Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Treasures

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Default Hidden Treasures

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/Hidden.txt')

Anyone seen this series already?

Currently I am watching episode 5.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/bobbysonija.txt')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/next.txt')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/whole.txt')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/wedding.txt')
    Last edited by KennyLeeJianSiong; 06-09-04 at 09:01 AM.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

I can hardly keep up with all these series. Not particularly interested in this one, but I heard it's comedy.

Geez, Ellesmere and Shirley look they could be related. Something about their faces that look similar somehow like brothers and sisters.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by realdeal
    I can hardly keep up with all these series. Not particularly interested in this one, but I heard it's comedy.
    I can assure you that it isn't really comedy.

this is new right? 2004 released series? has it finished filming?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I think my rental shop has right up until episode 11, so, not all is available yet. I think it is already finished, just not yet available. :0

who's that guy beside bobby and shirley in the meat cutting ceremony?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by cherrie
    who's that guy beside bobby and shirley in the meat cutting ceremony?
    the same guy beside her

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/next.txt')

ellesmere? i didn't recognize him there! anyway, tnx!
    cherrie

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/3friends.txt')

as you may know, they are three best friends.

I felt that Sonija's acting has improve a lot in this series. I have never thought of her as a sweet and girlly girl. She look more like the indepedant, cool type of woman she played in AOM and FM. But in this series, she really seem nice, sweet and girlly. Like when she was trying to get back her vidcam from Bobby or when
    she was begging him to lend her the antique radio. Bobby was being very difficult but she was all gentle and mild-mannered. There was no hard edge in either her look or her voice. I especially like the part where she was complaining to Bobby about the France distributor asking her production crew to take out and
    reshoot 7 scenes because the manufacturer of the antique radio (which was an important element of the film) is a rival of the major financer/advertiser of the movie distribution in France. Bobby was agreeing with her and giving his own speech about respecting the art and Sonija was nodding her head earnestly. The earnest expression on her face was spot on.

Shirley should learn from her. Shirley has the look of a nice, sweet girl, which is what her character was supposed to be, but she totally failed in her potrayal. Every character in the series describe her as a nice, gentle girl. But when she was angry, her look and voice become all hard up and ungentle. Even when she was supposed to show only slight anger (like when she was waiting for Ellesmere in his house. I felt that in this scene, she was supposed to look a bit angry, but also worried), she look like she is going to murder someone. This make her supposely gentle character very unconvincing.

In the begining, Anne Heung was also very unconvincing as an uncouth woman. She tried hard to potray the character, but came out fake. I can still see the refine manner in her. But the more I watch the series, she become more and more convincing. Now, she is pretty convincing as the uncouth Nicam. My only problem with her is she slurs her words, so, sometimes it's very hard to hear what she's saying. But other than that, she together with Sonija, are a joy to watch.

BTW, Ellesmere look very handsome in this series, but the best actor should go to Wayne Lai. I love his potrayal of "medical god". It's so funny hearing him complaining about the government. So, common-folk like.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-11-04 at 07:07 AM.

Originally posted by kidd
    I felt that Sonija's acting has improve a lot in this series. I have never thought of her as a sweet and girlly girl.
    I wholeheartly agree. Sonija acting has improve in this series. Hoooorrayyy........

at last
    cherrie

Well, if you see the opening theme song play, you will see Sonija's character in a very lively mood.

After watching 6 episodes, I do so agree that Sonija has infact improved.

I just finished watching episode 4 yesterday and i wasn't really interested in it at first.... but I can say its growing on me... it's getting better and is catchin my attention... Of course i do watch all tvb serials bad or good so i'll have to finish this one to really know whether i like it or not... So far its not that bad

Default this series

hmm..i noticed this and can anybody tell me wot the story is about

thx

i agree that sonija's acting here is more convincing and she pair up quite well with bobby here....and anne potrayal here is as good...and did u all realise,anne,sonija and shirley are all miss hongkong champion...
    funny face

The beauty of Life does not depend on how happy you are,but on how happy others can be...becoz of YOU

Originally posted by Funny Face
    i agree that sonija's acting here is more convincing and she pair up quite well with bobby here....and anne potrayal here is as good...and did u all realise,anne,sonija and shirley are all miss hongkong champion...
    Yea Sonija's acting is better... And i thought it was funny that they got three miss hong kong champions to be on this show ^^
    Last edited by Inferno323; 06-12-04 at 04:24 PM.

Sonija is the main attraction here....

And yeah, this show was a bit boring at the beginning, but it gets better as you move on.

Recommended watch.

Default Re: this series

Originally posted by teddybear
    hmm..i noticed this and can anybody tell me wot the story is about

thx
    Seems like no one is answering your question, and I'm not surprise. I've watch until episode 12 and still dunno how to describe the story in a short paragraph. The best I can tell you is, this story is about the life and love of a couple of people who live in Ngap Liu Street. Longer details, I can't help you.