Thread: JY's Sequel, anyone?

Default JY's Sequel, anyone?

Too lazy to make it a poll, although perhaps I should. Anyway, supposing JY decides to write a SEQUEL of one of his novels, which of the following novel would you guys and galls like to have a sequel:
    1. DGSD
    2. HSDS
    3. Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain
    4. Xia Ke Xing/Hap Hak Hang
    5. Linked Cities/LSK (Ling Sing Kuet)
    6. SOD
    7. DOMD

Note: for this discussion only, let's assume that Book & Sword, The Young Flying Fox, and Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain are trilogy, that's why I only include Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain on the list above. Also, let's assume that DOMD is Sword Stained in Royal Blood's sequel, so again I only include DOMD on the list. I am not familiar with other JY's novels and the short story, so I also decide to leave them out. No explanation necessary for LOCH and ROCH, since we all do know that together with HSDS they are already trilogy.

Actually, I would like JY to write a sequal for ROCH, telling us about events that happen immediately or a few years after ROCH not 100 years after. But since ROCH is not in your list, I choose Xia Ke Xing. Xia Ke Xing ends with an unsolved mystery (the real identity of Shi PoTian) and I want JY to give a clear answer to who is Shi PoTian.

DGSD and ROCH
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

If sequels are written for some of the stuff like XKX, DGSD and SOD it will end up focussing on totally new characters since the old ones are so souped up that they can bash up anyone. And who wants to read a DGSD sequel about pansy boy and no Xiao Feng.

CC is correct. A sequel does not necessarily mean another story for the main hero. It could be about the hero's descendants. So, in the pansy boy case, it could be about his son/daughter

DGSD for sure, same reason as CC's plus wanna know about Xu Zhu and Xiao Yao Martial arts, and Murong Fu.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Yeah I rather have a sequel or spinoff if you will about ROCH. Focussing on Guo Xiang and Zhang Sanfeng. Come to think of it, besides the Yue Sword Maiden, Jin Yong hardly ever had a female main character for a novel.

I'm interested more in Guo PoLu. Don't know why, but I have always has a special interest in Guo Xiang's twin even though he is a totally insignificant character.

It would be a good idea to have a sequal to ROCH that focus on the twins.

thats pretty impossible considering pulo dies in xiangyang unless jy shows how the guo's gets wiped out at xiang yang.

I thought he died at around 29 years old and he's only 16 in ROCH. There's still plenty of story to tell.

Guo PoLu probably spent most of his time alongside his mom and dad defending Xiang Yang, so imho even if there is a story about him, it wouldn't be that much. A pity, actually.

i want a connection of yellow lady from hsds and yg. Also i like to see what dy did to 6 mai if it was ever passed down. What happened to xiao yao and if stupid overated dugu was really that good.