Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's probably the same thing that happened two months ago with the HSDS '86 release. Announce it on U.S. Yesasia for an exorbitant price, take it OFF the inventory, let Tai Seng release it officially several weeks later for a much lower price.

The process is completely retarded, but at least the final results are good.

that's exactly what they are doing, letting Tai Seng release it, see it's reposted again.

The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils I & II DVD, 12 DVD's 50 episodes.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004686971/

I seen this for the first time on JadeWorld East a few months ago, great cast and I didn't even know I had both the title songs.

OMG so expensive o_o
    I bought lethal weapson for like 60 + and i thought that was expensive
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

you should
    it was a great series
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

Fellow ROCH '83 DVD owners, I need some help:

While going through the discs at random last night, I found that Episode 2 of ROCH '83 (Disc 1, Episode 2, which is also Episode 2 of the series overall) wouldn't play properly. The disc became all pixelated and began to skip. This happened on two different DVD players.

Did anyone else have problems with this episode, or do I have a defective disc?

defective disc. i have two versions of the dvd and neither skipped.

Fellow ROCH '83 DVD owners, I need some help:

While going through the discs at random last night, I found that Episode 2 of ROCH '83 (Disc 1, Episode 2, which is also Episode 2 of the series overall) wouldn't play properly. The disc became all pixelated and began to skip. This happened on two different DVD players.

Did anyone else have problems with this episode, or do I have a defective disc?
    mine worked fine.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Thanks, guys. I'm going to need to find a way to acquire a replacement disc.

"Sigh."

I also seem to be having issues with Episode 11 of Part 2 of LOCH '82 (the episode wherein Gwok Jing competes against Au Yeung Hak for Wong Yung's hand in marriage). This episode just plain won't play. Anybody else have similar problems?

"Sigh."

Default Thread For Tracking TVBI/Taiseng DVD Defects

OK. I'm not pleased that my LOCH '82 and ROCH '83 (and possibly my HSDS '86) DVD boxed sets from TVBI/Taiseng have defects.

What I've found so far on my discs:

1. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 11: Episode won't play. Gets stuck on the menu.

2. ROCH '83, Episode 2: Pixelated and skips.

According to almo89, there are other issues such as sound levels, etc.

If you own any TVBI/Taiseng DVD boxed sets for TVB serials, and you've found any defects on any of the discs, please note them in this thread. We paid good money for this product and if the product that the companies are putting out are substandard or defective, then we must put pressure on the manufacturers to correct the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 1xclusive_babi
    you should
    it was a great series
    still is a great series.

I've had no problems with my ROTH '83 from TVBI, but the LOTCH '82 from both TVBI and Tai Seng I bought is far from perfect, the Video is excellent, but the audio from both companies lack the sound quality of ROTCH '83.

The LOTCH '82 sounds stronger on the Mandarin side and is muffled on the Cantonese side....................

I also seem to be having issues with Episode 11 of Part 2 of LOCH '82 (the episode wherein Gwok Jing competes against Au Yeung Hak for Wong Yung's hand in marriage). This episode just plain won't play. Anybody else have similar problems?

"Sigh."
    I watched all of LOCH 82 and didn't remember anything about a unplayable disk. I always try to watch the series I get ASAP because returns can be difficult when it has been a while.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

OK. I'm not pleased that my LOCH '82 and ROCH '83 (and possibly my HSDS '86) DVD boxed sets from TVBI/Taiseng have defects.

What I've found so far on my discs:

1. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 11: Episode won't play. Gets stuck on the menu.

2. ROCH '83, Episode 2: Pixelated and skips.

According to almo89, there are other issues such as sound levels, etc.

If you own any TVBI/Taiseng DVD boxed sets for TVB serials, and you've found any defects on any of the discs, please note them in this thread. We paid good money for this product and if the product that the companies are putting out are substandard or defective, then we must put pressure on the manufacturers to correct the problems.
    This could be an issue just with Tai Seng DVD's. Since your sets are all Tai Seng, you would probably want to find out who has the Tai Seng versions first. Tai Seng sets are not available up here in Canada.

Same here.. Whenever I get a series I always watch it asap so if there are any problems, I can exchange it within the time period that they allow exchanges for any defective discs.... Exchanges are impossible if not difficult if you wait for too long.

Did you get yours at yesasia Ken? If so, they would get you a replacement disc if you exchanged it within 14 days of purchase.
    Last edited by Trinie; 03-19-07 at 09:29 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    The LOCH boxset by Taiseng is sold for ~$60 on Ebay. If you have relatives in China, I would think they can get it for under $30 since the seller on Ebay price it at $25 and $30 for shipping. If shipping is within China, the seller says it's free. The set looks really good, except it's only 15 DVD. I wonder if it's DVD5 or DVD9.

I brought the LOCH82 dvd boxset from ebay for US19.99 but after shipping and conversion, it was roughly AUD61.00. which isnt bad the quality of the dvds is very good but when it plays in credits the sound is hard to hear but the actual movie itself is good... yea, why is it only 15dvds i thought the series was 60 episodes altogether... perhaps they took out some draggy parts...?

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie
    I brought the LOCH82 dvd boxset from ebay for US19.99 but after shipping and conversion, it was roughly AUD61.00. which isnt bad the quality of the dvds is very good but when it plays in credits the sound is hard to hear but the actual movie itself is good... yea, why is it only 15dvds i thought the series was 60 episodes altogether... perhaps they took out some draggy parts...?
    15 DVD's should be right. There should be 59 episodes all together.

I've kind of found a solution for the LOCH '82 disc.

Episode 11 of Part 2 wouldn't play on my main DVD player (a 2005 JVC), but it did play on my Insignia portable DVD player. It also played on my PS2. For some reason, my JVC just won't read that episode, but if the Insignia portable and PS2 can, I suppose it's tolerable (still don't like it, though; these discs should be *perfect*).

I'm still going to have to replace that ROCH '83 disc, though; Episode 2 won't play on anything.

I have the Taiseng version but didn't find any error on the disc. Sometime it could be the DVD player.

I've kind of found a solution for the LOCH '82 disc.

Episode 11 of Part 2 wouldn't play on my main DVD player (a 2005 JVC), but it did play on my Insignia portable DVD player. It also played on my PS2. For some reason, my JVC just won't read that episode, but if the Insignia portable and PS2 can, I suppose it's tolerable (still don't like it, though; these discs should be *perfect*).

I'm still going to have to replace that ROCH '83 disc, though; Episode 2 won't play on anything.
    Did you try to play the disc on your computer? Did you try to make a copy of ROCH Disc (burn it on the brand of DVDR media that works on your player)?

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    Did you try to play the disc on your computer? Did you try to make a copy of ROCH Disc (burn it on the brand of DVDR media that works on your player)?
    I do that sometimes and it works.