Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

thank god that ding san only ends up with lei fa. If this was another movie where the guy ends up with two wives I'd have had it and quit renting tvb movies. I download clips of the movies and it makes it worse for me since I can't see the movie until tomorrow.

geez, can't believe that people are finished already. My aunt is taping this for me, coz she has the TVBJ satellite broadcast, but that's one episode a day, and it's only been on 2 weeks.

Yes this series has been pretty quick. I waited a long time for it to come out and it's over in a few weeks! At least the endings good. I was so happy when the Sit family realises that Kam Ding is a b**** she so deserved to die, I just wished she suffered a bit more, and not just drink poison and then get hit by her brother. That scene where she blames Lei Fa for her 'fake' miscarriage and then the sit family believes her hmmm! I was ready to slap her. Glad she died and left Ding San and Lei Fa alone. I'm also glad that Mimi Lo's character changes for the better in the last half. I liked her character later. Always so helpful.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Oh well....I'll get to see the ending soon...even though there's spoilers.....I was reading the spoilers and I was surprise and a little disappointed to see that there was a change, because I think that in the old one. Ding San had to go all the way to Lei Fa's home every third step getting on his knee.....I guess the ending is okay.

Now as for Gum Ling, I know that the real actress was getting into character....so I think she really did the part well... I didn't like the fact that Ding San had to marry her for a short time however. BTW....what ever happens to Sin Tow or Yat Lung? Or even Gum Ling's foster father? (Now the foster father, I've seen in so many dramas...but this one I thought he was kind of unecessary and annoying.)

I thought that Lei Fa's, Ah Ka likes her, so what happens there?

As for whether or not Ding San deserves Lei Fa.....well the title, has it all this is a "reincarnated love," sooo what does people think.

I mean this drama is the only closely drama that I've supported and was kinda desperated to know the ending of, other then Better Halves. But all in alll....maybe's this remake is decent. However, most people would probably, if they seen the old one agree that the old one is better...

Little triva...for those that don't know. The king in this version is the husband of the older version's Lei Fa (Chen Mun Yee)
    "If you tell lies, does the Truth come and smack you in the face?"

I thought ding san got away with it too easy. the screenwriters should have kept the ending like the old version because just having ding san looking for lei fa in the forest was waaaaaaay too easy. all in all, it was a good serie, I haven't have such obsession for a serie since square peg.

Yes, in the old version where Ding San had to 'really win her back' was impressive. I haven't seen Lady Fan in full, but from what I've seen of the ending, I think the ring did too much for him though they are destined, but still. He should have really TRY and SUFFER to convince Lei Fa of his love, getting her old bangle and searching for her in the forest were nothing compare to what Lei Fa did in order to get his love in the first place. But I still like this ending coz in here they are just 'a couple', yuppp, just Ding San and Lei Fa.

I'm planning to get the DVD with the English subs, pls let me know if it's out to be purchased.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I've been mostly posting spoilers on this thread only, but I'm gonna rant about the show this time round.

I was really disappointed with Lady Fan. To answer Miz's question, nothing happened between Fan Mou and Sin Tong. The series ends with Lei Fa and Ding San, and everyone else evaporated into thin air. I keep thinking if they could spend 20 episodes on the story of 2 people, you'd think they could come up with a better plot. I rather like Joe Ma, but Ding San is written to be such a loser, I didn't feel for him and Lei Fa one bit. Towards the end, you could almost feel the scriptwriters panicking and trying to redeem Joe Ma's character. It was a pathetic effort. I've submitted a review for this series, and frankly if I wasn't a Jessica fan, I'd have stopped watching it.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

This Series was good becasue i actually had an obsession for the next episodes but like what you said I think the ending was quite rushed same with Take My Word For It the series itself was good but ending sucked.
    CuReNtLy WaTcHiNg:
    tWiN oF bRoThErS
    wAr AnD bEaUtY
    NaRuTo

FiNiShEd WaTcHiNg:
    To CaTcH tHe UnCaTcHaBlE
    tO gEt UnStUcK iN tImE
    pLaCeBo CuRe
    HiDdEn TrEaSuReS

That's all it seems to be right now...I don't watch as much dramas now as I use to in the past, but all the TVB dramas that I find worth watching....the ending always sucks because the ending is rushed or something....this just stinks...hence I don't really like watching dramas.....I love to watch martial arts dramas...and to have it turned out like this...now why can't they have the ending like Condor Heros or Condor Lovers....the ending that the remakes had ended with just the right timing and such....
    "If you tell lies, does the Truth come and smack you in the face?"

OK, I am up to ep 18. I am OK with the rest of the family and like Sin TUng very much. But, I still hate the mother. Wonder how she'd like it if her husband got a concubine and her mother-in-law treated her that way.

BTW, is the old version good? The VCD is out, wonder if it's good to watch.

I don't like the mother neither. Why is the personaility of the mother in this series a direct opposite of the older version?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by tinac
    OK, I am up to ep 18. I am OK with the rest of the family and like Sin TUng very much. But, I still hate the mother. Wonder how she'd like it if her husband got a concubine and her mother-in-law treated her that way.
    I was wishing Lei Fa would get revenge on her Mother-in-law by introducing a girl to her Father-in-law and see how she'd like it if he was to have a second wife! How ungrateful was she, at least everyone else came to their senses and saw how nice Lei Fa is.

Its funny how we don't like the actress in this role, but I really liked her playing Jessica's mum in Golden Faith! what a contrast.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

tinac, the older version is very good. I can't really compare with this version though coz I haven't watched this one in full, but I would certainly recommend 'General Father, General Son' coz the performances were fabulous and the story was a bit more convincing. I'm more eager about Lady Fan coz Jessica's in it and I kinda like Joe Ma, too.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

TVB changed the plot too much to fit with the new generation. According to the books, Ding Sat had three wives. He married Lei Fa as his second wife but somehow she ended up as first wife (don't remember much detail). Her son is the reincarnation of Yeung Fan and later on caused the whole family (3 generations) to be beheaded for revenge.
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

I think they changed the storyline cas they aren't planning on making the other parts, hence they've got to round off the series somewhere. Or else we would have ended up with a cliff hanger, in which they may never end up filming the sequel, which is something TVB is famous for. Also they've got to fit everything into 20 episodes and the series went at lighting pace as it is. Before I knew it, it was over.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

After finishing the entire serial, i'm kinda disappointed. The story was plain and the special effects were cheesy. Lei Fa and Ding San didn't have to do anything in the entire show...........the ring did everything for them.

The ring killed Yeung Fan.
    The ring helped them find each other.
    The ring broke the war btwn the 2 countries in the beginning.
    The ring woke Lei Fa when she was under Yeung Fan's spell.

I expected more action.

yeah I thought that the ring did too much for them too. Would be better they fought Yang Fan and won by their martial art expertise. I really hated how they rushed the ending. My god, my head was wheeling by the time the serie was over. I was like huh? That was way too fast. Shoulda have maybe 2-4 episodes to tie all ends together more nicely. But I still like the serie

Just finished the series a moment ago. I thought the ending was kinda hasty too.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I liked in the older version, how Sit Ding San had to kneel and bow all the way to Fan Lei Fa to beg for forgiveness, and be mocked by her for how he used to treat her. I was waiting for that to happen and it never came.

I wished instead of the ring, they had swords or something so they could fight more. Has anyone noticed that the character Yeung Fan has less depth in the new version than the old?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Has anyone got the theme song to Fan Lei Fa? I really like the song! Thanks!
    HaCkY Jo