Thread: Jimmy Lin (林志穎)

The theme of his bday party is "Jimmy Lin's birthday Thanksgiving"

I think the song "The Gift of Love" is the club song or something like that. The attendees are asked to learn the song and prepare to sing it at the party. that's all. Lyrics r hard to translate b/c sometimes the words dont make sense.

2 more days to go b4 jimmy's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by viv1010 View Post
    Ladycoco & Keroro, are you going to send a recording in? Which song are you going to sing? Ladycoco, if you are not sure about your Mandarin pronouncation, you can think about performing Jimmy's Cantonese song "我仍然是我 Wo Ren Rang Shi Wo (I Am Still Myself)".
    Viv1010, don't think I will do that . Can't wait for his b'day news...
    Don't really understand what's written on his blog. Seems that they are compiling some clips for 'Ai De Li Wu'. I heard about that song, I don't like it. I like the b'day song that he sang on his concert last year.
    I've been listening to his old songs, prepared myself for his concert , but his singing skills before army was average, i gave up listening to his song . though the music is good, but his voice.... no no no...(don't kill me girls..)

Quote Originally Posted by keroro33 View Post
    Don't really understand what's written on his blog. Seems that they are compiling some clips for 'Ai De Li Wu'. I heard about that song, I don't like it. I like the b'day song that he sang on his concert last year.
    I've been listening to his old songs, prepared myself for his concert , but his singing skills before army was average, i gave up listening to his song . though the music is good, but his voice.... no no no...(don't kill me girls..)
    I agreed with you, he sang way better after the "1996-12 期待 Qi Dai (Expect)" album. Before that, his voice was too young. He Sound like a kid. Well, I guess he was a kid before his army days. heeheheee......

My favorite album is the "1998-09 黎明破晓前 Li Ming Po Xiao Qian (Before Dawn Breaks)". However, in each of his albums, there are a few songs that I like a lot as well.
    vivi

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    The theme of his bday party is "Jimmy Lin's birthday Thanksgiving"

I think the song "The Gift of Love" is the club song or something like that. The attendees are asked to learn the song and prepare to sing it at the party. that's all. Lyrics r hard to translate b/c sometimes the words dont make sense.

2 more days to go b4 jimmy's birthday.
    Thanks Ladycoco! Do you know what is the theme name of the November Shanghai concert?
    vivi

Viv1010, just found the funny video:
    http://6.cn/watch/7302522.html (Part 1)
    http://6.cn/watch/4317199.html (Part 2)
    He talked about this album in Part 2 at 02:45.
    You are right! Jimmy was so funny when he tossed his album cover away in Part 2.

Jimmy was also very funny in the beginning of Part 1 (1:26) when they introduced him as a singer, actor, businessman, then the hostess said "car racer", and Jimmy finished the list saying, "car crasher".
    vivi

i agree with u too. he was just a boy b4 his army days and his voice was too boyish. i like his songs after the army days. my favorite is also 黎明破晓前. i bought that album.

where did u hear 'Ai De Li Wu'? is there a link?

the fans in china r really going nuts. i don't quite understand. isn't it a good thing for jimmy to have a family. he's 35. do we want him to be 48 and childless. he loves kids. whoever he picks is none of our business. he said b4 kelly was only a friend. but i remember he changed tones this yr and refused to answer questions about his love life. they have a baby out of wedlock. is that the end of the world? he said he's going to make an announcement on 10/15. so just wait. why all the speculations and accusations.

i finally figure what they call a 'black' is. it's someone who wants to destroy an idol at all costs, slandering, making up stories, and stirring things up with fans of other idols. she posts anonymously with diff ip addresses. her goal is to catch the attention of the media who feed on negative news. she could be an ex-fan who will destroy him if she can't have him. it's just amazing these ppl even exist. if u dont like an idol just ignore him. why waste time in destroying him.

i'm afraid jimmy will announce his retirement on his bday.

You are right! Jimmy was so funny when he tossed his album cover away in Part 2.

Jimmy was also very funny in the beginning of Part 1 (1:26) when they introduced him as a singer, actor, businessman, then the hostess said "car racer", and Jimmy finished the list saying, "car crasher".
    he's one fun-loving guy. i miss the jimmy from 2006 when he was promoting his album.

yeah, he was very real... Today's Jimmy is .
    Hope he is happy always .

i agree with u too. he was just a boy b4 his army days and his voice was too boyish. i like his songs after the army days. my favorite is also 黎明破晓前. i bought that album.

the fans in china r really going nuts. i don't quite understand. isn't it a good thing for jimmy to have a family. he's 35. do we want him to be 48 and childless. he loves kids. whoever he picks is none of our business. he said b4 kelly was only a friend. but i remember he changed tones this yr and refused to answer questions about his love life. they have a baby out of wedlock. is that the end of the world? he said he's going to make an announcement on 10/15. so just wait. why all the speculations and accusations.

i finally figure what they call a 'black' is. it's someone who wants to destroy an idol at all costs, slandering, making up stories, and stirring things up with fans of other idols. she posts anonymously with diff ip addresses. her goal is to catch the attention of the media who feed on negative news. she could be an ex-fan who will destroy him if she can't have him. it's just amazing these ppl even exist. if u dont like an idol just ignore him. why waste time in destroying him.

爱的礼物
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/pQKSNu8Rf7s/
    Sorry, I didn't know it's not Jimmy's song. I even said I don't like the song . I change my opinion , coz not easy for fans to create the song & lyrics. I still dont like the music, but the lyrics is very touching...
    I read that this song & lyrics is composed by hongkong fans. It was a birthday gift for Jimmy in 2007.

i'm looking for his fans site/forum from Taiwan/HK, do you know?
    I hope Jimmy wont be sad after reading those negative posts about Kelly.

Ladycoco, how do you know he will have another concert during xmas? when? where?

Actually he doesnt have to answer all these rumors, coz it's his privacy. He can choose not to answer it, just do the same strategy every year, simply a 'NO, it's not true' answer, close case.
    This answer will protect his personal life. And he will be more & more secretive .
    But, from Grace's msg, I think he will come out with a different answer.
    I'm curious too....can't wait...marketing/business people see this as a strategy game played by showbiz world, very interesting...Hope Jimmy is the winner...

Don't think he will retire so soon, but who knows??

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lh3.ggpht.com/_a6wZyVGyHng/SrxNYX1VRPI/AAAAAAAAAck/yr43vdjeLSw/s512/37a11ad080c865a4a1ec9c1a.jpg')

he's one fun-loving guy. i miss the jimmy from 2006 when he was promoting his album.
    Yeah, he seems not very happy when doing his showbiz job this year (only my personal opinion based on his video shows & pics in 2009). His career (showbiz/racing) this year is not as good as previous ones? I read that his resto closed after the contract end?

Thanks Ladycoco! Do you know what is the theme name of the November Shanghai concert?
    I think it's called "Asia's Whirlwind - The marvellous explosion".

OMG I heard that the concert's tickets are unmarketable, just a half of them have been sold. I hope this rumour won't make a bad effect on his upcoming concert. A fan on baidu even said that she tore the ticket after hearing that rumour, so crazy and scary.

ANW I like that song. I think Jimmy's fans who composed the song have made a good job, but those "singers" are terrible.

爱的礼物
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/pQKSNu8Rf7s/
    Sorry, I didn't know it's not Jimmy's song. I even said I don't like the song . I change my opinion , coz not easy for fans to create the song & lyrics. I still dont like the music, but the lyrics is very touching...
    I read that this song & lyrics is composed by hongkong fans. It was a birthday gift for Jimmy in 2007.
    Awwww. This is so touching. i also found the ones by fans in other cites all over china: beijing, henan, hunan, guangzhou. they each made a MV. i thought it was new for 2009. i bet jimmy was moved to tears when he saw these. i've to ul them to youtube so more fans will know about these.

i'm looking for his fans site/forum from Taiwan/HK, do you know?
    he used to have a very active official fansite on ManYu but he moved it to that awful site that was shut down later. this site still exists but is not official
    http://bbs.92wy.com/forum-448-1.html

Ladycoco, how do you know he will have another concert during xmas? when? where?
    no, i don't. it's a concert tour, right. so i hope there'll be one during xmas or next summer.

Actually he doesnt have to answer all these rumors, coz it's his privacy. He can choose not to answer it, just do the same strategy every year, simply a 'NO, it's not true' answer, close case.
    This answer will protect his personal life. And he will be more & more secretive .
    But, from Grace's msg, I think he will come out with a different answer.
    I'm curious too....can't wait...marketing/business people see this as a strategy game played by showbiz world, very interesting...Hope Jimmy is the winner...

Don't think he will retire so soon, but who knows??
    i sure hope he'll come out on top. he just wants to protect his privacy. hope to see some baby pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid1412 View Post

OMG I heard that the concert's tickets are unmarketable, just a half of them have been sold. I hope this rumour won't make a bad effect on his upcoming concert. A fan on baidu even said that she tore the ticket after hearing that rumour, so crazy and scary.

ANW I like that song. I think Jimmy's fans who composed the song have made a good job, but those "singers" are terrible.
    Wow...if people aren't buying Jimmy's concert tickets because of the rumor, to me, it shows you aren't a true fan of the artist. I hope his concert tickets sell better, as he still has about a month or so to go and he has put so much effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid1412 View Post

tore the tickets! why not give it to me. hope things will work out. SIGH. 25,000 fans went to his concert in 2008. i guess it's in shanghai again in 2009 so fans dont want to see it again. it's not cheap

Yeah, he seems not very happy when doing his showbiz job this year (only my personal opinion based on his video shows & pics in 2009). His career (showbiz/racing) this year is not as good as previous ones? I read that his resto closed after the contract end?
    2009 is a bad yr for jimmy. no new drama, didn't participate in any powerboat racing.

at least he got 6th place in the rally race in beijing.

the baby should be wonderful news but ... i can't wait to see him at his bday party in 2 days.

hope things will work out better in 2010.

More fans going nuts even though he has already announced that he will be making a public appearance in two days. It is a tad bit scary. Also, I sure hope he doesn't announce his retirement because of this. He always said that he doesn't let what others say bother him and he will continue to work through the difficulties to prove himself. I don't quite understand why some fans take a celebrity's personal life events so personal. Almost appears that some feel as if it is a personal attack on them and that is too bad that they feel that way.

tore the tickets! why not give it to me. hope things will work out. SIGH. 25,000 fans went to his concert in 2008. i guess it's in shanghai again in 2009 so fans dont want to see it again. it's not cheap
    I bet if he choose Taiwan/HK, the result will be different.
    I think his goal is not in showbiz anymore...or he will give us a big surprise? Taiwan has a big concert hall, lately lots of singers held concert in Taiwan. Really hope that he will come back to HK/Taiwan for concerts. He doubt his star power? I dont think so.
    Last edited by keroro33; 10-13-09 at 12:28 PM.

Oh my gosh! people are crazy!!!! rip up concert ticket?!!!! Fans need to know their limit!!!! They are there to give support to their idols, not to control and possess them!!!! crazy! Crazy! CRAZY!!!!

Jimmy, you poor thing! Don't worry, we, here in spcnet, love you and will support you all the way!!! Jia You!!!!! Get marry and have lots of babies!!!! And if you are willing, we want to see pictures!!!!!
    Last edited by viv1010; 10-14-09 at 12:40 AM.
    vivi