Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Vixen's Tale

Default The Vixen's Tale

Anyone remember this series? I've seen it loooong time ago but to refresh my memory in this series, I've watched it again recently. Everyone looked so different especially Roger Kwok, Sheren Tang, Bobby Au Yeung, Cutie Miu and the lovely Yammie Lam. I believe this series was back in the late 80s or early 90s.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Anyone remember this series? I've seen it loooong time ago but to refresh my memory in this series, I've watched it again recently. Everyone looked so different especially Roger Kwok, Sheren Tang, Bobby Au Yeung, Cutie Miu and the lovely Yammie Lam. I believe this series was back in the late 80s or early 90s.

Ooopss.....sorry, posted in the wrong thread. Should be in TVB Series thread.

Moderator: Appreciate if you could move this out of here. Thx!
    Last edited by bubcas; 02-09-05 at 12:15 PM.

Yea, I remember this series. It was really sweet and touching... It was made in 1989. I saw it again not too long ago too. Everyone did look really different...Yammie was so beautiful in this series..What do you think of it? I thought that Ho Mei Yee was evil but kind of funny in here as well...Did you recognize Hugo Ng??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'm only up to episode 7. I've totally forgotten the entire story line of this series since the last time I watched it in 1989. Yes, Hugo was the emperor's brother. Is Ho Mei Yee the evil fox who played as Sheren's mother? And yes, Yammie is so, so beautiful in this series and it was funny when she disguised herself as a guy just to find out more about Roger.

I didn't remember the storyline at first myself. Yea, Ho Mei yee is the one that plays Sheren's mom. She is evil but kind of funny at the same time. The ending is sad for Sheren. Yammie and Roger end up together due to Sheren's sacrifice. It gets sad later on though... Yammie dies and becomes a spirit but is always around Roger and tries to take care of him. If you like yammie, you should see Hier to the Throne and her other series. My favorite series of her is Heir to the throne is.. She is so cute with Andy Lau.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Oh yeah, I remember something happened to Yammie, she died and became the spirit. It's been a long time ago but thanks for refreshing my memory. I'm at episode 8 now but it's kinda boring, the scenes are mostly about the emperor and Hugo Ng. I always like Yammie when she acted in TVB.

Default Yammie Lam

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting...(patiently I might add) for this series to be released by TVB on VCDs like they always do with their super great series. So any word on this yet?

By the way, doesn't Gao Yuan Yuan look a little like Yammie Lam????

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    I've been waiting and waiting and waiting...(patiently I might add) for this series to be released by TVB on VCDs like they always do with their super great series. So any word on this yet?

By the way, doesn't Gao Yuan Yuan look a little like Yammie Lam????
    Not sure if TVB released this series or not.

Only at a certain angle of Gao Yuan Yuan's feature looked like Yammie. I would say more on her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I didn't remember the storyline at first myself. Yea, Ho Mei yee is the one that plays Sheren's mom. She is evil but kind of funny at the same time. The ending is sad for Sheren. Yammie and Roger end up together due to Sheren's sacrifice. It gets sad later on though... Yammie dies and becomes a spirit but is always around Roger and tries to take care of him. If you like yammie, you should see Hier to the Throne and her other series. My favorite series of her is Heir to the throne is.. She is so cute with Andy Lau.
    Hi Trinie!! I'm done watching this series and YES it was a very sweet and touching series with a good ending. I'm re-watching some part of this series especially scenes with Roger & Yammie. Both of them are so perfect for each other especially Yammie, even tho she is dead but she still portect Roger from Sheren's charm and her Mom's evilness.

I've not seen Heir to The Throne Is yet. Maybe I will one day. Thanks for your recommendation.

Hi Bubcas!
    YOu finished the series?? The ending was kind of sad but sweet too. Yea, you really should see Heir to the throne is.. That is already on VCD in Chinese and DVD in Viet. I just hate the fact that TVB still edits out parts though. There are many good scenes that should not be missed.

I thought that I was the only one that noticed... I think GYY does look like Yammie at certain angles...

ABout when this serise will be released on VCD in Chinese, no one knows. YOu will just have to wait. So far the series with her that are released(ancient ones anyway) are:
    -Heir to throne is
    -THe Return of Wong Fei Hong(with ANdy)
    -I think the Possessed is out if I remember correctly
    -The final combat
    I think all of her ancient series from TVB are out except for this one. She was recently in Love in a Miracle from ATV. But was only in there for a short period of time.... What a pity.. I heard her acting was good though. SHe is forever one of my most favorites actresses...

Hello Trinie!!

Somehow I don't like to see Sheren with Roger in this series. In this series, not sure if you did noticed that Gordon Lam and Wayne Lai had some minor roles. Guess it was before they are popular. On this series I watched it in DVD, so I'm not sure if they are actually edited or not. The funniest part that got me laughing was when Cutie took Roger to the temple to take a sneak peek at his future wife but every time he peep is her cousin, the chubby one. Cutie is cute with Bobby too. The other scene which is hilarious is on the night Roger "married" Yammie's soul and she appeared in a nice red wedding dress. When she told Roger who she really is, Roger fainted. Which is your favorite scenes?

Yeah, that's the thing when you buy the original VCDs released, most of them are edited to fit the time & sizes on each VCD. I saw The Final Combat long time ago too but as usual, I forgot most of it.

I've seen Love In A Miracle, and I agree that Yammie only appear in the first few episodes and her character was casted off when she is dead. I was also hoping to see more of her. Like you, she is also my all time favorite actress.

I'm still trying to look for her older TVB series like the modern ones. Maybe just have to wait.

Bubcas, you watched The Vixens Tale on DVD? Where did you get the DVD? Do you know how I can order this DVD set?

I would def prefer DVDs over VCDs...and youre right, most of the TVB series released by TVB on VCDs are usually edited and cut, leaving many people frustrated....They should leave it uncut and lower the cost as well...its not like their VCDs are very clear in the first place..

hi Bubcas!
    I agree and am glad that Roger ended up with yammie instead. I felt sorry for Sheren though. Oh yea, did you know that my mom and I thought it was really funny when Ho Mei Yee played the evil fox spirit. One moment she would be her fox mother, then the next moment she would just change clothes, put on a moustache and beard and then become her fox father. I thought that was funny...
    Hm... I think the DVDs that you have are probably transferred over from the VHS tapes.They probably aren't originals right??? Because as far as I know, this series has not been officially released yet. TVB DOES release their series on DVD too, but I think they are still edited like the VCDs.

Oh yea, that scene was extremely funny..... Cutie was really cute in this series too. Roger flinched when he saw yammie's cousin since she was kind of fat....
    That is one of my favorite scenes too. I like the ending scene when Roger and Yammie were together... There are other scenes that I like too, but don't remember at the moment.

Don't worry, yammie's modern series will be released sooner or later. Did you see her in the Return of Wong Fei Hong with Andy?? I love her in there too, but the story is sooo sad. She and Andy could not be together. My favorite series of her is still Heir to the throne is.. Gosh, she is so sweet, cute and innocent in there... Do you want me to tell you about it?? I saw that series many times and memorized almost everything in there....

Glad to see another fan of Yammie here. She seems to be forgotten. I heard that her part was cut short in Love in a Miracle due to her illness and the rest of the cast wasn't getting along with her. I hope she will get better and have a happy life because she deserves it.

Hello Trinie!!

Me too, I wanted Yammie to end with Roger but at the same time it is logical for Sheren can't be with Roger since she is a fox. Yammie also sacrificed a lot for Roger and so to speak she died for him even tho it is by accident. Yes, I think the fox mother & father is funny too. They had dual personality.

Unfortunately, I can't rent TVB series here due to the distance I live. I happened to know someone who sells the DVD & VCDs and I bought from her thru mail order. If I can, usually I'll buy originals too but sometime have to wait long for it to release.

Hey, now I can remember almost every scenes of Yammie & Roger. I just don't get tired of watching it over & over again. The most touching part is when she spent her last night before she is vanishing to be reincarnated, she expressed to Roger how deep her love is to him, of coz Roger felt bad if only he known how pretty and kind hearted she is. I broke into tears on that part.

I've not seen the Return of WFGH with Andy Lau stars in it. The only one I saw is the one with Dicky Cheung & Gigi Lai in 1992. Erm...better not tell me about Heir Where the Throne Is, I might seen it before but I forgot. I will get the series soon.

I've always been Yammie's fan since I was young. Sad to say, Yammie is the actress who are difficult to work with. I heard about it in the news, she can't get along with other crews in most of the series she is in. Plus some said she had mental illness and trying to overcome her depression after she lost her money in shares. Anyway, we wish her well.
    Last edited by bubcas; 02-15-05 at 01:52 PM.

Hi Bubcas!!

Even though I do like yammie and Roger together, I still felt sorry for Sharen since she also sacrificed a lot for Roger. Yea, the fox mother and father are so funny. I remember during one of the last scenes when she gave up her "pearl"( I think that is what you call it) to Sharen. Then Sharen asked her what she would do without her, but she said that it her fox father's... Gosh, that was really selfish of her but it was kind of funny as well.

WHere do you live? The store that I used to rent from is only about 30 minutes away. Plus, there are many other stores that I can rent from. But I hate the owner since she is sooo annoying. The only reason that I like renting from that lady is because she has all of the old series. But now since they are coming out on VCD and DVD, I don't need to rent from her. I think it will be worth waiting for the official release.

Oh yea, I love that part too. I love all of the scenes with Yammie and Roger too. One of my friends like yammie a lot too and like her the most in the Vixen's Tale. Besides Heir to the throne, I like her the most in here too.

Ok I won't tell you about Heir the throne is, I think if you remember, you will love yammie a lot. She is so sweet in there too. You should the return of WFH if you have the chance. Yammie is sweet in there too, but the story is really sad.....

Actually, yammie wasn't like that back then. I am a long time fan of her and many other stars from the 80s. I heard that her parents both passed away and her first boyfriend committed suicide in 1986. She was sooo depressed... I mean, all of the tramatic events in her life made her become the way she is. She was fine with most of the stars back in the 80s. I heard that she really enjoyed filming The Vixen's Tale with the cast and so did they. It was just Love in a Miracle that she didn't get along with the cast due to her mental illness. I feel so sad for her and hope that she will recover soon. Did you know that her closest friends from the circle are Margie Tsang and Sandra Ng? They came to see her in the hospital too. Yea, we all wish her well always....

Hi Trinie!

Sheren did sacrificed a lot for Roger especially when she gave her "pearl" to him and then she turned old just to make him alive again. But somehow, in this series she don't match with Roger compare to Yammie. Also, if you still remember Yammie have no kissing scenes with Roger but with Sheren only....darn...I was hoping they will. I was a bit lost on the last episode when Yammie's soul vanished and Sheren buried herself in the cave and told Roger to find a dead body no longer than 3 hours after he/she died. What is the dead body of no more than 3 hours got to do with Sheren or is it for Yammie? Then when Roger found the sick girl who died, her coffin was brought outside the cave where Sheren was buried but nothing happened. The "pearl" is inside the cave bouncing and Sheren did not turn back into a human when her Mother was inside telling her to wake up. Then the "pearl" went up to Heaven and the Goddess said something that I do not understand. The next scene is Yammie appeared in Roger's garden in his new home. How did it happen? Do you understand what actually happened?

My favorite costume that Yammie worn in The Vixen's Tale is the white & purple one.

I live in Northern California and the nearest TVB store is one & half hour drive plus the store only had VHS tapes. Plus I have to rent the complete series and to return all the tapes in one month. If I buy the VCD or DVD, I can watch it any time any day I want plus if I like the series, I will watch it over & over again. Where do you live? The store is 30 mins away from your house?

I read the storyline of Heir The Throne Is, looks interesting and I don't think I've seen it before.

Hey, same here I'm a long time fan of Yammie and other 80s TVB stars too. Yammie's life is very sad and when her boyfriend died, she was half way acting in Heir The Throne Is but she managed to pull it very well to finish this series. I prefer older TVB series unlike the latest ones. The older TVB series are more meaningful and the ending is not a disappointment or question mark to it. Have you seen any of her modern series? I saw her in A Taste of Bachelorhood with Lawrence Ng but the leading actress is Teresa Mo in this series. I'm still trying to find this series in VCD so that I can re-watch it again. Yes, I heard that her closest friends are Margie & Sandra. In fact, Margie graduated with her in the academy school of acting. Since Roger is still acting with TVB, I wish Yammie will return to TVB and pair with Roger again. Maybe wishful thinking huh?

Hi Bubcas!!
    Hm... I don't remember the kissing scenes... But I do remember that Roger and yammie didn't have any. I wish they did too. They had a lot of chemistry in here. I love Yammie with Andy Lau a lot and wished that they were together in more series. It has been awhile since I saw the series too so I don't really remember. I also must say that I don't really understand that part myself when I was watching it.
    Yea, I love the outfit too. I think yammie looked really beautiful in here. Her outfits in Hier to the Throne is really nice too.
    Hey, I live in Northern California too. I live in Concord(the SF bay area), but am in school at Sacramento(the state capital) right now.Which city do you live in?Yea, most of the stores only rent out VHS and gosh the quality for the old series are so bad.... Some of them can't even be watched anymore.The store that I am talking about is called Hong Kong Video and is in Oakland, which is about 30 minutes from my home.Yea, I agree that I would rather have series on DVD/VCD so we always have it to watch anytime we want to. We don't have to keep on re-renting it.
    I think you will like Heir to the throne is a lot. Yammie is so cute with Andy in there. Her costumes are really nice too.She sacrifices for Andy towards the end too. Let me know when you see it so we can talk about it ok?
    I am not a big fan of modern series, but have seen one of her modern series. I think she is known more for her modern roles. I saw one of her with Alex Man, Sharen Tang and Jimmy Wong too. I forgot the name of it though. I don't think A Taste of bachorhood is officially out yet. I think it will be sooner or later. I heard that yammie had some problems with TVB in the past so I doubt she will act for them anymore. But you never know if she will or not. Did you ever hear about her getting the role of Zhao Min in HSDS?? I heard that she was supposed to get the role in the 86 version instead of Kitty Lai. But she had an argument with TVB so they gave the role to Kitty. What a pity! I would have loved to see yammie in that role. But then again, I don't really like that character very much. What do you think?

Hello Trinie!!

As much as I love ancient series, some of the scripts are spoken in ancient chinese language, so I don't really understand either. Some parts of the series, I have no idea what they are talking about .

What a coincidence, you also live in Northern CA. I live in Yuba City and I had to drive to Sacramento to rent the TVB series. Since you are in Sacto, I'm sure you know where is Stockton Blvd by Florin. There is a TVB store opened by the Vietnamese Chinese, that's where I used to rent. In fact, I was thinking of going there this long weekend to check out some older TVB series.

Yeah, I will need to get the Heir to the Throne is and we can talk about it. You can even PM me if you want to.

Sad to see Yammie have problem with TVB. I think her personality changed ever since she had depression problems. She look very pretty in ancient costume. And same here, I'm not much into modern series especially the latest released ones. I prefer to watch older TVB series. Does Kitty Lai still acting?

Hi Bubcas!
    I know what you mean, but I actually understand most of the ancient Chinese sayings. I even had classes in which I had to translate poetry and classical Chinese. I guess it was all worth it. But there are still some that are hard to understand.
    This sounds pathetic, but I actually don't know where Stockon Blvd is since I am only in Sacramento for school. I just go to school and home, that's it. I don't go anywhere else. I always to go Oakland Chinatown to rent, but haven't rent in a long time because of school and plus I HATE that the owner of that store.
    Sure, we can talk to each other via PM. But I won't know when you get the series. Let me know when you do ok?
    No, Kitty Lai doesn't act anymore. I am sad to see yammie have all of these problems too. I hope she will get better soon. I love older TVB ancient series too. Some of the new ones are good too. But I watch TVB a lot less then I used to. I now watch series from China, Taiwan and other companies now.

Default The Vixen's Tale

I love this series, I've been looking for it, but I don't know its Vietnamese name. Does any one know please let me know. Thanks