View Poll Results: Was LiangXing Good/Evil?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

20 80.00%
  • Evil

1 4.00%
  • Not Sure

4 16.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GL's JDSJ - Was LianXing Good/Evil?

I think that Lian Xing was good but also evil as well. I read some of Athena's translation of JDSJ. I thought the way she made those Zodiac guys kill themselves at the beginning was pretty cruel. But I guess overall, she is more good than evil. At least she is a lot nicer than her sister....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    I think that Lian Xing was good but also evil as well. I read some of Athena's translation of JDSJ. I thought the way she made those Zodiac guys kill themselves at the beginning was pretty cruel. But I guess overall, she is more good than evil. At least she is a lot nicer than her sister....
    Can't blame her. She's still feeling pissy at that moment. Afterall, she just got dumped not too long ago.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I don't think that you should kill someone just because you just got dumped.... There are other ways of dealing with your anger....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by ”~‹įį
    We are right TigerWong, the Stone Kuan Ying is the same...
    In "Cai Huan Qu" the Stone Kuan Ying escaped and has been chased by powerful enemies. So i believe she escaped to the dessert which Chu Liu Xiang has found her.
    it also explain why her kungfu was so ¹īŅģ in CLX. She has mastered a manual which has not been mastered by any people in the Wulin - "Tian Wu Shen Jing" ĢģĪäÉń¾_. given this kungfu she has mastered, i believed that she belongs to top 3 martial art master.
    I was never leaning towards them being the same. Because it seems unlikely that Gu Long would plan that far ahead. But it's possible I guess. Remember though, that the Stone KuanYin of Chu LiuXiang also spent some time in Japan and had two sons. How would that fit into Cai Huan Qu? It's good to hear that you found the book interesting. I definitely plan to revisit and finish that story.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Really? This is fantastic!

Any thing to prove it?
    Yes!
    Remember Xue1 Yi1 Ren2 was also called "Xue2(Blood) Yi1 Ren2" in CLX. Although he was called "Xue2(Snow) Yi Ren" in this novel, but they have the same habit... They keep their shirt with the blood stains of their enemies!! Remember in "CaiHuanQu", before he fight with Liu He Ting(Main Cast), he take off his white shirt which was stained with blood, and change a clean white shirt. Liu He Ting found it strange... so Xue Yi Ren explained : Given ur personality, i know ur kungfu muz be excellent. If ur blood are to stain with those blood(blood of lowerly people), it will lower ur status. besides this proof, the time between this novel and CLX si quite near as the Stone KuanYin proofs it.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Remember though, that the Stone KuanYin of Chu LiuXiang also spent some time in Japan and had two sons
    I think the manual(Tian Wu Shen Jing) Stone KuanYin mastered can make oneself maintain her younth (juz like Ming Yu Shen Gong) cos remember in CLX, Xue yi Ren was already a very old man, but Stone KuanYin still look so... ermm.. sexy.. if i didnt remeber wrongly...

Originally posted by TigerWong
    I definitely plan to revisit and finish that story.
    Still the book was bored, but somehow i found it great/good... maybe bcos i have digged up Stone KuanYin & Xue Yi Ren's past.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

LianXing was the better one, I think. She didn't want to kill the twins, and she tried to save them at the end. YaoYue was just evil, like she even killed her own sister, not to mention pushing her off a tree when they were younger.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Oh so that's why Lian Xing is crippled. Gosh, her sister is sooo evil. I agree that she is A LOT nicer than her sister. Her sister has to pay the price for killing her since she will be really lonely....

hmmm one interesting question... do u all think that Yaoyue will become 'good' after she killed her sister?

Originally posted by ”~‹įį
    hmmm one interesting question... do u all think that Yaoyue will become 'good' after she killed her sister?
    I do not think Yaoyue has a black and white area in her. She's more of like... HYS in a way. She does whatever she likes, not giving anyone much of a d@mn as long as she's satisfied in the end.

But in the end, Yaoyue was quite pitiful too. She's spent all her time and energy into this vengeance plan only to have it shattered to pieces in the end. Not just that, she had also lost Lianxing, her only kin in the world. Wuque was pissed off and everyone hates her. She's really got nothing left.

You people know who's the most evil person? Jiang Feng is. Because he started this whole mess.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 06-05-04 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Hmm happened to revisit this thread and noticed that this wasn't answered properly.

I reread that part yesterday, and she did not really make the Zodiac guys kill themselves. In fact, they killed themselves with their own brutality, but I guess one can say she tricked them into it.

She said she would not fight back, and they forgot about her 'Yihua Jieyu'.

Had they not tried to kill her, they would have survived and it is likely she would have let them go.

Rereading the ending makes the whole thing sad too. The way Yaoyue ended up. She was so consumed by hatred she failed to see anything else. In the end, Yaoyue probably realised that the sister she personally killed was in fact, the only person who had truly cared for and loved her. So she could only laugh at all the ironies and ran away with Lianxing's lifeless body.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 03-19-09 at 05:03 AM.

In the novel, Princess Lian Xing was said to have the same attitude as her sister. I believe the reason why she seperate the twins is not only to save them but also for her to take her revenge.

After Xiao Yu Er led her out of the cave, then only she realize that it is pointless to exact a revenge that has happened 20 years ago. Also Hua Wu Que is like her own son. When the twins were about to duel with each other for the first time before Xiao Yu Er lied about the poison, Princess Lian Xing was said to prefer Hua Wu Que to die rather than Xiao Yu Er. This in fact proves that while she has some love for Hua Wu Que, she still wants to exact her revenge.

As a conclusion, I believe that Princess Lian Xing must have realized her mistake after suffering in the cave. In there she knows how it feels to be an ordinary person rather than a powerful martial artist. The thing that seperated her from her sister is that she realize it at the end while Princess Yao Yue will forever be blinded by the hatred.

In a way Jiang Feng caused all this mess. Had he choose Princess Yao Yue, no tradegy will occur. It is really sad to know that Princess Yao Yue could not take her revenge. All she wants is just some love and caring. I wonder what happen to Princess Yao Yue after she carried her sister's body. I guess she returned to the Floral Palace after that.

Gu Long should have give her a happy ending too.

hi,

i too think that Lian Xing thought of the plot only to save the babies from being killed by her sister. as i did not read the novel very closely, i'm not sure if later on she grew to relish the idea of exacting her revenge through the twins, but based on the following passage from the first chapter of the novel, it seems right to me to conclude that Lian Xing had zero malicious intent at least at the point when she conceived the plot.

Princess Yaoyue ignored her now and said coldly:"Finish it."

Princess Lianxing asked:"Finish what?"

Princess Yaoyue said:"The children."

Princess Lianxing exclaimed with shock:"The children? ......... But they were just born...do you really want to......"

Princess Yaoyue said:"I cannot permit their children to live! If these children don't die, they will remind me constantly of the betrayal of Jiang Feng and that b-i-t-c-h. Furthermore if they live I will be pursued with agony for the rest of my life."

Princess Lianxing said:"But I....."

Princess Yaoyue said:"You don't want to do it?"

Princess Lianxing said:"I cannot bear to do it."

Princess Yaoyue said:"Fine! I will do it myself."

She waved her sleeve casually and a sabre flew up right into her hand, she hurled the sabre and hacked at one of the sleeping babies.

Suddenly princess Lianxing grabbed the hand of princess Yaoyue tightly, but the tip of the sword had already made a shallow cut on the baby's face.

The baby cried in pain now.

Princess Yaoyue said angrilly:"You dare to stop me!"

Princess Lianxing said:"I....I...."

Princess Yaoyue said:"Let go of me! Have you ever seen anyone who was capable of stopping me?"

All of a sudden princess Lianxing laughed:"Sister, I am not stopping you. I just thought of a better to deal with these children, what do we gain by killing two babies who are unaware of anything."

Yao Yue probably take the cake among all of Gu Long's psychotic crazy women characters, and that is saying something........ Gu Long's women scare the hell out of me.