Page 67 of 99 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    no, sending an email to hk newspaper is enough.
    That sounds like a good idea... Hey, do you think we should do that? Maybe we (the fans here in Spcnet)can all get together and do that.. Lets wait for Ken to come back and see what he thinks.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Upcoming DVD Release:

蓋世豪俠 - The Final Combat (1989)

Upcoming DVD Release:

Finally something to get excited for. I will get this one for sure.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

無冕天使 - The Adventures of the Woman Reporter (1983)

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-ad...0-en/info.html

You see: I never even heard of this one.

Just why the hell is TVB scraping the bottom of their barrel when the classics go unreleased? It defies all explanation.

I had originally planned to purchase the new DVD release of Greed of Man, thinking it will replace my old tapes with better quality DVDs.... but looks like the reviews on yesasia suggest that there are some scenes that have been censored and left out. That really pisses me off. Can't TVB leave things alone? My tapes aren't the best quality, but at least it has the whole original show on it.... so I won't be giving TVB any of my business for this series. Guess I'll just watch my tapes and not waste my money with the DVDs.

Which series is that?? I have NEVER heard of it....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Upcoming DVD Release:

YES, this is a great series!!!I have to convince my family if I can get it or not since my mom doesn't like it that much.

Default The Greed Of Men

i've been watching this film again lately, since the last time i saw it i liked Loletta Lee and David Siu alot, i don't remember the ending that much though.

i was watching some of the mv's on them and found it very cute...untill i remembered she died.

is this scene really sad? i've been putting it off so as not to cause myself unecessary sadness.

i don't remember anything after tat until Ling (the one adam likes) dies and when the five father and son jumps from the building.

anyone who has watched it, could you tell me if it would be very depressing or not?

maybe i'll wait till christmas to watch if its really depressing.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

You'll probably get more answers from the preexisting thread on the series:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=21574
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

thanks i was looking for it but couldn't find it on the listing

It's one of the most depressing series that you could ever find. Buy heaps of Klennex when you watch this. But dont; be put off, this is a great production.

David Sui and Loletta Lee were one of my fav couples of all time. But I felt Fong Ting could have done more. it always seemed like Hao Hai was the ultimately sacrificing one.

Love David in every role!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i actually thought her wrong to begin with him. it was impossible from the start. it was right that she ended it.

they're my fav couple too...knowing she's going to die soon i've been neglecting the disc...its tearing at me...i want to watch...but i don't want to be sad.

Excellent show btw. I didn't get what happened at the end with Amy Kwok's father. Did Lau Ching Wan betray him or something? I didn't get it.

Damian Lau's scene where he almost got fired from the newspaper job was sad. You really felt for the guy. Lau Ching Wan's scene where he pretty much tells off Adam Cheng's mother at his place was great too. Adam Cheng was like consistent throughout and man was he a creep. Very good performances by everybody.

This is definitely up there as one of the best of all time along with the Bund of course . Wonder what Ken has to say about that haha. His TVB interested ended abruptly after 1986.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    vivian died because she wasnt in the sequel, while amy was
    The confusing part about the ATV seuqel, is that Viv's character did live on, but was played by that actress who spoke Mandarin, and her role did die later on. But then a idnetical girl came back as a plot to get info form Sean. Alice Chan took on Amy's role, while Amy took on a completely different character who was a psychologist who assessed Ding Hai for his sanity.

And to almo89, the deal with Amy's father and Sean was that he and the triad gangster that was Viv's godfather, would help Sean by putting all their money into bringing down the Dings. Apparently, Sean thought that the only reason they couldn't for so many years was that Ding hai has incredible luck, and to bring him down, he must be in teh saem boat as unlucky people. So he decided that Amy's dad and viv's Godfather had really bad luck so he invested all their money for teh market to go down (same choice as the Dings), and hope that their bad luck would use up Ding Hai's good luck.

But he did not tell the two what his intention was and that he would reimburse them double times for their losses, so Amy's dad thought that he had lost everything, had an heart attack and died.

Oh gosh, it is so hard to choose between Adam and Damian for teh best actor.
    Last edited by charbydis; 10-27-08 at 07:26 PM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I don't really think Lau Ching Wan cared much for Tsang Kong (Amy's dad) and Lau Kong (the guy in the wheelchair). Although they were in a fairly "sad" state at the end, being lonely and having lost their family, Lau Ching Wan still remembers that they were partly responsible (with Adam Cheng) for his dad's fate. They were just people who had their payback for all the bad things (corruption, smuggling) they had done in the past.

Default 2009 tvb dvd release schedule

waiting for 2009 tvb dvd new release schedule
    anyone can tell me?
    i am waiting for "the sandwich man" (adam cheng,barbara yung)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Just freaking release THE BUND already, you morons!
    I was in San Jose the other day and saw the BUND on DVD, BUT in Viet. IT was released a long time ago... I wonder why it is taking so long to be released in Chinese?? I don't like the BUND or else I would have bought it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I was in San Jose the other day and saw the BUND on DVD, BUT in Viet. IT was released a long time ago... I wonder why it is taking so long to be released in Chinese?? I don't like the BUND or else I would have bought it...
    I have the full version of the Bund from the Japanese release and it's in cantonese. It's a bootleg though, so the quality is not top notch. It's good for a bootleg, but I rather have an official release.