Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Hi Sheng! Welcome to Xiao Hai's thread!!! You've been reading this thread for months and haven't posted here 'til now? I am sad. Hehe, just kidding. Better late than never. Please tell us how you discovered the deliciousness that is our Xiao Hai ge ge. Have you seen any of his series and if so, which is your favorite?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    wow weiyi u must really like him, hai gege, u didn't even say liang ge ge before....
    Lady Zhuge is right. After all, when in Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    christmas card? do it at chinese new yrs, and that reminds me of the time when u wanted to write letters to gll
    Right. Unfortunately, my obsession with GL didn't coincide with any major holiday seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Weiyi, I'm sure that Xiao Hai ge ge would appreciate some greetings from us. I agree with alecforever815 that Chinese New Year's might be better, though. Do you think that a collective greeting would be convenient, since we're not exactly in the same...vicinity? Also, I don't think he knows English except perhaps the very basics, so to be safe, everything should be written in Chinese.
    Chinese New Year would be great. I was just thinking Christmas because I have been writing so many "Merry Christmas - Hello from Shanghai!" cards lately.

I think a collective greeting would be a good idea. Basically because I don't know if I would have the gall to do it alone. Also, two(or more) heads are always better than one.
    Plus, I think my SXH fondness wouldn't be what it is if not for this thread and the endless opportunities for discussion and analysis I find on it. So I can see a fan greeting from this thread as perhaps more apt than one from me personally.

Since this thread is in English then, it might be appropriate to have whatever we want to write to him in both English (which we can read) and Chinese (which he can read) on it.

Logistically, I was thinking we could have one person buy the card, write it, and then send it off - with the contents of the card being decided by the thread.
    Last edited by AnalyticChick; 12-04-04 at 06:02 AM.

heey! been a long while!
    hey, soory again to both Lady Zhuge and Analytic Chick about what i posted back in ambitious Bao qing tian. i didn't really mean anything there. its just that i really think that that gossip about fbb and wxb is just that-gossip only.

sorry if i haven't been posting here lately, i've been busy watching so many tv series at the same time. hehe.
    i finished tian yi shen shui, its a must watch! it would have you crying till the very end. its a wonderfully sad drama.
    now, i am watching Taiwan's The Rose and Korea's Lovers in Paris and Bright Girl. hehe, Park Shin Yang is just so cute!
    i also finished watching the following movies:
    Azumi(Japan)
    My Wife is a Gangster(Korea)
    Volcano High(korea)
    House of Flying Daggers
    Ashes of Time
    Days of Being Wild

i plan to watch the following movies when i find the time:
    Korea:
    The Yong Bride
    My tutor Friend
    The Classic
    Untold Scandals
    Taegukgi
    Windstruck
    Japan:
    Battle Royale2
    Takashi Miike's movies(as soon as i find them here during another of my vcd/dvd hunt)
    new horror flicks(One Missed Call)

Hk:
    Jiang Hu
    Kung Fu Hustle

here are the series that i plan to rent or to buy:
    China:
    SXH's WYN
    Jiang Shan Feng Wu Qing
    Ambitous Bao Qing Tian
    Xian Jian Qi Xia Chuan
    Amazing Twins
    Taiwan:
    The outsiders 1 and 2
    Starry Starry Night(Peter Ho is in this! aiieee!!!)
    Korea:
    Memories of Bali(with Soh Ji Suk)
    Glass shoes
    and many more!!!!

am i glad that Christmas break is nearing.

well lady zhuge, i guess that's that. i better turn the computer off and get back to studying. hehe, i can already hear my mum behind me!!!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    Chinese New Year would be great. I was just thinking Christmas because I have been writing so many "Merry Christmas - Hello from Shanghai!" cards lately.
    On what day will Chinese New Year fall this time? It always seems to vary from year to year.

I think a collective greeting would be a good idea. Basically because I don't know if I would have the gall to do it alone. Also, two(or more) heads are always better than one.
    Plus, I think my SXH fondness wouldn't be what it is if not for this thread and the endless opportunities for discussion and analysis I find on it. So I can see a fan greeting from this thread as perhaps more apt than one from me personally.
    Points well taken. This thread is indeed a good outlet for all of our Xiao Hai ge ge fanta...erm fantastic Xiao Hai ge ge discussions.

Since this thread is in English then, it might be appropriate to have whatever we want to write to him in both English (which we can read) and Chinese (which he can read) on it.
    It would definitely be more efficient to first express our message in English and then translate it into Chinese, but I'm not sure why we would include the English portion on the actual card itself if Xiao Hai ge ge won't be able to read it?

Logistically, I was thinking we could have one person buy the card, write it, and then send it off - with the contents of the card being decided by the thread.
    That sounds like a good plan!

Hi Jenny! Long time no talk. Don't worry about the YJB III thread. I understand that you were just defending your idol.
    How'd your vacation go? I presume that you're back in school now?
    Did you ever watch the second half of "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi"?
    What did you think of the films "House of Flying Daggers" and "Days of Being Wild"? Whoa, you have a lot of stuff on your lists. You should add "Hua Gu Zi".
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

On what day will Chinese New Year fall this time? It always seems to vary from year to year.
    Either the 8th or 9th of February. Probably the 9th.
    Sigh. There are so little national holidays here! Or maybe I just came here at a bad time, what with just missing National Day. I have to wait until the end of January for some real time off.

Points well taken. This thread is indeed a good outlet for all of our Xiao Hai ge ge fanta...erm fantastic Xiao Hai ge ge discussions.
    So would that be our fantastic discussions on Xiao Hai Ge Ge, or our discussions about fantastic Xiao Hai Ge Ge?
    Personally, I am leaning towards the latter.

It would definitely be more efficient to first express our message in English and then translate it into Chinese, but I'm not sure why we would include the English portion on the actual card itself if Xiao Hai ge ge won't be able to read it?
    Point taken. Writing fan letters that the intended can actually understand? Check!
    So do you want to start brainstorming? Basically I think there are some points we would want to hit:

1) Who we are - Shen Xiao Hai thread at spcnet.tv
    2) Wish him a happy New Year
    3) Something about thanking him for all the wonderful performances he has done over the year - basically translating into many hours of entertainment for us.
    4) Hope that he does more good stuff in the future, all of which we will follow intently.

So general fan letter type stuff. Nothing that should scare him too much (unlike this thread...)What do you think?

Yeah, count me in too. And I'm from Florida, but currently living in Japan. Go, satellite tv! It's da bomb. I get more Chinese tv in now, then when I counted on TVB to supply me with all my needs. No Mainland love there.

Either the 8th or 9th of February. Probably the 9th.
    Great, that gives us plenty of time.

Sigh. There are so little national holidays here! Or maybe I just came here at a bad time, what with just missing National Day. I have to wait until the end of January for some real time off.
    Poor you, but break will come before you know it. One week from Tuesday and I will be done with finals! I've been waiting for that day to come forever. How long do you get off for Chinese New Year?

So would that be our fantastic discussions on Xiao Hai Ge Ge, or our discussions about fantastic Xiao Hai Ge Ge?
    Personally, I am leaning towards the latter.
    It's both! How can our discussions not be of the fantastic variety when the subject is so darn fantastic himself?

So do you want to start brainstorming? Basically I think there are some points we would want to hit:

1) Who we are - Shen Xiao Hai thread at spcnet.tv
    2) Wish him a happy New Year
    3) Something about thanking him for all the wonderful performances he has done over the year - basically translating into many hours of entertainment for us.
    4) Hope that he does more good stuff in the future, all of which we will follow intently.
    I think you have the key points covered.

1) Do you think we should mention spcnet.tv specifically and that it's the first thing that shows up on google when Xiao Hai ge ge's hanyu pinyin name is typed in () or just make a vague reference to it? Either way, we can mention how it is representative of the fans he has all over the world and then say briefly where each of us are located. We should also say something about how our Chinese isn't the greatest (so he can overlook whatever mistakes we might make in writing, content, etc.) and how this place has given Xiao Hai fans in the same or similar boat the opportunity to congregate and hold *meaningful* discussions about him and his works.

3) Thank him for not only being a great actor, but also for being a good person that we feel proud to support. We appreciate his taking time out for the fans, etc.

4) But of course. Maybe make some suggestions as to the types of roles we'd like to see him take on? Also, tell him not to work too hard and to take care of himself.

So general fan letter type stuff. Nothing that should scare him too much (unlike this thread...)What do you think?
    Actually, we are not that scary. I've seen topics at some of Xiao Hai's Chinese forums that include "If Xiao Hai could be your anyone, who would you like him to be?", "If Xiao Hai was standing right in front of you, what would you do?" ( ), "If you love Xiao Hai, profess it 10 times in this thread.", and one of the most disturbing ones: "Would you die for Xiao Hai?" In fact, we can do some of that here if the same ol' same ol' is getting....well, old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynwong31
    Yeah, count me in too. And I'm from Florida, but currently living in Japan. Go, satellite tv! It's da bomb. I get more Chinese tv in now, then when I counted on TVB to supply me with all my needs. No Mainland love there.
    Cool, so we are just all over the map here. Do you have any opinions, ideas, or suggestions for the letter? Has your HGZ order arrived yet?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-05-04 at 05:34 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi everyone, and lady zhuge. I only watched "the smart kid" staring Dicky. I was very impressed by SXH and thought he stole the show. I remember looking at the fine print on my VCD box for the name of actor who played Ning Wang. I am planning to purchase Hua Gu Zi and the story of west chamber from yesasia. I just hope that more directors appreciate SXH's talent and good looks. His classic Chinese good looks, with these almost (Chinese) operatic eyes, are gorgerous. He does not have the conventional round eyed, soft cheeked featured of the cute young leading man. The bamboo spirit persona looks like such a dreamboat. (Thank you, Lady Zhuge!) I truly enjoy this thread. I read every post with great interest. AC, I so enjoy your analysis. Sorry I haven't spoken/written earlier. I am a working adult with a job, and not enough time. I feel so lucky to read your posts and look at SXH's pictures. It's such an escape for me.

Yay, you're going to get HGZ too! You're totally going to fall in love with his character Tao Zui in there. He not only looks hot, but is every girl (with the exception of HGZ )'s dream man. I think that's why so many Xiao Hai fans like to call him "ge ge", 'cause of Tao ge ge. I agree with you about Xiao Hai in "Smart Kid". I only watched the show for him and also a bit for Dicky. A reviewer at SPCNET actually said that Xiao Hai didn't do a good job as Ning Wang and that he had "limited facial expressions" and wasn't a complete villain. I don't think this individual understands that not every villain is going to be upfront about being evil. I love smart villains like Ning Wang...he hid his true intentions so well. It's a shame he couldn't be the emperor. The only gripe I had about the character of Ning Wang is that he went from obviously caring about the people (and the people loved him too) to making a complete about face. Also his short "romance" with Feng jie was totally pointless. I thought the scriptwriters could have done a better job in those aspects.

Let us know what you think about HGZ and XXJ. So far most people have said that XXJ is dull, but I would like to know if it's worth it just to see Xiao Hai ge ge. Do post here more often, as more people participating make this thread more interesting!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Poor you, but break will come before you know it. One week from Tuesday and I will be done with finals! I've been waiting for that day to come forever. How long do you get off for Chinese New Year?
    Yah end of finals! Go show those complicated pharmaceutical problems who's boss!

Well, apparently the whole country shuts down for a week or so for the New Year - which I am highly looking forward to. But since I'm not in a "real" school, the main issues for me are convincing my Chinese teacher that she should take some time off, and my tutor-ees that they should take a nice family vacation abroad during the holidays.

1) Do you think we should mention spcnet.tv specifically and that it's the first thing that shows up on google when Xiao Hai ge ge's hanyu pinyin name is typed in or just make a vague reference to it?
    I would put in Spcnet.tv specifically, because after all - no forum, no SXH thread. Also, since I'm rather impressed that this thread is the first thing that pops up when you google him (and page 17 too, I checked ), I would make mention of it. So not only that we are an English language thread on him, but, if we trust Google, the ONLY one as such.

Either way, we can mention how it is representative of the fans he has all over the world and then say briefly where each of us are located. We should also say something about how our Chinese isn't the greatest (so he can overlook whatever mistakes we might make in writing, content, etc.)
    Yup! Completely agree with you there. That he has fans outside of mainland China who are more comfortable using English than Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady ZHuge
    and how this place has given Xiao Hai fans in the same or similar boat the opportunity to congregate and hold *meaningful* discussions about him and his works.
    ..And about how amazingly hot he is to boot? We have lots of meaningful discussions on that...

Seriously though. Maybe how this thread has allowed people to not only discuss their current SXH love, but also to introduce the wonderfulness that is SXH to people who might not have been familiar with him in the past.

3) Thank him for not only being a great actor, but also for being a good person that we feel proud to support. We appreciate his taking time out for the fans, etc.
    Definitely. Like the more you find out about this guy, the better he seems. How many actors can you say that about?

4) But of course. Maybe make some suggestions as to the types of roles we'd like to see him take on?
    Perhaps put in a request for him to take on roles that require more smiling?

But I think he has a good feel for taking on interesting and complex characters in general. And he does tend to bring out more than one side of a character. So I would like to see him take on a wider variety of roles just to see what he can do with them.

Actually, we are not that scary. I've seen topics at some of Xiao Hai's Chinese forums that include "If Xiao Hai could be your anyone, who would you like him to be?", "If Xiao Hai was standing right in front of you, what would you do?", "If you love Xiao Hai, profess it 10 times in this thread.", and one of the most disturbing ones: "Would you die for Xiao Hai?" In fact, we can do some of that here if the same ol' same ol' is getting....well, old.
    Aha. Interesting topics these Chinese fangirls think up.
    Personally, I prefer the more, ahem, open ended questions. However, if SXH suddenly did appear in front of me, I would first have to explain to my thoroughly horrified family members why there is this random man in my room.
    Also, the question doesn't really specify what state aforementioned magically appearing Hai Ge Ge would be in upon arrival. And whether I would ever have to return said SXH when I was done.

So in comparison, my actions throughout the course of watching Wu Yan Nu seem really not that obsessive. These include, but not limited to the much underlined and repeated phrases - "Hai Ge Ge is so hot" and "Ack. Why is he so cute and perfect?" in my notepad and making happy noises whenever they would deign to show a Liang Ping Wen scene.

A final note - this is taking me so long to type out because my dad just called me from the video store to ask me what version of Liao Zhai I wanted. After establishing that what he had wasn't what I wanted (Liao Zhai II with some guy named Chen Hao Ming who is hopefully nice to look at), he still got it for me. He reckons since I'm so fixated on seeing Liao Zhai - one version is much like the other. Since, you know, it is the compelling storylines and masterful storytelling of Liao Zhai that has me so excited...

hehe. my vacation is definitely over Lady Zhuge. i am back to school now.
    nope. sorry, i wasn't able to watch the last bit of Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi. aside from the fact that it wasn't a great series, my father finished it way too soon, and returned it to the shop before i can even start to watch it again! argh.
    but i don't really regret it. it's not much of a series anyway. i assure you.
    yes, i plan to watch Hua Gu Zhi also this coming christmas break. is it the one where he is paired up with Wang Yan?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

But since I'm not in a "real" school, the main issues for me are convincing my Chinese teacher that she should take some time off, and my tutor-ees that they should take a nice family vacation abroad during the holidays.
    So if your students don't want a vacation from English lessons, you'll have no choice but to continue with them or will you just have to ditch the nice route of persuasion and cut to the chase that you want a break?

I would put in Spcnet.tv specifically, because after all - no forum, no SXH thread. Also, since I'm rather impressed that this thread is the first thing that pops up when you google him (and page 17 too, I checked), I would make mention of it. So not only that we are an English language thread on him, but, if we trust Google, the ONLY one as such.
    I feel so proud.

..And about how amazingly hot he is to boot? We have lots of meaningful discussions on that...
    I'm sure he's never heard that before, but it wouldn't hurt to reiterate it over and over and over again simply because it's the truth and one can never get enough of that.

Seriously though. Maybe how this thread has allowed people to not only discuss their current SXH love, but also to introduce the wonderfulness that is SXH to people who might not have been familiar with him in the past.
    Definitely. Old and new Xiao Hai ge ge admirers convertees are always welcome.

Like the more you find out about this guy, the better he seems. How many actors can you say that about?
    Especially in this day and age, not many.

But I think he has a good feel for taking on interesting and complex characters in general. And he does tend to bring out more than one side of a character. So I would like to see him take on a wider variety of roles just to see what he can do with them.
    He always does a good job and it's usually not his roles that I'm worried about, but the series on a whole itself and sometimes the other cast members. I mean, even a talented actor can only do so much when other factors are limited, if you get my drift.

Personally, I prefer the more, ahem, open ended questions. However, if SXH suddenly did appear in front of me, I would first have to explain to my thoroughly horrified family members why there is this random man in my room.
    Also, the question doesn't really specify what state aforementioned magically appearing Hai Ge Ge would be in upon arrival. And whether I would ever have to return said SXH when I was done.
    Such questions are not meant to go too in depth with. Most of the girls were too busy trying to decide whether they wanted Xiao Hai to be their older brother or their honey bunny to worry about any of the factors you mentioned. Personally, I would have to go with

A final note - this is taking me so long to type out because my dad just called me from the video store to ask me what version of Liao Zhai I wanted. After establishing that what he had wasn't what I wanted (Liao Zhai II with some guy named Chen Hao Ming who is hopefully nice to look at), he still got it for me. He reckons since I'm so fixated on seeing Liao Zhai - one version is much like the other. Since, you know, it is the compelling storylines and masterful storytelling of Liao Zhai that has me so excited...
    Haha, of course. Chen Hao Ming is Benny Chan, a HK actor. He reminds me a bit of Jimmy Lin, but definitely has nothing on our Xiao Hai ge ge. Did your dad find a version of HGZ for you? Since we're on the topic of Liao Zhai, you might want to check out this particular story:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/71/l_p1002901571.jpg')

It's very short (only 6 episodes long) and stars the actor who plays Lu Pao in the Shu Warriors series that you've been watching.

Jenny, too bad XQXWY was a disappointment. I guess even Xiao Hai couldn't save the series, eh?
    Yep, HGZ is the show in which he is paired up with Wang Yan. Well, kind of, but you'll see when you watch it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I found out some more details about Xiao Hai ge ge contracting conjunctivitis during the filming of WYN. The actor who played Second Uncle got it first. It was endemic and spread throughout much of the cast and crew. Filming even had to be temporarily halted for about a week because so many people contracted it and they had to go rest up/be quarantined in the hospital. Apparently Xiao Hai got it from a thespian named Pan Yi Jun. I have no clue who that is or what role this person had in WYN. Anyway, Xiao Hai was joking around with this individual and was comparing the swollen eyes to a belly button and the very next day, Xiao Hai himself had contracted the disease and his own eyes were swollen like peaches. Poor Xiao Hai ge ge, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this article 'cause of the comparisons they used.

Another Xiao Hai story. Xiao Hai is very good friends with singer/actress Xie Yu Xin. She's in the series "Xiang Shuo Ai Ni Bu Rong Yi" with Xiao Hai, but I'm only familiar with her as the actress who played Li Qiu Shui in DGSD 2003 and she also sang the haunting song that played during Ah Zhu's death scene. Anyway, they were filming a scene that Xiao Hai requested to be added to XSANBRY in which Xiao Hai's character was supposed to be drunk and had to hit XYX. XYX had never been hit before, so she didn't know what it was going to be like. Even though Xiao Hai only used half his strength, XYX didn't know how to film such a scene and really got hit in the face and started crying. Thankfully, only one take was necessary for that scene and it was a wrap. Afterwards, XYX held her cheek and ran off tearfully. Xiao Hai felt extremely guilty, but he had other scenes to film. Later, Xiao Hai received a note from XYX that said: "Xiao Hai, I'm okay. I hope that what happened won't interfere with your filming mood." Xiao Hai felt that XYX was a very kind and understanding person.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

So if your students don't want a vacation from English lessons, you'll have no choice but to continue with them or will you just have to ditch the nice route of persuasion and cut to the chase that you want a break?
    Skirting around the issue and make vague implications (in true Chinese fashion) usually does the trick. If not, cutting to the chase would definitely be in order.

I'm sure he's never heard that before, but it wouldn't hurt to reiterate it over and over and over again simply because it's the truth and one can never get enough of that.
    Stupeo pulchero viri. Cur adeo bellus est? - Bet he's never heard that before.

He always does a good job and it's usually not his roles that I'm worried about, but the series on a whole itself and sometimes the other cast members. I mean, even a talented actor can only do so much when other factors are limited, if you get my drift.
    As in a series that doesn't want to give it's most interesting and charismatic character any more screentime than absolutely mandated? And no, I'm not still bitter about Wu Yan Nu...
    But looking at his career arc, he seems to be going in the right direction. I mean, starting out from bit characters, working his way to minor villians, than major villians and then second leads. Heck, pretty soon, we might even get to see a series in which he actually gets the girl!

Such questions are not meant to go too in depth with. Most of the girls were too busy trying to decide whether they wanted Xiao Hai to be their older brother or their honey bunny to worry about any of the factors you mentioned. Personally, I would have to go with
    Wait - THAT was the debate? Whether you wanted SXH to be your older brother or, as you so aptly put it, your honey bunny? Seriously - what would be the benefit of that?
    Especially since, well, a SXH fan board is full of SXH fans. Who more often than not are lusting after him to some degree. So explain to me again the appeal of lusting after your older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladu Zhuge
    Haha, of course. Chen Hao Ming is Benny Chan, a HK actor. He reminds me a bit of Jimmy Lin, but definitely has nothing on our Xiao Hai ge ge. Did your dad find a version of HGZ for you?
    Naw. Unfortunately. I'm just going to bite the bullet and get the official version. I'll start asking around at the more reputable (read, not streetside) video stores and see if they have this in stock.

Since we're on the topic of Liao Zhai, you might want to check out this particular story:
    It's very short (only 6 episodes long) and stars the actor who plays Lu Pao in the Shu Warriors series that you've been watching.
    Don't even tempt me. At this point in the Shu Warriors Saga, I am utterly enamored with the character and pretty fond of the actor to boot. However, I really don't want to commit to watching random 80's and 90's Hong Kong action movies.

Seriously - why is he not some half obscure mainland series actor? Then we would have gotten somewhere.

But looking at his career arc, he seems to be going in the right direction. I mean, starting out from bit characters, working his way to minor villians, than major villians and then second leads. Heck, pretty soon, we might even get to see a series in which he actually gets the girl!
    I guess so, but I just wish he'd move in that direction a bit faster. Frankly, I am getting impatient. Also, I find it hard to believe that directors/casting folk are not offering him better scripts and stories.

So explain to me again the appeal of lusting after your older brother.
    I think the angle they're coming from is that they wish they were in HGZ's shoes. I mean, Tao Zui lusted after HGZ, but HGZ only looked to him as an "older brother". Now you can imagine how Xiao Hai's fans wouldn't be nearly as blind if they were in HGZ's position...

Naw. Unfortunately. I'm just going to bite the bullet and get the official version. I'll start asking around at the more reputable (read, not streetside) video stores and see if they have this in stock.
    I was referring to any version, official or not. You know, just whatever you can get your hands on as long as it has our luscious Xiao Hai ge gei in it.

Seriously - why is he not some half obscure mainland series actor? Then we would have gotten somewhere.
    I was honestly quite surprised when you told me he was a veteran HK actor. I had previously assumed he was some obscure mainland actor. By "we would have gotten somewhere" had he been just that, what would you have done? Buy and/or watch as many of his series as you can and also make a thread for him here at SPCNET as an outlet for sharing your viewing pleasure?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Also, I find it hard to believe that directors/casting folk are not offering him better scripts and stories.
    This could also be because, frankly speaking, a lot of serial plots suck. So for every role that he does take, we have to consider all the subpar stuff that he had wisely declined.
    On the flip side though, since a lot of characters are so formulaic, a talented actor can do a lot with even a flimsy foundation. Assuming, of course, that the script can give him enough leeway to be creative. So that he could, to employ a cliche, rise above his material and possibly gain a few more fangirls in the process.

I think the angle they're coming from is that they wish they were in HGZ's shoes. I mean, Tao Zui lusted after HGZ, but HGZ only looked to him as an "older brother". Now you can imagine how Xiao Hai's fans wouldn't be nearly as blind if they were in HGZ's position...
    ..So an older brother with benefits? Well, that could work. I mean, just having a really hot (having seen HGZ pictures) and apparently very wonderful (not having seen the actual series yet) older brother type who is willing to protect you WHILE being secretly in love with you could be cool. Not very realistic, but cool nonethless.

By "we would have gotten somewhere" had he been just that, what would you have done? Buy and/or watch as many of his series as you can and also make a thread for him here at SPCNET as an outlet for sharing your viewing pleasure?
    If he actually did serials, there would be the photocapping, the videocapping, the ranting and raving and so on. Trolling the Internet for tidbits of information and filmographies and such. But generally, you are right on the money. By "we would have gotten somewhere" I mean I would have gotten another fangirl target.

As well, I could see if anyone else shared a similar fixation for the guy. Like with a certain forum regular and a certain half obscure mainland actor who just happens to be the subject of this thread...

And finally, on a slightly unrelated note - you know you've spent much too much time at Spcnet when you are able to use smilies without referring to the list

AC, I figure you will be at this thread. Just to let you know that there is a merger bet the 2 tv stations in singapore and there has been some retrenchment of artists but Guo Liang will be staying.

and have you heard of three on the bund in shanghai? its supposed to be a pretty cool place? where have u been to already in shanghai? how about that xin dian di trip, done that already?

btw : I left a pm for you on that shanghai post I owed you for a while. do read it when you are free bye

As well, I could see if anyone else shared a similar fixation for the guy. Like with a certain forum regular and a certain half obscure mainland actor who just happens to be the subject of this thread...
    I don't know what you're talking about or who you could possibly be referring to here.

And finally, on a slightly unrelated note - you know you've spent much too much time at Spcnet when you are able to use smilies without referring to the list
    Yeah, no joke. It's especially scary when you already know which codes contain two colons and which ones only need one at the front.

Wallpaper made by 唯我喜陶醉:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos.gznet.com/photos/1436668/1436668-MlBSqmnoEh.jpg')

Xiao Hai looks good as usual, but Wang Yan's head looks a bit...plastered on.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-08-04 at 10:17 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    AC, I figure you will be at this thread. Just to let you know that there is a merger bet the 2 tv stations in singapore and there has been some retrenchment of artists but Guo Liang will be staying.
    Sigh. Fat lot of good that does me as I STILL haven't figured out a way to get Singaporean cable, legally or extra-legally. But it's good to know that he isn't unemployed.
    So is GL like relatively well known in Singapore? I gather that he's a host/compere. What kind of programs does he usually go for? You know, when he's not playing Manchu henchman, that is.

However, the situation between the two stations is straying into definite melodrama land. You know, one station with a monopoly on the local market - an upstart tries to edge in on the action, stealing a number of employees from the first station in the process. And then a few years later, the upstart goes bust leaving the deserters to see where their chips may fall. We could so make a series on it! And have everyone play themselves too.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    and have you heard of three on the bund in shanghai? its supposed to be a pretty cool place? where have u been to already in shanghai? how about that xin dian di trip, done that already?
    I haven't heard of it. However, the Bund is pretty cool in and of itself, so I guess anything on it must be super cool! Xin Tian Di is as of yet unexplored. As I am much too lazy to fully take advantage of this city's sights. And a bit too addicted to staying at home in all its various incarnations.

Xiao Hai looks good as usual, but Wang Yan's head looks a bit...plastered on.
    Erm, personally, I think Xiao Hai's costume might be a bit off. I think he is suffering from "Xiao Li Fei Dao" stiff collar syndrome (What the costumers did to Vincent Jiao in that series... ). Also, the lighting bolts behind the head are not the most flattering. However, he is still prettier than the girl so there.

Erm, personally, I think Xiao Hai's costume might be a bit off. I think he is suffering from "Xiao Li Fei Dao" stiff collar syndrome (What the costumers did to Vincent Jiao in that series... ). Also, the lighting bolts behind the head are not the most flattering. However, he is still prettier than the girl so there.
    Tao Zui had an "obligatory" costume change in the second half of the series. I think the color and design of that particular outfit makes Xiao Hai look older and somehow evil, even when his character is not. But still, that's just the costume. Xiao Hai is hot no matter what he wears or what they stick in his hair. What color do you think Xiao Hai looks best in?

My dad came back from China yesterday and brought back Xiao Hai for me!!! Erm, I meant Xiao Hai's "Wu Yan Nu" series for me!!!
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-10-04 at 02:30 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")