26 25.00%
  • TLBB

18 17.31%
  • ROCH

28 26.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ZJZ Series

Default Best ZJZ Series

Which is the best ZJZ series in your opinion?

1. XAJH
    2. LOCH
    3. TLBB
    4. ROCH06

I like TLBB most,then ROCH06,I dont like LOCH03

You are incredible. I just finished the poll and post it and immediately saw your response.

I prefer in this order:
    XAJH
    TLBB
    LOCH
    ROCH06

All the top 3 were very satisfying to watch but ROCH06 left a bitter after taste and a thoroughly disatisfied feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by LiuYiFei
    I like TLBB most,then ROCH06,I dont like LOCH03
    Last edited by Surferket; 05-21-06 at 07:56 AM.

I have seen all from the list except XAJH. My pick would be LOCH. Didn't like TLBB and found ROCH disappointing.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

XAJH failed to catch my attention whenever Li Ya Peng & Xu Qing (them together only) are off the screen. I've got to give props for Mao Wei Tao who played Dung Fung Bu Bai though.

LOCH is, in my opinion, the best LOCH adaptation. Too bad Zhou Jie was such a poor choice for Yang Kang.

TLBB, no doubt, is the best TLBB adaptation ever made. I have nothing to complain about it.

ROCH, I'm disappointed with the massive editing, but not the actual adaptation itself. I believe that if ZJZ & YM would've released the uncut version with all the more relevant important scenes, then the audience would've cut them some slack.

I liked XAJH the most. I think out of all of the adaptions listed, it gave the most " wuxia feeling" which i found lacking in in most..
    IN XAJH, i loved the fighting, the actress/actors, scenery..

ROCH 06.. too much on love and poor editing.
    TLBB, wasn't bad.. but it wasn't that good
    LOCH is 2nd runner up.. but i found some funny scenes missing and some miscasts ( cough cough Zhou jie *
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Definitely XAJH. For me there's not much to debate over. In terms of classic wuxia feel, good acting, chemistry between the leads, no overuse of CG, XAJH definitely wins it for me. LOCH and TLBB would be tied at 2nd, although i might give the edge to LOCH for the best music. I feel that ROCH could have been brilliant, but kinda fell a bit short. An uncut version would probably still not equal LOCH and TLBB for me though. Still a lack of chemistry between the leads

XAJH... by far, the feel of it to me was grand wuxia like

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b167/volczZz/smiley_md_clr.gif')

XAJH is my favorite. I've seen all save ROCH, but I highly doubt it'll change my mind.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

ROCH06 won't change your mind. I'm watchng Andy's ROCH and it is far far better than 06 despite the cheap production. Acting and storyline is fantastic.

And I'll watch Carmen's version to get a better feel for the various versions of ROCH. But not Fann's cos I really can't stand her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    XAJH is my favorite. I've seen all save ROCH, but I highly doubt it'll change my mind.
    Last edited by Surferket; 05-22-06 at 01:05 PM.

I prefer ROCH the most... coz there's so much romantic scene between two lead actors...

1) LOCH - great production, very polished overall, even the starting and ending theme songs. The story was not rushed. Only problem is Yang Kang's talking a little sissy, some wardrobe mismatch, out of place matrix effects and glorification of Mei Cao Feng. Think it's ZJZ's best.

2) XAJH - Raw and energetic but there were dull moments in between. By far having the best fighting! Did not find Ling Hu Zhong and Ying Ying's chemistry great.

3) ROCH - Did not read the actual novel so was not aware of changes. But very exciting and Guo Xiang lights up the screen more than XLN. YG is so-so. Did not find his relationship with XLN endearing, despite their over-indulgent screen time. Full of fantastical effects; thought I was watching a fantasy in the beginning. The last episode spoilt the whole series for me; it has stupid effect for the final duel and the ending was rushed.

4) Secret of Linked Cities (not by ZJZ) - slow start but picked up speed after that. Good fighting and great male lead (though a bit old). The actresses Mei Dian and Shu Chang were great too. I cared about the relationship between the hero and the actress such that I hoped the ending scene revealed more clearly. Some of you would know what I mean.

5) TLBB - Disappointing, following its release after LOCH. Great and eventful story but unfortunately made out to be draggy in some areas and choppy in others. Glorification of Ah Zhi. Xiao Feng was ok but not having the great but tragic aura I had imagined (like the Russell Crowe's Gladiator). Duan Yu was ok too but his crying was rather fake when his loved ones were killed one by one. Xu Zhu got too little screen time. Mu Rong Fu is not charismatic; stilled looked like the Ou Yang Ke character he played in LOCH, that's the problem of using the same actor.

Think ZJZ seems to be generally getting worse with each production. Maybe is the budget constraints. Probably also because he is using more and more of distasteful CGI which at times seems to make the production more like a fantasy than a wuxia.
    Last edited by cplee; 05-23-06 at 04:26 AM.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

i agree that gx was better than xln in roch06 but still the serial was great
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

XAJH was changed a bit too much.
    And ROCH was just flat down unlucky being limited to only 40 when there was suppose to be 52.
    LOCH's battle were changed and I didn't have a good impression on Hua Shan tournament which wasn't suppose to be just HYS playing his flute and GJ moving all around.
    TLBB was not bad especially with Hu Jun playing XF.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出一阳指功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的一阳指功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

Roch is still leading...prob. bcoz of lyf's fans...but it was not the BEST...lol
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    You are incredible. I just finished the poll and post it and immediately saw your response.

I prefer in this order:
    XAJH
    TLBB
    LOCH
    ROCH06

All the top 3 were very satisfying to watch but ROCH06 left a bitter after taste and a thoroughly disatisfied feeling.
    I agree completely. I'd say XAJH and TLBB are very close and the best I've ever watched, and LOCH trails both but with a considerable margin over ROCH.

With these mainland adaptations,I could only say I love the songs and music within them and the cineamatography in it. As for the way the novels were presented, I still say it's over-rated and heh, I'm just not impressed at all.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

/slaps Suet Seung with a smelly old trout

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    With these mainland adaptations,I could only say I love the songs and music within them and the cineamatography in it. As for the way the novels were presented, I still say it's over-rated and heh, I'm just not impressed at all.

I chose ROCH cos I still enjoy watching it minus the crappy editing and rushed plot and not to mention the ending. The scenary was breathtakingly beautiful and of course for the Yang couple.

I like TLBB but it's a bit drag most of the time except for the love story of Qiu Feng and Ah Zhu. As for the other 2, haven't got the chance to watch them yet.
    be happy

TLBB, no doubt