Thread: Two questions about the Luk Siu Fung novel.

Default Two questions about the Luk Siu Fung novel.

1)From what I read from the translations ,it seems that Sai Mun chui shuet only engaged in bare handed(or bare sworded) close range fighting by stabbing the throat,did he have any far range attacks like sword chi in the later parts of the novel?

2)What was Yip Goo Seng's Flying fairy(?) sword skill all about?It was always thought as something extraordinary but what was it all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mok
    1)From what I read from the translations ,it seems that Sai Mun chui shuet only engaged in bare handed(or bare sworded) close range fighting by stabbing the throat,did he have any far range attacks like sword chi in the later parts of the novel?

2)What was Yip Goo Seng's Flying fairy(?) sword skill all about?It was always thought as something extraordinary but what was it all about?
    1)Attacks with chi isn't a aspect of GL's novels

2)what GL want to wrote about is Characters, not kungfu, thus he didnt mention how's Flying Deity looks like or how's it is execute.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by ”~‹áá
    1)Attacks with chi isn't a aspect of GL's novels
    Not true, attacks with chi do exist in GL's novels. But it doesn't happen in every story.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 10-09-04 at 09:05 PM.

yeah some of them can use chi to showoff/hold back the enemies, but the chi from GL novels cant make people injure...
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

They say that skill level comparision between Gu Long and Jin Yong characters are not very clear. But from what I see now,can Sai Mun's skills be compared to the Flying Fox era type of level since it's always close-range sword fighting and no large chi projectiles?

Not that I'm saying that his skill is lousy since I know he always manages to stab the throat most of the time.Just that I'm questioning if there can be a comparision to the Flying Fox age since most of the time it's close range weapon fighting.
    Last edited by Mr. Mok; 10-10-04 at 07:15 AM.

yeah some of them can use chi to showoff/hold back the enemies, but the chi from GL novels cant make people injure...
    Wasn't Ah Fei hurt by chi from the shaolin monks? a palm strike if I recall correctly...
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Wrong again. They can injure people with chi. Read Ming Jian Fengliu for just one example.