Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuxia vs Jedi

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I just watched the STAR WARS: CLONE WARS cartoon that they've been showing on Cartoon Network. Damn. The wuxia characters don't have much of a chance at all against the Jedi/Sith. I have the feeling the Jedi or Sith could stop one's blood from circulating with a stare if they wanted to.

Ah you see the problem I was talking about. If the Star Wars EU is taken into account, things get messy. Cuz then the wuxia EU comes in and we start talking about cliff splitting 500 foot range palm blasts.

We should restrict to the 5 movies and original JY novels only.

Back to the canon material then. It seems that the Jedi's effect on sentient beings is very much dependent on the target's mental strength. E.g. Luke can't affect Jabba. So force chokes might not even affect the strong willed fighters.

Only the Jedi mind tricks are dependant on the the target's willpower. Force chokes are purely physical.

Also, the cartoon is actually consider canon and not EU.

EU jedi are quite insane, heck in one of the books, Luke used the force to make a lightsaber crystal from a rock. Another jedi lifted a snubfighter from the center of a gas giant. (btw, Canon only states that they can make crystals using EZ bake ovens)

Could Duan Yu suck away a Jedi/Sith's inner power?

thats if u gets close enough.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Neither the Jedis or Wuxia ppl win win.

Han Solo will win of course.
    Go Han! He'll win with sheer style and attitude!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

A Sith like Count Dooku could make big and heavy stuff fall down and let's see a wuxia character dodge it.

Originally posted by James Ko
    ...the Sweeping Monk in DGSD... a look can kill anyone.
    That is not in the novel.

As CC or ChronoReverse pointed out, what is the scope to be used here? Only 5 Star Wars movies? So, should we disregard all those official Star Wars novels and games? In "Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast" game, Kyle Katarn could run so fast, he almost looked like Duan Yu

And yeah, Force or no Force, Han Solo would win In one of the official novels (I can't remember which one it was, either the "Dark Saber" or in "Children of the Jedi" or in something else), Han Solo mentioned, "Hey, I don't know Force, but I turned up alright."

List of Official Star Wars novels:
    http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/ender/books.html
    Last edited by rabadi; 07-29-04 at 11:20 PM.

Well, it's really a moot point anyways. If you take movie Jedi vs jy novel fighters, the Jedi would win.

If you take the boulder-blasting TV adaptation fighters vs the EU and official games Jedi, the Jedi would still win since those Jedi are like the super saiyan versions of the movie Jedi.

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    Well, it's really a moot point anyways. If you take movie Jedi vs jy novel fighters, the Jedi would win.

Why? Novel fighter are described as moving so fast they can't be seen. Movie Jedi move at speeds much slower.

With the exception of sweeps, how is any JY wuxia fighter going to do when a Jedi uses something like a blast of force lightning in a nice fan? Or when the Jedi uses a wide-spread force push to knock them down from a distance? Or just twirls a lightsaber around? The fighters are fast, but I think it was only sweeps that can move right beside someone without anyone being able to see how.

BTW, how high can a wuxia fighter jump from standing? Someone like Hui Juk should be able to just at least 10 times his own height right?

With the exception of sweeps, how is any JY wuxia fighter going to do when a Jedi uses something like a blast of force lightning in a nice fan? Or when the Jedi uses a wide-spread force push to knock them down from a distance? Or just twirls a lightsaber around? The fighters are fast, but I think it was only sweeps that can move right beside someone without anyone being able to see how.

BTW, how high can a wuxia fighter jump from standing? Someone like Hui Juk should be able to just at least 10 times his own height right?
    The monk that XX killed in HSDS was able to move around behind him without him noticing. HYS also did the same thing to LMC. You don't need to be Sweeper Monk to do so.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

DOn't know Jedi, but heck no for the wuxia people to out run the Flash.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Is Flash even faster than Superboy?

The Flash has outrrun Super*man* numerous times before, so I'd say yeah.

Superboy has super strength, speed, and most importantly, x-ray vision. I'm better than the Flash.

Originally posted by rabadi
    [B]That is not in the novel.

As CC or ChronoReverse pointed out, what is the scope to be used here? Only 5 Star Wars movies? So, should we disregard all those official Star Wars novels and games? In "Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast" game, Kyle Katarn could run so fast, he almost looked like Duan Yu

I think we have to keep it to the novels vs the 5 movies. Anything else quickly gets too ridiculous.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I wonder if the wuxia characters or the Jedi could outrun the Flash.

The Flash runs at light speed or even faster. So the answer is no.

Force lightning is something only a very matured Palpatine has been able to do. Even masters like Dooku and Vader can't pull that stunt.

No difference between a Jedi using wide spread force to push and Xiao Feng using a palm blast to push. In the starting scene of Phamtom Menace, we see the 2 Jedis shove the droids, looks very much like palm blasts.

The force might be much more versatile then shooting chi when it comes to manipulating objects, but if we stick to the movies, it would seem that speed is the Jedi's main disadvantage compared to wuxia fighters.

A Jedi Master like Yoda or Mace Windu could control someone's mind if they want to but wuxia characters can't control minds.