Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pick your JY's League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Originally posted by rabadi
    BTW, to all of you who included WXB in the team consisting of one or more female member, wouldn't that a bit risky? Like for example, if WXB is in the team together with HR or XLN, I think he would chase after them and *may* jeopardize the mission. Of course my own team is far from perfect too. I put DY in the team with HR. He may fall for her. However, if DY was able to respect XZ and even became sworn-brothers with him eventhough he mistakenly thought at that time that XZ was in love with WYY, then I think even if he falls for HR in my team, he will still respect GJ as the leader. So, in a sense, in the team DY is more *harmless* compared to WXB.
    I think Huang Rong is smart enough to smell WXB's moves. That's why I choose her in my team. She's not just beautiful, a good cook, a talented martial artist, but also the biggest brain.

I could have chosen GX, TSTL, LQS, XLN, AZ, etc.. but they will be probably be tricked and raped easily by WXB
    Last edited by Temujin; 05-13-04 at 02:45 PM.

I'd like to see WXB try his moves on TSTL (but she wasn't pretty, LQS yes). Just think where she is gonna insert the death talisman when WXB pisses her off.

My team:-

1) WXB
    2) XF
    3) XZ
    4) HYS
    5) WCY
    6) LWC
    7) SPT

Note: Based on the setup of a typical SWAT team, spy organization etc.

WCY as team leader.
    HYS as strategist
    XZ as medic
    WXB as spy, double agent
    LWC as spy
    XF and SPT as the human ramming devices.

Originally posted by CC
    I'd like to see WXB try his moves on TSTL (but she wasn't pretty, LQS yes). Just think where she is gonna insert the death talisman when WXB pisses her off.
    Was LQS very pretty? Didn't she get disfigured by TSTL? Also, in DGSD97, she was made up to be very old looking (the actress wear gray hair wig), but I read somewhere that even though she's old, she still look beautiful and youthful.

1) OYF
    2)HR
    3)DCQ
    4)YTZ
    5)HYS
    6)?
    7)?

Simple: HR cooks up something no one can refuse, OYF poisons it, DCQ puts a poisoned corpse above the guy's dining table, YTZ puts a poisoned corpse above his seat, HYS to command the whole thing and to tell you which bits of food isn't poisoned just in case you have to eat the food first.

I'll be amazed if anyone doesn't die from this combo.

Originally posted by kidd
    Was LQS very pretty? Didn't she get disfigured by TSTL? Also, in DGSD97, she was made up to be very old looking (the actress wear gray hair wig), but I read somewhere that even though she's old, she still look beautiful and youthful.
    No, she looked old at the end. She wasn't like XLN where she doesn't age.

But in her day she was a stunner. Looked identical to WYY.

Originally posted by CC
    No, she looked old at the end. She wasn't like XLN where she doesn't age.

But in her day she was a stunner. Looked identical to WYY.
    Why did she look identical to WYY? They don't share any DNA.

If she look like WYY, then she and Chai Yu Fung (Wu YaJi's wife) must look like twins.

BTW, why can't LQS keep herself youthful like Wu YaJi?

Why did she look identical to WYY? They don't share any DNA.

If she look like WYY, then she and Chai Yu Fung (Wu YaJi's wife) must look like twins.

BTW, why can't LQS keep herself youthful like Wu YaJi?
    LQS _is_ Wu Yazi's wife! She is WYY's grandman.

Originally posted by CC
    LQS _is_ Wu Yazi's wife! She is WYY's grandman.
    So, DGSD 97 change the plot? In the series, LQS married the Xi Xia king but on their wedding night, TSTL disfigured her causing her to fell out of favor with the Xi Xia. The Xi Xia king then throw her to the cold palace.

this is my team
    TEAM A (Killing Unit)
    XF
    XZ
    DY
    WYY

TEAM B (BACK UP ASSITANCE)
    GJ
    YG
    HR
    XLN
    ZSF
    GX

(TEAM LEADERS)
    WYZ
    WCY
    TSTL
    LQS

(BENCH WARMER)
    GREATS + ZWJ + YELLOW LADY AND ZZR

as u can see i base my team on a normal swat mission with 3 teams working on the mission my team is truly unbeatble.

So, DGSD 97 change the plot? In the series, LQS married the Xi Xia king but on their wedding night, TSTL disfigured her causing her to fell out of favor with the Xi Xia. The Xi Xia king then throw her to the cold palace.
    For some reason, I think DGSD97 followed the original version of the novel on the soap opera story that was the Carefree Sect backstory rather than the 2nd version. The first version was infinitely more confusing, which is hard to imagine considering how confusing the "cleaned up" version is.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    this is my team
    TEAM A (Killing Unit)
    XF
    XZ
    DY
    WYY
    Is WYY = Wang YuYan? Why is she in the Killing Unit? To stand at the side to give the other team members instructions while they are in battles? I think the presence of WYY will hinder instead of help the Killing Unit because instead of giving full attention to the battles, they have to look after the powerless WYY too (especially true in the case of DY).
    Last edited by kidd; 05-16-04 at 10:43 AM.

She was married to WYZ first . When WYZ started staring at the statue (he's kinda like DY in that sense) and ignoring her, she ran off to marry the Xi Xia King.

What was changed between the 1st and 2nd ed? I only read 1 version.

Is WYY = Wang YuYan? Why is she in the Killing Unit? To stand at the side to give the other team members instructions while they are in battles? I think the presence of WYY will hinder instead of help the Killing Unit because instead of giving full attention to the battles, they have to look after the powerless WYY too (especially true in the case of DY).
    yeah and she keeps crying for god's sake... how can DY fight when his wife is sniffling all round the corner...

Post 16 year YG as The Condor Hero seemed a capable leader, and certainly had the respect of many. The events at GX's birthday party displayed excellent planning and strategy on YG's part.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Originally posted by CC
    Might be more fun if an actual mission or scenario was proposed. Depending on the mission (create new kung fu, storm the imperial palace?) the optimum team will change.
    I've been thinking of a mission for the last few days and I can't think of a good one. If you or anybody else has one, please feel free to post it.

acrtually no i see wyy's presennce very help ful becos dy willight his best to defend her therefore enabling him to max out his power, also wyy is alot of assistance for the team just becos she can't kill dosen't mean she's useless.

Originally posted by darkcser
    Post 16 year YG as The Condor Hero seemed a capable leader, and certainly had the respect of many. The events at GX's birthday party displayed excellent planning and strategy on YG's part.
    Ahem...XLN...not around...at the time...ahem...

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    Ahem...XLN...not around...at the time...ahem...
    good point
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Cool Comment

Demi-God team:
    1. SweeperMonk: he's only available if the world is in danger. the impossible becomes possible. the priest.
    2. XF/KF: the fearless leader.
    3. Xu Zhu: the powerhouse.
    4. Duan Yu: the thief: aka lock-picking.
    5. DGQB: equal to HR/HYS I hope. the strategist.
    6. KidElder: her youth and play around with DuanYu's hormones for antics. the wildcard.