Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Huan Zhu Ge Ge III - The Plot

Haha been a while since we were on this thread...been some HZ debate on the Zhou Jie thread, so I thought we ought to start this discussion up again.

I think HZ popularity was at its peak towards the beginning of HZ2...towards the end of HZ2, some fans started to go..."ehh Qiong Yao is kind of fishing for plot ideas." I mean, it's kind of ridiculous when XYZ/ZW get mixed up during the wedding. That's just kind of unnecessary. However, if Qiong Yao had made HZ3 with the same cast and immediately after HZ2, it would've gotten better ratings and reviews.

At least we can rest assured there will probably not be a HZ4...what is Qiong Yao working on now anyway?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

I'm confused with hzgg cos sum say it's Mainland China productions and sum say it's a Taiwan production!

Which 1 is the real answer?

It should be Taiwan, despite Zhou Jie, Vicki, and Fan Bing Bing being from China. Is Zhang Tie Lin from Taiwan or Mainland? He's been in a lot of Mainland series, so I assume Mainalnd, but dunno for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    It should be Taiwan, despite Zhou Jie, Vicki, and Fan Bing Bing being from China. Is Zhang Tie Lin from Taiwan or Mainland? He's been in a lot of Mainland series, so I assume Mainalnd, but dunno for sure.
    Zhang Tielin is actually from England hehe since in HSDS in the credits it said
    张铁林 (英)

But I assume he was from Mainland to begin with, since he doesn't speak like someone from Taiwan (nothing against actors/actresses from Taiwan...quite a fan of Ady, Alyssa, and Alec, and they all talk like Taiwanese people).

It's a Taiwanese series since that's where it was filmed, plus Qiong Yao is Taiwanese.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Zhang Tielin is actually from England hehe since in HSDS in the credits it said
    张铁林 (英)

But I assume he was from Mainland to begin with, since he doesn't speak like someone from Taiwan (nothing against actors/actresses from Taiwan...quite a fan of Ady, Alyssa, and Alec, and they all talk like Taiwanese people).

It's a Taiwanese series since that's where it was filmed, plus Qiong Yao is Taiwanese.
    no.. it was filmed in Beijing, but the production company is from taiwan, that's why it's a taiwanese series.

and zhang tielin could be considered as mainland

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    no.. it was filmed in Beijing, but the production company is from taiwan, that's why it's a taiwanese series.

and zhang tielin could be considered as mainland
    Oh yeah they did film it in Beijing! I remember now...did they do any scenes in Taiwan? I know they definitely filmed in Beijing, but not necessarily in the Forbidden City.

Summer of 2005 I went to Beijing and in the palace where the corrupt official He Shen lived there was a place where the filmed the butterfly scene in HZGG2...it was HZGG Holy Ground

I mean, it's kind of ridiculous when XYZ/ZW get mixed up during the wedding. That's just kind of unnecessary.
    lol. I like that part. it made the wedding more interesting! and the fact that everyone was spying on them outside the room.

anyway, funnily enough, I've just finished rewatching (well, more like watching and skipping large parts) HZ3 on Google Video. God, I hate Zhi Hua.

Quote Originally Posted by hmschocolate
    God, I hate Zhi Hua.
    Interesting use of smilies.

Yeah Zhi Hua became more annoying the second time I watched her...like how she tries to frame XYZ. I felt bad for her the first time, but she wasn't exactly the sweetest person to XYZ.

Interesting use of smilies.

Yeah Zhi Hua became more annoying the second time I watched her...like how she tries to frame XYZ. I felt bad for her the first time, but she wasn't exactly the sweetest person to XYZ.
    maliciously, I'm taking delight in hating her.

yeah, i wasn't so much annoyed at the fact that she wanted Yong qi to herself but the fact that she was so manipulative at it. yong qi's too nice, and she plays on his kindness by hitting herself against the closet thing and then acted all like she was dying and everything.

though the whole thing would have bothered me less if there wasn't that scene before, where lao fou ye comes into jing yang gong and have to secret talk with zhi hua.

Out of all Huan Zhu Ge Ge, part I is the best.

I agree on that, HZ1 was the best.

Though you know what I actually liked about HZ3? The father-son scenes between Qian Long and Yong Qi. It took me by surprise when Qian Long actually slapped Yong Qi. I love how afterwards, when Zhi Hua comes to give Er Kang water and Qian Long catches them, everyone calls him Huang Ah Ma but Yong Qi stays silent. It reminded me of when Qian Long slapped Xiao Yan Zi back in HZ2.

And I liked the scene when Yong Qi came to tell Qian Long about marrying Zhi Hua. the look on Yong Qi's face when Qian Long suggested that he'd done something to Zhi Hua to have to marry her was just... but Qian Long explaining why he had chosen Yong Qi to be the crown prince after that was touching.

Hmm I can't remember that scene...could you give a little more bkgd please? Why did Qianlong slap Yongqi (I'm assuming over Zhi Hua?)

Qianlong slaps a lot of people but he usually makes up for it in the end...Xiao Yan Zi, I think he actually slapped Zi Wei twice (which is surprising since I always felt Qianlong favoured Zi Wei a lot), Yong Qi...I guess it's part of the fatherly thing.

I think when Qianlong slapped Xiao Yan Zi it was kind of unfair, since if you watch the scene in HZGG 2, he slaps Xiao Yan Zi, Zi Wei get upset over it, and when he goes back to apologize he says like three things to Xiao Yan Zi and spends the rest of the time making Zi Wei feel better and apologizing to Zi Wei. Seriously.

No, Qian Long slaps Yong Qi because of Er Kang. When Xiao Jian and Qing Er ran away on the trip to the south, Er Kang let them out or something (I forgot) and Qian Long got really mad and locks EK up. then they started to head back to Beijing and EK was put in a wooden cart thing, all chained up and everything. YQ, XYZ and ZW, being them, refused to ride in the carriages but rode on the cart with EK. But QL ordered EK to not be given any water/food until YQ, XYZ and ZW went back to their carriage. YQ went and said to QL if EK isn't allowed food and water, the rest of them would not eat or drink either.

then he also said a bunch of stuff how punishing them must hurt QL as well, and something about QL putting them all in a difficult position. QL, who was still sore over Xia Ying Ying and their interference, said that now they know what it's like to be put in a difficult position...then I can't remember what YQ actually said that made QL get out and slap him.

then Zhi Hua and lao fou ye found out how YQ, XYZ and ZW were planning not to eat and drink with EK and LFY sent ZH to bring EK water. ZH used LFY's status to get the guards to opening the cart so that she could give EK water. Then QL caught them, and at that moment, XJ and QE came riding back because they couldn't bear to leave everyone to suffer the consequence for their happiness. then QL got fatherly and told them all to get onto the carriage and summon tai yi. everyone was touched and called him Huang Ah Ma. it's like, there's a shot to everyone, first XYZ, then ZW, then EK calling QL HAM. then it came to YQ and he just stared at QL with this stubborn look.

then QL and YQ stepped away from the procession to talk and QL said some things similar to what he said to XYZ in HZ2 and they made up with a hug.

actually, I think QL only slapped ZW once, over Xia Ying Ying which I thought was stupid. I mean, that seems so like Qiong Yao repeating ideas. both times that QL slapped either ZW or XYZ, it's over a woman! but wait, did QL slap ZW in HZ2 when she told him the whole story about Han Xiang? I can't remember.

though I thought the time he slapped XYZ, he talked to ZW more because XYZ was still refusing to talk to him. but yeah, he definitely dwelled more on the reason for the slapp (XYZ criticising his way with women) than the actual fact that he slapped her.

Hmm...if (heaven forbid) HZ4 was ever made...I'd be expecting QL to slap Er Kang next. but I suppose not, and the father-child bond is stronger with XYZ, ZW and YQ than with EK considering they actually are his children.

actually, I think QL only slapped ZW once, over Xia Ying Ying which I thought was stupid. I mean, that seems so like Qiong Yao repeating ideas. both times that QL slapped either ZW or XYZ, it's over a woman! but wait, did QL slap ZW in HZ2 when she told him the whole story about Han Xiang? I can't remember.
    Umm the first time was in HZ2 when she told the whole story about Han Xiang, second time over Xia Yingying. Well, apparently Qianlong is quite into his women. He's quite a horny emperor at times.

Hmm...if (heaven forbid) HZ4 was ever made...I'd be expecting QL to slap Er Kang next. but I suppose not, and the father-child bond is stronger with XYZ, ZW and YQ than with EK considering they actually are his children.
    Heaven forbid. I will probably watch it out of curiosity, and I bet in HZ4 Yong Qi will go off with Zhi Hua and Xiao Yan Zi will jump off a cliff in her sorrow and butterflies will save her.

Heaven forbid. I will probably watch it out of curiosity, and I bet in HZ4 Yong Qi will go off with Zhi Hua and Xiao Yan Zi will jump off a cliff in her sorrow and butterflies will save her.
    And considering how long QL lived, we'd have to have another woman, of course. though I think he'd ran out of people to slap now.

actually...realistically, there is still an open plot line to potentially develop into HZ4 (oh dear). after all, YQ and XYZ and EK and ZW promised to marry Dong Er and Nan Er off right? so how on earth are they going to meet and marry if they live in two different ends of the country? I mean, assuming their parents want them to be able to get to know each other and may be fall in love (which would make sense considering what a big fuss they themselves made over their marriages based on love)...so yeah, Qiong Yao, if she ever wants to go back to HZGG again could develop on that. and then Mian Yi will get in there somehow...

Oh! I know, Mian Yi and Nan Er meet, don't know they're siblings and fall in love!

no wait, maybe han xiang will come and turn into a butterfly and save xyz.

lol!!! that was pretty stupid in HZGG 3 how the butterflies saved zi wei when she jumped off a cliff...

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    no wait, maybe han xiang will come and turn into a butterfly and save xyz.

I'd actually have liked to see Han Xiang again in HZ3. But I guess considering Liu Dan's death, it might cause some stir to cast someone else as Han Xiang and have her appear when she could jsut disappear from the series.

I'd actually have liked to see Han Xiang again in HZ3. But I guess considering Liu Dan's death, it might cause some stir to cast someone else as Han Xiang and have her appear when she could jsut disappear from the series.
    Well then again there were a gazillion casting changes already, so I don't think it would've been a big deal. However, I guess since Han Xiang wasn't an essential character she was written out, just like Liu Qing, Liu Hong, and Jin Suo (who I assume weren't into doing another sequel either).

I like Han Xiang's character a lot, and of course I liked her butterflies. Liu Dan grew on me...sometimes she kind of reminds me of Zhang Ziyi.

If there is a HZ4, I seriously hope it's on their children and not them again. But they left the palace. That was the stupidest part of HZ3.

I guess since Han Xiang wasn't an essential character she was written out, just like Liu Qing, Liu Hong, and Jin Suo (who I assume weren't into doing another sequel either).

If there is a HZ4, I seriously hope it's on their children and not them again. But they left the palace. That was the stupidest part of HZ3.
    I thought the fact that Liu Qing Liu Hong and Jin Suo disappeared was one of the stupid parts. I mean, all through HZ1 and 2 they swore up and down how they're supposed to stay this big group sharing happiness and pain etc etc, then suddenly out of the blue, half the group just disappeared from the series. but from the writer and producer's POV, I could see why they were chopped from HZ3, considering they're not that essential to the plot anyway.

as for HZ4...well, I think after the reviews for HZ3, I dont think Qiong Yao would ever make a fourth series. that, and the fact that I doubt she could think of much more troubles they could get into now anyway. but yeah, the fact that they left was very lame.

A series like HZGG deserves a better ending than HZGG3, but I don't think HZGG4 would be a wise idea at the moment. Or a wise idea anytime, for that matter.

Would type more but loads of homework.