Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dicky Cheung and Nicholas Tse in trouble for beating up Mainland co-star

I, for one, am hugely offended by the "which proves their views about Hong Kong show business" comment.

Do you have any idea how popular HK-produced entertainment is in mainland China? To hint that people from mainland (whether ordinary audience or artists) think Hong Kong show business is rubbish is just too hideous.
    I'm sure that it doesn't mean ALL Chinese nationals thinks HK show business is rubbish. It refers to the some 30 Chinese artists whom had signed for the petition.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I'm sure that it doesn't mean ALL Chinese nationals thinks HK show business is rubbish. It refers to the some 30 Chinese artists whom had signed for the petition.
    But the wording of the article implies that, and I'm offended. Call me sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor
    Many actors are crooks and hooligans. They think that because they are famous and popular, they are above the law.
    Is this Nicholas Tse the same guy who had an auto accident but swap place with someone else when reporting the accident.
    These people are powerful and they even get away with murder.
    Only their stupid fans believe that they are godly in looks and angelic in behaviour.
    In reality they are just hypocrites and scums.

These two are as guilty as hell.
    Indeed, instead of the HK china argument, perhaps one should look at the character of the stars themselves. Nic Tse for goodness sake is not someone that should be trusted.

Question

Who is Wang Bozhoa? Do anyone have a picture?
    ...Total Sadness...

to foreva;
    hey, i know Nic has done some wrong things in the past, but he already has paid his dues, right? please give the guy a chance!
    anyway, i do think that he can be trusted still, and i am not only saying that just becoz i am a fan of his. i think that he is sincere in apologizing to Wang Bo Zhao.
    to me, it is still just a simple matter of misunderstanding blown out of proportion.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_shiny
    to foreva;
    hey, i know Nic has done some wrong things in the past, but he already has paid his dues, right? please give the guy a chance!
    anyway, i do think that he can be trusted still, and i am not only saying that just becoz i am a fan of his. i think that he is sincere in apologizing to Wang Bo Zhao.
    to me, it is still just a simple matter of misunderstanding blown out of proportion.
    Umm not to go back to the whole controversy about the car accident, but I dun think several hours of community service which he did not complete isn't having paid his due...my two cents

its hard for a leopard to change its spots.

tru, very tru. It's hard to chng the way u r......
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Well, there's more than meets the eyes...

In HK a common stereotype shared by many is that Mainland Chinese are culturally/socially inferior. This has been going on for many years, and this habit is hard to kill.

In recent years, due to the rapid economic development of Mainland China and the relatively weakening of HK economy, many Mainland Chinese think that it is "our turn to look down upon HK people instead of the other way around".

It is very sad...

Anyway, seems that in showbiz there is also a lot of friction between HK and Mainland artists. This incident just triggered a lot of response, that's all.
    i agree with this, these are the reasons for this thing thats happened. of course theres no 'hatred' between dicky and nic versus wang bo zhao, also the 30 mainland actors that signed to support wang i doubt that they actually agree with wang. not only in showbiz, the tension between china and hk is already there, and the showbiz is the place that can show it because media tend to focus a lot on entertainment news.

if you only read the HK news, you get biased points that support the HK side, there are some news posted in the thread from HK sources you can read, it don't really talk too much about the actors Dicky, Nic,and Wang. it emphasize more on what they want u to think how the Chinese ppl view HK people and such...i'm sure Mainland news probably write the same thing in support of the Chinese side.

Default Even the china reporters and people have enough of Wang's nonsense.

Regarding the 30 actors who signed the "petition". Some china reporters (i guess they got irritated by wang's ridiculous request for 1mil) went to interview one of the actors, Xiao Gang i think, cant remember the surname. he's supposedly one of the more "powerful"/popular actor among the 30. Anyway, he mentioned that someone just passed him a paper and ask him to sign, so he did. He doesn't really know much about what happened (sounds like he's switching side too :P )

Default here are some responses of China nationals

here are some responses of China nationals regarding Wang's demand for cash compensation, taken from Sina.com forum
    [http://comment2.news.sina.com.cn/cgi...9377&style=00]

2004-10-21 08:12:57
    Wang Bo Zhao is a despicable man!

2004-10-21 08:20:07
    Is he done?!

2004-10-21 08:50:58
    You still dare to talk about dignity? If you have any, you won't be still here refusing to let the matter go.

2004-10-21 08:53:37
    Shameless! Really!

2004-10-21 08:57:46
    Strongly request Dicky and Nicholas to hit him again, all the way till the 1million mark.

2004-10-21 09:02:27
    Should have hit him till he's crippled if it's known that he's so lawless.

2004-10-21 09:12:03
    Sensationalising news. Don't sympathise with him.

2004-10-21 09:25:13
    Gosh! Why is this Wang becoming more like a clown?

2004-10-21 09:28:48
    Wang doesn't have to worry about the rest of his life anymore. These 2 guys is even nicer than his own son.

2004-10-21 09:29:37
    "Injuries cannot be compensated by money" Then why do you want money? "Injuried cannot be compensated by money" Then how do you want be to compensated? Wanna hit back? Honestly, you're doing it all for money, don't act innocent! If it's me you encounter, I'll beat you to death on the spot!

2004-10-21 09:32:03
    Rubbish!

2004-10-21 09:51:38
    Oh! Wang still want respect ah, so does that mean finding an American to hit him again will result in higher compensation?

2004-10-21 09:52:29
    Since the start of the incident till now, sympathy for Wang has turned into suspicions and reverse emotions. No wonder people want to hit him.

2004-10-21 09:59:39
    If it's really for the integrity of China artistes, should stop Wang's shameless behaviour right now!

2004-10-21 10:14:42
    Last time saw this report mentioning about Ma Xiao Gang or someone among the 38, he doesn't even know Wang Bo Zhao, just feel that hitting people while filming is wrong, and seeing everybody signing it, so he follows suit.

2004-10-21 10:14:44
    Still changing.
    Wang ah, can't you script out your words before making public annoucements?

2004-10-21 10:17:58
    What's up with Wang?
    Don't be so unforgiving. Don't take the chance to make yourself well-known. Do treat yourself like a human. Self Respect!

2004-10-21 10:21:22
    Who are they supporting? Wang Bo Zhao!
    Why are they doing this? Because of "Hitting people while filming"!
    Now the truth about Wang's character is out! How much of his words can be trusted? His medical report is already out, just light injuries. If it's deliberately teaching him a lesson, to vent off frustrations and anger, how can it be just light injuries? At the very least should be of moderate injuries!
    So, the current situation shows that the person the 38 big-actors is actually a despicable man. The news about support from them is also created by this despicable person.

2004-10-21 10:28:17
    Self annoucing that his leg still has clogged blood, Wang Bo Wang is totally with the idea of the law suit, he said that this is a process that he has to go through. "Compensation of 1 million is the lawyer's decision, I don't know. If you ask me is the figure enough, in America, being slapped will warrant a compensation of a few hundreds thousands, Dicky Cheung has given me so many slaps. Now it's not the issue of money. The loss of my respect and integrity is hard to use money to compensate." Wang Bo Zhao expressed, "emotional hurt cannot be compensated".
    ---I faint! The number of actors being slapped while filming is uncountable! If he calculates by this method, all the actors will be fighting for the slapping scenes! ha!

2004-10-21 10:33:56
    Last time, when trying to get sympathy, he will never mention in from of the media regarding his American identity; now talking about money, he brings out the USA's regulations.
    To those people who are forever shouting, how can hongkongers hit our china actors, look at what kind of thing you are supporting.

2004-10-21 10:44:13
    Enough. Initially was scolding Dicky, now everybody is scolding Wang.

2004-10-21 10:48:27
    Before this incident, they also showed the part where Nicholas is being slapped by Dicky while filming. Based on this argument, is it like what nicholas has gone through as well, also the incredible loss of dignity?
    Enough Mr Wang. If you want money, just say so. Now it's obvious that it's you who is "Using the show to demand money"!

2004-10-21 11:07:18
    The Wang idiot can only be ridden by people as a horse. Just want money to promote himself. How many people doesn't know him now.

2004-10-21 11:09:59
    Now I'm really curious to know exactly what kind of injuries he is suffering from.

2004-10-21 14:23:32
    I want to go to America! I want to go to America! Go to America and do a lousy filming can earn good money, light injuries can get compensated 1 million. How nice, to be supported for the rest of my life! Lalala! I want to go to America! America also has 24hrs Kentucky, unless China with nothing.

2004-10-21 15:10:20
    After beating round the bush, it's still back to money. Light injuries can he want 1million. Is there something wrong with his brain? I think he should go and be involve in Art films the next time. Like to show off his leg so much, make people disgusted. He doesn't even see how fat he is. Shameless! Despicable!

2004-10-21 16:07:19
    Wang xx represent China? Isn't he an American?

2004-10-21 16:39:07
    Injuried during work why not seek compensation from the producer? Weird! !
    He must look for Dicky and Nicholas, on what grounds?
    It's not even Dicky and Nicholas who fork out the money to employ him to act.
    Looks like there's really something wrong with Wang's head.
    Can it be because Dicky and Nicholas hit him till water seeps into his head?
    If that's the case, 1million is too little!
    Should increase the compensation amount! Hospital bills and also need to repair his brain.

2004-10-21 23:49:34
    Light injuries only, sit in wheelchair. In future, the whole street will be full of wheel chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by cmu_wasabi
    Umm not to go back to the whole controversy about the car accident, but I dun think several hours of community service which he did not complete isn't having paid his due...my two cents

i just think that he should be given a chance to prove to us that he has already changed, anyway, why drag his car incident into this? is it becoz he has done something bad before that he is automatically inclined to do it again now? to hit Wang repeatedly?
    i really think its just a simple misunderstanding, injuries can't be helped during filming. it is a normal occurence. and besides, they have already siad sorry.
    if wang really mean that money cannot compensate this, then why is he asking for money? why can't he just let things drop?
    note:to foreva and cmu_wasabi, pls don't be angry at me! i am merely expressing my opnion. no hard feelings ok?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Default 29/09/04

story filed : 29/09/04

wang bozhao was visited in hospital by nicholas tse and dicky cheung who gave him a basket of fruit. it is thought now that the dispute over the two HK actors beating him up during filming could be over after they agreed an apology.

not surprisingly his claim that he had got them blacklisted in hollywood was met with blank stares at the actual hollywood union, who said wang was not even a member anyway.

http://www.ultraviolence.pwp.blueyon...i?news+0+10#12

This is absurd. Tbe Monkey King doesn't need anybody's help when it comes to fighting. Come on, he knows 72 transformations!

I'm just messing.

Talking

Whoah......Dicky Cheung + Nicholas Tse teaming up to beat up some mainland Chinese actor?? Ahhhhaaaaa....hahahehe.....LOL! Not to be so cold, that's kinda funny!!

-Bibi

I know this is real old news, but what is the outcome of all this? Anyone knows?

Hmm.. I totally forgot about this news..
    Honestly, apologies is already made by Dicky and Nic. Sure, Dicky's not that sincere.... but, I think that means he thinks he hasn't done anything wrong. Nic.. hmm.. I don't know but, in an interview, he said that there's some paparazzi who wants to take pictures of him and he uhh destroyed his camera and the paparazzi was very scared. Then later he apologized and promised to compensate the camera.. So, I think, one, is he won't mind apologizing.. as long as he settles things down and two, people should stop linking him with the car accident..

If Wang is still stubborn, then its his business. If he wants to sue, that means he wants money and that is totally the opposite of what he has said. So, what I think he wants now is revenge O_>

Forget what I said if this doesn't make sense. Heh.
    Last edited by arachidonic; 07-15-05 at 10:00 AM.