Thread: what is the single strongest move in the Jin Yong universe?

Default what is the single strongest move in the Jin Yong universe?

Not sure if its been discussed, but I was genuinely curious. I really have no clue.

I'd imagine Xuzhu executing The Proud Dragon Repents should be near the top.

Sweeper Monk's tap, of course. Or anything he does, really.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Sweeper Monk's tap, of course. Or anything he does, really.
    Nonsense! The most powerful breaks all defeats all enemies and common sense move is Chong'Er's _Surprising Positioning of the Sword_.

Even Sweeper's tap met some hindrance from a Xiao Feng attack. Chong'Er's surprising positioning of the sword defeated everything it surprised. And it surprised everything it met.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Nonsense! The most powerful breaks all defeats all enemies and common sense move is Chong'Er's _Surprising Positioning of the Sword_.

Even Sweeper's tap met some hindrance from a Xiao Feng attack. Chong'Er's surprising positioning of the sword defeated everything it surprised. And it surprised everything it met.
    FQY's and DGQB's suprising positioning of the sword would be theoretically even stronger.

FCY and DGKB were never proven 'on screen'.

Maybe they never got into all the adverse situations which LHC was forced into. It was said the stronger the opponent, the stronger and more miraculous Dg9J becomes.

FCY and DGKB were never proven 'on screen'.

Maybe they never got into all the adverse situations which LHC was forced into. It was said the stronger the opponent, the stronger and more miraculous Dg9J becomes.
    How would LHC deal with the hail of arrows thast Jet Li was subjected to at the end of Hero?

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Gonna play devil's advocate here.

What about the Dragon-Elephant stance at its highest level? GWM got to level 10 had he was stronger than the Greats?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    How would LHC deal with the hail of arrows thast Jet Li was subjected to at the end of Hero?
    Look at PJ's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Jin Yong's pen; if he doesn't write it, it doesn't happen.
    in this case, wouldn't his keyboard be stronger?

Bravo CC. I retract my narrow-scoped, all-too-common thought process. This is especially shameful considering my signature! Me go sit in a corner now.

Jin Yong's pen; if he doesn't write it, it doesn't happen.
    Actually, it should be JY's 5th grade teacher's kindness which influenced his thought process.

But if you really want to trace to the origin, it would be the Creation of Earth which made this possible.

lets not get too technical here.

#inb4god

Wouldn't Liu Mai Shen Jian be the strongest move? I mean he just has to point his finger and you have laser beams full of Chi flowing out that can cut/penetrate through anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    Wouldn't Liu Mai Shen Jian be the strongest move? I mean he just has to point his finger and you have laser beams full of Chi flowing out that can cut/penetrate through anything and everything.
    I think the 6MSJ is technically the most strongest move technically, but in practice, it seems like a glass cannon. 100% offensive capability, but little defense. Think of a modern rifle vs a melee weapon. Point and shoot. If you don't have the skills to keep your opponent at a distance or slip out of their grasps when you're cornered, you're dead. If you don't hit your opponent in the first couple shots, you're dead. It needs to be complimented by another set of martial arts for the user to tapped into its full potential. Otherwise, it's pretty situational.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    I think the 6MSJ is technically the most strongest move technically, but in practice, it seems like a glass cannon. 100% offensive capability, but little defense. Think of a modern rifle vs a melee weapon. Point and shoot. If you don't have the skills to keep your opponent at a distance or slip out of their grasps when you're cornered, you're dead. If you don't hit your opponent in the first couple shots, you're dead. It needs to be complimented by another set of martial arts for the user to tapped into its full potential. Otherwise, it's pretty situational.
    It would seem practically impossible to miss a target when using 6 Mak Divine Swords. Not even Kiu Fung wanted to test his reflexes and speed against that particular martial art.

It would seem practically impossible to miss a target when using 6 Mak Divine Swords. Not even Kiu Fung wanted to test his reflexes and speed against that particular martial art.
    Agreed.

Liu Mai Shen Jian is by far the most powerful art and single most strongest move.