Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stairway to Heaven

oh yes the cinderella concept on the carriage... hahha.... i couldn't stop laughing also.. they look so stupid in that constume and they have that red sash thing hanging from the side makes them look like the competitors from Miss Universe and Mr Manhunt....
    But the scene later on when she got herself dead drunk and divulged who she was .. good acting from CJW.. i can feel her emotions man...

My heart was literally bleeding ... never felt this way about a tv show ever. Especially when I rewatched it and appreciated how painful it was for Song Joo even when he outwardly appeared strong and playful. Hey, if a guy ran after me like that across a few bus stops I'd go out with him because he made the darn effort. No creeps though.

I actually found it difficult to watch the show a second time, since I know already know the ending, it was more painful to watch them going through so much stuff, knowing that in the end they can't be together.

Stopping after the wedding ...

Did anyone notice, the white grand piano at the beach is a different brand to the one in the house? Product placement ... BTW, does anyone know if KSW did play the piano? The scenes were cut pretty well ... I didn't think it looked like his hands though. The ones playing the piano were rather gnarled.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    Stopping after the wedding ...

Did anyone notice, the white grand piano at the beach is a different brand to the one in the house? Product placement ... BTW, does anyone know if KSW did play the piano? The scenes were cut pretty well ... I didn't think it looked like his hands though. The ones playing the piano were rather gnarled.
    No,Kwon Sang Woo doesn't know how to play the piano.Since he is born in a not so wealthy family,he had no additional money to learn the piano.
    ||Kwon Sang Woo||クォン・サンウ ||권상우||权相宇||

rewatched the last few epi today and found them to be more touching than they were the first time.. the more I watch the more I feel for KSW's character... can't help but imagine how lonely his life will be after jingsuh is gone

KTH is so cute and her wardrobe so fantastic I find it hard to hate her. I think it's just so funny when KSW keeps pushing her buttons - he obviously doesn't love her but she's applying herself like a plaster. Remember the scene where he went down the lift with CJW and she ran down the stairs to intercept them. He pulled her into the lift and got her to go up without him while he goes off to chase CJW yet again. Love love love her wardrobe. Even the white stockings.
    I was laughing at Yuri during this scene.

Why didn't Jingshu simply go ahead and tell Chengjun who she was after she's regained her memory? I know she tried the next day in the afternoon, but why didn't she try harder, or perhaps be smarter about the process and talk about their memories together in the past and stuff? Particularly when they met at the carousel that night? All that time together, plus the carriage, and she didn't say anything? I don't quite understand.

Equally baffling was Chenjun's behaviour towards Jingshu/Zhixiu. He's in love with her, but when she told him straight in the face that she's Jingshu, he didn't believe her. Why? Why wouldn't he believe her if he loved her? Did he think that she - the girl he loved - would stoop to lying? And then he allowed his lackeys/bodyguards (or whoever those guys were) to forcefully drag her away. They were so rough to her, and all he did was stand and watch!

And on the next day, he kept quiet while his mum told Jingshu to resign, and didn't say anything to help Jingshu at all. And then later in his office, he told her he loved her even though she wasn't Jingshu, but then after that, told her to leave. I really don't understand.

Yeah..there are some ridiculous scenes like when Jingshu hides in the closet in her old beach house and watch Chengjun playing the piano because she doesn't want Chengjun to find her, but then after he left she runs out and scream yell like crazy because she wants to see him now. i mean wth..if she wants him so much why hide then when he's gone she cries and screams. i thought that part was really stupid.
    *Fav. Starz* [Dylan G, Louis K, Blue L, Julian Ch, Kevin Ch, Roger K, Chris L, Ruby L, Ady An, Leila T, Jessica Hs, Joyce T, Cecilia Ch, Noel L, Alyssa Ch, Lee Jung Huyn, Namie Amuro, Boa]

I thought the most stupid scene was Tae Hwa rushing in to Jung Suh's supposed engagement party, calling out to her while he was being arrested, have her run out after him all the way to the police station then berating her for not going ahead with the engagement. Even more stupid was that she actually ran out after him. He could've called her or Song Joo from the police station. They are allowed one phone call. She could've gone ahead with the engagement and then bailed him out. WTF?

Then all the crap about Song Joo and Jung Suh being friends later at the carousel after they couldn't get engaged. He was basically tricking her into wearing the ring as a "friendship" ring. That was actually funny. You don't wear a ring on your ring finger. It's definitely more than a friendship ring.

Yes and when I was watching I was like " What the hel.. why bother abt Yuri why bother so much abt others when u guys been pining and missing each other for SOOOooo long.. and when u've finally got a chance to get together u just throw it away... "

I guess the part of her hiding in the closet can still be quite understandable... she didn't want him to see her in such a state so she hides yet she so longs to be with him esp when she's in such a vulnerable state all the more she'd want to be with him.. so she eventually runs out.. haha.. but the part where she rolls down the pavement in her chase after him was abit overdone la..

I like the parts where TaeHwa and Songjoo were cooking in the kitchen and the 3 of them having their instant noodles ..
    One quest thou... Taehwa's method of suicide... how can he gurantee that his cornea will not get damaged like how Jingsuh was ... cos basically hers was torn due to impact , him crashing against the barricade.. will definitely result in the same impact also wat.. so he cover his eyes for what??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming_starz
    Yeah..there are some ridiculous scenes like when Jingshu hides in the closet in her old beach house and watch Chengjun playing the piano because she doesn't want Chengjun to find her, but then after he left she runs out and scream yell like crazy because she wants to see him now. i mean wth..if she wants him so much why hide then when he's gone she cries and screams. i thought that part was really stupid.
    To understand this scene, you have to think about why Jungsuh ran away in the first place. She didn't want to burden with Chengjun, and ruin his future. The reason why she ran after him, is because she missed him so much, and all that longing repressed inside of her exploded out when she 'feels' him leaving. Its like you wanting something so much, yet you try to repress yourself from getting it, and then when its not there anymore, you try to obtain it and its not there anymore.
    Think of all the longing and anguish that she's going through at that moment, when she's doing something that she doesn't want to do AT ALL.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Then all the crap about Song Joo and Jung Suh being friends later at the carousel after they couldn't get engaged. He was basically tricking her into wearing the ring as a "friendship" ring. That was actually funny. You don't wear a ring on your ring finger. It's definitely more than a friendship ring.
    LOL, that scene is meant to show that they have more than friendship on their minds(especially KSW) .. they're trying to fool themselves into thinking that its friendship, but what they both want is something MORE than friendship.
    I think it was quite touching how they're forcing themself into thinking and behaving like that....when you can see the longing and anguish in their gazes.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

I loved the part where he said he was playing cool by throwing the ring away. This show really sucks me in and makes my heart ache. Where do these guys come from? I want one too!
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 09-23-05 at 01:53 AM.

Where do these guys come from? I want one too!
    I know many have said so, but why is Chengjun that great? He's callous to Youli (when he doesn't have a reason to do so yet); he's uses Youli to spite Jingshu; he simply stands there and watch while his guys forcibly drags a visibly upset Jingshu away; he doesn't believe Jingshu (I don't get it - does he think that she's lying?!); and he allows his mum to pressurise Jingshu into resigning without a word of protest. Meanwhile, he claims to be in love with Jingshu. But if he loves her, why behave this way?

I want to like the man, but I'm still not getting the vibe (as I did with Bae Yong Jun's character in Winter Sonata).

I just want the hot bod. I think what touches me is his perseverence. He alwasy believed that she was alive, and he was very clear about what he wanted - I can't say the same for most of the guys I know. As for the other stuff, you have to understand traditional Asian society ... you don't argue with authority. Jung Suh resigned on her own. He couldn't have helped. It was her choice even if it was pressured. She didn't want to make things difficult for him. As for not believing her, don't you think it's more because she was drunk, or that she didn't express it properly? She could've taken out the necklace. The others are pretty much plotholes, not character faults.

Yuri was always too contrived. I don't think it's too hard to tell that she's pretentious and trying too hard.

I loved BYJ in Hotelier ... can't say the same for WS.
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 09-23-05 at 04:24 AM.

As for not believing her, don't you think it's more because she was drunk, or that she didn't express it properly? She could've taken out the necklace.
    Oh yes, I can't agree more. Her lack of intelligence in dealing with this is quite a pain to watch.

Youli is rather awful, isn't she? But the actress playing the character is such a sweetheart, in terms of looks.

As for BYJ, I like the personality of his character in WS, but as for physical build and looks, his character in Hotelier (Frank Shin?) wins hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    Youli is rather awful, isn't she? But the actress playing the character is such a sweetheart, in terms of looks.
    I agree that Youli's awful but it's a joy watching her at times lol. Especially the way she runs sometimes and how she behaves when she gets panicky. I didn't really notice her when I surfed for information on this drama, but when she first appeared, yea she got me right away.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    I agree that Youli's awful but it's a joy watching her at times...
    Do you have a problem with her eyes? They bug me, particularly when she does those "big-eyed" glares. Her eyeballs look ready to drop out of the sockets in those instances.

I guess this bothers me because I accidentally caught a segment on some reality show once, and there was a lady trying to "bulge" her eyeballs as far as she could. That was a pain to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    Do you have a problem with her eyes? They bug me, particularly when she does those "big-eyed" glares. Her eyeballs look ready to drop out of the sockets in those instances.
    I have a problem with her bulging eyes glare, it is rather disgusting. And it shows that she's not very good in acting as an evil person, since she's using that expression so frequently.