Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yang Guo vs. You Tan Zhi

Default Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Zhen Yu Cao
    Although ROCH speaks volumes about YG's inner strength (wave incident), I as most people, don't think he can take YTZ through Sad Palms. However, I don't think palm encounters would be critical or anywhere near for YG.
    Sad Palms isn't just a pure direct palm blast and nothing else kung fu. YG can use other parts of his body and the whole thing has stances and techniques. So using Sad Palms doesn't mean he has to plainly match palms with YTZ.

Hm...., I think ZWJ would be able to handle it. GJ at 56 most likely be able to handle it when he dishes out L and R with XL18Z and Vacant Fist at the same time (like in his battle against H7G). YG...., well, I personally think he can take it, but he has to be careful as he only has one arm. However, YG has the advantage in Light kung fu. Well, when Melacholic Sad Palm at it's max, it should be able to take it. No need to talk about XZ, his internal is unmatched. XF should be able to take it, though not sure. But I have no doubt XF can take it when he is in beserk mode.

No need to talk about XZ, his internal is unmatched
    What do you mean unmatched? What about sweeper monk?

Now that the consensus is YG=GJ=XF, what is the verdict? YG creams YTZ? I think the Sad Palms are capable of creaming YTZ, because although it is pure Yang in its power, it is with great ingenuity. But i always look down on YTZ's abilities.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Now that the consensus is YG=GJ=XF, what is the verdict? YG creams YTZ? I think the Sad Palms are capable of creaming YTZ, because although it is pure Yang in its power, it is with great ingenuity. But i always look down on YTZ's abilities.
    Man! How far down did you dig to unearth this?

Anyway, my post #41 is still my answer. As long YG doesn't rely on straight up palm blasts, he'll own YTZ in less then a minute.

I think even sub-greats like DYQ and DCQ or XC can own YTZ as long as they find out his weakness.
    Last edited by CC; 09-18-06 at 08:45 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

it's kinda funny how people a few years ago rated XF way above YG and now they are on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    it's kinda funny how people a few years ago rated XF way above YG and now they are on the same page
    I still rate XF above YG!

YG takes the win after 300 moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    Let's not take this too far, now. Most now believe that Kiu Fung and Yeung Gor's martial arts are closer than they once did, but Kiu Fung is still probably the superior of the two when you come right down to it (just that the margin is considered smaller than it used to be).

Was You Tan Zhi really that powerful? I've never read Demi-Gods, but I've got the impression from adaptations that he became much stronger after reading the Yi Ji Jing and was able to last longer against Xiao Feng. I didn't know that he'd be more than a match for the people in the Condor Heroes Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by CDonC
    Was You Tan Zhi really that powerful? I've never read Demi-Gods, but I've got the impression from adaptations that he became much stronger after reading the Yi Ji Jing and was able to last longer against Xiao Feng. I didn't know that he'd be more than a match for the people in the Condor Heroes Trilogy.
    In 2nd edition, his YJJ hybrid* gave him powerful abilities. His speed became extremely fast, he could move in on experts like DCQ in a blink. The YJJ also gave him powerful protection, he was injured by DCQ but his body restored the chi and blood flow automatically while DCQ continued to strike him with palms and once he recovered, could push DCQ backwards. The raw power of his YJJ also allowed him to take XF's full power blows without any apparant problems.

The YJJ also gave him some sort of unconcious reflex. When XF attacked him, his body can dodge subconciously. That kind of gives him a 'formless' ability.

I am not sure which of the above changed in the 3rd ed.

*hybrid because it was 60% YJJ bastardised with an ultimate poison which made it even more deadly.

In fact, YTZ injuries were actually due to his own palm (he attacked DCQ but then pulled it back since Ah Zhi was in the way). After YTZ hit himself, DCQ attacked him with multiple palms but after blocking a few, his chi recirculated and he was able to knock DCQ back.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    *hybrid because it was 60% YJJ bastardised with an ultimate poison which made it even more deadly.
    So what he had was part YJJ and part of the poison that Ah Zhi made him absorb?

It seems to be a deal with his YJJ reacting against the cold poison and thus growing stronger. Although his inner power did include the ice silkworm deal (how a poison gets converted to poisonous inner power, don't ask me).

Interestingly enough it is said that if YTZ learned the full YJJ the silkworm poison would have been swept away completely.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    It seems to be a deal with his YJJ reacting against the cold poison and thus growing stronger. Although his inner power did include the ice silkworm deal (how a poison gets converted to poisonous inner power, don't ask me).

Interestingly enough it is said that if YTZ learned the full YJJ the silkworm poison would have been swept away completely.
    YJJ allows one to harmonise one's energies so if YTZ learnt the full YJJ, the poison isn't 'lost', just converted into orthodox power.

I wonder if YTZ can just 'power up' by going round ingesting all deadly poisons and converting them or merging them with his YJJ.

Weren't Qiu Qianren and Huang Yaoshi supposed to increase inner power through absorbing poison and then using inner power to push it out? Or maybe that was just QQR (since HYS had his Bagua steps or whatever it was).

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Weren't Qiu Qianren and Huang Yaoshi supposed to increase inner power through absorbing poison and then using inner power to push it out? Or maybe that was just QQR (since HYS had his Bagua steps or whatever it was).
    HYS used the Metal Eight Trigrams to aid his 'Bi Kong' Zhang. I thought Iron Palms was practised by training your palms at boiling sand over a few hundred degree celsius.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    HYS used the Metal Eight Trigrams to aid his 'Bi Kong' Zhang. I thought Iron Palms was practised by training your palms at boiling sand over a few hundred degree celsius.
    I remember reading other people talking about HYS's Bi Kong Zhang, but where is it in the novel? I don't remember reading it. I usually see HYS use Falling Divine Sword Palm.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I thought Bi Kong Zhang referred to the ability to project palm wind, not a specific palm skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raden Wijaya View Post
    You Tan Zhi would win it, like Ken said he had a large amount of inner power plus his deadly poison.
    YG wasn't immune to poison and I don't think that YG sad palm & Heavy Iron Sword could overcome that.
    YG must used Ah Zhi as a prisoner so that YTZ would surrender easily (this's just a joke).
    Bukankah Guo'er mampu palm to palm melawan post 16 years Jinlun dan nurut ku "kekuatan" pukulan Jinlun = DGSD Elites so jika Xiao Feng cuman merasa gkk nyaman aja beradu tangan ama YTZ (tanpa efek keracunan) maka harusnya Guo'er pun juga demikian di tambah secara overall skill Guo'er =/~ Xiao Feng