Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Family Squad

Default The Family Squad

old series,.... similiar to Virutes of Harmony and "true love"
    long but so hilarious
    where there is people, there is conflict. deal with it.

Is this just release by TVB? Gallon has a role in it? or am I complete out with what I am thinking about...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

You are thinking about Seasons.. a drama

Family Squad is a comedy, which starred Francis Ng and Anita Yuen.

Hmm is the only comedy series I seen Francis Ng in was Karaoke Family... and it was very funny.

They always make spoof off popular tv shows. Like they sing a song but change the words for The Bund... and it was about making supper.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Family Squad and Karaoke Family are the same show.. Family Squad was the actual english name for it.

Gosh....this is an old series. I've watched it a long, long time. There is an actress in this series who likes to eat egg rolls, she always had a tin of egg rolls with her around the house. I believe she is no longer acting but she can get annoying at time in this series. And there is this lady who is their aunt that plays the drum or something.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

family squad? what a old comedy drama back in 90s.
    the egg rolls girl you're talking about i think it's the second sister of the family who's always careless, by the way her name is Faye

they're all police, and i think francis ng had a dog named popoye.

hehe that's right!!! francis looks like such a slob!!! but he's so funny
    i love all their skits and yupz they are policemen
    where there is people, there is conflict. deal with it.

this series was really funny! it's pretty old though.. 1991! francis's dog's name is popoye? i never got to a part where they mentioned his name. oh, anita yuen is in it too? who does she play?

Default one of the best comedy series of tvb

i just loved this series

Yeah, this programme was a very long time ago!! And its really funny!!
    I was about 7 or 8 when i watched this, because my parents taped it and i would always watch it!!

Two of my favourite episodes were when Faye ate alot of food and she turned fat in the end, and the other one is when the little kid fancied the oldest sister and kept following her!! Bless!!

What is her name?? the oldest sister, her character name was Tai

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJade
    What is her name?? the oldest sister, her character name was Tai

i don't know her english name, but her chinese name is lee yuen wah 李婉華. i think she lives in toronto now...

Quote Originally Posted by caf_feee
    i don't know her english name, but her chinese name is lee yuen wah 李婉華. i think she lives in toronto now...
    It's Antia Yuen. She strated dating Francis after "Family Squad", but she is now with someone else.

I also remember Chun Wong as the uncle and Francis's dad, and Lei Si Kei was the woman he loved ever since he was a child, but I forgot if he ever got the girl.

Joe Cheng was the brother, who loves day dreaming.

It was hilarious when Anita and Francis were in the shower in their adjoining apartments, and then they ran out of shampoo, so thinking no one else was in the other apartment, they went over to get some and they ran into each other naked. Anita wanted to kill him after that, but then their hands got stuck together with superglue, and he had to go the toilet, and they fell in love.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    It's Antia Yuen. She strated dating Francis after "Family Squad"

It was hilarious when Anita and Francis were in the shower in their adjoining apartments, and then they ran out of shampoo, so thinking no one else was in the other apartment, they went over to get some and they ran into each other naked. Anita wanted to kill him after that, but then their hands got stuck together with superglue, and he had to go the toilet, and they fell in love.
    Thanks!!

Yes, that was also a very funny episode!!

I used to admire Anita. I used to think that she was so beautiful, but i think she has stopped acting now and i havnet seen her ever since!!

The another episode thtat i like is when the head of the police department got injured and he couldnt look after his son, so he asked the Family Squad to look after him and he kept playing pranks on them!!! Faye fell off the bed, the dad had black round rings around his eyes, the mothers hair was sticking up with gel, the brother was in the bed tied up!! Fai cow fu had a riped up t-shirt and so did Francis (i think!). Its been a while since i watched this eries now!!

I think i should dig it out and watch it again!! lol

And remeber the time when their grandaunt, who dotes on francis, didn't like him hooking up with Anita, and wanted him to go out with Faye? She gave them aphrodisiac and locked them in the bedroom, but she read it wrong and gave them laxatives instead and they relaxed themselves all over the bedroom!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

It's Antia Yuen. She strated dating Francis after "Family Squad", but she is now with someone else.
    Anita Yuen and Francis Ng dated before Family Squad. They actually broke up while filming Family Squad. She is married and has a baby.

And remeber the time when their grandaunt, who dotes on francis, didn't like him hooking up with Anita, and wanted him to go out with Faye? She gave them aphrodisiac and locked them in the bedroom, but she read it wrong and gave them laxatives instead and they relaxed themselves all over the bedroom!
    Yeah, that was also a funny episode!!!

And I think Kenny Bee guest starred once as Lee Kar Sing's cousin who wanted to get back his childhood sweetheart, Sandra Ng, who was with another rich guy.

I remember once the ep was about Joe Cheng (the brother) doing acrobatics in his sleep and he somerasaulted onto the road, and everyone when went to save him and ended up in hospital when Joe didn't even get a scratch!!!

And the flashbacks of the parents are hilarious!!!!
    Cyril Connolly

i liked the episode where the mom wanted to diet and lost weight
    so she set a ringing buzzer thing on the scale to tell her she's overweight and forced the whole family to diet with her

Finally, they brought her an oversized shirt saying that it's a small size! it freaked the mom out because she thought she had some sort of disease!

very funny show

what is this series.. i think i might haved watched it but im not very familiar with the name .. can anyone post any pics of the series or anything? thanks
    bu bu jing xin