Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chen Dao Ming

Haha, that's true. But I'm sure you know what I mean by the suave type character-wise, though. Oh, a triad boss. That sounds like the ultimate in coolness! I've really gotta get my hands on this trilogy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Here are the opening and ending clips to a Chen Dao Ming series that I'd never even heard of before. It's called "Hun2 Duan4 Qin2 Huai2" ( 魂断秦淮 ). I'm not quite sure what it means either, except something about the soul breaking...? Has anyone seen it?

Opening clip

Ending clip

You can get quite a few glimpses of CDM, especially in the ending clip.
    Check 'em out before they're taken offline!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks a lot Lady Zhuge for posting the links to the clips... I have watched both of them. From the few scenes of CDM in both clips, it seems to me that he is playing the role of a bad guy. For me, he does not look too suave with the bundles of long hairs dangling from his head....still prefer CDM in modern roles. Hope you can post more of these clips in the future.

Btw, why Racheal does not drop by in this forum anymore? I do miss her...
    "It is not we who change reality, it is reality that changes us"

No problem, survivor_gal. Sure, I'll be sure to post any more clips that I find of CDM here. BTW, long time no talk. I hope you're doing well.
    Racheal doesn't post much at this forum 'cause she thinks no one responds to her or something.

Yeah, CDM does seem to play an evil role in that series. He may look kind of messy with the dangling hair, but he might actually make a pretty cool villain. Are you still watching The Long March or did you already give up? Have you decided on which CDM series you were going to buy yet?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I am fine, thank you. I am actually busy preparing for my exam and will have a 2-month break after this So I am hoping to watch at least one of DM's drama during the holidays. Maybe I will borrow Long March from my friend's parents again.
    Any news on DM's latest dramas? What about Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun? Has it been officially out yet?

Someone told me that she read from somewhere that DM likes to smoke a lot...He even cited that as part of his hobby....Isn't this habit hazardous to his health? Haha... just trying to be a caring fan!

Best of luck on your upcoming exam! I'm sure that you'll do great. Watching CDM dramas would be a nice way to relax and reward yourself for all the hardcore studying you've been doing of late.

I haven't heard anything about the one new show CDM filmed with Anita Yuen, Carina Lau, and Hu Jun called "Yi Jiang Qing Shui Xiang Dong Liu". As for "Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun", it's already been released: http://video.tigercool.com/ProductIn...roductID=14304

Yep, CDM is a smoker. I really wish he would quit for the sake of his health. Unfortunately, I believe 7 out of 10 men in China smoke (a lot of times in order to talk "business", etc.), so it's nothing strange over there. I didn't know that smoking was CDM's hobby, though. What does he like to do, try different cigarettes and cigars from various parts of the world or something?

*sigh*

Is there an actor out there who doesn't smoke?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for your wishes! Still have lots to revise in 2 weeks time. I'll try my best!

Visited the website but could not understand it because it is in Chinese... based on some of the comments given in English, this is one of DM's latest drama.If you have the time, could you please give a brief synopsis of the series....maybe help to translate the synopsis given especially on what type of character is DM playing in the series. From the photos, he seems to play the suave, cool gentleman-kind of character, the kind of role I have always wanted him to be.

I guess maybe what he means by saying that smoking is his hobby is that he will smoke whenever he has free time and has nothing else to do.

Thanks a lot!

Hi survivor_gal!

I'm not too proficient at reading Chinese characters, but I'll try to give you an idea of what the drama is about. It's known as the "modern version of Wei Cheng (Surrounded City)" and basically deals with 3 couples, with the main one played by Chen Dao Ming and Jiang Wen Li (I remember her from Da Zhai Men). CDM is a doctor who doesn't make a lot of money and his wife constantly pesters him about that. So, he finally decides to switch from working for the government to a private practice. At first, the increase in salary makes his wife extremely happy and she gradually withdraws from her own job in order to help him. However, after awhile, she begins to feel the inequality in the relationship, with her husband contributing so much more to the household income than she does. This affects her self-image as well as confidence and has a negative impact on her marriage. One of CDM's friends comes up with this idea to tempt her over the internet to see if she'd take the bait. She does end up doing so, much to the dismay of CDM, who was there to catch her. This friend of CDM's also has a girlfriend who likes CDM. In the end, CDM asks for a divorce due to the lack of warmth in the family setting and JWL finally agrees after thinking things through.

The moral of the story is: Being married or not really has little to do with one's happiness. Satisfaction and joy is actually found within oneself.

I think this drama sounds very interesting, realistic, and psychological in nature and I'm definitely interested in watching it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the synopsis. I have just found out that the clips for Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun are available at :
    http://www.chinacdm.net/share.htm.
    There are 7 clips altogether, including one opening and one ending clip. I have already watched them. From the clips, just like what you have said, CDM is a doctor who is having marital problems with his inconsiderate wife. Check the clips out if you haven't.
    I am also interested in watching it and will definitely do so if I have the chance to!

You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know of the availability of the opening and ending clips at CDM's website. I hadn't visited it for awhile. The opening one doesn't really reveal anything about the story, but the ending clip is pretty nicely designed to give you a glimpse into these characters' lives. There are actually 9 clips all together, with two being the opening and ending one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I found some pics of Chen Dao Ming in "Yi Jiang Qing Shui Xiang Dong Liu".

CDM:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/yjcsxdl/co/d4.jpg')

With Hu Jun:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/yjcsxdl/co/03.jpg')

With Carina Lau:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/yjcsxdl/co/01.jpg')

CDM looks like a mobster film director or something.

Pics are courtesy of http://www.sfs-cn.com/
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah, my mistake:there was supposed to be 9 clips and not 7.

Chen Daoming really does look like a mafia boss with the sunglasses, coat and the cap on. Seems to me that he is playing a bad guy in this series!

Watching all the clips just makes me want to see this show more!
    The last clip seemed to be the very end of the series. It seems like the two of them are still in love, but just can't work it out and have to get a divorce in the end no matter what. That's realistic, but sad...

I wonder when "Yi Jiang Qing Shui Xiang Dong Liu" is going to come out? CDM's little goatee is so funny.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah, me too...I am interested to watch it too. CDM was really funny in one of the clip in which he was singing something to his wife ...he seemed jealous cos his wife had just receive a telephone call from her ex-lover. The scene in the operating theater was cool...and the one at his farewell party at the pub was poignant ... just like you said, too bad that both of them ended up divorced From the clips, it just seemed that the wife is never satisfied with what they have and kept asking for more....

Comparing the clean-shaven and bespectacled CDM in Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun with the one having the goatee in YJQSXDL, I guess the goatee does made him look old....he looks much younger and good-looking in ZGSLH.

Yep, his wife wasn't happy in the beginning with CDM's job situation, but then was even less satisfied due to her own feeling of self worth when he did as she wanted him to do. Is that just an almost impossible person to live with or just a mid-life crisis?
    I just noticed that this series is now available at Yesasia. It came out last week. I've gotta get it!

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...c/version-all/

You could say that the goatee actually makes CDM look...his age.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-27-04 at 10:42 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This thread needed a *bump*.

Here's a clip from a "Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun" press conference, courtesy of chinacdm.net:

5-minute clip

Chen Dao Ming is his usual frank, laid-back and rather serious self, but with the occasional joke here and there.

Hopefully I will get to watch ZGSLH during fall break.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My mum watched that series (China Style Divorce) and she seemed to like it.

It wasn't anything 'bad' that happened between the couple, but more like a massive series of misunderstandings.

Anyway... mum seemed to like it and she said that it was realistic, but then again, most series with CDM are pretty realistic. He's a great actor who can play very different roles, unlike some modern day actors, who are purely there because of their looks.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Hi Lady Zhuge... first of all sorry because I have not logged in to this forum and this thread for the past two months... I am still a Chen Daoming's fan, just in case anyone wonders whether I have not logged in to this thread because I have stopped becoming his fan.

The clips from the "Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun" press conference are also available from:
    http://www.daoming.net/gb/Soft_Show.asp?SoftID=108

and

http://www.daoming.net/gb/Soft_Show.asp?SoftID=109

I am not sure whether the clips are the same as the one from www.chinacdm.net because I have not been able to view that one.

Like Lady Zhuge said, CDM was his usual self, in fact more friendly with the press because there had been complains that he was not too friendly with the media in the past. He even brought his chair closer to where the reporters were sitting.

I did hunt for CDM's dramas during my holidays but unfortunately none was available from the rental shop that I went to. I guess the people here are more interested in Korean and Japanese dramas.

Anyway, I do hope to get to watch ZGSLH sooner or later.

LiYuanZhi, my parents are looking forward to watching ZGSLH as well. It's one of those shows that seems to appeal to middle-age people the most, since they can best identify with the situation the characters are in. Did you not watch the show with your mom? I'm interested in watching CDM's performance, as he never puts forth anything but his best. He is definitely a diverse actor who will continue to thrive in the entertainment industry for years to come.

Hi survivor_gal! I'm so glad to see you back. I didn't think that you'd stopped being a fan of CDM's, but just that you were on vacation or busy with school.

I've seen several interviews with CDM in the past and he never came off as unfriendly to me. He was always candid and sometimes just serious, which is cool, but can be misinterpreted. He is someone who never wastes a breath. In this particular interview, he really went all out to be more open. I wish there was more of the actual interviewing, since it seemed like a lot of it was cut out. I guess that's why it's just a news clip.

Aw, too bad your rental shop doesn't have any of his dramas. You should complain and request that they get some. Either that, or CDM will have to start making some Korean and Japanese dramas.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady ZhuGe: I watched snippets of it with mum... and CDM seemed really in character. I dont think I've seen a single of his shows in which he wasn't in character. What's probably the best about him is that he is famous because of his talents, not his looks, unlike lots of actors these days.

Anyway... talking about good actors, since your user name is Lady Zhu Ge, you seem to like Zhu Ge Liang from romance of three kingdoms. I presume you've seen the chinese series (which was an absolute classic) made a few years back? The actor who played Zhu Ge Liang (and also Emperor Yong Zheng in Yong Zheng Wang Chao) was absolutely brilliant. In my mind, Zhu Ge Liang is exactly like him... that's how good he was. His name was Tang Guo Qiang... but he seemed to have not acted in series recently???
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情