Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heroes who fell off the cliff and achieved high martial arts

Originally posted by Thai guy
    But, her kongfu generally did not improve (although TVB83 version did say that she invented her new sword style during that time).
    It had to have a little.

Originally posted by Dirt
    It had to have a little.
    She said she did not train for the pass 16 years, she'll be lucky if she did not deteriorate.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    She said she did not train for the pass 16 years, she'll be lucky if she did not deteriorate.
    What did she do down there for 16 years? I think TVB added quite a logical part in its 1983 version when XLN told YG that she had nothing to do and thus she tried to create her new sword style adapted from 9Yin that she could remember.

Default Re: Re: Re: Heroes who fell off the cliff and achieved high martial arts

Originally posted by kidd
    Both DY and ZWJ found their respective cave after falling of a cliff.
    Repeat: Both DY and ZWJ found their respective cave after falling of a cliff. Thanks kidd

Originally posted by Thai guy
    What did she do down there for 16 years?
    Survive. Little Dragon Girl's injury was quite severe, and it took years for her to fully recover.

how did she recover, there was no medicine, no ppl and wat about food?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by kamii
    how did she recover, there was no medicine, no ppl and wat about food?
    The lake at the bottom of Passionless Valley was ice cold. Its effect was similar to that of Ice Bed back in the Ancient Tomb. That helped. Also, I think there was a unique kind of honeybee down there whose honey was effective therapy for her injury (or something like that). In any case, the honey supplied her with adequate food, and there were enough raw materials down there for Little Dragon Girl to erect a modest house and a decent wardrobe.

It took something like seven or eight years for her to recover from her injury. After that, she began trying to figure ways to get out of Passionless Valley (I swear, Wong Yung could have gotten out of there in three days if she wanted to). Even Little Dragon Girl's fabled hing gung wasn't good enough to get her out of the bottom of the valley, though, so she instead embroidered the words "I'm at the bottom of Passionless Valley" on the backs of thousands of bees ... then waited for someone to discover these bees and rescue her. This strategy actually ended up working, but it took another eight years or so before Yeung Gor and the others became aware of it and figured it out.

ZSF went into a cave and came out with a lot of kung fu!
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    ZSF went into a cave and came out with a lot of kung fu!
    Maybe he went into Xiao Yao cave! j/k

Originally posted by rabadi
    Maybe he went into Xiao Yao cave! j/k
    There he met 300 year old XZ and benefitted from having all the energy transfered to him.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default Falling off the cliff is the biggest secret in Wuxia.

Falling off the cliff = no one dies. (when they dont show a dead body that is)

Why is that? Have you guys notice that almost every character that jumps off the cliff or gets knock off the cliff never dies? HAHA

It seems like the surest way to survive a life-threatening situation.. just head for the cliff and jump, the enemy assumes u died. Of course you never die and in some cases you end up finding a hidden cave that has a secret kungfu or you meet some mysterious old man who will teach you his powerful kungfu.

Falling off the cliff is probably the best way to advance ur martial arts career or save your life if you were dying of something. And that's the biggest secret in Wuxia.

All I can say is if I was a character in Wuxia Universe, I'm heading for the cliff immediately. HAHA

I know there are alot, but can you name a character that benefited from this concept?
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 11-15-04 at 03:47 AM.

This theory is so interesting. Yes, falling off the cliff to advance the kongfu is familiar storyline but I cannot really think of the example or character that benefited from this theory. Umm...difficult question.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Of course you never die and in some cases you end up finding a hidden cave that has a secret kungfu or you meet some mysterious old man who will teach you his powerful kungfu.
    true ... so true
    i.am.2too.

In JY universe I can only recall one case: ZWJ.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

What about Duan Yu?

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    What about Duan Yu?
    He didn't fall off any cliff. He climbed down there to have a look, to verify the stories he was told in Wuliang sect.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    He didn't fall off any cliff. He climbed down there to have a look, to verify the stories he was told in Wuliang sect.
    He did fall down the cliff when he was running away from the two lovers from Wuliang sect.

I thought he only slipped a bit initially, then climbed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I thought he only slipped a bit initially, then climbed down.
    He fell down the cliff, but did not fall all the way to the bottom though. He landed on a pine tree that grew on the cliff wall and made his way to the bottom. Although he did not fall all the way to the bottom, he still fell off the cliff.

Bah, what the hell was that pine tree doing there? Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I can't remember Duan Yu's part that well, especially at the beginning. Never bother rereading it carefully ^_^