Thread: Why didn't Gwok Jing and Wong Yung try to find the Mo Brothers' father?

Default Why didn't Gwok Jing and Wong Yung try to find the Mo Brothers' father?

After the Mo Brothers' mother Mo 3 Leung was killed by Lee Mok Sau, and their father Mo 3 Tung abandoned them in mad grief, the brothers were adopted by Gwok Jing and Wong Yung and raised by the couple at Peach Blossom Island. The Gwoks raised them well, but why didn't they try to locate the boys' father instead? Mo 3 Tung was an old friend of theirs, after all, so wouldn't they try to reunite the man with his sons?

I thought they did reunite later on?

Originally posted by rabadi
    I thought they did reunite later on?
    Yes, they did, but that was by chance, and not until years later. You'd think that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung would have either personally searched for Mo 3 Tung or sent agents from the Beggar's Union to do it back when the Mo Brothers were still boys.

they wanted to have some boys for YG to play with when he was little...

little did they know they would beat his *** everyday.

but i think it was more because they COULDN'T find the guy...i mean, why didn't HR look for H7G after a while? it's because those types of guys are not easily found (even though W3T and H7G shouldn't really be mentioned in the same breath). it was probably a less active search as well after the wu brothers became more attached to the guo couple, as well as guo fu.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

The kids were better off with them than their crazy father.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    You'd think that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung would have either personally searched for Mo 3 Tung or sent agents from the Beggar's Union to do it back when the Mo Brothers were still boys.
    It was not actually written in the book but left open for us to assume it was the right thing to do? I personally think they did send people to search for him. And probably found him already with Yi Deng again, recovering and so on... so on...
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

I suppose they want to do so but they are extremely busy with the enemy. As you can see, even their own daughter and those two guys, none of them got a good kongfu skills. I think they even do not have time to teach them properly. I guess that they try to find him via the networking systems of Beggar Clan.

I think from what other people said here, seems correct as the father probably wasn't mentally well to take care of his sons, so GJ and WY took them under their wings and house them. Until the father recovered and was better. I mean the mother was probably the only one that took care of them all those 10+ years, and so when she died, the father was still wondering around and couldn't possibily be a good parent...

Ah....I see..simple logic...no?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I suppose they want to do so but they are extremely busy with the enemy. As you can see, even their own daughter and those two guys, none of them got a good kongfu skills. I think they even do not have time to teach them properly. I guess that they try to find him via the networking systems of Beggar Clan.
    I think Ken was talking about the time they spent at Peach Blossom Island. They were not fighting "the enemy" during this time. The most logical reason would be they did not want those boys to be raised by a crazy man.

So, what were they doing in the Peach Blossom Island? Their daughter including those two guys's kongfu is scrap! Since they did not busy with the enemy, why didn't they teach them?

Originally posted by Thai guy
    So, what were they doing in the Peach Blossom Island? Their daughter including those two guys's kongfu is scrap! Since they did not busy with the enemy, why didn't they teach them?
    They did, but not everybody whose teacher has great martial arts is automatically going to become a great fighter himself/herself. As great fighters as they were, Gwok Jing and Wong Yung were not necessarily great martial arts *teachers*, and even if they were, the Mo Brothers and Gwok Fu would have to be talented learners (which they evidently were not).

It makes you wonder how Yeung Gor's martial arts would have turned out had he spent several years training under Gwok Jing's tutelage. He might have arrived at Greathood sooner.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Did you know that the brothers actually know some stances of the HL18Z? You see they did learn something, just not strong.