Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Yittz's Clinic!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    What to do when you're over stuffed with turkey?
    I'm so full that I think my tummy will pop open.

Ogakira, I just got over my cold too.
    You know what made me feel better?
    Snuggling up with my bf on the sofa in front of the fireplace.
    My bf made me chicken soup, and a little honey in my tea was good too.
    And a lot of sleeping helps.

Hope you feel better!
    go poop
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    go poop
    I did. And now I'm eating again.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    There's no cure for the common cold - people just have to get through the course of the disease.
    Thanks doc.
    uuuuhggg...i guess I'll have to ride it out.*sniffles* .....I'll try some alcohol to help me sleep.

Ogakira, I just got over my cold too.
    You know what made me feel better?
    Snuggling up with my bf on the sofa in front of the fireplace.
    My bf made me chicken soup, and a little honey in my tea was good too.
    And a lot of sleeping helps.

Hope you feel better!
    Somehow I don't think your response was devised to help me feel better but rather...worse.? [insert broken heart emoticon here]
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 11-23-07 at 02:20 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post

Somehow I don't think your response was devised to help me feel better but rather...worse.? [insert broken heart emoticon here]
    Huh? How so? I was only giving you suggestions.
    I'll tell my best friend that her method is no use on you.

Huh? How so? I was only giving you suggestions.
    I'll tell my best friend that her method is no use on you.
    Best friend? Didn't you type that? "You and your bf?"

Anyways thanks for the tip. I have all the ingredients, soup, sofa, honey, I'll go find a girl. LOL
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Just rest ogakira - finding a girl takes too much effort, and not worth it.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Doc, I eat LOTS of white rice. Like 2 big bowls at dinner, and 2 big bowls at lunch (when I eat at home). What are the harmful effects of too much white rice intake? If I decrease intake by half, how much more of meat and veggies would I have to eat to compensate?
    This account is retired.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21UI.html

I found the above - might interest you to explore further of alternatives and their nutritional value.

White rice is refined, and just like white bread the brown alternative is preferred health wise. It has less fibre, higher caloric and glycaemic index.

Health wise, you want the most amount of nutritional value (vits, minerals, essential aa/fa) for the least amount of caloric increase (responsible for obesity, diabetes, vessel disease). You also want fibre to counter constipation and help to fill you up. Glycaemic index is relevant to carbs, you want them to be low to decrease the risk of diabetes.

Imo, white rice isn't terrible. 4 big bowls a day is probably too much.

How much food do eat alongside the 2 big bowls?
    Is it possible to cut down to one bowl, without feeling hungry in between?
    Is brown rice a possible alternative?

Other healthy alternatives to replace some of the white rice - pasta/noodles (not those chinese refined ones), eat a big cereal breakfast to decrease lunch intake, whole grain bread sandwich for lunch, salads.

Member of TC fanclub.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Double posted
    Last edited by bellamia; 12-02-07 at 10:13 PM.

Best friend? Didn't you type that? "You and your bf?"

Anyways thanks for the tip. I have all the ingredients, soup, sofa, honey, I'll go find a girl. LOL
    Why would she want to snuggle up with her "best friend" in front of the fire place? I think she meant (bf) boyfriend. Since that's clarified, are you going to go out and find a boy now?

I guess this flu thing is going around. I really don't know what to think of my immune system...I'm the type that gets sick only twice a year. The last time that I had a cold was sometime in March, but then when I do catch one, it can last anywhere from 3 weeks to one month. This is normal for me, but then it seems so abnormal to be sick for this long. I hate this miserable feeling! I'm taking lots of vitamins, cold medicines, and hot liquids. However, nothing seems to help eradicate this cold. The last time that I was sick, I'd gone to a doctor, and he prescribed this medicine that magically suppressed my coughs. However, even that didn't do anything to hasten my recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Doc, I eat LOTS of white rice. Like 2 big bowls at dinner, and 2 big bowls at lunch (when I eat at home). What are the harmful effects of too much white rice intake? If I decrease intake by half, how much more of meat and veggies would I have to eat to compensate?
    Man bro, 4 big bowls and you're not overweight. You must have high metabolism or very active or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Why would she want to snuggle up with her "best friend" in front of the fire place? I think she meant (bf) boyfriend. Since that's clarified, are you going to go out and find a boy now?
    That's what I thought at first but it was her girlfriend. But umm...since im still getting over my cold, why don't you and I snuggle up?

3wks-Month, you sure that's a common cold? Sounds more like the flu or something more serious. Just drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. I was drinking alcohol just so I could fall asleep. Alcohol qualifies as a fluid rite? I already got my flu shot so hopefully Im protected. Hope you feel better soon.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

That's what I thought at first but it was her girlfriend. But umm...since im still getting over my cold, why don't you and I snuggle up?
    I don't think you want to suffer a month long of misery.

Alcohol qualifies as a fluid rite?
    yes, alcohol is good for the soul, but definitely not healthy for the immune system. I hope you recover soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I don't think you want to suffer a month long of misery.
    I'd suffer a month of misery if it'll get me a lifetime of pleasure. but errrr...not to go off topic but yes...you should really get some rest.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I went to work today and started sneezing in the dust that had enveloped my workplace because of renovations to a large part of the building. Now, at home several hours later, I am still sneezing and my nose is blocked up. Is my reaction to the dust at my workplace about to become a cold?
    Thanks!

Addendum: To date, I've never sneezed so much and/or developed a blocked nose over a bunch of dust.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 12-03-07 at 05:13 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

don't take my word since im not a doctor but sounds more like allergies.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Sounds like allergy.

Although it's strange that it's never happened before, and it's work dust (not mites etc.).

Are you going back to work tomorrow? See if it gets better, especially on weekends.

Member of TC fanclub.

Allergic rhinitis?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Sounds like allergy.
    Although it's strange that it's never happened before, and it's work dust (not mites etc.).
    Are you going back to work tomorrow? See if it gets better, especially on weekends.
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm still sneezing and my nose is still blocked. Anyone hearing me go *sniff-sniff-sniff* would think that I've got a cold. Previously, whenever I'm exposed to dust, I just sneeze and that's it. The sneezing is not prolonged for ... um, about 9 hours now.

I'm on leave Tue and Wed. But I'll be back at work on Thu and Fri, facing more dust, since whatever I've dusted today would have become dust-coated again by then. Plus, the construction workers are going full-steam ahead to have 4 new classrooms, an administrative office, a playroom and a kitchen all completed by the 3rd week of December or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Allergic rhinitis?
    Huh? Never had it before. Is it serious? Or am I just reacting in this way because it's just happens to be way too much dust from building construction?

---

Edit: I did a search and found this: http://www.aaaai.org/patients/resour...r/rhinitis.pdf

[STARTQUOTE]Signs of allergic rhinitis are similar to signs of a common cold. But, unlike common cold symptoms, allergic rhinitis can last for more than 8-10 days and may include: A stuffy nose or a runny nose, Sneezing, Itchy nose, itchy eyes or watery eyes.[ENDQUOTE]

Great. If it doesn't clear up, I might have to ride it out for 8-10 days???

Further info: I've never been really allergic to anything before ... except for one particular incident with a tunafish sandwich at a well-known coffee chain. I turned red in the neck and started itching within 30 mins of eating the sandwich. The doctor I saw told me that it was probably something in that particular mixture of tuna that didn't agree with me. I've never had any problems with tuna (canned/raw) before that, and so far, haven't had any problems since.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 12-03-07 at 08:01 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

HYS,

The doctor you saw is funny.

Allergic rhinitis is just a broad term that covers hay fever and other symptoms of upper airway symptoms that you have - there can be many, many precipitant.

Try taking some anti-histamine like clarytyne or telfast and see if it works.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

If you have say....3-4 energy drinks per week for the next 2 weeks, how detrimental would it be to your health in the long term? And how long would the withdrawal last? And would it be a normal symptom to feel like your fingers shake a bit (kind of like a convulsion, but not that serious) but it does keep you awake to do stuff?

About caffeine withdrawal....I've usually been okay within a month, usually takes 2 weeks. But I'm starting to doubt whether I can 'quit'..I've been spending $5-$10 a week on coffee for the past 3-4 months....plus all the instant coffee I drink at home. Tea doesn't do anything for me =( I did quit during the summer though (okay maybe not the entire summer...more like a month in the summer).