Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Cool

Originally posted by SSan
    About BFF, though she is scary and good in playing innocent but she is not such a b**ch like LXE.
    I actually liked Bai Fei Fei more than Chu Qi Qi! I still dislike Bai Fei Fei, but Chu Qi Qi just irritates me! Bai Fei Fei is way better than Lin Xian Er. At least she has an acceptable reason for her actions. By the way, when Ah Fei said his home was Shen's Inn (to Lin Xian Er) in the earlier part of the novel, was it anything to do with Shen Lang?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by Goofy
    I am looking forward to reading about this Bai girl then.

BTW, ah Fei struck me as a one-woman man. I couldn't see that he would easily recover his tormented experience with Xin er and ended up with a new girl.... unless she was as cute as the storyteller's granddaughter.

Meh, thank you for such wonderful story so far. Hope you will soon update it.
    When I said "Ah Fei fell for her", I meant XianEr. BFF is his mother.

Originally posted by Charbydis By the way, when Ah Fei said his home was Shen's Inn (to Lin Xian Er) in the earlier part of the novel, was it anything to do with Shen Lang?
    Shen Lang is likely his father.

Wink

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Shen Lang is likely his father.
    I knew that but I was referring to the fact that Shen Land left Bai Fei Fei, and they didn't end up together. So how would Ah Fei end up living in Shen's Inn, if that is where Shen Lang lived. Does Ah Fei know Shen Lang is his father? And does Shen Lang knwo he has a son?

By the way, does Ah Fei's sword techniques come from that manual/scroll that Bai Fei Fei had?

Thanx for answering.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Cool

Tigerwong, I understand that.

What I meant is that since there were Ah Fei's descendent in other stories, it could only mean that he took a wife and that made me wonder what kind of woman would he fall in love for the second time...
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Tigerwong, I understand that.

What I meant is that since there were Ah Fei's descendent in other stories, it could only mean that he took a wife and that made me wonder what kind of woman would he fall in love for the second time...
    A much nicer one, I'm sure.

Originally posted by charbydis
    I knew that but I was referring to the fact that Shen Land left Bai Fei Fei, and they didn't end up together. So how would Ah Fei end up living in Shen's Inn, if that is where Shen Lang lived. Does Ah Fei know Shen Lang is his father? And does Shen Lang knwo he has a son?

By the way, does Ah Fei's sword techniques come from that manual/scroll that Bai Fei Fei had?

Thanx for answering.
    Shen Lang moved to an island so Ah Fei would have lived w. just his mother. Ah Fei probably knows Shen Lang is his dad, but I don't think Shen Lang knows about Ah Fei. I think Ah Fei's sword techniques were self-taught.

Whohoo, huge updates by Meh! gogogo ^^;;
    Heh, that part about Ah Fei and Wu Ming sure was interesting. Almost like opposite extremes of something. Ah well keep up the good work
    Wandering the world,
    Sword in hand,
    Searching for a challenge,
    Begging for a loss...

Cool

I would like to know what's in that manual of Shen Lang that reputed to be at the Li's.

Even Shangguan who was the second rank wanted it...

I would like to know what's in that manual of Shen Lang that reputed to be at the Li's.

Even Shangguan who was the second rank wanted it...
    Like Sun XiaoHong said, that was only a rumor started by Lin XianEr.

From Meh's translation
    Only then did Sun Xiao Hong continue, “Because he heard that before Shen Lang retired, he gave your father two martial art manuals. After only learning from one of the manuals, your Little Li’s Flying Dagger is already peerless in the martial world. If someone learns both, one can only imagine the results. So even ShangGuan JinHong can’t help himself.”

Li Xun Huan paused a moment before responding, “If this is really true, then how could I not know?”

Sun Xiao Hong said, “I realize that this is just a rumor started by Lin Xian Er. Shen Lang is extremely intelligent, so why would he purposely leave the manuals for people to fight over?”

She smiled. “Even if he did leave some manuals, he won’t do so at your house. Why would he want to bring such trouble to a friend?”

Li Xun Huan sighed, “That’s right.”

Cool

so, that manual didn't exist? I always understood that the manual existed but was only rumored to be at the Li's.

so, that manual didn't exist? I always understood that the manual existed but was only rumored to be at the Li's.
    I don't believe Shen Lang ever created a manual that he left behind.

Cool

thank you for clearing that up.

Meh, when are you going to update again?

Do anybody know where LXH learn his martial art..?
    and can someone give me the ranking in the weapon ranking book..?(dun know wat the book is called..hehhee)

really addicted to this story...
    thanx for the translation...

Originally posted by pasqualle
    Do anybody know where LXH learn his martial art..?
    They never say where he learned it. But I think his dagger skill is self taught. It's pretty unique and I don't think anyone else could have been that good with it. Otherwise, that person would be a legend too.

and can someone give me the ranking in the weapon ranking book..?(dun know wat the book is called..hehhee)

really addicted to this story...
    thanx for the translation...
    Look under the topic: Character List for HSDS and XLFD in this forum.

still no update today

To TigerWong, I had a feeling that LXH's dagger skills were selt taught too. That's what makes it so special... How good was his student compared to him? I heard that Yip Hoi was good at using the dagger too. But how good is he really?? I don't think he is as good as his master right?? Also, what did Sun Xiao Hong do that makes her such a likable character?? I know that she is sweet, smart, cute and all that. But did she do anything in particular that made readers like her character so much? Why did LXH finally fall for her since he doesn't easily fall for anyone, especially after his sad love story with Lin Shi Yin. thanks!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

she's overall a very optimistic person. she's also very driven in whatever she pursues. GL described her as a very liberated and individualistic woman way ahead of its time. his opinion of her is indeed high. I think he went as far as saying that because there are people like her, women's acceptance by the society is able to progress through history. ok, maybe I'm a little bit off on the exact translation of what GL said in the novel, but nevertheless, with my limited exposure to GL novels, I think this is the best praise he had for any women (thus far).

but, I personally thought GL also had a small contradiction as well when writing about her.

oh yeah, I'm reading Eagle Fly in September now. honestly, I can't tell too much difference between LXH's dagger skill and YH's dagger skill thus far. I just think it's the dagger that's magical. but YH doesn't kill a whole lot of people, so it seems.
    Last edited by dan J; 09-25-03 at 08:12 AM.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

TO DanJ, Thanks for your response. I guess I need to read the translation when I have time. But I am too busy with school now. I really want to read it since XLFD is one of my favorite GU Long stories. I heard YH is good with the dagger but don't know how good. I heard he doesn't really kill either. Did you know how LXH accepted him as a student since I don't think LXH accepts students easily. Isn't YH his only student??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

to dan j,

I wonder where you read the description of SXH by GL. I don't remember if Meh has translated those part or not. Where do you read Eagle Flying??? Is it also translalted? Tks!!

I seem to remember someone on this forum posted that the inner power manual that Sum Long practices is the same one that princess practices on Legendary Siblings.
    Yo momma cat