Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Yeah Tai Seng is the best bet. I'm a collector, so im pretty picky when it comes to buying DVDs, blu rays and all that. If u see my collection, u'll know what i mean.
    Post a picture, man! I want to see your collection.

The original copy of "The Lonely Hunter" has been mailed to the dvd production company for remastering. Expect the dvd to be released in a couple of months.

Other than that, there is nothing new to report.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    The original copy of "The Lonely Hunter" has been mailed to the dvd production company for remastering. Expect the dvd to be released in a couple of months.

Other than that, there is nothing new to report.
    Ah Fook dropped THE BUND master tapes into the sewer while on his way to the production company, didn't he?

It's OK...I can handle the news in a civilized manner.

*Beats Ah Fook to death with an iron chair.*

I just bought the Duke of Mount Deer from YesAsia and it is the Tai Seng version. It kind of bothers me that the packaging is different than my LOCH and ROCH.

If anyone has the Tai Seng version of LOCH or ROCH and wants to do an even trade for my Modern Audio TVBI version, let me know.

I have some questions regarding the official Vietnamese DVDs (TVBI).

How's the audiovisual quality in general? Are they uncut? My interest in mainly in the 80's version of LOCH/ROCH/HSDS/DOMD. Thanks.

going to china in a couple months and i have a question to ask. is it true that if i brought movies back from china, they will not be playable cuz of the different regions on the discs? my dad's friend brought back vcds and they seem to work fine, so does it only affect dvd's? i am tempted to buy jy dramas when im there. i am also not referring to pirated copies if it makes any difference.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    going to china in a couple months and i have a question to ask. is it true that if i brought movies back from china, they will not be playable cuz of the different regions on the discs? my dad's friend brought back vcds and they seem to work fine, so does it only affect dvd's? i am tempted to buy jy dramas when im there. i am also not referring to pirated copies if it makes any difference.
    vcd's play on anything, DVD's are region coded, so if you buy a DVD not in the U.S., make sure on the back the picture has a 1 or any, that is the region code. 1 is the U.S. region code, and any means playable anywhere.

some of those DVD's may also play on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    vcd's play on anything, DVD's are region coded, so if you buy a DVD not in the U.S., make sure on the back the picture has a 1 or any, that is the region code. 1 is the U.S. region code, and any means playable anywhere.

some of those DVD's may also play on your computer.
    ah thx sfccrx, didnt know that about vcd's, i will keep my eye out for those JY dvd's otherwise i will resort to vcd's.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

ah thx sfccrx, didnt know that about vcd's, i will keep my eye out for those JY dvd's otherwise i will resort to vcd's.

FYI, don't waste your $$$$ on VCD, they are heavily edited, especially if they are TVB VCD, go with DVD and you're good to go.

They might just give you the pirated ones anyway. I bought all the seasons of sex in the city and season 1 of ugly betty. Guess what, some work some dont, very frustrating. So be prepare and good luck.

haha, if they dare to rip me off i shall unleash my kamikaze on them
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

if you want to find simple info about current/older tvb series, (ie. date produced, poster, cast, # of episodes, chinese title translated to english and vice versa)

feel free to visit my collection of tvb series:

http://ccsquinty.bravehost.com/tvbdvd.htm

I'll be picking up Lonely Hunter, Once Upon a Time in Shanghai and Conquerer's Story.

On a side not. Angels of Mission is coming out on DVD
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Conquerer's Story.
    Good choice! The Conqueror's Story is one of my favorite from TVB.

Beyond The Rose Garden looks interesting, and I vaguely remember it on TV when I was really small.

I was really bummed today while browsing through YesAsia to find that Blood of Good and Evil was actually released on VCD already in 2005. That is one of my top 5 series of all-time..... since it's already on VCD, there's probably little chance that it will get a DVD release too, right?

Just bought War of the Dragon recently, and it's really worth the money. I'm almost halfway through, and it's even better (story and acting) than I remembered. I don't think you'll ever see as much violence (people slashing each other up in the streets), swearing, and smoking in the newer series anymore. One word of caution for anyone purchasing the DVD set: don't let the DVD menu play for too long because it really spoils the ending. I don't understand why TVB has to compile a DVD menu that reveals some major ending scenes..... that's just stupid.
    Last edited by Alzarius; 04-05-08 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzarius View Post
    Beyond The Rose Garden looks interesting, and I vaguely remember it on TV when I was really small.

I was really bummed today while browsing through YesAsia to find that Blood of Good and Evil was actually released on VCD already in 2005. That is one of my top 5 series of all-time..... since it's already on VCD, there's probably little chance that it will get a DVD release too, right?

Just bought War of the Dragon recently, and it's really worth the money. I'm almost halfway through, and it's even better (story and acting) than I remembered. I don't think you'll ever see as much violence (people slashing each other up in the streets), swearing, and smoking in the newer series anymore. One word of caution for anyone purchasing the DVD set: don't let the DVD menu play for too long because it really spoils the ending. I don't understand why TVB has to compile a DVD menu that reveals some major ending scenes..... that's just stupid.
    Yeah there's little chance of it being released on DVD anytime soon if it's already released on VCD. It sucks cause so many good ones are on VCD. Thank god they released some of the Jin Yong ones on DVD.

I have War of the Dragon, but haven't got around watching it. I'm still finishing up on Lengendary 4 aces.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Hello, as a hudge Lau Ching-wan fan, I'd like to know if some of the TVB series he starred in have been released on DVD with english subtitles?

thanks in advance.

Duncan,
    unless you count Sean's cameo or supporting roles, like Twilight of a Nation and Grand Canal, most of the tv series he main-starred in is in VCD, not in DVD (yet).

Go to YesAsia. Search using his chinese-name character "劉青雲". If you can't find what you want, write a letter or e-mail to TVB or TVBI. Good luck!

Smile Chor Lau Heung and LOCH/ROCH 70's DVD

Hi. Does anyone know if TVB would be releasing Adam Cheng's 1978 65 episodes Chor Lau Heung on DVD (the uncut version)?

Also, any idea if there would be a release of LOCH and ROCH on DVDs from the 1970's starring Michelle Yim as Wong Rong and Li Tao Ming as Xiao Long Nu?