compared alone. 9 yin and heavy iron sword cannot be compared alone. iron sword and 6 mai are a better compariosn though.

duan yu never mastered 6 mai, he didn't bother to either. the only reason he was able to learn 6 mai was b/c he had good memory and a huge amount of internal energy from sucking others.

i dun think wong seung included a someting to counter 6 mai or purposefully wrote something to counter dali kung fu. however, i do remember he included something for unsealing pressure points, so maybe that would help counter 1 yang zhi?

I don't know how good 9 Yin is going to counter 1YZ with the pressure freeing technique since 1YZ is also a beam. And I'd heard that its very difficult to unseal the accupoints sealed by 1YZ. Is the pressure point only able to be unseal by a person that knows how to use 1YZ?

well, it depends upon user too...

but the unsealing w/ 9 yin is better than no unsealing at all rite? i mean, it helps the user somewhat against 1 YZ

it should release it, since it is "normal" pressure points, but the contrary 9 yin pressure point sealing method seems superior
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

it should release it, since it is "normal" pressure points, but the contrary 9 yin pressure point sealing method seems superior
    I don't think that 9 Yin can unseal 1YZ. Especially if it was done by someone as high level as 1D. I think 1YZ is the highest art for sealing accupoints, so it will be pretty difficult to free it. Even if another person is to try to free you, it is still likely that he/she won't be able to. So unless the person that applied it on you is really 'that' much weaker than you, it will be almost impossible for you to free yourself.

9 Yum Jen Ging had some fairly arcane acupoint sealing/releasing skills within it as well...I wouldn't put it absolutely beyond the 9 Yum Jen Ging's range to unseal acupoints sealed via 1 Yeung Finger.

Yeah, but I'm just not sure. XLN was sealed by OYF and couldn't unseal herself. Although it was because he was using his messed up 9 Yin, it still proves that there's a limitation. It was designed to unseal pressure points from fire deviation anyway.

Originally posted by superboy
    Yeah, but I'm just not sure. XLN was sealed by OYF and couldn't unseal herself. Although it was because he was using his messed up 9 Yin, it still proves that there's a limitation.
    That limitation was more a matter of Little Dragon Girl's incomplete (*way* incomplete) knowledge of 9 Yum Jen Ging and West Poison Au Yeung Fung's vast superiority to her as a martial artist in general. It wasn't anything inherent about the 9 Yum Jen Ging that gave her trouble in unsealing her acupoint.

I thought XLN already knew all the unsealing pressure point parts of 9 Yin. Is there more to that specific part that she didn't know then?

I thought XLN already knew all the unsealing pressure point parts of 9 Yin. Is there more to that specific part that she didn't know then?
    I don't think the method is foolproof unless you also master the inner power component of 9 Yum Jen Ging.

9 Yin will make your internal power a lot stronger, which will help. But was the internal energy really especially designed to apply for that part? It was only mentioned that she can't unseal it because OYF was using the contrary 9 Yin.

9 Yin will make your internal power a lot stronger, which will help. But was the internal energy really especially designed to apply for that part? It was only mentioned that she can't unseal it because OYF was using the contrary 9 Yin.
    Au Yeung Fung's faux-9 Yum Jen Ging was supposed to be inferior to the real thing, so I believe that the problem lies within Little Dragon Girl and/or her limited understanding of 9 Yum Jen Ging rather than the manual itself.

Oh, the translation mentioned that it was because OYF used the contrary accupressure technique of 9 Yin. That was why XLN was not able to unseal them.

ou yang feng's 7 yin was not inferior to xln's 9 yin. it was backwards but it did, er...help him improve and xln did not know the whole thing.

i do think the fact that ou yang feng used backward 9 yin on xln did affect the reason why she can't release it since she probably had to use the reverse version to reverse his sealing. but i agree, the major reason is that his kung fu was so much more superior than her's.