Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Thanks, tweety.

Yea, I had no clue who Toby Leung was until I googled her wedding, hoping to see more shots or clips of Wallace Chung as the best man. Anyway, I was really more interested in the star-studded cast, including the wedding party of bridesmaids and groomsmen, who attended her wedding than in the bride and groom. Toby Leung is attractive, but not stunningly gorgeous. It's interesting to see Wallace Chung back in the Hong Kong/TVB scene and to hear him speaking Cantonese! I wonder if he brought a date to the wedding.
    Yup, apparently the ratings for the TVB awards show weren't too high (same as past years) and fans were saying that they should have televised Toby's wedding instead. I totally agree. I mean, even the older generation actors showed up.

As for Wallace, I haven't read anything about him with a female date. Most likely his date was Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Yup, apparently the ratings for the TVB awards show weren't too high (same as past years) and fans were saying that they should have televised Toby's wedding instead. I totally agree. I mean, even the older generation actors showed up.
    Hmm, I have not been up to date with TVB gossip anymore, since I've discovered that Mainland China series have much hotter actors (Yuan Hong, Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo, Yan Kuan, etc.). I wonder why the TVB awards show doesn't have good ratings... Admittedly, TVB series nowadays are not that good anymore.

I agree TVB should have televised Toby Leung's wedding, if just to show the star-studded cast that showed up! I'm dying for more snippets and clips of the wedding, but so far, I have only found the few clips I have posted here. From Jimmy Lin and Wallace Chung's description of what the bridesmaids put the groom and his groomsmen through in order to get through to the bride, it sounded like a lot of fun! I wish they would post that part of the wedding!

As for Wallace, I haven't read anything about him with a female date. Most likely his date was Jimmy
    You're probably right! Haha! For all his good looks and friendly public persona, Wallace Chung strikes me as an introvert and not much of a flirt or ladies' man. In a recent interview, he told the interviewer that, while Jimmy Lin is very extroverted and loves to go out and do tons of activities, he prefers to stay at home and just enjoy his peace and quiet.

Aww, Wallace is so cute here at 1:27 minute! He can be so sexy and masculine as best man at Toby and Aaron's wedding and then he can be so adorable here while greeting his fans.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/dBX0pqYdsto/

Hmm, I have not been up to date with TVB gossip anymore, since I've discovered that Mainland China series have much hotter actors (Yuan Hong, Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo, Yan Kuan, etc.). I wonder why the TVB awards show doesn't have good ratings... Admittedly, TVB series nowadays are not that good anymore.

You're probably right! Haha! For all his good looks and friendly public persona, Wallace Chung strikes me as an introvert and not much of a flirt or ladies' man. In a recent interview, he told the interviewer that, while Jimmy Lin is very extroverted and loves to go out and do tons of activities, he prefers to stay at home and just enjoy his peace and quiet.
    I definitely think Mainland actors are more hot, lol. Perhaps it's the fact they seem more mature and take on more interesting roles, whereas a lot of Taiwanese dramas seem so anime/OTT that it's hard to believe the actor is actually nearing 30. Btw, what exactly does TVB stand for? I know it's something related to Taiwanese drama, but don't know the exact words.

Also, I find it quite sweet how Wallace can be rather more shy than Jimmy. Not only is it a nice contrast between the two friends, but it's also refreshing to observe other types of characteristics in an actor as opposed to the typical extrovert, party-loving type. Besides, it may be a tad selfish of me, but I'm rather glad he's free

In Chinese tradition, the bridesmaids usually block the doorway when the groom and his groomsmen arrive. In order for the men to gain entry, the groom has to do certain activities or pay money to the bridesmaids as "bribe" to gain access to his bride. The purpose of the groomsmen is to help out the groom in performing these activities, especially if the groom is unable to do them. It's all for fun and games on the wedding day. In the clip below, Wallace Chung said that the groom was unable to do certain yoga moves, so he had to do the moves in the groom's place. Haha! Wonder what the yoga moves were.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1lgeMZINb8I/

Oh I remember collecting the red packets at a wedding when I was a kid on the bride's side. Fantastic fun

Bad bad mention about the yoga moves because now my evil mind is conjuring up pictures which are probably R-rated. Quite a lot of the poses aren't that 'hot', but there are a few like 'Downward facing dog'...

Oh drat.

Btw, does anyone think Wallace is looking darker these days in terms of skin colour? Or is it simply by comparison to Jimmy? I thought he was rather white in Duke of Deer Mount, but in those military ones (post 1900s), he looked darker.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    I definitely think Mainland actors are more hot, lol. Perhaps it's the fact they seem more mature and take on more interesting roles, whereas a lot of Taiwanese dramas seem so anime/OTT that it's hard to believe the actor is actually nearing 30. Btw, what exactly does TVB stand for? I know it's something related to Taiwanese drama, but don't know the exact words.
    I think Taiwanese dramas have too many crying men, which really annoys me.

I don't think TVB has any association to Taiwanese productions. TVB stands for Television Broadcasts Limited, one of the major television broadcasters in Hong Kong. Check out this link for more info on TVB - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVB.

Also, I find it quite sweet how Wallace can be rather more shy than Jimmy. Not only is it a nice contrast between the two friends, but it's also refreshing to observe other types of characteristics in an actor as opposed to the typical extrovert, party-loving type. Besides, it may be a tad selfish of me, but I'm rather glad he's free
    I find it sweet, too! I don't particularly like actors with a bunch of gossip and rumors surrounding them, especially if it's scandalous gossip about how they're jumping from one girlfriend to another. Wallace Chung admitted himself in the interview that he is introverted and is not the type to have a whole gaggle of acquaintances around him. He would rather just have a few good friends rather than a ton of acquaintances. I bet he's actually shy around the woman he likes. In a past interview, he said that he learned how to dance because he thought girls would like him. Apparently, he had this romantic image of himself asking a pretty girl to dance. Anyway, he said he "ate lemons" anyway and the girl rejected him. Poor guy! I will admit that Wallace Chung looks much more handsome and masculine now that he's older. He has aged very well, looking hotter now that he's in his late 30s than when he was in his 20s. In his younger days, his face seemed too round with baby fat. Now, his face is tanner, leaner, and infinitely more masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Bad bad mention about the yoga moves because now my evil mind is conjuring up pictures which are probably R-rated. Quite a lot of the poses aren't that 'hot', but there are a few like 'Downward facing dog'...
    Wallace is pretty flexible, I think. Have you seen the dancing competition clips I posted in this thread? Check out Wallace doing the samba. He's pretty limber! Now that you've mentioned about conjuring up pictures of Wallace in certain yoga positions, my infinitely more evil mind is imagining X-rated images. Thanks a lot, ShimmerDreamz, for putting such evil thoughts in my mind!

Btw, does anyone think Wallace is looking darker these days in terms of skin colour? Or is it simply by comparison to Jimmy? I thought he was rather white in Duke of Deer Mount, but in those military ones (post 1900s), he looked darker.
    Yup! I think he looks a lot tanner now, too! Have you seen clips of him in Horizon, Bright Moon, Saber? He looks much tanner in there than in previous martial arts dramas. He's also relatively tanned in the Toby/Aaron wedding clips. I wonder if he's just tanned in real life, but they just use powder on him to make him less tanned in certain dramas. Regardless, I like his tanned look. He's tanned to just the right amount without looking charred, like Louis Koo. I don't like pale men; I think pale men look like sissies.

Hahaha! Check out this interview with Wallace in 2007. At 8:49 minutes in the interview, Wallace talks about his filming experience with Cha In Pyo, the Koren actor who played Tie Shou in Four Constables. (Wallace played Zhui Ming.) Anyway, Cha In Pyo doesn't speak Mandarin, so mischievous Wallace decides to "teach" the Korean guy some Mandarin. So...Wallace teaches Cha In Pyo to say in Mandarin, "If men aren't bad, then women won't love them." Then he tells Cha In Pyo to go practice that phrase on all the actresses. Of course, the poor Korean dude gets laughed at by the women whenever he tries out his Mandarin lines on the actresses. Bad Wallace! And Wallace has the nerve to say that he is doing Cha In Pyo a favor by teaching him a conversation starter phrase.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/c29JL4PkE1w/

Wow, I knew Wallace was famous for his role as the villain Gu Xi Zhao in Ni Shui Han, but I didn't know he was this popular! Apparently, his fans wrote some novel based on his character and the novel got published! Does anyone know what the novel was about? Is it a continuation from the conclusion of Ni Shui Han? What happened in the novel? Has anyone read the novel?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/TrSwR-rfxKk/

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/IQbZmkkrBvM/

Wallace Chung/Hu Ge/Yang Mi/Liu Yi Fei/Huang Xiao Ming/Ady An MV

YAY! I'm done with my last finals yesterday! 3 weeks of vacation (not very long but I take whatever I'm offered!).

Hi Melanie! ^^

I couldn't believe my eyes. Wallace knows Toby! Probably her father? But he's in the same photo as Charm, my other favorite actress. Hope they get to work together in a mainland series!

Hahaha! Check out this interview with Wallace in 2007. At 8:49 minutes in the interview, Wallace talks about his filming experience with Cha In Pyo, the Koren actor who played Tie Shou in Four Constables. (Wallace played Zhui Ming.) Anyway, Cha In Pyo doesn't speak Mandarin, so mischievous Wallace decides to "teach" the Korean guy some Mandarin. So...Wallace teaches Cha In Pyo to say in Mandarin, "If men aren't bad, then women won't love them." Then he tells Cha In Pyo to go practice that phrase on all the actresses. Of course, the poor Korean dude gets laughed at by the women whenever he tries out his Mandarin lines on the actresses. Bad Wallace! And Wallace has the nerve to say that he is doing Cha In Pyo a favor by teaching him a conversation starter phrase.
    haha This is too cute. The lovable and playful Wallace.

Wallace Chung/Hu Ge/Yang Mi/Liu Yi Fei/Huang Xiao Ming/Ady An MV

Nicely made mv. I hope he gets to work with Ady An too!! She's a hot mama!

This is odd...my post yesterday didn't show up. o.o

Melanie, *hi again!!* I was expecting one of his new series to be out...so I can watch it during my vacation (started yesterday!)...but I'm so bummed out now.

Smile

Oh, hey, Alice! I left you a message on your blog. Nice to see you here.

I've been waiting for Wallace's new series, too, but so far I haven't heard any news of any being released. I'm not sure why. Probably they're spacing them out since I don't think he will be filming all that much anymore with his budding singing career. Naturally, I'm happy for him, but I wish he would film more!

Here's Wallace Chung winning Most Popular Actor award at the 2011 Youku Awards on 12/15/11.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uljQWBbu_Go/

Here's a different viewpoint focusing on Wallace Chung's reaction when his winning status got announced. I think he was actually startled when he realized he won.

Here's the post-award interview with Wallace Chung and Hu Ge. These two are really funny together! The interview is translated in Hu Ge's thread in the following posts below.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1019714
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1019697
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1019686
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1019745
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1019762

Heehee! Melanie, your message reminded me of a beautiful man named Wallace.

I'm sad as well....but happy for his singing career. Shouldn't there be a musical production to apply this man's sexy voice?

Congrats to Wallace! Funny how his first reaction in the fancam is to jerk his head backwards as if saying, "Who? Me?" and then he immediately became a cool and collected person.

That little mustache is sexy! His interview with Hu Ge was hilarious. "US?" *Hu Ge looks down quickly to hide his happiness* I wouldn't mind if they collaborated in the near future!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by alicechen View Post
    I'm sad as well....but happy for his singing career. Shouldn't there be a musical production to apply this man's sexy voice?
    The thing is, Wallace's voice is dubbed by another person in the dramas where they just talk, so I think it's highly unlikely that they will make a musical where they dub his speaking voice but use his own voice to sing. I'm sure you've heard Wallace speak in Mandarin; it's kinda bad, not awful but bad. I think he still has a slight Cantonese accent when he speaks Mandarin. Have you seen his drama Midnight Sun, where they used his own voice? He looked really handsome and hot in there but sounded bad speaking Mandarin.

Congrats to Wallace! Funny how his first reaction in the fancam is to jerk his head backwards as if saying, "Who? Me?" and then he immediately became a cool and collected person.
    Yea, he seemed really surprised! I bet he thought he was just invited to present awards but didn't expect to win anything.

Here is the segment when Wallace first arrived at the Youku Awards ceremony. It's hilarious. Check out the very beginning of the clip. I think he was behind the wall, uncertain when he should make his entrance onto the red carpet when a hand behind the wall shoved him out. He looked a bit like a deer caught in headlights after being shoved out and then quickly regained his cool. Then, after signing his name on the big board, I think he was about to walk off with the pen but somebody probably screamed, "The pen!" So he had to go back and give the pen lady back her pen. He looked really goofy and confused.

And here's the complete Youku Awards ceremony, thanks to Liu Xiao Xiao who posted it in Hu Ge's thread. I didn't even realize Wallace was an award presenter until I watched the entire ceremony. Wallace appears at 25:56 minutes as an award presenter and at 1:02:22 hour as an award winner.

That little mustache is sexy! His interview with Hu Ge was hilarious. "US?" *Hu Ge looks down quickly to hide his happiness* I wouldn't mind if they collaborated in the near future!
    Yea, I think the mustache is incredibly sexy, too! He looks like his character in King of Shanghai. I don't like the hair and purple shiny blazer too much, though. I think there was one instance in the fancam when the camera was pointing downward at him during his award acceptance segment when he reminded me so much of American film icon Clark Gable with his mustache and dark good looks. Check out the clip below at 2:13 minutes and see the resemblance to Clark Gable.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uljQWBbu_Go/

I think Hu Ge and Wallace Chung would be pretty funny behind the scenes if they were to film the same drama. They seem like very goofy guys. I've already seen Wallace in some behind the scenes footage, and he is really funny and like a big kid. From Hu Ge's fans, it sounds like Hu Ge is the same way, so I'm sure these two would make a great comedic team behind the scenes during filming.

A beautiful video with Wallace Huo, Wallace Chung, Yan Kuan & Qiao Zhen Yu

tobeme - Thanks for posting the lovely MV above. There must be a fan out there who loves Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo, Yan Kuan, and Qiao Zhen Yu, since I previously encountered a few wuxia MVs on these four hotties. They were probably made by the same fan.

I happen to come across an article on Wallace Chung's latest gig in China from a mag I picked up in Shanghai. What do you think of his latest hairdo? No wonder he didn't want to shave his "crowning glory" for BBJX, hee hee hee!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/2d591e.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

^ My goodness, the mohawk style does not flatter him at all. The fact that it's purple doesn't help either

I guess it is a good thing Wallace wanted to preserve his hair and rejected the role of 4th prince. I just love Nicky's performance so much that I can't imagine anyone else in the role. I'm sure Wallace would have delivered a fine performance, but Nicky is "Si Ye"

tobeme - Thanks for posting the lovely MV above. There must be a fan out there who loves Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo, Yan Kuan, and Qiao Zhen Yu, since I previously encountered a few wuxia MVs on these four hotties. They were probably made by the same fan.
    Mainly because these four are being viewed as the hottest males in a Chinese forum Tianya (a very popular forum among the Chinese community). Not just videos but also all sorts of posters as well.

BTW, congrats to Wallace being the most popular actor of the year. Mel, your guy is hot in the Mainland.
    Last edited by tobeme; 12-23-11 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    ^ My goodness, the mohawk style does not flatter him at all. The fact that it's purple doesn't help either
    It's not a true mohawk as he didn't shave the sides. He just grew out the middle and dyed it purple, heheheh!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/154yutj.jpg')

He's ROCK N ROLL STAR Wallace Chung now, heheh. I've been reading news about his gigs in China, not hearing about any upcoming series or movies, though I do hope to see him act with Hu Ge in the same movie/series one day.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-23-11 at 02:02 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem