Thread: Question about LOCH?

Default Question about LOCH?

What does Huang Rong's mother death have to do with the 9 Yin manual??

Default Re: Question about LOCH?

Originally posted by shaz
    What does Huang Rong's mother death have to do with the 9 Yin manual??
    She died from overexertion while transliterating a second copy of the 9 Yum Jen Ging from memory for her husband (East Heretinc Wong Yerk See) after his disciples Mui Chiu Fung and Chan Yeun Fung had stolen the first copy.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 01-02-04 at 09:23 PM.

because one of 2 copies of 9 yin jen jing was stolen by Mei Chao Feng and her husband. Therefore she had to rewrite it while she was pregnant. Perhaps, it gave her a lot of pressure, so her health was deteriorating.
    Last edited by ToOn99; 01-02-04 at 09:24 PM.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Actually, if HR's mother would just be the speaker and HYS be the writer, than the job might be a lot easier.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Actually, if HR's mother would just be the speaker and HYS be the writer, than the job might be a lot easier.
    The hard part wasn't the physical part of writing; it was the recall. If Wong Yerk See's wife had been in top physical condition (i.e. not pregnant) and if she had transcribed the manual very soon after having read it, she could have done it in a flash (instant recall is one of her unique talents). The problem was, she was not in good health *and* she had to perform the recall several months after she had originally seen the manual.

But writing still probably add to the problem. Can't HYS be a little more considerate and at least take on the job of writing!!!
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

He didn't want to know any of the 9 yin maybe?
    And is it possible that the 9 yin written by huang rong's mother is not exactly 100% accurate?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    He didn't want to know any of the 9 yin maybe?
    The whole point of having Madame Wong (that sounds like the name of a restaurant) transcribe the manual is because Wong Yerk See wanted to learn it.

Yeah, HYS didn't want to know 9 Yin only after he blamed it for his wife's death.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    The whole point of having Madame Wong (that sounds like the name of a restaurant) transcribe the manual is because Wong Yerk See wanted to learn it.
    Shouldn't HYS know the manual since he had a for some time to studied it before it was stolen?

That's something I don't understand too. He was so anxious getting the manual, you would guess the first thing he do at home is going over it. How can he not know what's inside?

Originally posted by shaz
    Shouldn't HYS know the manual since he had a for some time to studied it before it was stolen?
    He stopped studying when he realized that he had only gotten the 2nd portion of the manual, which contains the techniques. Without the inner power manual(1st portion), it would be useless if not downright harmful to practice the 9 Yin techniques. So HYS never did study it for this reason.

So does he know the information inside at least?

I'm not sure if this was explicit said in the book, but I believe HYS didn't memorize it because he didn't want to be drawn to the techniques, and start practicing when he shouldn't. After all, his students Chen Xuan Feng and Mei Chao Feng both tried to learn the manuscript even knowing they lack the inner power training.

Okay, this has nothing to do with HYS as some people have already answered the original question, but I have a question regarding Hong Qigong.

I noticed that in LOCH 83, he didn't have that missing finger, but in LOCH 94 and ROCH 95, he did. Did he really lose his pointing finger in the book or was it one of the additions/changes that TVB had?

Quote Originally Posted by So Yen View Post
    Okay, this has nothing to do with HYS as some people have already answered the original question, but I have a question regarding Hong Qigong.

I noticed that in LOCH 83, he didn't have that missing finger, but in LOCH 94 and ROCH 95, he did. Did he really lose his pointing finger in the book or was it one of the additions/changes that TVB had?
    Yes, he bit it off because he missed an important meeting due to food.

His nickname is the 9 Fingered Divine Beggar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    And is it possible that the 9 yin written by huang rong's mother is not exactly 100% accurate?
    That would be an hilarious plot twist if the transliterated 9yin was not 100% accurate.

But no, for the sake of the plot, I think we can safely presume that the 9yin was right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    That would be an hilarious plot twist if the transliterated 9yin was not 100% accurate.

But no, for the sake of the plot, I think we can safely presume that the 9yin was right.
    The original 9yin stolen by Chen Xuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng was accurate as it was written very soon after Mrs Huang read it. If I remember correctly, the second copy she died transcribing wasn't complete as Guo Jing kind of gave it away when he could recite more than what was actually written in the copy which Huang Yaoshi gave the suitors to memorise. Or maybe that was TVB's license.