Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does internal energy slows down?

Originally posted by superboy
    It's not really the "smart" part, but smarter generally have more talents. Of course, this doesn't mean that dumb people cannot have talents, just less commonly. Since training chi usually is very dependant with mind-works, there are some association with intelligence, but it's dependant on other factors also.
    I agree that training chi depend on the mind, and maybe somewhat related to intelligence but it is not the biggest factor. the biggest factor in mind of training chi, it is the concentration, being calm, and patience which doesn't depend on intelligence.

It is commonly acknowledged that smart have more talent. May I ask what kind of talents do smart people have that help increase rate of internal energy?
    And do HR possess them?

Generally, on martial arts, smart people will be able to comprehend faster of course. On chi, we sort of find that most of the time, people that achieves high amount of chi are generally smart. But, since not all of his characters are the brightest guy like GJ, SPT, ZBt, etc., I also believe that intelligence may not be the largest factor. As smart as a guy XF is, we can't really say that he's a genius. So there are many factors involved, but smart people tends to achieve high martial arts. I personally cannot identify them cause the mindwork that said are really the main factors to it. But, if Jy did make those factors as most vital to accumulating chi, then Yi Deng should have long surpassed the other Greats as a monk right? Anyway, I don't know if HR process a higher ability to gain chi.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

well when u say smart u often have to give an factor of the smartness of people, just becos they r dumb in general does not mean they r dumb at martial arts, xf was smart at martial arts and that dosen't imply his whitty and overboard in the genral matter like hr and yg, i would say zbt was a smart guy in the martial arts factor but in general his probably just above average.

Really, in other word, you don't have proof at all right(no offense intended)? Personally, I believe that 9 Yin is at least as hard to master as any general cultivation. Can I conclude that there is no proof at least for now that your theory is correct? And it could sort of lean more to my side right? I mean 13 to 26 times slowing down is just rediculus. And did YG said specifically internal energy? Cause if not, he might be talking about martial arts. Skills is hard to improve when you perfect yourself more and more, but on internal energy, you can add more and more with not set limit. At least not in the real world, ror did JY never said something as important as this before in all his novels right? At least I don't think you can say GJ slowed down because of the natural process anymore. Cause 13 times is a really big number. So, bad adjustment is what I think is most logical. You would first need to state why you think internal energy would slow down? Cause it is probably not due to Gj slowing down "13" times now...................
    If you don't count GJ, YG and ZBT, i don't have solid proof. HOwever, to me, it doesn't seem like the Greats in LOCH are 2x more power than they were in the first Hua Shan Tournament.

YG, i believe was refering to both internal energy and martial arts, since he was making smaller progress in both.
    and from the way JY wrote YG's thoughts...it is a very common thing, hence YG was not worried when he suddenly stopped improving dramatically.

and someone even brought an even more interesting thought...can internal energy decrease if you stop training. According to XLN, i guess it does to a certain extent. Does this mean to in order to keep the same level, one much train to a certain extent?

If the Greats was in their 30s that time, and at 18 year old YG's level at 30, then saying they improved another 100% from then is very possible. I think it seems even more than that, cause YG was weaker than LMC that time. And I don't think 2 LMC can defeat a pre-ROCH Great. On YG, we still see no solid proof that he was talking about internal energy do we? But, we know that skills do have a limit. ZCS also commented that his sect's cultivation let you improve faster and faster. And YG got back to his feet when he go to the ocean. The nature of YG's training is very different form normal cultivations. So once you are too strong for the torrent, you go to a bigger one. Meditations on the other had is just a way to accumulate energy from nature, etc. So it's different. And if you say GJ's rate in LOCH is the dramatica improvement, and ROCH was the slow down, then GJ would still have an annual 3.4% faster rate than the Greats wouldn't he? Cause, your theory is that your rate slows down after mastery, but it will not slow down after mastery at a gradual rate cause it's setted.

And I don't think internal energy will decrease unless you decide to waste it in JY's world, cause XLN said she kept her martial arts. And I guess no one can be more certain than herself.
    Last edited by superboy; 05-23-04 at 04:45 PM.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Ill have to disagree i think YG's inner power cultivation slowed down but still increased the same as it would had he just meditated (this is from training by the ocean not torrents).
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

If the ocean wave is a strong enough source that YG cannot surpass, then i guess it can help him improve as long as he wants.

If the Greats was in their 30s that time, and at 18 year old YG's level at 30, then saying they improved another 100% from then is very possible. I think it seems even more than that, cause YG was weaker than LMC that time. And I don't think 2 LMC can defeat a pre-ROCH Great. On YG, we still see no solid proof that he was talking about internal energy do we? But, we know that skills do have a limit. ZCS also commented that his sect's cultivation let you improve faster and faster. And YG got back to his feet when he go to the ocean. The nature of YG's training is very different form normal cultivations. So once you are too strong for the torrent, you go to a bigger one. Meditations on the other had is just a way to accumulate energy from nature, etc. So it's different. And if you say GJ's rate in LOCH is the dramatica improvement, and ROCH was the slow down, then GJ would still have an annual 3.4% faster rate than the Greats wouldn't he? Cause, your theory is that your rate slows down after mastery, but it will not slow down after mastery at a gradual rate cause it's setted.

And I don't think internal energy will decrease unless you decide to waste it in JY's world, cause XLN said she kept her martial arts. And I guess no one can be more certain than herself.
    HYS commented he didn't reach his level until his 30s...but we don't know whether he reached his Max rate in his 30s....and what age he did compete at Hua Shan Tournament. I highly doubt that the Greats were only around the level of LMC when they reached Great Status. I mean, LMC is powerful, but she isn't quite THAT powerful.

and where did you get annual 3.4% gain on Greats? you can't even proove that he did get any gain on the Greats during the 4/5 years between begining of ROCH and pre-16 years.

and again...did XLN talk about martial arts or internal energy? and did she really not train? plus...the jade bed was supposedly suppose to let you get used to training unconsciously during ur sleep

×Դ˶øºó£¬ËûÈÕÈÕÒ¹Ò¹ÇÚÐÞÄÚ¹¦£¬¾«Ñн£Êõ£¬Ã¿·ê´óÓêÖ® ºó£¬¼´µ½É½ºéÖ®ÖÐÓëË®Ï࿹£¬ÒÔÔö³öÕÐÖ®Á¦£¬²»¾õÏľ¡Çï À´£¬×ÔÇï¶ø¶¬£¬Ñî¹ýÓù¦ËäÇÚ£¬ÄÚÁ¦½£ÊõÈ´½øÕ¹¾ù΢¡£Öª µÀ×Ô´ó
    ÐÞΪ±¾À´ÒÑÖÁÆĸ߾³½ç£¬°Ù³ß¸ÍÍ·ÔÙÇó½ø²½£¬ÊµÉõ¼èÄÑ£¬ µ¹Ò²²¢²»·³Ôê¡£
    Last edited by philip; 05-24-04 at 03:23 AM.

why every topic has to end up with GJ vs YG debate ???
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

actually, we've been trying to avoid the topic of GJ and YG

I think all these comparisons of GJ and YG would make GJ sad. I have no doubt that he would be more than proud to concede to Yang Guo.

HYS commented he didn't reach his level until his 30s...but we don't know whether he reached his Max rate in his 30s....and what age he did compete at Hua Shan Tournament. I highly doubt that the Greats were only around the level of LMC when they reached Great Status. I mean, LMC is powerful, but she isn't quite THAT powerful.

and where did you get annual 3.4% gain on Greats? you can't even proove that he did get any gain on the Greats during the 4/5 years between begining of ROCH and pre-16 years.

and again...did XLN talk about martial arts or internal energy? and did she really not train? plus...the jade bed was supposedly suppose to let you get used to training unconsciously during ur sleep
    What max rate? Your guess is that people will slow down after then mastered their cultivation. I think the Greats trained at lesat 4 year like what GJ didin LOCH with internal energy, I don't see them reaching any high level that time. Plus, I never say that the Great's only LMC's level in their 30s. But, as you said before, we don't know how they are skill wise. So even if they are not too much stronger than LMC in terms of internal energy, they should outclass her with skills. That was HYS's comment on his level of intenrla energy at 30, and if there is no support to them slowing down, then what is the point of saying they do? And I do not need to prove GJ still improved faster than the Greats. Cause, I proved that your theory on GJ not being able to match his level of improvement in LOCH is not due to slowing down after mastery, but more likely bad adjustments cause 13 times are too much. And there was one part in HSDS that 4th hero of Wudang and Engle King was matching internal energy. 4th hero thought that he has the advantage because of his age. So therefore, GJ being able to match OYF's energy for a couple of moments doesn't mean that he is exactly equal to him. He can have at least 85%-90% less energy and stil tie with him due to the 40 year age seperation. And GLFW's palm match with GJ was like 4 year later, I don't see how GJ can outclass him in just 4 years if he improves only 3.4% faster than the Greats annually. So I do not need to prove that point because logically 9 Yin outclass the Great's cultivations. If you think that there are reasons to beleve GJ would not, then you will have to provide it. Cause I see reasons that leads to GJ becoming stronger. Anyway, don't want to turn this thread into GJ vs YG.
    Last edited by superboy; 05-24-04 at 09:29 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Originally posted by ToOn99
    coz in this forum we have superboy and philip

Originally posted by ToOn99
    Cuz, this idea on internal energy slowing down was branched from the GJ vs YG thread. So using YG and GJ as examples are sometimes inevitable.

What max rate? Your guess is that people will slow down after then mastered their cultivation. I think the Greats trained at lesat 4 year like what GJ didin LOCH with internal energy, I don't see them reaching any high level that time. Plus, I never say that the Great's only LMC's level in their 30s. But, as you said before, we don't know how they are skill wise. So even if they are not too much stronger than LMC in terms of internal energy, they should outclass her with skills. That was HYS's comment on his level of intenrla energy at 30, and if there is no support to them slowing down, then what is the point of saying they do? And I do not need to prove GJ still improved faster than the Greats. Cause, I proved that your theory on GJ not being able to match his level of improvement in LOCH is not due to slowing down after mastery, but more likely bad adjustments cause 13 times are too much. And there was one part in HSDS that 4th hero of Wudang and Engle King was matching internal energy. 4th hero thought that he has the advantage because of his age. So therefore, GJ being able to match OYF's energy for a couple of moments doesn't mean that he is exactly equal to him. He can have at least 85%-90% less energy and stil tie with him due to the 40 year age seperation. And GLFW's palm match with GJ was like 4 year later, I don't see how GJ can outclass him in just 4 years if he improves only 3.4% faster than the Greats annually. So I do not need to prove that point because logically 9 Yin outclass the Great's cultivations. If you think that there are reasons to beleve GJ would not, then you will have to provide it. Cause I see reasons that leads to GJ becoming stronger. Anyway, don't want to turn this thread into GJ vs YG.
    max rate as in the maxium, or fastest rate a person improves at.
    and also...is the 90 year old greats twice as good as the 50 year old greats? i highly doubt that since yi deng even said that he had "LESS" internal energy abundance than in his prime (and god knows what age "prime" is). You may contribute it to old age...but shouldn't there be a period of slowdown before suddenly going from positive to negative? Unless one day 1 deng's rate and amount suddenly drop negative, which i highly doubt.

and is there any refernce that suggests that GLFW trained elephant-dragon thingy before 16 years and what level he was at?

oh, and just for clarification...you believed that ZBT only caught up to the Greats by technique but not in terms of internal energy?

Originally posted by philip
    max rate as in the maxium, or fastest rate a person improves at.
    and also...is the 90 year old greats twice as good as the 50 year old greats? i highly doubt that since yi deng even said that he had "LESS" internal energy abundance than in his prime (and god knows what age "prime" is). You may contribute it to old age...but shouldn't there be a period of slowdown before suddenly going from positive to negative? Unless one day 1 deng's rate and amount suddenly drop negative, which i highly doubt.

and is there any refernce that suggests that GLFW trained elephant-dragon thingy before 16 years and what level he was at?

oh, and just for clarification...you believed that ZBT only caught up to the Greats by technique but not in terms of internal energy?
    U can provide proof that the Greats in their 90s are not twice as good as they are 50 then..........
    We need to know what exactly does Yi Deng mean by his remark about himself. Because ZBT also said that he was better than before, and if Yi Deng is able to match energy with an improved GLFW, then I don't think his abundance has any problem. Is it possible that he might be talking about stamina? Cause GJ was at least a Great level fighter in the beginning, and if Yi Deng's energy did decrease in abundance, then GJ should have surpassed him and the other Greats pretty far? He's improving constantly with a 40 years younger body, while not only can the Greats not match him in robustness, but while he was improving constantly, they not only did not improved, but deteriorate. While and YG's internal energy isn't really much better than Yi Deng's since GLFW didn't really hold a large advantage even with his robust energy. Interesting. Is there any reference that GLFW trained elephant dragon thingy before 16 years, I'll put my bet he did cause the chance of him reaching to 10 levels in 16 years is quite small. We can debate over this, but I don't really think that it's neccessary cause that's sort pointless. And just a question, did you ever say GLFW trained til the 7th level before? And I did not say that ZBT only caught up withe the Greats in techniques. His internal energy should be at least there in my opinion. But I won't doubt his techniques could be better. Afterall, it wasn't his internal energy that beat QQR is LOCH, but L/R technique.
    Last edited by superboy; 05-27-04 at 09:41 PM.

i'll just give the quote...and you tell me whether it seems he's talking about stamina or not

Ñî¹ý×ÝÉù³¤Ð¥£¬¹ýÁËÒ»¶Ù·¹Ê±·Ö£¬·Çµ«Ã»Ë¿ºÁË¥½ßÖ®Ïó£¬ ·´¶øÆø¹¦ÓúÀ´Óú׳¡£Ò»µÆÌýµÃÒ²²»½û°µ×ÔÅå·þ£¬Ëä¾õËûÐ¥ Éù¹ýÓÚ°ÔµÀ£¬Ê¹µÄ²»ÊÇ´¿ÑôÕýÆø£¬µ«×Ô¼ºµ±ÈÕÊ¢Äê֮ʱ£¬ È´Ò²ÎÞÕâµÈ³äÅæµÄÄÚÁ¦£¬´ËʱÄêÀÏÁ¦Ë¥£¬×Ô¸ü²»È磻ÐÄÏë ÕâλÑîÏÍÖ¶ÄÚÁ¦Ö®¸ÕÃÍÇ¿ÈÍ£¬Êµ·Çµ±ÊÀÈκθßÊÖËùÄܼ°£¬ ²»ÖªËûÈçºÎÁ·À´¡£Ñî¹ýËæ×ÅÉñµñÔÚº£³±¿ñÌÎÖ®ÖÐÁ·¹¦£¬Ò» µÆ²¢²»ÖªÇé¡£
    and yes...i did say he reached 7th level b/c that was what u told me...and since i was too lazy to check, i took ur word for it. but now, it seems i can't find the reference to it and am asking for ur help to help me place the reference.

and i was asking you if you thought ZBT caught up to the greats in terms of internal energy in LOCH
    Last edited by philip; 05-27-04 at 11:15 PM.

I can't see the qoute, my computer lost the program.

Did I told you? Opps, sorry for it then. But still, I really think that GLFW already knew the cultivation before 16 years. It's just not very possible that he reached 10 levels in 16 years.
    Last edited by superboy; 05-28-04 at 12:04 AM.

GJ slowed down because of HR. They did something after LOCH which made GJ lose a certain something which is helpful in Taoist cultivation This something is also the reason why YG caught up with XLN when he graduated from Ancient Tomb
    Think about it.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    GJ slowed down because of HR. They did something after LOCH which made GJ lose a certain something which is helpful in Taoist cultivation This something is also the reason why YG caught up with XLN when he graduated from Ancient Tomb
    Think about it.
    According to Taoist philosophy, Yin and Yang merging is very beneficial to the body with the right method.