Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins Effect II : Launches acting career for Jaycee Fong

The guy might look better with his hair short but Jackie doesn't allow it! c.c;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    The guy might look better with his hair short but Jackie doesn't allow it! c.c;
    Jackie's real weird. Most parents would complain about their so keeping long hair. Jackie instead, insisted on it.

Probably didn't want his son to look too much like him yet.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    But then... Jaycee lacks the charisma or looks or talents to pull it off though.
    I read Jaycee's interview article and saw him on those TVB entertainment news show. I found that he has a very likable personality and charming in his own way. That's why I was actually looking forward to Twins Effect 2 (but bad reviews discourage me watching the movie until now). Although his performance is dissapointing in that movie, I won't mind watching him again in another movie. Nicholas Tse was critisised a lot too when he first entered the entertainment circle, but he is doing fine now. So, there's still hope for Jaycee.

Btw, just heard a few of his songs. Pretty good (although he tends to mumble his lyrics sometimes). Not your average pop songs.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-13-04 at 09:15 PM.

Yeah, but Nic already had a pretty impressive acting debut back then with the Young And Dangerous prequel.

I won't write Jaycee off immediately, but things ain't looking too good for him now.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

He just got bad luck for getting a lousy script.

Yeah I noticed any movies which involves Twins gets a little... too crazy and stupid... Hmm...

Jaycee will never made it as long as Jackie Chan is around and try to "Help"...,

Jackie Chan ruined his son's career ..
    Nobody likes nepotism.., be it in politics , business or entertainment..

It's a pitty, Jaycee face is likable enough (b'cos he looks ordinary).
    They should have tried to play down the Jackie Chan connection and worked on his strong point (MUSIC) instead of trying to make him an Idol...(which he dun have the looks for..)

Right now, pple are not objective of his talents and attributes, b'cos they already despise and dun respect him b'cos of his "Crown Prince" status..

If he had try to be lower-profiled and had the guts to refuse his Father's Help.
    Some people would atleast respect him for trying to make it on his own terms and give him a fair asessment

Quote Originally Posted by GuangRong
    Jaycee will never made it as long as Jackie Chan is around and try to "Help"...,

Jackie Chan ruined his son's career ..
    Nobody likes nepotism.., be it in politics , business or entertainment..

It's a pitty, Jaycee face is likable enough (b'cos he looks ordinary).
    They should have tried to play down the Jackie Chan connection and worked on his strong point (MUSIC) instead of trying to make him an Idol...(which he dun have the looks for..)

Right now, pple are not objective of his talents and attributes, b'cos they already despise and dun respect him b'cos of his "Crown Prince" status..

If he had try to be lower-profiled and had the guts to refuse his Father's Help.
    Some people would atleast respect him for trying to make it on his own terms and give him a fair asessment
    Maybe Jackie has started to release this. So, he is trying to undo the damage by slamming his son's debut album.

Hollywood action star Jackie Chan snubs son's pop career

HONG KONG (AFP) - Action movie star Jackie Chan usually deals body blows to movie villains, but now he has punched a hole in his son's pop career with a stunning attack on Jaycee Chan's debut album, reports said.

Jackie, in Beijing for the premier of Hong Kong cop drama "New Police Story", admitted he didn't like "Running While Singing", the first single lifted from young Chan's self-titled and self-penned debut album.

"I don't like the song. Can you guys tell him that?" newspaper Apple Daily quoted the star telling reporters.

"After hearing the song, I thought I should just leave him to mind his own business," Jackie said.

Jaycee, 21, who bears a striking resemblance to his father and inherited his trademark big nose, was said to have enjoyed a smooth ride into showbiz thanks to the patronage of the world's most famous Chinese superstar.

Nonetheless, the Mandarin-language album of autobiographical folk and RnB tracks is getting short shrift from Jackie.

"He hasn't even given me the album. We don't have time to see each other," a terse Jackie added.

Jaycee was born in 1983, just two days after Jackie married retired Taiwan actress Joan Lin.

He spent most of his young life in Los Angeles with his mother after his parents split and Jackie established himself as a major action star.

He hasn't even given me the album.
    Ah. Now we know why he slammed the album.

y'kno back then, he only sees his son several times a year. In a interview he joked around saying that he has a really long name "Jackie Chan and Lam Fung Giu's son Chan Cho-ming" or simply "Jackie Chan's son". So he's self-conscious of his position and he's cool enough to joke around with it. He's not denying or hiding the connections, like say Juno. If only he can fight and do stunts.

Er, it's much harder for Jaycee to hide his connections compared to Juno, you know?
    Swifty, Writing

Just finish the movie... his acting is not that bad... Well, I still think they should have use someone else to play his role... Maybe they use him because want it to look bit fresh? By the way, I think the one who goes with Charlene Choi is kind of good looking... Hehe...
    ~Cathelyn~

Quote Originally Posted by Cathelyn
    Just finish the movie... his acting is not that bad... Well, I still think they should have use someone else to play his role... Maybe they use him because want it to look bit fresh? By the way, I think the one who goes with Charlene Choi is kind of good looking... Hehe...
    His name is Wilson Chen Bo-Lin. He got spotted in front of an ice-cream parlor by director Yee Chih-Yen who was looking for new faces to star in his teen movie 'Blue Gate Crossing'.

i actually prefer part 2 than part 1....it's just that i find jaycee lacks facial expression!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Maybe Jackie has started to release this. So, he is trying to undo the damage by slamming his son's debut album.
    nah its all showbiz and publicity. do u think everyone would be so interested if jacky n son had a normal loving father n son relationship ? the public loves to see people at each others throats, getting embarassed in public, which explains the success of american idol. u can deny that jacky's comment generated lots of publicity, which is good.. for him n his son at least

so did Edison Chen really die in the second Twins Effect?

for those that have watched the second, remember when he was surrounded by those evil guys that wanted to grab the piece of stone from him? and ah giw came in time and fought them all off?
    it looked like he just collasped? but didn't die rite?
    where there is people, there is conflict. deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1swt_babiee
    so did Edison Chen really die in the second Twins Effect?

for those that have watched the second, remember when he was surrounded by those evil guys that wanted to grab the piece of stone from him? and ah giw came in time and fought them all off?
    it looked like he just collasped? but didn't die rite?
    I also wonder about that, cant really get that part...
    ~Cathelyn~