Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is TVB dying out?

TVB seemed to be on decline since the late 90s but I found that I really like several series from last two years so its getting better?

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    hahaha...so funny, even though I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. I liked both F2F and the Four. Raymond Lam, is probably the only younger generation TVB actor that my parents are willing to watch. Currently, TVB seems to like making lots of women dramas or family dramas. It can get quite tedious. I personally only watch ancient series, I don't really watch modern ones. If taking that into consideration...then yes, TVB is kind of a dying animal to me.

Oh yeah, Twin of Brothers, was a great production, which also starred Raymond Lam. Roger/Ron? [whatever] Ng was so boring though...
    lol - yeah, it was meant as a genuine compliment =) Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion also wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (although it doesn't help my argument on TVB's general ability that Raymond Lam was there too).

It was encouraging that in both F2F and the Four, while Raymond Lam added a lot of class to the show, he didn't really steal it. Kenneth Ma did a very good job in the Four, while Frankie Lam (although he isn't technically younger generation) was excellent in F2F (even Bosco Wong was really likeable in LWOLAP). I think TVB have a very decent core of actors and actresses, but with the same boring light and shallow modern serials coming in and out they are in danger of not being able to show their potential and achieve what they can. How often do we get serials like Heart of Greed, Moonlight Resonance and Drive of Life - all, coincidentally, starring Raymond Lam too, maybe it IS him, then =)
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 05-16-10 at 12:57 AM.

All good stories have been made, and all the remakes are not as good (mostly)

i haven't watch tvb for years, its always the same crap