Thread: [Channel 8] Ode to Life

Default [Channel 8] Ode to Life

Promotional trailer for this series, which was tailor made specifically for Huang Biren, is now being aired on Channel 8.

It's gonna be a long 40 episodes series. We get to see Huang Biren's character from grow from youth to old age.

Here's a newspaper article about the series.
    http://www.todayonline.com/articles/22837.asp

Screencaps

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v310/wuchang/otl-op1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v310/wuchang/otl-op2.jpg')

Looks interesting. It has been a long time since there is this type of show.

This show is very interesting. As the story spans over decades, it brings out the lives of the characters. The good acting does not hurt too.

it is interesting.. i watch it in channel8.. i don't really like some characters... espicially those who treat ah Zhi badly

The mother-in-law got her retribution for being so mean.
    Soon it will be Wensi's turn, and I hope Wenfu's too.

It seems that not much people watched it. A pity.
    It has good story (though could be a bit too dramatic for some), good character development, great actings. Most importantly, it is not like the endless typical family cum food shows Mediacorp keeps on churning out in the recent years.

Default An Ode to Life concludes!

This is one of the rare Mediacorp drama that managed to get my attention. Huang Biren takes on the "Gallen Lo's Golden Faith" role with this selfless protrayal that I felt, just like in Golden Faith, was a tad too unrealistic. At least in Golden Faith, Gallen's adopted father told him at the end in a dream that his fault with Raymond was that he tried too hard to take care of things for Raymond. For certain things, he have to let others discover their mistakes the hard way.

But in this TCS drama, everything turned out well in the end. Everything for the 2nd son, Ruixiang, who slipped to his death. I was laughing at the apparent unrealistic police action, where the hell was the PNC (Police Negotiation Cadre) who is suppose to "talk" the suicidal victim to come down? I mean they bother to get the mother in a wheelchair. Maybe they should get the PNC team from the TVB drama "Take my Word for it", namely Bobby Au, Julian Cheung, Kenix Kwok and the other lady haha.

And I can't help but laugh out loud at the last part when Mediacorp just cannot help but slip in some "PAP propaganda" that is so common since SBC days, namely the one about how Singapore should go to life science to generate jobs for the future, and how people are bullish over Singapore's growth propects after 2004. Oh Pleazeeeeeee hahaha, spare me this.

Overall, this is a pretty good drama serial. I especially like the actress that played Xiaoyun, who looks especially sweet whenever she is wearing causal clothes instead of that nerdy nurse outfit, the one that appears in the southwest panel above. Anyone here enjoyed this drama serial too?
    Would you love me in the Twilight Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by SES-Eugene
    But in this TCS drama, everything turned out well in the end. Everything for the 2nd son, Ruixiang, who slipped to his death. I was laughing at the apparent unrealistic police action, where the hell was the PNC (Police Negotiation Cadre) who is suppose to "talk" the suicidal victim to come down? I mean they bother to get the mother in a wheelchair.
    Yes, the police's action is quite unrealistic here. When a person threaten to jump off a building, I thought the police will also cordoned off the area on the ground and set up the inflatable life-saving thingy in case that person really jumps?

And I can't help but laugh out loud at the last part when Mediacorp just cannot help but slip in some "PAP propaganda" that is so common since SBC days, namely the one about how Singapore should go to life science to generate jobs for the future, and how people are bullish over Singapore's growth propects after 2004. Oh Pleazeeeeeee hahaha, spare me this.
    Well, this is Mediacorps . All their recent shows have "propogandas" of some sorts, be it PAP, JTC, NTUC Union, NKF, etc etc. I hate these parts too.

Overall, this is a pretty good drama serial. I especially like the actress that played Xiaoyun, who looks especially sweet whenever she is wearing causal clothes instead of that nerdy nurse outfit, the one that appears in the southwest panel above. Anyone here enjoyed this drama serial too?
    I enjoyed this drama serial despite the "propaganda" and some unrealistic parts.

Default watch a bit yesday night

huang biren is quite an versatile actresses, to act from young to old. in terms of "oldies", besides her, think the other versatile actresses are zoe and fann.
    hmm, if singapore is to film hsds ten years ago, maybe these will be the choices:
    1. zm = fann
    2. zzr = zoe
    3. xiao zhao = pan ling2
    4. zhu-er = huang biren.

Personally, I think Yang Libing acted very well in this show. She should be nominated as 1 of the best supporting actress in this year Star Awards.