Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Cheung 3 Fung have survived thirteen 7 Seung Fists from Tse Tsun?

Default Could Cheung 3 Fung have survived thirteen 7 Seung Fists from Tse Tsun?

A powerful and enlightened Shaolin monk once survived twelve blows from Golden-Haired Lion King Tse Tsun's 7 Seung Fist before finally succumbing to the 13th fist (mainly because he had let his guard down). Could the 100-year old Cheung 3 Fung have also survived thirteen blows from Tse Tsun?

Unlikely, although his internal energy is the strongest in HSDS prior to the emergence of ZWJ. This is because Z3F never learned such a martial art.

This is not a statement to say that Z3F is weaker than the Shaolin monk or XX but rather in a real fight, it is likely that no one in the HSDS era would be able to land more than one punch on Z3F.

Didnt that powerful monk die only because Tse Tsun tricked him?

not a chance
    Actually, I think Kong ****( kong jian ?) might be slightly stronger than ZSF. He seemed pretty impressive.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Z3F is stronger.

Default Re: Could Cheung 3 Fung have survived thirteen 7 Seung Fists from Tse Tsun?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    A powerful and enlightened Shaolin monk once survived twelve blows from Golden-Haired Lion King Tse Tsun's 7 Seung Fist before finally succumbing to the 13th fist (mainly because he had let his guard down). Could the 100-year old Cheung 3 Fung have also survived thirteen blows from Tse Tsun?
    Maybe if Z3F is not standing still but can twist his body slightly to use his taiji to absorb the power.

Well, I thought Kong Jian was taken unexpectely by Xie Xun on the 13th punch becoz Xie Xun was trying to commit suicide and Kong Jian go save him but forgot tp turn on his Golden Vest Kung Fu?
    Swordsmanship’s Ultimate Ideal

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

Default Re: Could Cheung 3 Fung have survived thirteen 7 Seung Fists from Tse Tsun?

If ZSF is allowed to use his martial arts to counter, then yes, judging from his talent, power, techniques and experience, he could have survived it with his Tai Chi by redirecting the attack.

If he's not allowed to counter at all and just stand there to take the blow, like what KJ did, he would not have been able to sustain it without any scratch. ZSF does not know any form of 'Golden Bell' like Kung Fu. However, with his 100 years of inner power cultivation, I don't think he'll die or be paralized right away but I'm sure he'll be injured maybe breaking a few of his ribs or some form of internal damage and vomitting some blood.
    Last edited by Temujin; 06-16-04 at 09:43 AM.

Not sure, but maybe he mght have a chance since XX were weaker that time.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Nah. Z3F isn't Sweeper Monk.

I agree with Temujin. Z3F *did not know* any form of body protection gongfu (read: the novel did not tell us if he knew any, so I assume he did not know), while that monk was specialized in it. It was just like Z3F's own comment on Shaolin's JGZ (spelling?). He said something like he could not make a mark on gold ingots with his fingers like that, but that does not necessarily mean Z3F was weaker than the monk who knew the skill to do so.

If he were allowed to move and counter-attack, then that would be a yes.

If he just stand there, that would be a no. Z3F doesn't know any armor technique like KJ or the complete 9 Yang like ZWJ.

I remember right before Zhao Man and her man went to Wudang to challenge Z3F. They sent a shaolin monk to sneak attack him with a palm, and Z3F was injury quite bad. But I don't know how serious it was. But he was capable of still walking around and even perform the TaiChi Fist and TaiChi Sword for ZWJ.

i don't think zwj has better internal energy then zsf thats a big nonononononononon. Zwj= pansy with high internal enrgy. lol

Originally posted by rabadi
    I agree with Temujin. Z3F *did not know* any form of body protection gongfu (read: the novel did not tell us if he knew any, so I assume he did not know), while that monk was specialized in it. It was just like Z3F's own comment on Shaolin's JGZ (spelling?). He said something like he could not make a mark on gold ingots with his fingers like that, but that does not necessarily mean Z3F was weaker than the monk who knew the skill to do so.
    from XX's story to ZCS,YSS, and ZWJ, it seemed he was really2 impressed by KJ's ability. As we know, White Eagle got a chance to spar ZSF, and ZSF won the sparring secretly to keep White Eagle's face. However, the way ZSF won the sparring was not as impressive as KJ tamed XX. Supposed, XX ~ YTZ, therefore KJ > ZSF at that time ( couple years bfore he met ZCS).
    Last edited by ToOn99; 06-18-04 at 01:41 AM.

Hung Geen the Monk's inner power was very impressive for his era. His three compatriots Hung Wan (the Chief Abbot), Hung Sing, and Hung Tze showed no comparable ability (at least not in terms of inner power). I think Hung Geen learned some of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, although of course it was not the complete version that Cheung Mo Gei alone had (I think Shaolin did retain the largest portion, however).

Originally posted by ToOn99
    ...As we know, White Eagle got a chance to spar ZSF, and ZSF won the sparring secretly to keep White Eagle's face....
    ToOn, when did it happen? I do not remember. Remind me please.

KJ > ZSF at that time
    In one of the few parts of HSDS i did read when Z3F felt WJ's inner power entering his hand he commented that in this age possibly generation? 3f did not believe that anyone possed his level of inner power (which was not true WJ's inner power was on his level). It also states that only his master(GY), GJ and others ect(proboally refering to YG and other greats) had reached WJ and 3f's level of inner power. But this was years after the XX event but still neither the author nor 3f even mentions reverend KJ.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

I think Hung Geen learned some of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, although of course it was not the complete version that Cheung Mo Gei alone had (I think Shaolin did retain the largest portion, however).
    I don't think that Shaolin retained the greatest portion of the 9 Yang Jen Ging; at least not on a quantitative scale.

The qualitiative differences between the Shaolin, WuDang & Emei versions of 9Yang were: depth (shen/sum), purity (chun/soen), breadth (bo/bok).

These charateristics were reflective of the martial attainment of the people who listened to GY reciting the 9Yang manual.

Rabadi : I am not sure about it either, I might be wrong here. Can someone verify my posting ?

I think since the shaolin Monk ( forgot his name) was the best and the most experienced among those 3 ( the monk, GX,ZSF), he should have grasped and understood more about the theory of 9 Yang shen Gong from JY. Therefore, Shaolin possibly still kept the biggest part of that theory, and Wu Dang was the least but the purest because ZSF didnt know any other martial arts other than a little bit YG's Kung Fu and Shaolin Kung Fu that he learned from the THING ( don't know what its called )

Little statues?