Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Su You Peng - A Superstar Meant To Be Loved!!!

OMG.

I just finished Love of the Aegean Sea and I am at lost for words.

Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet so I look forward to a discussion soon!

When this thread isn't as quiet...

Since school started for some of us!

So Aegean is better than we thought?
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

*laughs* Hey Tina!

Yes, Aegean Sea was much, much better than I expected it to be. I thought the language barrier would've made it lacking in chemistry but this time, Alec's eyes spoke millions... he does not always speak (as En Qi) what he feels inside, but it is his body language... his eyes... this facial expressions that tell us everything.

Alec really delivered in here... and Aegean Sea sure had a deep plot and he managed to bring out the best in Lu En Qi... when he's brooding, angry, loving (VERY loving! and oh, so sweet)... you'll be so touched by his tears here.

He has grown... from Yong Qi, to Xiao Peng, to Du Fei to En Qi... Yong Qi's the prince we always love, Xiao Peng... Du Fei the klutzy one, and En Qi is reality... he's rich, yes but he grew up with his mother telling him exactly what to do...

Like Yong Qi, he doesn't have the freedom he's entitled to... but unlike YQ, he doesn't always get what he wants in life... he falls in love, but knows that deep down inside, he can't afford to fall in love...

As En Qi, he is a man of few words... and we see him grow in here.. from this young man, who despite his lack of freedom, he didn't have as much to worry about... into this man, who had found love and lost love... learned how to hate, learned how to be selfish... learned that above all, he cannot live without Xiao Tong....

Aegean Sea is about love... each and every one's definition of the same thing. En Qi and Xiao Tong's (Chae Rim), Yao Xiang's (Peter Ho), En Qi's Mother, his father...

I found it beautiful

Good to know Alec's acting as improved much.

I have faith in the acting, after all, Alec and Peter are both great actors, but I don't have faith in the plot. I personally think that great as the cast is, I'd probably go insane watching this.

hey girls, sorry about the late reply on media clip downloads! too much homework to do...

here they are:
    alec’c cd debut concert 100 mb, 46 mins (long one)
    mms://nc.sina.com.cn/1/ent/kd040803sypfbh.wmv

magician shooting media conference
    http://www.kangta.com.cn/video/2004/...14cctvnews.asf

alec, ruby, leo promoting QSSYMM in Taiwan’s show! (very funny)
    http://loveruby.com/mov/zy/dxj2.wmv
    http://loveruby.com/mov/zy/dxj1.wmv

Magician media clips
    http://loveruby.com/mov/new/msqy1.wmv
    http://loveruby.com/mov/new/msqy2.wmv

alec swimming in Magician! (very interesting)http://www.kangta.com.cn/video/2004/...agontvnews.asf

Enjoy these clips! every one of them is fabulous! Use Net transport to download!!! (right click the link and select download by net transport or copy and paste the mms link)

btw, aegean sea is a great series! even though the external relationship between alec's dad and his mistress went offtrack, everything else is refreshing! loved the ending!!! alec looked hot in the second part!
    Last edited by powergal888; 08-21-04 at 09:22 PM.

i really really want someone to spoil LOVE OF THE AEGAN SEA for me please?????????? i really want to know???

nice to meet you sweetsmile! welcome to spcnet! as for the ending of aegean sea, it's surprising and sublime! i can tell u through pm since i don't want to spoil it entirely to the public! btw, did you start watching it or you just want to know the ending?

Originally posted by sweetsmile
    i really really want someone to spoil LOVE OF THE AEGAN SEA for me please?????????? i really want to know???

Thanks for the links.

As for the show..might as well spoil it for me too. I know the basic basic jist of it, and I don't ever plan on watching it.

HI GUYS!

eheh no tiem to read anythign actually. just stoppin to say hi. be back some time later to talk more. ehhe but just gotta make a real quick comment.

Emily. so u enjoyed Aegean Sea huh? so is the ending sad? (where they died?) or was it a happy one? since u said it u liked it eheheh. ---- i'm just curious becuz when it does come out in viet i would deff wanna watch it, DESPITE my dislike for cai lin. (stubborn, hard-headed, ignorant.... etc etc eheh yes, that is excatly wat i am so i can' except anyoen other than vicki for dearest alec ) eheh lol.
    "I'm madly in love with the girl that i've accidently shot with my own arrows; Xiao Yan Zi"

Hey everybody!

Tina, plot got me all worked up at times... but it definitely had a strong cast to back it up. The plot seems simpler on the surface, but dig deeper and you'll come up with a plot which is worth applause.

Emily thanks heaps for the links! *laughs* Alec swimming in The Magician? How fascinating. Starting to downloading the QSSYMM links first. I'm back into my QSSYMM phase again! Emily, I was annoyed as to what happened to Xiao Tong's cousin and En Qi's father at the end... I wanted to see a better conclusion there, than just having her give birth and we don't see her ever again.

On your use of the word "mistress"... well, IMO, first and foremost... they didn't really do anything they weren't supposed to do. They knew they had feelings for each other and En Qi's father kept it supressed, and tried to keep her away, knowing that he has a family and Hui Wen accepted it as that and like him, tried not to break up his family. However, it was Mrs. Lu (En Qi's mother) that sparked everything up again... but making more of their alleged affair (which never really happened in the first place) and resulted in her husband asking for a divorce because of what she was doing to everybody physically and emotionally...

And from that, it resulted in the break in En Qi and Xiao Tong's relationship.

The ending was beautiful, in its own way but it rendered me speechless. I kept telling myself, no... it shouldn't have ended that way. It's turning Aegean Sea into a Shakespearean tragedy to the core... and I could just see Summer Scent and HZGGIII happening before my eyes... the thumping of the heart, the spirit of Er Kang returning to visit Zi Wei...

Tina, can I not change your mind about watching it?

Hien, you HAVE to watch Aegean Sea... it's a beautiful love story.

First of all, thanks bunchies to Emily for those links! You're always good sources for us in Alec's videoclip world . Wow, Alec really looks propressional in his cutting rope magic show! He's good! *claps*

Guess what guys? My rental store has Aegean sea! (off course, in Chinese tho). Well, well, well....I would definitely rent it no matter what...lol. Hee...hee...Debbie, mind if I bug you for spoilers? . Oi.., by reading your review on Aegean sea, just wanna make me watch it more! Thankies!

What happened to Chrissy???? I havent seen her here for months! She cant be disappear like this!!!!! Chrissy, where're you? I miss you, girl!

Hey Vanan! Haven't seen you in awhile... how are ya? I don't mind you bugging me for spoilers because it's terrific to hear that you're going to rent Aegean Sea no matter what. You're most welcome It's definitely worth watching though.

definetely, aegean sea is based on love with family relationships...

Since I already knew the ending when I saw it months ago, i wasn't surprised. BUt my mom was like "I thought it would be happy!"

I think it can cut to 30 episodes instead of 40 because some parts are extra... such as Peter ho's father and his step brother...alec's father and his secretary...and alec's fiance and his mother...

If it were 30 episodes, it would have been juicier, and I wouldn't have to fast-forward all the time.

Overall, the plot was great since the plato's love was a new theme in modern tv series. This kind of love happens all around us, but we never realize it. So it makes us think deeper about love and sacrifice... I would recommended!

Hey Emily,

I guess I kinda knew the ending, vaguely... but that hopeful side of me was hoping otherwise... maybe there'll be a miracle, etc. etc. Even knowing, it rendered me completely speechless. Definitely put a dampening end to the drama, although if you looked at it from another perspective, they were together anyway. (Does this seem a bit like HZGGIII with all that Tian Shang Ren Jian stuff? )

At first I fast forwarded over stuff about Peter Ho, his father, etc. but towards the middle, I suddenly realised how important they were to the plot. It wasn't all "extra"! Yao Xiang's father realised how important his son's love for photography was... and how he should by now, be able to give something back to his son...

En Qi's father and his secretary gave depth to the story... set the scene for Xiao Tong and En Qi. You see, if it weren't for them, En Qi and Xiao Tong mightn't have gotten into such a huge mess in the first place. En Qi's father and his secretary showed that their love was selfish yet it seemed right...in the name of love... who would want to live and be married to somebody like En Qi's mother anyway!?

*SPOILER ALERT* Do NOT read on if you don't want to know anything with regard to Aegean Sea....

Alec's fiance and his mother both loved En Qi in their own way... hence, that had to be shown as well. Their love was ultimately overwhelming... it was what killed En Qi. Their definition of love... also meant to have En Qi by their side, regardless... physically... if not emotionally.

*END SPOILER*

If it weren't for all these people, Aegean Sea would be such a simple plot! Hence, something I wouldn't even touch... despite the fact that Alec's in it.

@_@ Would someone be kind enough to PM me a detailed story of the plot with who plays who? Because I am now uber-confused.

And no, you can't make me watch it. Sorry.

Oh! And I believe Chrissy is still on vacation.

VANAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aeagean Sea IS out in VIET!!!!!!!!!!!
    eheheheeee i went to chicago today and i immediately ask the store owner "Chu co phim nao moi nhat cua To Huu Bang hong?" kekek and he was like "errrrrmm ehehe yes, chau la co ma toi ngay me thang ddo ha. co' bo nay ne." and he showed me aegean sea!
    LOL but there's 4 tapes only eheheh and i'd have to wait weekly for like several releases.

well just wanted to let u know! i'm gonna go watch it right now (and i'm goign to keep my fingers crossed to see IF the guy thats gonna dub alec's voice is gonna be the same one that did his voice back in hzgg1. *crosses fingers* kekek)
    "I'm madly in love with the girl that i've accidently shot with my own arrows; Xiao Yan Zi"

*sigh* i just finnished watching the first two tapes of AS (aegean sea). the thing i love most is ALEC! GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!! He is SOOOO HANDSOME! *MAJOR DROOLS* i couldn't stop grinning when i saw him! kekkeeke eheh i was on cloud nine every time he dishes out his dazzlin smile!!!!

..............eheheh but everythign else was rather dissapointing.

1) cheap "humor" from peter ho right off the bat threw me off
    2) Cai Lin's character was rather tooo whimpy and "weak". god, she cried too easily. (i dont mind crying cuz i love it when XYZ cries... but geezsh, weak girls crying due to the tiniest thing like the "drop of a pin to the floor" is over doing it for me)
    3) is it just me......... or doesn't it almost look like another version of ohhj? alec AND cai lin touring the area while BOTH wearing soem form of similar handbags? bahhhh it was cute back then w/ vicki... but now
    4) I get the point this serial was filmed in greece, but it annoyed the hell out of me that the serial almost seem like a freaking "tour guide" enuff w/ the damn sceneries and more on w/ alec!
    5) of course, i find their (cai lin/peter and other minor+annoying actors) acting kinda stiff
    6) and the stupid ending theme song??? wat the HELL did they do to alec's voice!!! bahh! i KNOW it's alec singing, yet the voice was so high pitched it sounded like "chip n dale" the chipmunks signign it!

eheheheh some little thigns i also noticed was:
    1) the girl that played alec's fiance was in hsds w/ alec. she played that young girl that married that one crippled diciple of the wu dang clan. her name was Bat Hoi (in viet).
    2) the guy that played the bf of Cai Lin's sister is the one from ohhj that demanded that "breakup fee" from vicki, and got his butt whopped by Xiao Peng (alec) in there.

and oh vanan.. u know i jsut jynxed myself. before i watched the serial i told my bro "hey, wouldn't it be funny if the viet guy who always dubbed the voice for Dicky did the voice for alec in here?" ........ bah-hum-bug, why the hell did i even brought it up! turns out, it WAS him to dubb the voice for alec this time. ehehe not that he's not good, but i'm soooo used to "imagining" that voice as dicky lol. --- *sigh* it's still great though. lovign alec sooo much!!!!! (DEPSITE all of those faults of the serial! urghhk!)

Hien, congrats on getting Aegean Sea!

*laughs* He is VERY handsome in there, huh? Love the free-flowing hair at the beginning... when he had less to worry about ... three years later, he came back with a reserved, restrained all gelled-up hairdo (reflecting him at that point in his life) In Aegean Sea, he smiles less and less ... he finds happiness, loses happiness, finds happiness again at a cost... it's tragic.

As I said, Peter Ho (Yao Xiang) didn't appeal to me throughout... and his character I disliked until they returned to Shanghai. He was the friend anybody would want to have in their life. He befriended En Qi (Alec Su), when he became his driver and they became awesome friends... En Qi brought out the best in Yao Xiang, teaching him how to appreciate life and use his life to the full.

Yao Xiang falls in love with Xiao Tong (Chae Rim)... and En Qi, coincidentally also falls in love with Xiao Tong in Greece. (What are the odds?) Knowing that Xiao Tong loved somebody else, Yao Xiang spurred her on, and was always there for her whenever she needed a friend. Falling in love with En Qi wasn't easy... they were obstacles. Major obstacles.

The early Xiao Tong (in Greece), was fun, loving, easy-going... had absolutely nothing to worry about until she fell in love with the complicated (yet oh, so gorgeous) En Qi. She changed then... she just grew up. She became very strong, very wilful... the rock En Qi could lean on... she understood him completely... she understood how important it was for En Qi to be a filial son despite how his mother treated her... if it weren't for her, En Qi would never had held on that long and never fought to love.

I found their happy scenes together very romantic. (Hien, look beyond the actors... and you find very beautiful characters underneath)

Aegean Sea had its flaws... but I learned to love it because it was very real. How it defined love - Plato's Eternity.

Originally posted by AlecnVicky
    *sigh* i just finnished watching the first two tapes of AS (aegean sea). the thing i love most is ALEC! GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!! He is SOOOO HANDSOME! *MAJOR DROOLS* i couldn't stop grinning when i saw him! kekkeeke eheh i was on cloud nine every time he dishes out his dazzlin smile!!!!

..............eheheh but everythign else was rather dissapointing.

1) cheap "humor" from peter ho right off the bat threw me off
    2) Cai Lin's character was rather tooo whimpy and "weak". god, she cried too easily. (i dont mind crying cuz i love it when XYZ cries... but geezsh, weak girls crying due to the tiniest thing like the "drop of a pin to the floor" is over doing it for me)
    3) is it just me......... or doesn't it almost look like another version of ohhj? alec AND cai lin touring the area while BOTH wearing soem form of similar handbags? bahhhh it was cute back then w/ vicki... but now
    4) I get the point this serial was filmed in greece, but it annoyed the hell out of me that the serial almost seem like a freaking "tour guide" enuff w/ the damn sceneries and more on w/ alec!
    5) of course, i find their (cai lin/peter and other minor+annoying actors) acting kinda stiff
    6) and the stupid ending theme song??? wat the HELL did they do to alec's voice!!! bahh! i KNOW it's alec singing, yet the voice was so high pitched it sounded like "chip n dale" the chipmunks signign it!

eheheheh some little thigns i also noticed was:
    1) the girl that played alec's fiance was in hsds w/ alec. she played that young girl that married that one crippled diciple of the wu dang clan. her name was Bat Hoi (in viet).
    2) the guy that played the bf of Cai Lin's sister is the one from ohhj that demanded that "breakup fee" from vicki, and got his butt whopped by Xiao Peng (alec) in there.

and oh vanan.. u know i jsut jynxed myself. before i watched the serial i told my bro "hey, wouldn't it be funny if the viet guy who always dubbed the voice for Dicky did the voice for alec in here?" ........ bah-hum-bug, why the hell did i even brought it up! turns out, it WAS him to dubb the voice for alec this time. ehehe not that he's not good, but i'm soooo used to "imagining" that voice as dicky lol. --- *sigh* it's still great though. lovign alec sooo much!!!!! (DEPSITE all of those faults of the serial! urghhk!)
    lol... told ya it would be disappointing somehow.

Yes Alec was handsome, in the beginning of the story he was such a mamma's boy that it annoyed me. I thought the series was going to be pretty good because it started out with some humor of Cai Lin tripping over something, but god nvm.

I never liked Peter Ho, in CTHD (Crouching Tigers Hidden Dragon) he alrdy gave me the impression of being a try-hard actor and in Aegean sea, it stays the same. He is NOT funny. He is NOT hot in those gangster style. And the way he tries to hide his feelings for Xiao Tong with bad attitudes is not smooth.

Alec's fiancee is pretty cute to me, I saw her in this other series and she looked adorable.. here she's ok.

The romance is ok. lol.
    I eat papers for fun.

Go Alec and Vicki!

Originally posted by AlecnVicky
    VANAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aeagean Sea IS out in VIET!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hee...hee...Hien, yea, I found out yesterday too. When I went to the rental store to ask for Aegean sea in Chinese to rent, the owner told me "dont rent it yet, it's out in Viet already, we'll have it next wk". I was almost jump and scream in exciting, but had to hold it there....lolz. Gezz, time is dragging now, I hate to wait!!!!!!!! "my" rental store is always slow on all of new releases (that's the only one in my area), so I wont have my hand on those copies till next wk . Grrrrrrrrrr..................

Well, Hien, thanks for your feedback on Viet-dubbed version. At least, I have some clues about the series. Yup, the most I was looking forward was the dubbed voice for Alec...dang, so it's "Dicky dubbed voice"....*sighs*, well, that voice wouldnt be suited to Alec's character, would it? Would it sound too cheerful and happy for Alec's character in the series? Damn!!!! I am soo obsessed w/ the voice that was dubbed for Alec in HGZZ, QSSYMM...just like you, Hien!