Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

Joe is a good actor! but he just ain't fit for the role. He seems too old. He's probably better off in a modern series anyway.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Yeah I think Joe looks better in modern series, like in Vigilate Force. For some reason, everytime I see him in ancient clothing, he looks like the bad guy, so its hard for me to see him as the leading male. Also, I don't think he looks that good with MY Jessica.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Yeah I think Joe looks better in modern series, like in Vigilate Force. For some reason, everytime I see him in ancient clothing, he looks like the bad guy, so its hard for me to see him as the leading male. Also, I don't think he looks that good with MY Jessica.
    I agree, Joe looks better in modern costume then in ancient ones. He really didn't look that good in the serie but I thought he looked not bad at all in MBF.

After reading the posts I am thinking about your post MeMyselfandI about having other artist. I agree with rourou that Deric Wan would have been a great choice. I would love to see him finally get ended with Jessica in a serial since they are very cute. I think Deric would have pulled off the role nicely.

Hehe, just going to comment on this week's tapes. Fianlly Joe realizes he loves Jessica, but I don't like how it happened. Another thing I'm disliking is how Power stars to like Cindy all of a sudden. I also don't like Cindy's acting in here, she is exaggerating in her acting a little too much... Such high hopes for this serial, but its starting to dissapoint me
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

really goddess? it's starting to dissapoint?! I just started watching and I thought it was so good so far~
    i think its so good so far. I kind of prefer Mimi and Power together aren't they dating in real life?
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

In chinese opera, the story continues to Fan Lei Fa's grandson.

Her son was born with very black skin due to the blood spilled on her during her fight with Yeung Fan. Anyway, the son is a good person but he accidentally killed the crown prince . The whole Sit family (all 300 members) were executed except for Fan Lei Fa and her son. She was rescued by her SiFu (i think), but she can't rescue the rest of the family because that would be against the mandate of heaven. The family also didn't get their burial, they were sealed in Iron (Not sure how). Her son run away and finally got married and have kids. Some years later, the grandson come back to take revenge against the person who setup his father (Fan Lei Fa's son) and unseal the family from their iron tomb.

My mom said the Sit Ding San and Fan Lei Fa's story is really really long and I think it's a famous chinese opera series.

I just finished watching this serial a few minutes ago and I popped online right away, hehe, lots of comments on it. Overall I think the serial is just a okay/tolerable. My expectations for it was not met, but it did pass as an exceptable serial. Quite short, at least that means it didn't drag too much

Anyways like I've mentioned before, I don't like Joe as Sit Dan San and I also don't like his character. However during these last few tapes, there was one scene taht I "admire" his character. It was during the time when Power was trying to get into the army and he had to "duel" with Sek Sue. Well Power got injured and Sek Sue was going to further injure him, but Joe stopped his father's forkish spear thing. I thought that was pretty nice and all, hehe.

Oh gosh, I was so angry when Joe married Cherrie!!! I hate her!!! For ruining his marriage and just plain being annoying. The only thing I "admire" about her is her love for Joe and also her ending. How she wanted to end all of it and tried to suicide while taking her brother down...... Other than that I really disliked her. Argh...just thinking of the marriage annoys me. (Hehe, Jessica looked exceptional in that red outfit though!!! )

You know, I didn't like the ending. I still would have liked for Jessica and Joe not to end up togehter, at least so soon. I thought he should suffer a little more. After all, look at all the things he had done to her!! On purpose or accidental, he still did.

Oh and the complete ending though k: I wish TVB would have left a little time for everyone else. I really was wondering if Mimi and Jessica's 2nd brother would get togehter or not. Eh, keep forgetting his name!!! Anyways also wondering about Power with Cindy and Mimi's brother!!!

One thing I was really really hoping to see would be how everyone treated Jessica once she returned to the family. Actually I just wanted to see how Mrs. Sit treated her. I actually thought that Mrs. Sit was the most annoying character in the serial. Cherrie was only second. Anyways throughout the serial, Mrs. Sit never tried to get to know Lei Fa at all. She just assumed things and had always wanted Kam Ding to be her daughter-in-law. How she kept blaming Jessica and adding in fuel to the fire. I wish there was some scenes of her apologizing or just a scene of motherlyness!!!

Oh yes, did you guys notice that Power and Sek Sau's dubbing voice got changed? It isn't the same voice that they had during the beginnig till the middle. I don't like the change, espically for Power. Doesnt' fit with his character.

Oh oh, another thing I wanted was during the scene where there was two Fan Lei Fa's and Joe was totally confused until the real Lei Fa cut herself to have blood run into the ring so it would glow. I would have perfered for Joe to somehow figure it out himself. Because to me that would mean he truely loves Lei Fa and can identify who she is. Did that make sense?

Another thing I would have wanted was some more touching scenes. Lol, I enjoy those touchy moments and this serie really lacked a lot of those...... Anyways all my comments for now

Hey there xox. Enjoy yourself while watching the serial!!! Yeah, it did honestly dissapoint me, but it might be really good to you. I guess it all depends on personal opinions. Anyways Mimi and Power are dating. At first I thought they would be good togehter, but then I perfered Mimi with Jessica's brother

Oh forgot to say. I started liking Mimi during these tapes. Got over the fact of her being sister's with Jessica for one reason or another. She is indeed a little too plain looking in here. I keep thinking about her in Battle Against Evil. Thought she did well in there and I really liked her too!!

Thanks tinac for the info after the story.....in otherwards the continuation. Now that is sad to think about. Not a real happy ending if you know of that info there huh?
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 05-22-04 at 02:52 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

wow. wow wow. goddess. i wanted to say EVERY EXACT thing you said. wow, you got all the points i wanted to mention. haha. especially more touchy scenes, and the way joe's mom has to apologize for being such a jerk.

anyways, yea i did notice that the voice's of those two Power and Joe's dad did get changed. i didnt mind the voice for the dad, but i liked the other voice for power, it suits him more. hehe. yea wow we think alike haha.

this series was way to short its what i think!
    but goddess you are so dead on! haha.
    but yeah the voice changed I noticed and thought that was weird!
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

Hey there kittyknguyen and xox!!!

Lol, was looking over my post and its long!!!! Maybe the longest one I've ever done, hehe. Glad to hear that you guys have the same thoughts on I did Lol, great minds think alike

Hmmm...did Jessica's dad's voice change a bit too? I think it might have after he had been cured from the poision. Or maybe the poision just made his voice sound that way? Lol, don't know.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hmm... thought Joe looked quite good as Erlang Shen in one of the monkey series but here he looks.... geeky... well perhaps it's for the character...
    One thing for sure.. I can't stand that Gum Ting... dun think she looks good at all.. in fact I"m actually fast forwarding all the parts with her inside... can't they cast someone else as that character???

i started watching this last nyt! already in eps 7 later...here are my thoughts.
    first, i really hate that kam ding! what's her name anyway? she gets on my nerves and to think that her appearance as of now is only very minimal. she's not pretty either. or should i say, ugly like saram and sonija. and she's so brainless there! can't she decide for herself? i mean, when jessica asked her of her feelings for joe, her answer was, 'i don't know', 'i can't decide', 'the parents decide'....she's really soooo annoying! i hate it most was when ppl in the series kept on elaborating her 'beauty', intelligence... and from what i read from goddess' post above, she will ruin jess and joe's marriage?!?! i hope she dies or end up with yang fan
    so far, the only thing that i don't like in this series, aside from that kam ding, would be the magical effects. i mean, i wished they just made the series non-magical. it could be just a normal warring ancient series. i don't see the point of going 'magical' i think jessica's powers are very fake. also, i kept on snickering when power had that helicopter-like cap. stupid i say
    i enjoy watching cheng yau jin! he's just sooo adorable! and i love that fat actor. very good! sek sau is also very good; im surprised though to see him in ancient series. im too used on seeing him in modern series; now it's just like, is that sek sau?!?!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by cherrie
    i started watching this last nyt! already in eps 7 later...here are my thoughts.
    first, i really hate that kam ding! what's her name anyway? she gets on my nerves and to think that her appearance as of now is only very minimal. she's not pretty either. or should i say, ugly like saram and sonija. and she's so brainless there! can't she decide for herself? i mean, when jessica asked her of her feelings for joe, her answer was, 'i don't know', 'i can't decide', 'the parents decide'....she's really soooo annoying! i hate it most was when ppl in the series kept on elaborating her 'beauty', intelligence... and from what i read from goddess' post above, she will ruin jess and joe's marriage?!?! i hope she dies or end up with yang fan
    so far, the only thing that i don't like in this series, aside from that kam ding, would be the magical effects. i mean, i wished they just made the series non-magical. it could be just a normal warring ancient series. i don't see the point of going 'magical' i think jessica's powers are very fake. also, i kept on snickering when power had that helicopter-like cap. stupid i say
    i enjoy watching cheng yau jin! he's just sooo adorable! and i love that fat actor. very good! sek sau is also very good; im surprised though to see him in ancient series. im too used on seeing him in modern series; now it's just like, is that sek sau?!?!
    If you keep on watching, you would rather Kam Ding not end up with Yeung Fan.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i really hate kam ding! i mean, at first when jess asked her of her feelings on joe, she was wishy washy. then she runs away to 'think,' then she comes back regretting and moping around because she is 'heartbroken' she just annoys me! and gosh, she can't act at all! i have a nasty feeling that this is a beauty queen...
    why is the whole suet family like that? they are too discriminating! hate them all! esp the mom, cindy, mimi, her brother, joe (very stupid!)....basically almost all of them except sek sau. it also annoyed me when sek sau suspects jess, but at least he still have some logic left,
    i absolutely love the fat guy and power! at first i thought power would be annoying. apparently, i find it cute whenever he calls jess 'mom' and helps her in any way he can
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I've finished watching this serial.. just finished watching it... ok la... an entertaining serial... one u watch to while your time away...
    Yes... can't stand that Gam Ting... in fact I was so glad when she finally died.. who this actress anyway... she's horrendous... no expressions.. in fact half of the time her facial expressions... hmm.... sorry... i can't even describe those expressions.. cos there are NO expressions at all! haha...
    Joe Ma an okay performance la... still much preferred him in modern series... and of course i think he was his best in triumph in the skies hehehe.... but one thing.. he really looks awful here....
    Jessica ... it's a typical- Jessica Hsuen- role lo... hmmm.... i think it's time that she should start moving out of such roles and try on new stuff... dun get me wrong.. I'm a Jessica supporter but to b honest.. I'm pretty sick of seeing her in such roles already... the typical independent, calm, resourceful, witty, lady.....
    Perhaps the scriptwriter doesn't want to come across as being draggy but i feel that i am not seeing enough of Tsing San and Lei Fa... be it when they were bickering with each other or romancing... it's like there were far too many things n there wasn't enough time to squeeze them in hence everything in this show becomes unmemorable
    n of yes...... the ending is crappy as well

The actress who plays as Kam Ding is Cherrie something...hehe, dont' even know her last name. Its official though, her character and her acting in here was horrible. She is indeed very wishy washy and confusing!!!

You know what I found even funnier besides Power calling Jessica mom? When he calls Joe dad!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddess ..same sentiments here
    Power calling Jessica "Mom" isn't as funny as him calling Joe "Dad".. cos Ying Lung looks more intelligent than the goony Sit Tsing San... I like that Brother Ching thought he was quite funny... especially the scene where the he was persuading General Sit to accept Lei Fa as their potential daughter-in-law and then they ended up quarrelling with each other...

The most disappointing part for me was that Jessica forgave Joe too easily. I mean, if a man treated me like that, he better do more than that. I think if the script have been written that Joe had to suffer a lot to attain Jessica forgiveness I would have been more satisfied.

Yes, I was appalled with Cherrie's performance. I just don't know what TVB was thinking when they cast this newbie with no acting skill whatsoever into one of the main roles. If they had cast her in small minor roles I'd probably wouldn't be so upset but to cast her in favor of everybody else was plain wrong. There must have been more talented actors out there that have never been given the chances and here TVB cast Cherrie.

I do love the serie though because for the first time (for me anyway) I get to see more of Jessica. I love it when she plays strong character and when I saw MBF I couldn't stand her because she wasn't strong at all.

Hey there Christina and Zech

Here we go. Her name is Cherrie Kong and it seems like she will be in future dramas...... As a lead or not, I'm not sure. Hopefully not!!!! Unless she has improved!!!

I know what you mean Zech!!! Ying Lung not only looks more intelligent then Sit Ding San, he is more intelligent and likeable!!! Ding San's character is such a weak guy, makes me so mad!!! Just thinking of the things he did to Jessica. How he treated her afterwards still does not make up for everything!!!

Hehe, totally agree!!! I loved the character of Brother ching. The scene you mentioned there was one of my favorites. It was hilarious!!! How it started out as a "calm" talk, but then ended up with each of them standing up and practically yelling at the other!! The look on their faces amused me deeply!!!

Agree Christina!!! Joe deserves to go through a heck more before he is forgiving!!! He got away so easily. Lol, if I was Jessica, there would be no second chance. I don't think I would ever be able to really "trust" him or feel "safe" with him.

Serious, putting her as a lead was one of the worse things to do. As a minor fine. TVB needs to start letting these new artists work their way up tot he top instead of just throwing them into the lead roles!!! They just can't take on the role successfully!!!!! Seriously, there are a lot more artists out there that are very talented, but have been looked away from TVB!!!

I've seen Jessica play her usual independant and strong roles a lot so I liked her in MBF, hehe. Her and Louis are a great couple!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey Goddess!

I so agree with you Cherrie! The special effect was so cheesy. I think this series would have been a lot better without all that crap.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprise at all if Cherrie was a MHK runnerup, or contestant. Afterall, TVB is trying to pool their group of talents from all MHK. I mean, look at Maggie or is Margaret? Cho. I saw her in the romantic short serie with Aaron Kwok and she CANNOT act for god sake. I'll give her that she is pretty but please, talent is important too. Oh by the way, she's from Sacramento, which is where I am from. She looks very familiar so maybe I've seen her before.

I like the old serie better but then I hated how Felix ended up with two wives. What's up with guys getting two wives anyway?