Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

TVB are a great serie to watch. The DVDs have better quality color and sounds. Wish that I could buy DVDs LOCH82 and ROCH83. But they are sooo expensive! Both of these series are a classic Jin Yong's adapations. I guess I have to start saving some money and then can buy those.

Hi blue sky. I also want to know whether the Taiseng version of LOCH have problem on audio or not. The problem on the TVB version is in the Cantonese audio (not the Mandarin audio). It sounds so bad and muffled all the time. We often difficult to hear what the actor/actress saying. Sometimes the sound is high, sometimes it's very low.

BTW, where do you buy the Taiseng version and how much, because I cannot find it both at yesasia.com and taiseng.com. I think the Taiseng version must be much cheaper than the TVB version. (Refering to ROCH DVD, the TVB version is USD 140 while the Taiseng version is 62.50, for the same complete series and same quality)

Anybody who got the Duke of Mount Deer DVD already, please review and inform us whether the quality is good, the picture etc.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky
    Sorry but I don't know how to rip.

My friend just bought the version with the 3 booklet set, which I think is the Taiseng version. She said that audio is good, but she just didn't like the box since it was too soft.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    TVB are a great serie to watch. The DVDs have better quality color and sounds. Wish that I could buy DVDs LOCH82 and ROCH83. But they are sooo expensive! Both of these series are a classic Jin Yong's adapations. I guess I have to start saving some money and then can buy those.
    I think you can think of Taiseng version, it much cheaper than TVBI version. And I think the quality is the same.

So, no one got the dvd of The Duke of Mount Deer?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin
    So, no one got the dvd of The Duke of Mount Deer?
    I put more order in many months ago at a local store. Should be arriving soon. I'll try to get a simple review in as soon as I can.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    I went to my local video store in chinatown and got the dvd set with english subs for $73. I'm watching it right now and the subs are actually really good. Whoever did the translation did a great job. There are a few typos, but they are very few.

Upcoming Releases

Angels and Devils 北斗雙雄 (1983) starring CYF and Tony Leung
    Love and Passion 萬水千山總是情 (1982) starring Liza Wang

almo89, have you got it yet or?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin
    almo89, have you got it yet or?
    there has been a huge delay. They told me they can order directly from HK which is a lot more expensive. Usually they order me the local version which is exactly the same as HK except for the price and the label at the back that says "For sale outside of Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR only". Once i get it, i'll keep you updated. So right now im waiting for the local version. I'm surprised nobody got it yet.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Ok. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy
    I went to my local video store in chinatown and got the dvd set with english subs for $73. I'm watching it right now and the subs are actually really good. Whoever did the translation did a great job. There are a few typos, but they are very few.
    The LOCH boxset by Taiseng is sold for ~$60 on Ebay. If you have relatives in China, I would think they can get it for under $30 since the seller on Ebay price it at $25 and $30 for shipping. If shipping is within China, the seller says it's free. The set looks really good, except it's only 15 DVD. I wonder if it's DVD5 or DVD9.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

where dat "TVB singaporean fans" thread?

spcnet mods remove/delete thread again!

The box and the dics of DOMD can be seen here:

http://www.tower3a.com/cgi-bin/ut/to...771&pg=1&bpg=1

I think the box looks exclusive.

Thumbs up -----------Hello! Singapore TVB Fans??????????????????

any singapore TVB fans here?????????? could you tell me where you can get the TVB DVDs normally? I can not stop chasing TVB drama, the latest drama "DU CHENG FENG YUN" is very nice drama, want to share my best love TVB drama here

Quote Originally Posted by lovebaby
    any singapore TVB fans here?????????? could you tell me where you can get the TVB DVDs normally? I can not stop chasing TVB drama, the latest drama "DU CHENG FENG YUN" is very nice drama, want to share my best love TVB drama here
    TVB vcd or dvd can get from Poh Kim one.. But then those new series doesn't release so fast one.. Most probably need to wait for months.. Its sometimes after SCV had telecast, then they will have stock liao.. haha
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

I love watching shows on VV Drama on SCV....Though i onli go for the modern comedy type....I hate those ancient chinese shows except the Demanding mother in law show....

Default VV Drama

Hi,

Im new to this forum and I don't really noe where to post...If im wrong, adminstrators plz transfer the thread..

Im have not watch VV drama for veri long and wonder whether have My family shown before last time cause im watching currently, if it did not, i maybe able to find the disc, if it is shown before on VV drama i may not get it easily..

Im not sure whether VV drama shows different shows in diff country so just telling you im from Singapore...

Thanks

Has anyone buy DOMD from Ebay?

Default Finally Arrived!

So far the first 10 episodes ive seen looks awesome. Audio is great! I'm happy they kept the original titles unlike the VCD. The only difference is the english title that was computer generated because the original didn't have english on it. I wish they could have made the english look like the one in ROCH but overall this is the best DVD set from TVB so far! I only got it for $104 CDN taxes included already. That's why I waited instead of getting the actual HK version.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6439/12112006044nc4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4069/12112006045sg5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8413/12112006046gc9.jpg')
    Last edited by almo89; 12-11-06 at 07:31 AM.